Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

They're in response to one that the founder of Plenish Juice made: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01/15/my-day-on-a-plate-twitter-trend_n_6478772.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Chard posted:

They're all riffing on Hunter S. Thompson's "daily schedule"

:rip:

That man knew how to live.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

That man knew how to live.

not really he died.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aston posted:

They're in response to one that the founder of Plenish Juice made: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01/15/my-day-on-a-plate-twitter-trend_n_6478772.html

Am I supposed to be surprised this is the diet of a cleanse diet company founder.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

not really he died.

68 is an alright age for such a life style.

He also knew how to die:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ReDDDC0Rg

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently companies are charging about 6 times as much for 'activated' almonds than for regular almonds.

Seriously? For almonds you don't have to cook? They're either charging way too much or way too little, depending on whether their target market is "college kids" or "rich people".

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Loser posted:

"That's no Moon Pie..."

:golfclap:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

68 is an alright age for such a life style.

Especially since he died by his own choice. It's not like he OD'd and died by misadventure.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Especially since he died by his own choice. It's not like he OD'd and died by misadventure.

But goddamn if he didn't try for the last 40 years of his life.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Are these 'my day on a plate' things some sort of joke?

Some people take them seriously but others just gently caress around, Pete Evans is a wanker though and actually believes all that activated almond & alkalised water bullshit.

hambeet has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Jan 19, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Matthew Beet posted:

Some people take them seriously, Pete Evans is a wanker though and actually believes all that activated almond & alkalised water bullshit.

He also thinks fluoride and vaccinations are a conspiracy.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently companies are charging about 6 times as much for 'activated' almonds than for regular almonds.
I think if you're that stupid to pay extra for almonds to have a shiatsu massage before you eat them, you don't deserve my dignity why the gently caress do you do such a godawful thing and waste EVERYBODY'S TIME you shitfucking-

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

He also thinks fluoride and vaccinations are a conspiracy.

That's right. A quick wiki on him also shows that he thinks that dieting is one of the causes of autism.

Whilst being a big advocate for paleo.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Haruharuharuko posted:

Thank you flea market

Booyah!

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Heh, I knew that reminded me of something.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Matthew Beet posted:

Some people take them seriously but others just gently caress around, Pete Evans is a wanker though and actually believes all that activated almond & alkalised water bullshit.

Step 1: Buy alkaline water
Step 2: Pour vinegar in it
Step 3: Drink your loving salt water you god drat hippy retard

Apparently Pete doesn't understand baking soda and vinegar.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Stevia is something you don't want to eat unless you're stupid. Its way too sweet so its used at 1/100 quantities to replace sugar

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Matthew Beet posted:

That's right. A quick wiki on him also shows that he thinks that dieting is one of the causes of autism.

Whilst being a big advocate for paleo.

Because everyone knows our caveman ancestors existed on activated almonds, alkalized water, and green tea. :jerkbag:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

amityville anus posted:

Stevia is something you don't want to eat unless you're stupid. Its way too sweet so its used at 1/100 quantities to replace sugar

Plus this can happen

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

YEEEEEHAAAAWWW!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

amityville anus posted:

Wait, what's stupid about that? I'm pretty sure all the major artificial sweeteners are way sweeter than sugar.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sappo569 posted:

Plus this can happen

What am I looking for here?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

hooah posted:

Ricin.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

hooah posted:

^ Beat'n

Unless you watched Breaking Bad I guess it wouldn't be obvious, the joke is she always asked for Stevia, and it was eventually used to poison her with Ricin

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Sappo569 posted:

Plus this can happen

:golfclap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Stay-Puft
Jul 5, 2007
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that could never destroy us.

Chard posted:

They're all riffing on Hunter S. Thompson's "daily schedule"

:rip:

Hunter S. Thompson in 1979, to Lapham's Quarterly posted:

Breakfast is the only meal of the day that I tend to view with the same kind of traditionalized reverence that most people associate with Lunch and Dinner. I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one psychic anchor every twenty-four hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas or at home — and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed — breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: four Bloody Marys, two grapefruits, a pot of coffee, Rangoon crepes, a half-pound of either sausage, bacon, or corned beef hash with diced chiles, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of Key lime pie, two margaritas, and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert... Right, and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next twenty-four hours and at least one source of good music… All of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of a hot sun, and preferably stone naked.
(original source)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sappo569 posted:

Plus this can happen

I knew I had heard of Stevia from somewhere before...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hockles posted:

I knew I had heard of Stevia from somewhere before...

It's funny because I never did before the show

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

I can figure everything out except for Purpul-hurl. What is that supposed to be?!

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

FrumpleOrz posted:

I can figure everything out except for Purpul-hurl. What is that supposed to be?!

Purple-hull peas:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pur...ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Purple Hull Peas

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

amityville anus posted:

Pretty sure pure Stevia is like 1/16, and most companies put in fillers to get it right around 1/2 like every other sweetener. Not anything to get emotional about.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

This looks like something my six-year-old son would write.

Congratulations, Cletus! You're writing at the level of a Chicago Public Schools kindergartner.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

captainOrbital posted:

Congratulations, Cletus! You're writing at the level of a Chicago Public Schools kindergartner.

Hey, he spelled "peas" correctly! (I had to look it up to figure what "maters" were despite being raised in the South)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

captainOrbital posted:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Tora! Tora! Tora! posted:

Hey, he spelled "peas" correctly! (I had to look it up to figure what "maters" were despite being raised in the South)

Would you care to enlighten me because fuzzy search is killing me here.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

You just posted that in at least 2 threads, congratulations it isn't funny in either

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Tora! Tora! Tora! posted:

(I had to look it up to figure what "maters" were despite being raised in the South)

I tried just now and couldn't find what they are. Care to enlighten the rest of us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Goodpancakes posted:

YEEEEEHAAAAWWW!

Virginia celebrated Lee-Jackson-King day until 2000 (Jackson of the "Stonewall" variety).

• Locked thread