Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Shadowlz posted:

I said take place in a loving city not have a 20 building "city" in it. There is not a single city in this game. There are villages.

You seem upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

warcrimes posted:

You seem upset.

It upset me that there are still people who buy games and can't correctly read a single sentence.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

End of Watch: CynthiaDutch, ICP4EVA.

Died in service of the Pleasant Valley Police Department while rounding up looters, organized under Detective Dick Fingers.

Edit- thanks to virtualboyCOLOR I now realize how much fun I'm not supposed to be having

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 19, 2015

GreenLight
Apr 5, 2014

Can I keep his head for a souvenir ?
i must say i enjoy shooting arrows into heads very much.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Svanja posted:

What is your favorite game?

Pac Man, obviously. It is the most pure version of gaming ever achieved, and no mere game developer can ever hope to reach that pinnacle again.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Looks like they are fixing the loot (or lack thereof) in containers. Patch later tonight.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

A person blew up when they didn't expect to. This is a brand new frontier never seen in any other video game.

No but you see I spent twenty dollars on this turd so

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

SuicideSnowman posted:

Looks like they are fixing the loot (or lack thereof) in containers. Patch later tonight.

Awesome news!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

No but you see I spent twenty dollars on this turd so

im pretty sure nobody feels the need to justify a 20 dollar purchase tho

at least i dont, because im not poor

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Third World Reggin posted:

overly huge image but totally worth it

That was awesome.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

GreenLight posted:

i must say i enjoy shooting arrows into heads very much.

Someone had me dead to rights while I was stupidly checking containers (never again), he somehow missed with his arrow from 5 feet so I started raining fists of fury upon him (I had no weapons). He realized it's really tough to shoot someone flailing & juking around at point blank range and gave up on the bow to start punching me back. It was too late however, after 30 seconds or so I gave him the knockout killpunch and the screech he made in prox chat was so satisfying. And to finish the deed I proned inside his dead body and said "nom nom nom" as I stripped him naked of loot while he contemplated having relations with my mom.

I died about 20 seconds later to a crowbar in the face from a random person.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Knightmare posted:

I died about 20 seconds later to a crowbar in the face from a random person.

This has been my biggest issue. If I go on a PVE server, there are just people everywhere. If I go on the goon pvp server, I still run across someone every minute or two. Just the popularity right now I guess, but it's only a matter of time until I'm dead, even if I win the majority of my fistfights. I've yet to even see a metal scrap or crowbar.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Eltoasto posted:

This has been my biggest issue. If I go on a PVE server, there are just people everywhere. If I go on the goon pvp server, I still run across someone every minute or two. Just the popularity right now I guess, but it's only a matter of time until I'm dead, even if I win the majority of my fistfights. I've yet to even see a metal scrap or crowbar.

Yeah there are a lot of people online and any kind of structure will have someone around it or someone visiting within a few minutes, no matter how remote it seems. I died in my particular encounter since I had very low health after the fistfight, but usually if people get aggressive you can just run forever and everyone runs the same speed so they'll never catch you with melee weapons.

Also some dev on twitter is saying containers should be fixed (not sure about now, or in the next patch).

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
I give to you, our current Detroit/Mogoondishu.

Also, gently caress the police

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

automaticswim posted:

I give to you, our current Detroit/Mogoondishu.

Also, gently caress the police

Hmmm I now want to unironically try this game.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

You build crates right, can't you put those on the roof side by side to provide cover from firearms?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought it and I don't work Tuesdays or Wednesdays, so I guess it's time to jump on the pubbie stomper express.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

Hmmm I now want to unironically try this game.

its fun

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
Wow. I tried playing this on my laptop the other day. The performance was *awful* (3-4 fps maybe). I just saw a post on the subreddit saying that the game (for whatever reasons) seems to default to using the integrated graphics instead of the discrete GPU.

I don't know exactly what it is now after changing to use the discrete card, but it's more like 30ish and entirely playable.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Watching streams the last couple days, it seems this game is actually fun and playable after the hotfixes were introduced. Now to decide to spend money on a future 'free' game to get in on the fun, or risk missing out on the fun when the game is more fully developed but people have long lost interest.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

I spawned in and ran towards the nearest building. A guy started following me with a bow and arrow. I hid behind a door. When he came into the building I beat him to death with a stick. I took his bow and his canned peaches.

GOTY 2015.

Xae fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 20, 2015

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.
as much as i hate goons and playing with goons, i wouldnt do it any other way

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

That loving rocked. I'm hoping someone got some footage of us chasing a red jeep in a police car from today; I just bailed out and magdumped at him in a vain effort to blow his car up with my .45. Judging by the smoke that came out I was like two shots short. :(

There are a lot of little goofy alpha things in this game but I have been having a lot of fun.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

the Gaffe posted:

Watching streams the last couple days, it seems this game is actually fun and playable after the hotfixes were introduced. Now to decide to spend money on a future 'free' game to get in on the fun, or risk missing out on the fun when the game is more fully developed but people have long lost interest.

Do you like to have fun in games that arent feature complete? Buy this, it's pretty good when playing with goons right now.

Are you annoyed by dumb poo poo that will probably be patched out at a later date (arrows not having physics, ankle deep water, no loot in containers)? Wait at least a few weeks.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
After Action Report
H1Z1 Day 1:
I awoke in a field, with nothing but my wits and the clothes on my back. After using the sun to gain my bearings, I began the trek to Mogoondishu. I ran and ran, collecting sticks and blackberries asking the way. Spotting a potential foe coming my way, I hid in the bushes but they spotted me. I recognized them as a goon and as they wailed on me with their fists, I yelled out IMMA GOON and they stopped. We resumed our journey together and after a brisk run, we fell upon Mogoondishu.

Hooray!

All the blackberries I ate earlier apparently caused my digestive system to overload and I began pooping violently near a zombie (I pressed a button that kind of caused me to squat). Unable to stop midpoop (I couldn't find whichever button I pressed to put me in a defenseless position), aforementioned zombie took a bite from my neck I couldn't recover from.

I died.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
People running Goonbase: Chill out on the autism. Jesus Christ.

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
i suck at navigating in this game..trying to make my way to goonbase and just when i think i'm going in the right direction, use /loc and wtf, my y is completely going up instead of down.

skateboardjesus
Oct 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Got Haggis? posted:

i suck at navigating in this game..trying to make my way to goonbase and just when i think i'm going in the right direction, use /loc and wtf, my y is completely going up instead of down.

Y is not the right thing to use, its X for up and down and Z for horizontal.

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:

Got Haggis? posted:

y is your elevation so you can pretty much ignore that one. x is north/south and z is east/west.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
loool i was thinking z was elevation. that would explain it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If containers are busted how do you get crafting supplies now?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Tide posted:

After Action Report
H1Z1 Day 1:
I awoke in a field, with nothing but my wits and the clothes on my back. After using the sun to gain my bearings, I began the trek to Mogoondishu. I ran and ran, collecting sticks and blackberries asking the way. Spotting a potential foe coming my way, I hid in the bushes but they spotted me. I recognized them as a goon and as they wailed on me with their fists, I yelled out IMMA GOON and they stopped. We resumed our journey together and after a brisk run, we fell upon Mogoondishu.

Hooray!

All the blackberries I ate earlier apparently caused my digestive system to overload and I began pooping violently near a zombie (I pressed a button that kind of caused me to squat). Unable to stop midpoop (I couldn't find whichever button I pressed to put me in a defenseless position), aforementioned zombie took a bite from my neck I couldn't recover from.

I died.

Did you actually die while taking a poo poo?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hipster Occultist posted:

Did you actually die while taking a poo poo?

Yup.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Turtlicious posted:

If containers are busted how do you get crafting supplies now?

Shift+click or shift+right click to drop the items from container. After dropped, close the window, reopen inventory, and where the container list is, scroll down to "proximity" and you'll see the items on the ground. Pick them up from there.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Am I really buying another Zombie game...?

I am...

How many WarZ/Survivor goons are there? Most enjoyable group to run with :|

Freak_Show
Jan 13, 2015
Liberatore took one for the team!!!

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/52123882276931829/72F670CC1619CB2F6C9BB3BFC5FBF0804547C128/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynthia_Dutch
Dec 30, 2012

I think he actually enjoyed it....just saying.

• Locked thread