Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
drat rscott, you got off lucky. You went to see a doctor right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Geirskogul posted:

Okay...

No real damage, and the gate is still locked, but it was up on some jackstands and the jackstands are gone. I'm going to sit in the back patio with my pistol tonight, gently caress jesus I'm not going to file this one online

E: on the center stand with jackstands under the front and rear on 2x4s to keep it from tipping fore/aft. No way it tipped over by itself. I've only been gone for an hour!

E2: the wheels I took off a few days ago, they're at the shop getting tires mounted tomorrow.

Fuuuuuuckk man. Messing with a guys car is one thing, but his motorcycle? It's street justice time.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

drat rscott, you got off lucky. You went to see a doctor right?

They took me in an ambulance to the hospital, I was examined there and they couldn't find anything wrong with me besides the hand, it's really pretty amazing. Even my hosed up back doesn't hurt more than it normally does. Hell, the tetanus shot site hurts more than most of everything else.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

So they broke into your car and stole a notebook, and then they broke into your yard and stole the jackstands from under your motorcycle?

Do you live in a place that has a lot of junkies, but ones that are even more profoundly stupid than average?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Make any enemies lately? Really sounds like someone is trying to gently caress with you, stay safe

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

T1g4h posted:

Re: Snapchatte / snapcatte, I think General Wiggles / s.madhavan may have the best catte ever. Every time I see a snap of that big fluffy cat I go all :3:

I'm glad he has admirers! :3:

He's a pretty old man now, so he spends a lot of his time sleeping, but whenever he's up, he's always looking regal. Also, Holdbrooks practically has a shorthair version of him!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

So they broke into your car and stole a notebook, and then they broke into your yard and stole the jackstands from under your motorcycle?

Do you live in a place that has a lot of junkies, but ones that are even more profoundly stupid than average?

Was your address in your notebook? :tinfoil:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I really dislike Vicodin. Such a worthless painkiller, but I didn't wanna look like a smackhead asking for something stronger. They also gave me Flexeril instead of Soma so I won't be getting too hosed up tonight. Got my heating pad on high and am gonna play Defiance until I fall asleep.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Wow that took one hell of a hit. Even though they crash well I'm amazed you didn't get hurt.

Geirskogul posted:

Okay...

No real damage, and the gate is still locked, but it was up on some jackstands and the jackstands are gone. I'm going to sit in the back patio with my pistol tonight, gently caress jesus I'm not going to file this one online
gently caress thieves wow

CommieGIR posted:

Was your address in your notebook? :tinfoil:
He could have had it on the resume, or they knew the car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

Okay...

E: on the center stand with jackstands under the front and rear on 2x4s to keep it from tipping fore/aft. No way it tipped over by itself. I've only been gone for an hour!

E2: the wheels I took off a few days ago, they're at the shop getting tires mounted tomorrow.

Time to move.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

:stare: What a coincidence.

https://imgur.com/a/shAve

(These are old, no need to mourn another E30)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

OK go to an Asian grocery store (or Amazon) and buy a Vietnamese coffee filter thing. It's a little metal contraption that makes coffee one cup at a time and it's very easy to use.

Also buy some chicory coffee to use in it.

I just tried it and it was amazing with a little splash of milk; I don't usually like coffee at all. I can't wait to try it with some sweetened condensed milk in the appropriate Vietnamese fashion.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
now my grandma is telling me about when she crashed her 70 buick skylark with a 442 in it driving home from the bar and telling me not to feel too bad about it

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

rscott posted:

now my grandma is telling me about when she crashed her 70 buick skylark with a 442 in it driving home from the bar and telling me not to feel too bad about it

Your grandma owns, buy her an account.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Haha, she's way cooler than I am

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Replaced the radiator and the thermostat in the XJ this weekend. Still loving leaks goddamnit. I've got 27 days to get this thing ready to tow a small uhaul from Phoenix to Seattle and sell my bike and fffffuuuucccckkkkk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

A friend's older brother tried to kill himself last night. Recently his son was injured under his supervision and his wife used this in court, she was awarded full custody and he was allowed only one supervised visit per month. This is down from joint custody and having his son alternating weeks. He'd turned his life around when the boy was born, he lived for that kid. I'm told he tried to OD and still hasn't woken up. My buddy is a loving mess so I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Oh hey. Just got word he died.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Fuuuck. My condolences Rhyno :(

What happened to 2015 starting out great? Where'd that go?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Condolences Rhyno, both to you and especially to your friend. I can't even imagine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I guess he woke up on the next day after I posted and he was out of the hospital just the other day. Once he was stable they put a 24 hour psyche hold on him. His brother went to get him and he thought he'd be able to help him. He walked out of the house on Saturday and they found him a little while ago. No word if it was another OD.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Cat Terrist posted:

Depending on where you live, it's actually considerably more difficult for the original land occupiers to gain any kind of benefit. There's a policy called the Intervention that is claimed policy to isolate welfare payments in the Northern Territory so the Aboriginals dont buy booze and ciggies / drugs. It of course doesnt work, it only makes life harder for them. The actual real problem is also of course a lack of services and jobs, the services are being withdrawn in many places due to "cost cutting", schooling is extremely limited and the jobs are usually either fly in / flyouts or 457 visas and illegal overstayers who fly in, mixed in with 3 month tourist visas. Thence you have a population who have no education, no jobs and no hope. Of course they are going to drink themselves to oblivion!

Now some programs that NGO's have done have targeted the real issues and have worked pretty well to get Aboriginal communities out of poverty and hopelessness. But also get this - the current LNP govt are DEFUNDING these NGO's and leaving no alternatives to the Intervention!

I might point out that the Intervention policies aren't outright targeted at Aborginals, but because they make the majority of the populations int he areas targeted, they are the ones who get bent over. If you are white and live in those communities you would be equally hit but the fact is that whites are more likely to be able to GTFO or get work with a better education.

It's honestly really hosed up and the withdrawal of funding for the NGO's is what really is appalling. Those organisations were making a real difference.

What really pisses me off about Tumblr SJW's is they poo poo on about "their" version of social justice, when you got actual hosed up things like the above going on and they don't give a poo poo about genuine injustice for a second. And the thing that really gets my hackles up is that actually doing something... like say language services for Aboriginal and Refugees is actually pretty easy to get into and also highly rewarding. I've done that and it was awesome - if somewhat occasionally hair raising when they tell the stories of how they got to Australia and what lead them to run - say an Afghan matter of factly telling of his escape from the Taliban and showing the place he was shot in the leg. Or an Iraqi man seeing a bunch of his relatives blown to bits by a car bomb. Or a Somali who hid in a shitter while knife weilding gangs are raping the poo poo out of his sister. These people are far more worthwhile than any number of fat fuckwit politicans or mining magnates.

Just a question, I am in Brisbane but how did you generally get involved in volunteering to for language services? Sounds like a positive and worth while thing to do.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Oh hey. Just got word he died.

gently caress :( I hope she is happy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

She just deleted her Facebook. I guess the swarm of "YOU loving oval office" posts was too much for her.

His name was Corey and he loved cars and guns and his son.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Jesus. I'm sorry, Rhyno.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/4849227779.html
I keep finding all sorts of weird poo poo for under $2k someone save me from myself

e: Jesus Rhyno that's awful

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Rhyno posted:

She just deleted her Facebook. I guess the swarm of "YOU loving oval office" posts was too much for her.

His name was Corey and he loved cars and guns and his son.

She gets to live with this the rest of her natural life, and every time she sees the kid she'll be reminded.

gently caress this is terrible dude. :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

rscott posted:

I keep finding all sorts of weird poo poo for under $2k someone save me from myself

e: Jesus Rhyno that's awful

This would be a good E30 replacement. Buy it.

e: http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/4830365947.html

This makes me legitimately annoyed. Why an EXP, of all things? Weren't those super uncommon?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I appreciate it guys, really though I'd only hung out with him a few times. His brother and I are old friends and now I'm honestly concerned he might do something really stupid like go after her for starting these dominoes falling.

Edit: He shot himself. gently caress.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 20, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I appreciate it guys, really though I'd only hung out with him a few times. His brother and I are old friends and now I'm honestly concerned he might do something really stupid like go after her for starting these dominoes falling.

Edit: He shot himself. gently caress.

gently caress. gently caress. :( I'm so sorry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I'm not going to try calling my buddy since he has this poo poo to deal with, messaged a few friends and they don't know poo poo yet. Nobody's posting anything on Facebook either.

Edit: Okay, "he shot himself" started as "he probably shot himself" so nobody really knows what happened yet.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 20, 2015

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Well I'm not going to try calling my buddy since he has this poo poo to deal with, messaged a few friends and they don't know poo poo yet. Nobody's posting anything on Facebook either.

Edit: Okay, "he shot himself" started as "he probably shot himself" so nobody really knows what happened yet.
Holy gently caress dude you live in a nexus of tragedy :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wrar posted:

Holy gently caress dude you live in a nexus of tragedy :(

I was like "nah it's not that bad" but I started thinking and the last two years really have been pretty terrible. Since August of 2013 when Taylor's mother died (another OD) I think we've lost twenty people.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rscott posted:

70 buick skylark with a 442

455, surely?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

rscott posted:

You don't want it. Parts are pretty expensive, they drive pretty bad stock, carbs suck, and they don't have a torque converter, instead they have a fluid coupler that likes to blow up.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mafoose posted:

You don't want it. Parts are pretty expensive, they drive pretty bad stock, carbs suck, and they don't have a torque converter, instead they have a fluid coupler that likes to blow up.

Which is why you put a detuned small block in it with a generic automatic transmission, and enjoy semi reliability and a better experience than stock. Make it super quiet.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

mafoose posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-220S-Ponton-Hydrak-clutch-assembly-/261245359360

:catstare:

whats the worst that could happen.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Geirskogul posted:

Which is why you put a detuned small block in it with a generic automatic transmission, and enjoy semi reliability and a better experience than stock. Make it super quiet.

Nah, if you do that you might as well do this:

(Procharged SBC with a tubbed rear)

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

leica posted:

Don't know if anyone else watches football, but I'm a Packer fan and the game yesterday was probably the most brutal loss I've ever seen by them and I've been watching games since the horrible Lynn Dickey era. I usually don't get too upset by football games but Jesus this was a hard one to take, I've never seen a game just given away by a myriad of mistakes in the final minutes before. Unbelievable.

As a Seattle fan I feel for you from how hard of a loss that must have been and because our offense played like poo poo for most of the game. And it was easily the most stressful football game I've ever watched. I still feel stressed out today.

It's cool how much this town has become a football town, the other day I was wearing team gear on my way to the ATM and someone yelled 'Go Seahawks' at me from their car. This is in a city known for it's "keep you at an arms length nice" that I admit even I'm guilty of so that was basically like getting a huge from a fellow Seattleite.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Mat_Drinks posted:

As a Seattle fan I feel for you from how hard of a loss that must have been and because our offense played like poo poo for most of the game. And it was easily the most stressful football game I've ever watched. I still feel stressed out today.

It's cool how much this town has become a football town, the other day I was wearing team gear on my way to the ATM and someone yelled 'Go Seahawks' at me from their car. This is in a city known for it's "keep you at an arms length nice" that I admit even I'm guilty of so that was basically like getting a huge from a fellow Seattleite.

I was in downtown Seattle last year when they beat the 49ers in the playoffs. It was so crazy, everybody was drunk and best friends, there were people running down the streets giving high 5s to everyone that was in a car and on the street, It was actually pretty great :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR