Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Oh my God, I just tried watching the first episode of Kancolle, and I couldn't even get two minutes in. I think I need to be either drunk or with friends, preferably both, if I'm going to watch something this stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A better plan is to not watch it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You're better off watching Hyouka drunk.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Devil Tesla posted:

A better plan is to not watch it.

A plan I'll likely subscribe to.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Its worst crime is being really bland, which is the worst thing to drunk watch.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say posted:

You're better off watching Hyouka drunk.

i wish you were Mayaka in this gif right now
but instead of being safe and unhurt after the explosion you were hurt and not safe

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Watching tiger and bunny. It's not bad. Thanks for the recommendation. Adtrw shall remain open.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

Srice posted:

Its worst crime is being really bland, which is the worst thing to drunk watch.

This internet person is speaking truth.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

Golden Time has a lot of good ideas behind it and could have been something great. However, the animation itself is pretty mundane and lacks polish and so does nothing to help a weak story that could have used some good editing.

I blame J.C Staff because all of their shows are usually like that and Toradora is a huge exception where everything actually came together for them for once.
I'm going to have to be the odd one out here, but I found the ending of Toradora to be incredibly rushed. It was slice of life/romcom stuff all the way through, then suddenly they decide to elope. If really felt like it came out of left-field and there wasn't quite enough build-up for it. Suddenly going from status quo to marriage proposal was too much of a leap, IMO. I enjoyed the rest of the show though.

Harime Nui posted:

Would there be any interest in a fanart draw thread? I've had some ideas in mind I've been wanting to work on but I'm kind of tired of dealing with GBS/BYOB and anime right now, for which see directly to the left of this post.
Yes, we know what your AV is, It's pretty hard to miss. Drawing attention to it does not help make it go away.
Thread talk, you should go ahead and do it. If a lazy poo poo like me can make a thread, so can you. Follow your dreams and

Beef Waifu posted:

Post from the heart.
There's nothing cool about someone disingenuously posting something. If you like a thing, put your posting heart into it. I love you all and I wanna see you sparkle and shine like the stars I know you can be

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

I'm going to have to be the odd one out here, but I found the ending of Toradora to be incredibly rushed. It was slice of life/romcom stuff all the way through, then suddenly they decide to elope. If really felt like it came out of left-field and there wasn't quite enough build-up for it. Suddenly going from status quo to marriage proposal was too much of a leap, IMO. I enjoyed the rest of the show though.

that was kind of the point though, them eloping was a dumb idea they came up with to avoid their myriad real problems. there's a reason they don't go through with it

also the last episode of toradora is adorable, imo

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
If you people watched Toradora and liked it you should hunt down Lovely Complex and watch that as well. The simplified premise is a short guy and tall girl who seemingly can't stand each other eventually grow to love each other.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

XyloJW posted:

Watching tiger and bunny. It's not bad. Thanks for the recommendation. Adtrw shall remain open.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

XyloJW posted:

We did it, everyone.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

serebralassazin posted:

If you people watched Toradora and liked it you should hunt down Lovely Complex and watch that as well. The simplified premise is a short guy and tall girl who seemingly can't stand each other eventually grow to love each other.

I will check it out, as I loved Toradora!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

but instead of being safe and unhurt after the explosion you were hurt and not safe

lol at Hotaro

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lovely complex has some great faces

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

It's the newest member of Gorillaz.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Indeed, it does have some awesome faces.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys is that anime by Bomber Grape, right? I like his Touhou comics, should I check it out?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yes and right now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

XyloJW posted:

Good

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I will check it out, as I loved Toradora!

Please do! Everyone should watch LoveCom.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Toradora and Lovely Complex are the top tier of rom coms.

Also Golden Time has it's problems but it's a loving anime with actual college aged people and that goes a long way to make up for it's weak parts.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Weird BIAS posted:

Also Golden Time has it's problems but it's a loving anime with actual college aged people and that goes a long way to make up for it's weak parts.
Try Honey & Clover, it's also about college students, and also really good.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Just watched Princess Kaguya. Pretty good movie all around, but gently caress, that scene where she's running out the mansion back to her home was amazing. Even if you don't like the film, find a way to just watch that scene.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Is Amagi Brilliant Park any good?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

DrPaper posted:

Is Amagi Brilliant Park any good?
Yes.
Unless you hate fun

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well I do hate fun.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HiveCommander posted:

Yes.
Unless you hate fun

Die.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Amagi was a really fun show and I'm glad the year end voting thread convinced me to watch it.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
In retrospect, deciding to finish up watching Valvrave after dropping it halfway through S2 is not the best decision I've ever made. On the other hand, doing it while drunk just might be.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

I enjoyed Hyouka. It's a really neat show that balances off elements of mystery, slice of life and romance (among other genres) in a really cool way. I think the only arc I didn't like all the way through was the one concerning the school film project, and even then, it basically helped set the stage for the school festival arc which was phenomenal. That said, some of the visuals for Hyouka are really loving weird and I wonder what would a drunk viewer's response to them would be like.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lovely Complex is A+

Honey & Clover had an okay to interesting first season that transitioned into a steaming pile of crap for a second season. Couldn't tell you what changed, but it just didn't feel the same.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Regarding Honey and Clover, Mayama's and Yamada's stories were good, and so was the stuff about Takemoto going on a bike trip to discover himself. The rest of it was pretty dull though. Especially when they tried to flesh out the stuff about Morita's brother and their father, I couldn't give half a poo poo about that.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
This looks awesome: Learn how to cook dungeon monsters in Dungeon Meshi

quote:

While the premise may be similar to Toriko, many of the monsters the party encounters are not particularly tasty (some are even poisonous), and the manga focuses on the preparation and cooking methods that would be needed to make these imaginary creatures palatable. Dungeon Meshi includes enemies familiar to generations of RPG enthusiasts, like slimes, basilisks, carnivorous plants, and walking armor — though instead of vanishing only to leave a sack of gold, these enemies are butchered and roasted over a fire. Topics other fantasy manga ignore, like the anatomy of a slime and the true identity of walking suits of armor, are elaborated on, often in great detail.

quote:

Slimes are delicious, but only when washed and sun-dried for weeks. Senshi [the dwarf] has devised a portable slime-drying net to carry on his back while dungeon-crawling.

quote:

Marcille draws a line at eating roots, given that they're beneath a graveyard.

I can't believe there's no scanlation. Goddammit. Also, ANN finally put out a good article?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

XboxPants posted:

Also, ANN finally put out a good article?
what are you talking about i loved the one where the anime reviewer called anime reviewers nerds and lifeless losers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

what are you talking about i loved the one where the anime reviewer called anime reviewers nerds and lifeless losers
or was that on the anime reviewer's twitter

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Probably Zac's twitter?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aers posted:

Probably Zac's twitter?
yeah it was that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

XyloJW posted:

phew I was sweating bullets with worry that I'd doomed this subforum

• Locked thread