Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Spectacle Rock posted:

I went to Target dot com and they say the Rosalina Amiibo is not sold in stores. Are they for real? There is a preorder button but clicking on it does no good.

I just assumed it would be sold in stores. You can't seriously tell me it will not be in stores and all Rosalina Amiibos have already been preordered? Please say that isn't so! :cry:

edit: So I can still get one? Will they only be found on Target dot com and not in person? I prefer buying in person darn it!

it will be sold in stores, for about 20 minutes until they're all gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
God I love my Wii U

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Can somebody please confirm whether mean Rosalina Scrooge is real life
he's real & probably the Grinch reincarnated in living flesh

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

If I had literally five figures to just blow I would fulfill some kind of life long dream. That guy's dream is to stop someone else from owning a toy of Rosalina and/or Captain Falcon. He deserves my envy and respect.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Won't they just print more anyway?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

greatn posted:

Won't they just print more anyway?

I didn't say his plan was coherent or anything.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

natetimm posted:

So I bought a WiiU with the excuse that my cousin's kids will play it when they visit. What are some good exclusive games an adult(me) would enjoy?

If you are ashamed to buy a Wii U, you may not be ready for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Supercar Gautier posted:

I thought that turned out to be fake, and a lie.

You thought right. Guy said he's done being a troll and started crying because "I hosed with actually autistic people for 5 years what have I done I'm a nice guy I promise"

If you want to laugh

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Man, those Grace & Glories that you can't witch-time in Bayo 1 are hard as nuts, I think I died more to those punks than anything else in the game.

Eventually managed to take 'em down though, and then I got my first silver chapter rank on Chapter XI.

E: And my first gold on chapter XIII

Davinci fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 20, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So, looks like Pushmo on 3DS and Pushmo World on Wii U are both on sale.
Is there one worth getting over the other, or should I get both?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

raditts posted:

So, looks like Pushmo on 3DS and Pushmo World on Wii U are both on sale.
Is there one worth getting over the other, or should I get both?

You should have Pushmo at all times. Do the right thing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

You should have Pushmo at all times. Do the right thing.

Well yeah, I might just get both, but I'm wondering if it's like a NES Remix kind of situation where the Wii U version has all levels from the 3DS version and then some.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

raditts posted:

Well yeah, I might just get both, but I'm wondering if it's like a NES Remix kind of situation where the Wii U version has all levels from the 3DS version and then some.

The Wii U version copies some puzzles but there are new game mechanics from the 3DS version and mostly new stuff. It's worth getting both.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

raditts posted:

No, they are separate games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You can play all the levels from the 3DS version in the Wii U version, you just have to scan 250 QR codes first.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Torquemadras posted:

I got a Wii U not too long ago, and I played the hell out of Super Mario 3D World around Christmas. Fun as hell. I also got Donkey Kong Returns at the same time, because why the hell not, the few scenes I saw of it looked pretty fun. And now that I've played through THAT, I'm looking at Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. Is that one any good?

More specifically, did they take out those loving motion controls for rolling/blowing/drumming and put them on an actual button where these actions actually happen when you want them to? That was annoying as hell, and it's specifically what kept me from going 100% on Returns. Yeah, I'm not doing those time trials when rolling feels this stupidly unprecise. I was usually cool with the motion controls in other Nintendo titles, like Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword or Super Mario Galaxy, but this is the first game that actually made me angry about it. It's maddening when I can start the motion at the exact same point, and I never really know after which distance Donkey Kong actually starts his roll. I suppose it's a matter of getting used to it (saw some people at a recent SGDQ who clearly got the hang of it), but after getting 100% on the game minus time trials and mirror mode, I don't think I really will in the foreseeable future.

http://www.pixlbit.com/news/1037/donkey_kong_country_returns_gets_classic_controller_support

With some setup it's possible to map all that poo poo to a button and play with a classic controller.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

raditts posted:

Buy Pushmo World and then get Crashmo on your 3DS.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Can't wait to get DK JR MATH on Club Nintendo tomorrow.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Can't wait to get DK JR MATH on Club Nintendo tomorrow.

Oh don't worry, they'll wait until Wednesday.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Hoooooooooly cow the fourth Jeanne fight in Bayo 1 was intense and fun, took two tries and a lolipop but I got a gold on it. That felt good

E: Got a stone for the chapter rank though, oh well

Davinci fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 20, 2015

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

elf help book posted:

If you are ashamed to buy a Wii U, you may not be ready for it.

I wasn't ashamed as much as I already have an Xbox360, a PS3, a PS4, and a monster loving computer with like 25k worth of steam poo poo on it. I bought the PS4 specifically for Bloodborne and The Last of Us.. I am single and available.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

natetimm posted:

I wasn't ashamed as much as I already have an Xbox360, a PS3, a PS4, and a monster loving computer with like 25k worth of steam poo poo on it. I bought the PS4 specifically for Bloodborne and The Last of Us.. I am single and available.

Yeah.. This is a thread for self-respecting gamers who are confident in who they are. Seek therapy if you find yourself depressed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

natetimm posted:

Well, it sounds like you've made a lot of mistakes in the past, but don't worry, you're on the righteous path now. You're with friends here.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

natetimm posted:

Tropical Freeze is better than all that poo poo, especially fuckin Bloodborne and The Last Of Us, so good work on your new best console

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Macaluso posted:

Tropical Freeze is better than all that poo poo, especially fuckin Bloodborne and The Last Of Us, so good work on your new best console
Bloodborne isn't even out yet :psyduck:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I just burned through the bonus world today, what an insanely good game. Even the little bonus levels 90% of players aren't going to play have unique mechanics seen nowhere else.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Chaltab posted:

Bloodborne isn't even out yet :psyduck:

I stand by my statement

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

natetimm posted:

You could have just bought a nice car and a Wii U you'd be miles ahead right now.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

raditts posted:

It is not worth getting both. Get the Wii U version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Welp, Club Nintendo's dead!

NOE: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/January/Important-information-about-the-discontinuation-of-Club-Nintendo-949921.html

NCL: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2015/0120.html

quote:

Nintendo’s first loyalty programmes, VIP 24:7 and Club Member, started in May 2002, and were combined in December 2007 to become Club Nintendo. Over the years, players have enjoyed the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U platforms, and countless software titles across them all. We’ve also heard the feedback and opinions of around six million Club Nintendo members across Europe and South Africa, which we have used to help shape our business.

We’re working hard to create a new programme, which we plan to launch later this year. And as a special offer, users who sign up to the new programme during the launch period will be able to download Flipnote Studio 3D to a Nintendo 3DS system for free. Please stay tuned to the Nintendo website for further details.

This new membership programme will replace Club Nintendo, so we will discontinue Club Nintendo according to the schedule given below. Thank you for all your support.

As Stars in your account will expire on September 30th 2015
, please make sure you use them before this date. There are plenty of unique and exclusive items already available in the Stars Catalogue, and we’ll keep adding more over the coming months, so there’s plenty to spend your Stars on before September 30th 2015.

Please stay tuned for more information about the new membership programme, including its launch date.

Club Nintendo Discontinuation Schedule

April 1st 2015:
From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.

April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.

September 30th 2015: End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.
New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL

These new handheld systems, which will be released on February 13th 2015, are not registerable in Club Nintendo. However, hardware bundles will still include a product registration card for the included software until April 1st 2015, so software bundled with hardware can still be registered until September 30th 2015.

Stars

Please exchange any Stars in your account for items from the Stars Catalogue before September 30th 2015.
Any Stars not used by this date will be lost, so be sure to use them as soon as possible. There are plenty of unique and exclusive items already available in the Stars Catalogue, and we’ll keep adding more over the coming months, so there’s plenty to spend your Stars on before September 30th 2015.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I figure the new rewards program will be similar but better-integrated with NNIDs.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Site maintenance happening for Club Nintendo NA. They maybe preparing their announcement too, and here I was going to use my coins to get another 3DS game case. :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Aw I was looking forward to Platinum whatever this year

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Confirmed dead in NA, too:

quote:

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- After more than six years of delivering fun Nintendo-themed rewards to its members, Club Nintendo is preparing to shut down. Nintendo’s loyalty-rewards program rewarded members with a variety of items, such as downloadable games, Nintendo posters or character figures in exchange for Coins that members earned by registering products or completing surveys. Club Nintendo members in the United States and Canada can earn additional Coins through the end of March, and can redeem those Coins through the end of June. Nintendo of America will be announcing a new customer loyalty program at a later date.

“We thank all Club Nintendo members for their dedication to Nintendo games and their ongoing love for our systems and characters,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “We want to make this time of transition as easy as possible for our loyal Club Nintendo members, so [b]we are going to add dozens of new rewards and downloadable games to help members clear out their Coin balances.”

Nintendo will add a number of physical reward options for members in February. Members will also be able to choose from a lineup of many downloadable games. As a gift to Club Nintendo members, the Flipnote Studio 3D software will be available to download for free in February. This software will allow users to create unique three-dimensional animations and to exchange their creations via local wireless with others who also own Flipnote Studio 3D. Users who uploaded creations to Flipnote Hatena will be able to download their personal animations from the Nintendo DSi Library menu in Flipnote Studio 3D software. Flipnote Studio 3D will be available to Club Nintendo members until June 30. The ability to create a new Club Nintendo account will end on March 31. All users who register to Club Nintendo before registration closes will be eligible to receive Flipnote Studio 3D.

For more information about Club Nintendo, visit https://club.nintendo.com. For more information on Flipnote Studio 3D, visit http://flipnotestudio3d.nintendo.com/.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Here's hoping Scandinavia gets to join this new system. It has absolutely sucked getting all these codes and promos and stuff and not being able to use them for anything :negative:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Well, I need 50 more coins to qualify for Platinum.

What should I get out of the following: Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well, I need 50 more coins to qualify for Platinum.

What should I get out of the following: Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze?

All of the above

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

On the other hand there are actually good VC games to spend coins on now!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The misses bought Captain Toad because she thought she could play the puzzles by herself on her downtime as a nice distraction. The Toad levels in Mario 3D world were fun enough at least. Captain Toad is an adorable game. I hope it does well enough for Nintendo.

Crap, I have a ton of stars I haven't redeemed yet because there wasn't anything interesting. I should probably get to registering them and maybe get something ok before they disappear.
The star catalogue here is anemic, but maybe I can get some wii points and buy some VC games so I can bring them over to the WIIU for a buck a piece. Or maybe the Mario Galaxy soundtrack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Was lookin' for a quick hit for 50 more coins to get into Plat for this year. Captain Toad is still worth 60 coins for 40 bucks. Just an FYI looking to squeeze in a bit more for not a lot of money.

• Locked thread