Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

JT Jag posted:

Killinger, Mr. Mrs. The Monarch, Phantom Limb, the three members of the Council that are still alive. That's six of 13 that's almost guaranteed spots. Then you start having to speculate.

Dr. Phage survived too, so I'd imagine him. Also, didn't Unterbeit come through with Phantom Limb? Maybe him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Dr Zin, Red Mantle and Dragoon turned states evidence though, so they might not be getting an invitation.

Didn't see Fat Choice or Baron after the space station blew up. Did they eat it?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I remember from commentaries that they never really liked the good old Baron because he was literally one joke. So it wouldn't surprise me if he died.

Electron Sponge
Dec 18, 2006

Mister Wonderful
Something I noticed in the epilogue - at the end when they showed the traditional opening credits, and they flashed the faces of the main characters, it was Hank, Dean, Doc, and Brock. Think maybe Uncle Vatred may be getting the boot after burning the compound down? A rich Doc Venture, with a lot of dangerous toys at his disposal, wouldn't be a job for OSI's D-team.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Electron Sponge posted:

Something I noticed in the epilogue - at the end when they showed the traditional opening credits, and they flashed the faces of the main characters, it was Hank, Dean, Doc, and Brock. Think maybe Uncle Vatred may be getting the boot after burning the compound down? A rich Doc Venture, with a lot of dangerous toys at his disposal, wouldn't be a job for OSI's D-team.

They still showed a clip of Hatred in his Venture outfit, do he's probably still around. Also, amongst the clips they showed Saint Cloud so it's good to know he'll be back as well.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
That special had more moving parts than I ever thought workable, and it wrapped up unbelievably cleanly. Tightest plotting and writing on tv right now.

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 20, 2015

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Alright... way too much to talk about here. This was right up there with Operation: P.R.O.M. in terms of scope, and it went way beyond it as far as moving the overall Ventureverse forward goes.

Did anyone else catch the Warehouse 13 reference?

The bottle of whiskey Don Hell is drinking from is a greeked version of Jack Daniel's, of course. But, it is greeked into Jim Dandy's, which was the same "brand" used in an episode of Warehouse 13.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cool, ordered stuff. Where did you get the link?

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

null posted:

Cool, ordered stuff. Where did you get the link?

Googled t shirt club venture bros

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Wait a minute, where did Hatred's breasts go?

Electron Sponge
Dec 18, 2006

Mister Wonderful

axleblaze posted:

They still showed a clip of Hatred in his Venture outfit, do he's probably still around. Also, amongst the clips they showed Saint Cloud so it's good to know he'll be back as well.

Good catch. Looks like there will be some collaboration:

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Good interview with Jackson and Doc here, they talk about season 6 a bit: http://www.newsarama.com/23245-venture-bros-creators-on-new-special-we-arent-jumping-the-shark-we-are-riding-it.html

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Of course now Venture has a fancy V logo he's throwing onto everyone. I bet he has it on his new speedsuit too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
My favorite part is Doc Hammer still wants to be Dr. Strange

And wow they got Clancy Brown to voice someone for season 6 :woop:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 20, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Whenever I read an interview with Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick I always voice them in my head as Billy Quizboy and Pete White respectively even though I know Publick doesn't do White's voice.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

quote:

Nrama: Will there be the club shirts again this year?

Publick: For this special, yeah.

Hammer: There are not a lot of Venture products out there in the world, so it’s fun for us to make this junky stuff ourselves. We are our idiotically proud of our shirt club.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Wait a minute. Vendata is still alive too, right?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

LostRook posted:

Wait a minute. Vendata is still alive too, right?

Considering the last time we saw him, he was laid out in the bathroom by Brock. They did say he was MIA (not KIA) so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just wandering around.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shindragon posted:

Considering the last time we saw him, he was laid out in the bathroom by Brock. They did say he was MIA (not KIA) so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just wandering around.
He's probably the Monarch's dad so they probably want to resolve that subplot in a more concrete manner.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I just think it'd be funny if The Monarch ended up working under his wife and his dad. That said, his desire to be on the council seemed a little out of place. Has he expressed that desire previously? I thought he was perfectly happy tormenting Rusty.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

RIP Henchman Zero.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

LostRook posted:

I just think it'd be funny if The Monarch ended up working under his wife and his dad. That said, his desire to be on the council seemed a little out of place. Has he expressed that desire previously? I thought he was perfectly happy tormenting Rusty.

I don't know that it's an ambition or whatever, but being suddenly (if only momentarily) elevated to the top of your field would be fairly exciting.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I can't believe how much random poo poo was in there. A reference to Scanners psychic battles? The alert screens from Wrath of Khan?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

JT Jag posted:

Killinger, Mr. Mrs. The Monarch, Phantom Limb, the three members of the Council that are still alive. That's six of 13 that's almost guaranteed spots. Then you start having to speculate.

If Fat Chance gets on the Council, Monarch is going to throw a fit.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I thought he was Fat CHOICE, now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I like that there is a none-zero chance we'll see the Sovereign and General Triester again.

I didn't catch it on first viewing, but the entire light sabre battle was in their heads.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 20, 2015

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I like that there is a none-zero chance we'll see the Sovereign and General Triester again.

I didn't catch it on first viewing, but the entire light sabre battle was in their heads.

Sovereign's a dead duck.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I had no idea this was showing until tonight, what a great surprise. Reminded me exactly why I love this show so much. :allears:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

Wow, the epilogue actually had season 6 clips so maybe it won't be all that long until the next season. Right? Right???? :suicide:

I mean I think it was last season where we had a solid 8 months between the sizzle reel and the first episode, which, granted is pretty quick in Venture-time.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That last scene with Rusty and Jonas was down right brilliant. I can't be the only one that had something in my eyes during that scene.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That was amazing, I'm glad I stayed up to catch it. I wonder if Richard will try to make things right with Sally.

I wasn't able to get the epilogue to load on the adultswim site but it's also on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDRIMO7AL8U

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Here's the Wrath of Khan alert screen, at the very end of this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWnTY7OVU8w

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I have this to say: SQQQQUUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In more detail, that was freaking amazing, at first I was kinda pissed off that they killed most of the Council of 13 right after introducing most of them last season, but seeing where they went with it was worth it, also RIP JJ, Treister, Zero, and that Council member who looked like a Kamen Rider

Also looks like Season 6's big plots will probably be Doc having a chance at success(whether or not he screws up is another thing entirely), the Guild will probably be trying to fix things up with the OSI, and EVERYONE will probably be hunting after The Sovereign(since with the Investors dead, he's probably the most dangerous being alive in the eyes of both the Guild, and OSI)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I totally forgot about this special. Luckily though I happened to catch the repeat just as it was beginning. I love me some Venture Brothers.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

drrockso20 posted:

I have this to say: SQQQQUUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In more detail, that was freaking amazing, at first I was kinda pissed off that they killed most of the Council of 13 right after introducing most of them last season, but seeing where they went with it was worth it, also RIP JJ, Treister, Zero, and that Council member who looked like a Kamen Rider

Also looks like Season 6's big plots will probably be Doc having a chance at success(whether or not he screws up is another thing entirely), the Guild will probably be trying to fix things up with the OSI, and EVERYONE will probably be hunting after The Sovereign(since with the Investors dead, he's probably the most dangerous being alive in the eyes of both the Guild, and OSI)

Kamen Rider Councilmember was great.

Also the Soverign's dead, the OSI/Sphinx (SPHINX!) sniper shot him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That was a million times better than I thought it'd be and that's not an insult. That hour was absolutely packed, you got almost no down time.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

RIP Scott Hall, one of my favorite characters in the series.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

WarpedLichen posted:

RIP Scott Hall, one of my favorite characters in the series.

His name is Zero! He henches for no one.

Wearsyourgodnow
Jul 21, 2009

Awesome special, can't wait to see what's next.

I was grinning like an idiot when I recognized the song in the epilogue. Haven't heard Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIbcqgXh5-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Neat touch that makes sense now that we know they're related: the Investors black suits with red pinstripes and Killinger's black mask with red pinstripe designs.