Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

:tinfoil: Clearly the new rewards program will launch alongside unified account systems for absolute integration between all Nintendo devices. Also crossbuy. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MykonosFan posted:

:tinfoil: Clearly the new rewards program will launch alongside unified account systems for absolute integration between all Nintendo devices. Also crossbuy. :tinfoil:

They actually mentioned they are working on crossbuy though.

So at least for US Club Nintendo they put up the new games today, and they're not changing them at all until the program closes so last chance to use up coins on VC Stuff

Wii U:
Super Mario Bros 2
Excitebike

Wii (Playable on Wii U):
Super Metroid
Super Punchout

3DS:
Gameboy:
Super Mario Land
Donkey Kong

GB Color:
Wario Land 2

And also Legend of Zelda but dunno if this is the original NES version or what

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So at least for US Club Nintendo they put up the new games today, and they're not changing them at all until the program closes so last chance to use up coins on VC Stuff

Wii U:
Super Mario Bros 2
Excitebike

Wii (Playable on Wii U):
Super Metroid
Super Punchout

3DS:
Gameboy:
Super Mario Land
Donkey Kong

GB Color:
Wario Land 2

And also Legend of Zelda but dunno if this is the original NES version or what

It's the original NES version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
For those looking for extra coins, I think the free VOD apps and other free downloads like Wii Sports Club and Steel Diver Sub Wars give you coins/surveys, right?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Was this posted?

Mario has become self aware https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5neTV3f0VCo

Kaizonet has started its war against mankind

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Seeing a big 'new rewards coming in february' banner on the club nintendo site too, so if you don't want or already have all the VC stuff and current physical stuff it's probably worth holding out a little to see what else they add.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Hey for any North America goons who are hungry for some club Nintendo coins, then here's a Hyrule Warriors code that I'm not going to use. 696c8xsf63nj2k

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Davinci posted:

Hey for any North America goons who are hungry for some club Nintendo coins, then here's a Hyrule Warriors code that I'm not going to use. 696c8xsf63nj2k

Took this, thanks.

Also: RIP any chance of a Club Nintendo exclusive Amiibo being the plat reward, seems like they're just going to do downloable games again.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's the original NES version.

Good to know. Can we use the Gamepad to play Super Metroid in Wii Mode? That's the most obvious recommendation if you have 250 coins to spare and don't have it. I actually had Super Metroid on the Wii and never did that Wii > Wii U transfer, seemed like a hassle just for some VC games.

FYI the platinum stuff this time has a cutoff of March, they are giving out the free games starting April 1. I am hoping against logic that since it's the last time they'll actually offer some full retail titles instead of just VC.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Was this posted?

If I jump on Goomba then it certainly dies.

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007
I'm tempted to get super metroid with my club nintendo coins, but it's for wii :( is it still possible to upgrade your VC games for 1$?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Visitor K posted:

I'm tempted to get super metroid with my club nintendo coins, but it's for wii :( is it still possible to upgrade your VC games for 1$?

$1.50 for SNES titles, but yes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well hopefully this will be a good change. CN has always been a fun little bonus that occasionally had some really good promotions but it had plenty of issues. If they can make a new, more modern and better integrated system it'll be pretty great.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well luckily for me, I just registered all my poo poo and got Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Super Mario Kart for free, looks like I'm gonna get Super Metroid and Super Punch-Out, too. Then next month I'm gonna get Captain Toad...

Oddly though, I don't seem to have gotten points for my 3DS yet. I put in the number on the sticker under the barcode, right? I have my Club Nintendo linked to my NNID and my NNID is on both my Wii U and 3DS so it's odd it hasn't seen it yet.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They said in the press release that they would be adding more stuff for people to clear out their coins with, and the main Club Nintendo site says "More rewards will be added in February." If the whole thing isn't shutting down until June 30 then there's no reason to go all crazy on things you probably already have since I've seen this set of rewards like 2-3 times in the past year.

Guess I do have to go through and register all the games I've been holding out on though, got a few hundred coins' worth there for sure.

Since it says Super Metroid and Super Punch-Out are for the Wii and not Wii U, does that mean I have to go into vWii mode to play them?
e: unless I pay $1.50 for them huh... balls.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 20, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

raditts posted:

They said in the press release that they would be adding more stuff for people to clear out their coins with, and the main Club Nintendo site says "More rewards will be added in February." If the whole thing isn't shutting down until June 30 then there's no reason to go all crazy on things you probably already have since I've seen this set of rewards like 2-3 times in the past year.

Guess I do have to go through and register all the games I've been holding out on though, got a few hundred coins' worth there for sure.

Since it says Super Metroid and Super Punch-Out are for the Wii and not Wii U, does that mean I have to go into vWii mode to play them?

Yes, but you can upgrade Super Metroid for $1.50 to the Wii U version once you get the Wii version on your account.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kurtofan posted:

Was this posted?

if i LAUNCH THE NUCLEAR WEAPONS then mankind CERTAINLY DIES

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I feel very good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mario;
Above;
Goomba;
Certainly;
Object_Destruction

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
...drat. I just realized I never received my NES Remix shirt. Guess I'll have to have a chat with customer service.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ImpAtom posted:

Mario;
Above;
Goomba;
Certainly;
Object_Destruction

OK so we make a self aware AI and the first thing we do is teach him how to kill things. OK. Sounds like a good idea.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

unimportantguy posted:

...drat. I just realized I never received my NES Remix shirt. Guess I'll have to have a chat with customer service.

I just got a notification mind shipped last Friday, so I think they're starting to go out now.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

greatn posted:

I just got a notification mind shipped last Friday, so I think they're starting to go out now.

And sure enough, I have an e-mail now. Guess I spoke too soon. :downswords:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I will admit, I hoarded Club Nintendo coins like an idiot. I had two accounts going, and I would collect the registration codes form people who didn't care about the program, and got a ton of the stuff over the years.

The Blockbuster in my town went out of business, and I asked them if I could just take the Club Nintendo codes and they gave no fucks about it...

I think I have like 2200 coins saved right now

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Astro7x posted:

I will admit, I hoarded Club Nintendo coins like an idiot. I had two accounts going, and I would collect the registration codes form people who didn't care about the program, and got a ton of the stuff over the years.

The Blockbuster in my town went out of business, and I asked them if I could just take the Club Nintendo codes and they gave no fucks about it...

Share the wealth, pal.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Astro7x posted:

You steal codes from peoples houses you visit don't you?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RadicalR posted:

Share the wealth, pal.

All that stuff's been redeemed in my account.

Legdiian posted:

You steal codes from peoples houses you visit don't you?

I'll ask people. My boss bought MK8 for his kids, but didn't care about the free game promotion because he didn't want to be bothered to make a Club Nintendo account. So hey, free game for me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Why did you do this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Send me a Wario Land 2 code, please, person with 20000 coins.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I had a ton of coins but I blew almost all of them recently because I was getting tired of hoarding them-- they never really put up anything worth saving up for.

Lately after figuring "eh the smash posters are good enough" among other VC game downloads I'm back down to about 300 coins. I'm going to be kicking myself if they put up a ton of amazing stuff these next couple months. :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Me to I want wario land

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kaubocks posted:

I had a ton of coins but I blew almost all of them recently because I was getting tired of hoarding them-- they never really put up anything worth saving up for.

Lately after figuring "eh the smash posters are good enough" among other VC game downloads I'm back down to about 300 coins. I'm going to be kicking myself if they put up a ton of amazing stuff these next couple months. :argh:

That's the thing, it's a huge crapshoot... While part of me doubts that they'll release something good, I have always been waiting for the next cool thing like the Game and Watch game or something

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Astro7x posted:

I'll ask people. My boss bought MK8 for his kids, but didn't care about the free game promotion because he didn't want to be bothered to make a Club Nintendo account. So hey, free game for me.

*Nervously approaches boss* "S-sir..."
"Yes, yes, what it is Astro7x?"
"It's taken me a while to work up to asking this, but I've been putting in a lot of extra hours, finding ways to save the company money, and...I...wanted to ask...uhh.."
"Yes yes out with it!"
"Can...I have your club nintendo code please"

(I made this post but secretly I'm jealous)

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I hope they have some good stuff up for reward because I probably have thirty or so codes I can dig up and register. Guess I'll have to get cooking on that soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Club Nintendo is getting hammered after the news. Can't sign in. :sweatdrop:

elf help book posted:

Send me a Wario Land 2 code, please, person with 20000 coins.

I'm buying some new 3DS games soon probably, so if i'm able to i'll get you a Wario Land 2 code. No promises tho.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I said come in! posted:

I'm buying some new 3DS games soon probably, so if i'm able to i'll get you a Wario Land 2 code. No promises tho.

If I may quote the Wario wikia:

"Bhwahahahaha!" This is Wario's laugh.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

elf help book posted:

If I may quote the Wario wikia:

"Bhwahahahaha!" This is Wario's laugh.

I only have a 3DS, so options for games (on Club Nintendo) I really want is pretty limited. Wii U gets all of the good stuff.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 20, 2015

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

My Club Nintendo account is freaking out and not acknowledging I have any coins at all. I have a poo poo ton of unregistered products so I was going to rack up the coins that way, but apparently my account doesn't like that idea.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hopeandjoy posted:

My Club Nintendo account is freaking out and not acknowledging I have any coins at all. I have a poo poo ton of unregistered products so I was going to rack up the coins that way, but apparently my account doesn't like that idea.

There's just a sudden rush of people flooding Club Nintendo to redeem any points. The news of the shut down has people freaking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah, website pretty much always does stuff like this when there's a big influx of people using it all at once. Mine just went back to Platinum.

• Locked thread