Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in uk only iirc, but idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

kalstrams posted:

in uk only iirc, but idk

worldwide :smith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my goondolences, nintendo console dept is only console company i respect consistenly

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fabricated posted:

also i guess club nintendo is being shut down

oh super metroid is one of this month's reward games

if for some reason you didn't buy it when it was 30¢

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I did but i didnt get very far because there was a part where i needed to crawl but couldnt

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pinterest Mom posted:

i beat metroid prime last night

it was a good game but i hate the boss fights where they just pad poo poo out so that it takes longer and the relic hunting was kinda dumb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
for only $400 you can now own a radio controlled borderlands robot that streams live video to your phone and shouts catchphrases

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hubris.height posted:

i beat metroid prime last night

it was a good game but i hate the boss fights where they just pad poo poo out so that it takes longer and the relic hunting was kinda dumb

relic hunting is ok, its definitely better than key hunting in prime 2. idk which bosses youre complaining about though except maybe the big ice dude

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't remember the boss fights being overly long, and metroid prime is a perfect game, so maybe the problem is you, hubris?

i just beat a necrodancer hardcore run, so that's my Gaming Accomplishment for 2015 i guess

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

pretty excited for that $10 metroid prime bundle at the end of the month

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hang on, does "best game remake of all time" come out today on the wii u?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

univbee posted:

spelunky hd is hitting wii u??????

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

univbee posted:

thursday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndaP9iieaok

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

pretty excited for that $10 metroid prime bundle at the end of the month

yeah, its been forever since i played and i hope it feels fresh, plus i never played prime 2 so that'll be fun. is there motion controls added to all?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

spelunky hd is hitting wii u??????

poo poo, didn't think of that game

i was referring to the wii version of punch-out!!

pinterest mom knows what i'm talking about, danke

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

is this as good as the SNES version?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

better

Vintersorg posted:

yeah, its been forever since i played and i hope it feels fresh, plus i never played prime 2 so that'll be fun. is there motion controls added to all?

yeah, all three games are controlled with the wiimote pointer control scheme

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

region locking just got pulled from the steamworks dark souls beta

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

is this as good as the SNES version?

it's an incredible game especially since you can actually punch with the wiimote+nunchuk, dodge/duck with the balance board, and the fighters are all incredibly well-done with personalities and speak their native languages. still just one fight theme but it's redone to fit the theme of each fighter (russian punch-out theme :getin:)

and then when you have to "rematch" everyone they all pull out crazy poo poo to kick your rear end (glass joe has a headguard making him immune to head punches, disco kid takes boxercise lessons and goes richard simmons on your rear end)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

univbee posted:

it's an incredible game especially since you can actually punch with the wiimote+nunchuk, dodge/duck with the balance board

wow this sounds awful

(the correct way to play is with a sideways wiimote)

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

xwing vs tie fighter is out on GOG today

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

wow this sounds awful

(the correct way to play is with a sideways wiimote)

well yeah, you will start getting absolutely destroyed in the late game, but it's a good workout :v:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
lol the new REmake has breast physics https://vine.co/v/OIutrbbZ25W

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

im not positive the japanese have ever even seen breasts before

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yodzilla posted:

looks natural to me!

so i guess ill be buying the punchout game, sounds like you can use regular controls (ie. no motion poo poo) so thats always good

i loving destroyed the SNES version, loved it, getting ultra fast times on the last 2 baldos was always fun, along with loving up dragon chan

i remember destroying don flamenco as a kid on the NES in like 11 seconds or something stupid, like really fast and ive never been able to repeat it

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Vintersorg posted:

looks natural to me!

so i guess ill be buying the punchout game, sounds like you can use regular controls (ie. no motion poo poo) so thats always good

i loving destroyed the SNES version, loved it, getting ultra fast times on the last 2 baldos was always fun, along with loving up dragon chan

i remember destroying don flamenco as a kid on the NES in like 11 seconds or something stupid, like really fast and ive never been able to repeat it

just wear a blindfold and play by sound like a true punch out master

Yodzilla posted:

lol. they apparently have an alternative control scheme now which means i may actually play this game again. i think the last time i tried was the ds remake which i couldnt really see anything in even though there was first person knife segments

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wasn't club nintendo originally a "sorry you early adopted the 3ds" consolation prize anyway?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

wasn't club nintendo originally a "sorry you early adopted the 3ds" consolation prize anyway?

club nintendo has been around since the days of gba/gamecube

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no, club nintendo has been a thing since 2002

"sorry you bought a 3ds if you registered one on club nintendo you can have these 10 gba games" was a thing though

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that was the "ambassador program"

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
men of war is kinda bad, had to force myself to finish the campaigns. finicky controls and lovely unit AI getting stuck on random objects.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

man i must have sucked at games as a kid because it feels like i am just flying through wind waker hd

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

looks natural to me!

yeah you can play it with the sideways remote, nes controller style

i hope they make a wii u punch-out game with the remaining unaccounted-for cast from super punch-out but iirc the wii punch-out sold really badly :(

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
playing peace walker, lol its like lf: the game

complete with che worship and people being unable to shut the gently caress up about japan

also 'NUKES NUKES NUKES' :byodood: lol somebody's bitter about loosing wwii

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
specifically the last part of the meta ridley fight is loving bad

it is literally padded out and you just dodge around the same 3 attacks for 5ish minutes tapping the a button. if they had increased his damage and taken his health down it would be a much better finale

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

hubris.height posted:

it is literally padded out and you just dodge around the same 3 attacks for 5ish minutes tapping the a button. if they had increased his damage and taken his health down it would be a much better finale

i seem to remember cheesing that fight real hard with one of the optional beam combos

it's been a long time though so maybe not

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonad posted:

complete with che worship and people being unable to shut the gently caress up about japan

is this your first mgs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hubris.height posted:

the flamethrower wrecks him iirc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jonad posted:

wii = vvii = wwii :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Notorious QIG posted:

the flamethrower wrecks him iirc

oh yeah, right

the wavebuster turns that one sub boss that you can't target into point and click, beam combos were the best

• Locked thread