Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

bombhand posted:

Is there a restaurant called Debbie Döner, because there should be

lol a forums poster after my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

According to this picky eater, glutamates cause autism, but not natural ones, just synthetic ones.

A reversible autism that disappears when you stop eating manufactured glutamates.

But big msg lobbies don't want you to know or something.

I don't even know where to look for a "can't" so I can't even.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

"Fake tomato juice made my kids part-time weirdos! Hear this mom's story of salty food and sassy tots."

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

GrAviTy84 posted:

According to this picky eater, glutamates cause autism, but not natural ones, just synthetic ones.

A reversible autism that disappears when you stop eating manufactured glutamates.

But big msg lobbies don't want you to know or something.

I don't even know where to look for a "can't" so I can't even.

Well it's clearly the right-handed glutamates (because of synthetic production) causing problems, because it causes the brain to work more on the right side than the left side.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Eeyo posted:

Well it's clearly the right-handed glutamates (because of synthetic production) causing problems, because it causes the brain to work more on the right side than the left side.

No, you've got that the wrong way round. Left-handed glutamates cause the brain to work more on the right side. The best way to counter it is by wearing this amazing bracelet that resonates at the body's natural frequency. It's got copper.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I just detoxify my synthetic glutamates with coloidal silver. It's the trick big pharma is trying to supress.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm not one of those hyper-vigilant people who avoid all gluten/dairy/glutamates and whatnot, but I do go out of my way to make sure that all the glutamates I consume are GMO-free and vegan.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Honestly I just want my glutamates to be mono-sodium, I'm watching my salt intake. No Multi-Sodium products for me, thanks.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Natural glutimates are contaminated by modern polutants and radiation, use only the finest manufactured and purified products.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
I eat a lot of glutimates on leg day to get that extra workout in my glutes, brah.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
You guys are skating a fine line here. *All* salts can be dangerous if you don't know the source.

I only season my food with salts distilled from my own urine. They cook up good with great flavor, and I can rest easy knowing that they're homopathic.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

lol if you don't get all your salt intake from using Himalayan pink salt plates.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Homeopathic vs homopathic..

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

lol if you don't get all your salt intake from using Himalayan pink salt plates.

I won't use Himalayan salts because its sexist. I use Hymenlayan salts.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Phummus posted:

I won't use Himalayan salts because its sexist. I use Hymenlayan salts.
:colbert:

I think you mean Hymynlayan

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Lol if you don't undertake a pilgrimage to Mount Sodom and use an artisanal pick, crafted by from stone taken from the walls of Jerusalem, to gently harvest the salt from the fine rear end of Lot's Wife.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Hauki posted:

:colbert:

I think you mean Hymynlayan

Nemalayan, Vemalayan, Emelayan, Hirmalayan, Zirmalayan, or Xemalayan. Check your gender privilege.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I love you all, you're all collectively my favorite :allears:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Gorman Thomas posted:

Lol if you don't undertake a pilgrimage to Mount Sodom and use an artisanal pick, crafted by from stone taken from the walls of Jerusalem, to gently harvest the salt from the fine rear end of Lot's Wife.

mods pls change GWS's name to this

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

That's too long. It'll have to get shortened to Artisanal Sodom Salt.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

bombhand posted:

That's too long. It'll have to get shortened to Artisanal Sodom rear end Salt.

There we go, more accurate.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

I thought that folks here would be a little quicker on the uptake, but for your benefit, allow me to clarify: Artisanal Sodom Salt.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Artisanal Salts: Sodomizing Fine Asses

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Something something "with rock hard Jewish pricks"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I can't take any Gomorrah this

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

CzarChasm posted:

That's saying a Lot

:haw:

Edit: I guess at this point there's no looking back. :haw: :haw:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I would consider gassing the thread and its hundreds of shitposts, but would the mods delete twenty good posts for a lack of five?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

Please, you Cain in here of your own free will. Don't act the martyr, you're Abel to leave whenever you like.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

CommonShore posted:

I would consider gassing the thread and its hundreds of shitposts, but would the mods delete twenty good posts for a lack of five?

:golfclap:

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

CommonShore posted:

:thurman:

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Hauki posted:

Please, you Cain in here of your own free will. Don't act the martyr, you're Abel to leave whenever you like.

You're such a Ham, if you Noah what I'm talking about.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I hate to derail a pun train that I contributed to, but this came up in my facebook feed yesterday and thought it odd
http://www.nerdist.com/2015/01/the-future-of-dessert-is-here-and-its-a-water-cake/

I mean, this is just crystal clear jello, right? The video appears to show just two powders (one which I'm pretty sure is some form of gelatin) mixed with water, boiled and then molded.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Agar-agar/kanten, so like gelatin, yeah. Someone posted the recipe from the video in the article's comments. I kinda want to make it. :ohdear:

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

From the descriptions I can find, it seems to be sugar and agar.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Totally Reasonable posted:

From the descriptions I can find, it seems to be sugar and agar.

Sounds flavourful.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Kanten jelly is something mainly eaten for texture. Flavor is added with syrups and other toppings (like the toasted soybean flour, red bean stuff, etc.).

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
You could totally add flavor though, right? Like with almond or peppermint extract? It's so pretty...

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
You could! I do not know if an oil or alcohol base would mess it up. I advise sticking with basics if you don't want to risk a ruined first batch: infused simple syrup! However, agar powder is cheap as poo poo (and usually you can find it at your local southeast Asian market, since it's pretty popular for desserts) so if you feel bold, start drippin' them oils and liquors. A rum drop agar jelly would be so neat. :3: I keep meaning to do a rose water agar...

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

I am on my phone, but look up how to make a fluid gel. about 1% by weight to a liquid, heat it up a bit, then hit it with an immersion blender as it sets, and you have a really awesome sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
THC