Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
spirit bonds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Decided to write up a big dumb Gruul Aggro list for Fate Reforged if anyone's interested; the main idea was to make use of what I consider to be the best creature in Fate Reforged (Shaman of the Great Hunt) and find as many awesome 4-power (or cards that get better if you have 4 power on baord) creatures in Gruul colors, and I really like how it turned out. Yasova can do some cool things in combat, Fanatic of Xenagos finally has a home, and every once in awhile you pump out a turn 4 See the Unwritten and drop two Stormbreath Dragons into play. :smaug:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trip report:

Nykthos saved my rear end here (although I was loving with him a little)

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 16, 2015

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

I've been playing simic devotion for awhile now with prophet doing work. This is a midrange deck with a bit more of a control element that I'm thinking about for Fate:

Deck: Simic Midrange

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:19
4 Elvish Mystic
4 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Courser of Kruphix
3 Polukranos, World Eater
2 Arbor Colossus
2 Prophet of Kruphix

Spells:18
3 Negate
4 Reality Shift
2 Dissolve
1 Jace, the Living Guildpact
2 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
2 Shamanic Revelation
2 Dig Through Time
2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:23
7 Forest
2 Island
4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
4 Temple of Mystery
2 Thornwood Falls
4 Yavimaya Coast

Sideboard:15
1 Back to Nature
3 Disdainful Stroke
2 Unravel the AEther
3 Hornet Nest
3 AEtherspouts
2 Nissa, Worldwaker
1 Hornet Queen

The basic premise is to ramp into Ugin, use his abilities to keep the board clear while swinging in. The CMC on most of my big stuff should be high enough to avoid most -X while still hitting things on the board, and the blue elements will help keep my creatures and walkers safe, and give me some spot removal without the need to splash black or white.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

bhsman posted:

Decided to write up a big dumb Gruul Aggro list for Fate Reforged if anyone's interested; the main idea was to make use of what I consider to be the best creature in Fate Reforged (Shaman of the Great Hunt) and find as many awesome 4-power (or cards that get better if you have 4 power on baord) creatures in Gruul colors, and I really like how it turned out. Yasova can do some cool things in combat, Fanatic of Xenagos finally has a home, and every once in awhile you pump out a turn 4 See the Unwritten and drop two Stormbreath Dragons into play. :smaug:

Have you thought about the Ashcloud Phoenix? I was going to to make a Temur list using most of this stuff as well. Add in some Knux and Temur Char, Maybe Boon Saytr, and it could work.

Soothing Cacophony
Sep 29, 2009
OK so after the prerelease the one card I didn't notice was the new fog so of course now I have to be the rear end in a top hat who wants to play Turbofog.

Deck: 4c Fog

//Lands
1 Evolving Wilds
3 Flooded Strand
2 Forest
2 Island
1 Mana Confluence
2 Plains
3 Sandsteppe Citadel
2 Temple of Enlightenment
2 Temple of Mystery
2 Temple of Plenty
4 Tranquil Cove
2 Windswept Heath

//Spells
3 Blinding Spray
4 Defend the Hearth
4 Dig Through Time
4 End Hostilities
4 Hold at Bay
3 Perilous Vault
1 Pull from the Deep
4 Reality Shift
2 Whelming Wave
4 Winds of Qal Sisma

//Creatures
1 Silumgar, the Drifting Death

//Sideboard
3 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
4 Negate
1 Jace, the Living Guildpact
3 Disdainful Stroke
2 Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
1 Resolute Archangel
1 Stain the Mind

Display deck statistics

I actually think it might be...playable? It scoops G1 to U/x Control (or Ashiok, for that matter) but eh, the price you pay. Sideboard is transformational into some kind of a Bant Walkers thing against the creatureless matchups, where hopefully they'll have sided out all the removal and can get lucky to win G3. Ugin might fit into the sideboard too, I'm not sure.

EDIT: vv yeah basically burn is a wash too anyway. At least without some sort of consistent lifegain engine. Bow of Nylea maybe...

Soothing Cacophony fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 19, 2015

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They introduced a new shock variant that hoses fog on Ferocious (Wild Slash) so watch out for that.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So this budget Modern list popped up on my Deckbox updates feed (courtesy of Boco_T, who I think found it elsewhere)-

Deck: Modern Budget MonoB

//Lands
21 Swamp

//Spells
4 Disfigure
4 Duress
4 Funeral Charm
3 Haunting Echoes
4 Mire's Toll
4 Murder
4 Sign in Blood
4 Victim of Night

//Creatures
4 Desecration Demon
4 Vampire Nighthawk

//Sideboard
3 Cremate
3 Despise
3 Geth's Verdict
3 Mutilate
3 Vampire Hexmage

Display deck statistics

Any advice on how you'd improve on this sort of disruption-heavy midrange? Obviously one could trick it out with straight upgrades like Thoughtseize and Hero's Downfall, but what else? Does it have a leg to stand on at the LGS level?

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I saw a really similar list a while ago running Infect Creatures, like Phyrexian Crusader and Vatmother.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
That deck was from the Modern Extreme Budget thread on Salvation and it seems pretty sweet. The person posting it put it together for like $5 on MTGO and said it was running a pretty high win rate in the Just For Fun room.

Maybe it might want Phyrexian Arena in addition to Sign in Blood?

Haunting Echoes is a sweet card.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
retraction helix + mana creature + jeskai ascendancy + 1-drop aura = lol

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL
This is my pet deck, I've been playing Ensaring Bridge with Null Brooch for years, and this is the latest (and I think best) iteration of it. The idea is to have a Bridge and Brooch in play as soon as possible, keep your hand low or empty, and then kill them with Cursed Scroll, Syphone Life recursion, or Sorin.

The main question I have is the choice of the tutor, I'd like it to remain Legacy legal, but I can't tell if Beseech the Queen is better or worse than Diabolic Tutor. I also wonder if the Death Wish toolbox sideboard is a good idea, or if I could just have 15 unique cards on the side and add some more tutors to the main deck, swapping out certain cards I know would be less useful per game. I haven't tested it against anything, but wasn't really planning on taking it to any Legacy tourneys unless it really whomps my casual friends.

My maybeboard:

Baneful Omen
Bosium Strip
Bottomless Pit
Crucible of Worlds
Gustha's Scepter
Insidious Dreams
Oblivion Stone
Painful Quandary
Sadistic Sacrament
Sanguine Bond
Temporal Extortion
Underworld Dreams

Deck: Casual MB Bridge Brooch

//Lands
2 Bojuka Bog
22 Swamp

//Spells
4 Beseech the Queen
1 Cursed Scroll
1 Damnation
4 Dark Ritual
2 Death Wish
4 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Hero's Downfall
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Innocent Blood
3 Null Brooch
1 Raven's Crime
1 Sorin Markov
1 Syphon Life
4 Thoughtseize
1 Voltaic Key

//Sideboard
1 Haunting Echoes
1 Cursed Totem
1 Night of Souls' Betrayal
1 Null Brooch
1 Sickening Dreams
1 Extirpate
1 Torpor Orb
1 Leyline of the Void
1 Mind Shatter
1 Pithing Needle
1 All Is Dust
1 Sorin's Vengeance
1 Cranial Extraction
1 Scepter of Fugue
1 Voltaic Key

Display deck statistics

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I want to make a jank rear end Modern deck based around Proliferate (Contagion Clasp, maybe a singleton or two of Inexorable Tide, Tezzeret's Gambit, and Volt Charge)

Any must have cards or wombo combos I should look for to include? I'm open to any card in any color, mostly want to try to abuse counters and planeswalkers etc.

I'm playing on MODO and have all my Modern lands, for what that is worth.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Gyshall posted:

I want to make a jank rear end Modern deck based around Proliferate (Contagion Clasp, maybe a singleton or two of Inexorable Tide, Tezzeret's Gambit, and Volt Charge)

Any must have cards or wombo combos I should look for to include? I'm open to any card in any color, mostly want to try to abuse counters and planeswalkers etc.

I'm playing on MODO and have all my Modern lands, for what that is worth.

Azor's Elocutors.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Naw man, go Darksteel Reactor so you don't restrict yourself color-wise :haw

Boco_T posted:

That deck was from the Modern Extreme Budget thread on Salvation and it seems pretty sweet. The person posting it put it together for like $5 on MTGO and said it was running a pretty high win rate in the Just For Fun room.

Maybe it might want Phyrexian Arena in addition to Sign in Blood?

Haunting Echoes is a sweet card.

I feel like the deck as-is wants more than 8 creatures, but I don't know what to add. Maybe Shriekmaw? Any other good disruiption-oriented critters?

Izzus
Mar 14, 2014

Sup. I hate to take away from Gyshall's post but I'm looking to build a badass rainbow deck built around Door to Nothingness and the five Invasion dragons. As far as I'm aware, the legend rule doesn't prevent you from having more than one in your deck (might have changed since I'm just getting back into the game after almost 10 years). Thing is, I don't want more than 25 mana in this deck unless it's necessary. The deck is going to be built for casual play, and if it's good enough I might take it to some small time constructed tournies.

I've got the Door and the dragons already. For green, I was thinking about rolling nothing but mana enchantments and sorceries. poo poo like Nylea's Presence and Fertile Ground. The trouble I'm having is digging up cards I can use for the rest of the colors in order to pull the door and the dragons as quickly as possible, then keep them in play. I might be able to nab a Progenitus if it compliments whatever the hell else I throw into this deck.

I'm iffy on adding things like Mana Confluence and City of Brass since I was never comfortable with the 1 life tradeoff. But yeah, anything you think is necessary to put in this deck, I'm listening. I'm thinking it might be a control deck, but I could go any way with it so whatevs.

Izzus fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 19, 2015

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

C-Euro posted:

Naw man, go Darksteel Reactor so you don't restrict yourself color-wise :haw

I feel like the deck as-is wants more than 8 creatures, but I don't know what to add. Maybe Shriekmaw? Any other good disruiption-oriented critters?
Hm, it looks like there's a budget forum thread on a similar deck.

Tombstalker is what they have, although this is pre-Khans. Also Geralf's Messenger and Gatekeeper of Malakir. This list isn't exactly the same type of deck as the all-removal version, but it's still budget oriented. Lashwrithe seems sweet.

EDIT: C_Euro how come this MonoW Turbofog gimmick deck on Deckbox doesn't have Isochron Scepter?

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 19, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Because I have Elixir of Immortality to shuffle all my fogs back into my deck, and also I traded away my playset of Scepters last summer :negative: Also I take offense to your use of gimmick here, thank you very much.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

C-Euro posted:

Also I take offense to your use of gimmick here, thank you very much.
Just remember, I built and tested that Hunted Horror Illness in the Ranks deck on Magic Online.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Boco_T posted:

Just remember, I built and tested that Hunted Horror Illness in the Ranks deck on Magic Online.

It did pretty ok in person, but the one true modern player at my store bitched and whined.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
Here's what I'll probably play this Friday, half for laughs and half because it plays surprisingly well:

Deck: Jund Reanimator

//Main
2 Hornet Queen
4 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
3 Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
4 Goblin Rabblemaster
4 Satyr Wayfinder
2 Doomwake Giant
4 Courser of Kruphix
3 Murderous Cut
3 Commune with the Gods
4 Wild Slash
2 Whip of Erebos
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Bloodstained Mire
2 Mountain
2 Swamp
4 Temple of Malady
4 Llanowar Wastes
3 Wooded Foothills
2 Forest
2 Temple of Abandon
2 Temple of Malice

//Sideboard
2 Reclamation Sage
1 Doomwake Giant
3 Bile Blight
3 Thoughtseize
1 Pharika, God of Affliction
2 Xenagos, the Reveler
3 Eidolon of Blossoms

Display deck statistics

It has some pretty crazy nut draws like T34 Hornet Queen, but it's pretty obvious in play testing that a straight Sidisi or Abzan Reanimator with Tasigur would be better than running Alesha.

muon fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 20, 2015

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Okay, I give up. How do you get a T3 Hornet Queen?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

odiv posted:

Okay, I give up. How do you get a T3 Hornet Queen?

I think it's t1 dork, t2 Alesha, t3 Wayfinder to get Queen into yard and into play with Alesha.

E: no mystics, so I don't know.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 20, 2015

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
The answer is I can't do math and it's Turn 4

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

muon posted:

It has some pretty crazy nut draws like T34 Hornet Queen, but it's pretty obvious in play testing that a straight Sidisi or Abzan Reanimator with Tasigur would be better than running Alesha.

Probably, but Sultai/Abzan Reanimator doesn't have the cool factor of Alesha, Who Smiles at Death.

She smiles at Death. Sidisi gets all uppity over losing her hat and Siege Rhino is a Rhino. What I'm trying to say is your deck is amazing and I'll be trying it out asap.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So UB control with a couple of Silumgar as a finisher and 4x Crux of Fate has to be a thing now, right?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

try it out. be all you can be. follow you are dreams

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
E: AHHH! Wrong Magic thread! :downs:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Am I stupid for thinking mono-red devotion could be decent again using some new cards? Something like this:

4x Monastery swiftspear
4x Eidolon of the Great Revel
4x Mardu Scout
4x Flamewake Phoenix
4x Fanatic of Mogis
2x Ashcloud Phoenix

4x Lightning Strike
4x Magma Jet
2x Crater's Claws

2x Chandra, Pyromaster
1x Sarkhan, Dragonspeaker
1x Hammer of Purphoros

3x Nykthos
21x Mountains

Just a quick list I threw together to consider the idea, there's a lot of guaranteed damage in those cards that could put someone into a nykthos-fueled crater's claw range. Sideboard could be some mix of arc lightning, searing blood, maybe burn away, whatever else works. Probably needs space for stormbreath, at least in the sideboard. Obvious problem is siege rhino but red has a lot of good fliers right now that go over rhino and might squeeze in enough damage before hornet queen hits. Not sure if stoke is as good in this deck as others, since you're almost always turning the dudes sideways to attack and the magma jets are nice since the deck doesn't have much else in the way of draw fixing. It might not work but as slow as a lot of the 3 color decks are right now I think it could sweep up a few wins.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
B/R MurderDragons :getin:

4 Stormbreath Dragon
4 Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
4 Lightning Shrieker
4 Shockmaw Dragon
4 Noxious Dragon
4 Generator Servant
4 Tymaret, the Murder King

4 Fearsome Awakening
4 Crux of Fate

4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Temple of Malice
13 Mountain
3 Swamp

Replace [Bad Card] with [Good Card] as appropriate. Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, Goblin Rabblemaster, not-terrible burn spells and/or Sarkhan all work.

...actually, Alesha + Generator Servant seems almost not-terrible, in its own terrible way. An actual good deck could use that combo.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
On a whim I decided to build a vintage sliver deck. Feel free to give me feedback up to and including that I'm insane and/or retarded for even thinking of trying this. Whatever, I've been playing it in the tournament practice room and it's fun to cast crystalline sliver off cavern of souls and watch some decks just scoop. Here's the list I'm at now:

4 Crystalline Sliver
2 Galerider Sliver
3 Heart Sliver
2 Hibernation Sliver
2 Manaweft Sliver
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Predatory Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Black Lotus
1 Demonic Tutor
4 Force of Will
3 Mental Misstep
5 (moxen)
1 Time Walk
1 Ponder

1 Bayou
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Misty Rainforest
1 Poluted Delta
4 Sliver Hive
1 Tropical Island
1 Tundra
1 Underground Sea
1 Volcanic Island

Sideboard:
2 Flusterstorm
1 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Harmonic Sliver
2 Mindbreak Trap
1 Misdirection
2 Null Rod
2 Stony Silence
2 Tormod's Crypt
1 Patriarch's bidding

A lot of this was aped from random legacy slivers lists I found. I don't think the mana base is correct, but I'm not sure how. Not sure if I should run mutavault. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the sideboard, so if it seems stupid it's because it is.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Boco_T posted:

I'm looking for a silly deck to play , I don't suppose you've got a list?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Death of Rats posted:

I'm looking for a silly deck to play , I don't suppose you've got a list?

It might work better with some deltas, maybe a better land package overall, but it was janky/fun.

Land (21)
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Forbidden Orchard
3 Island
3 Swamp
3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Watery Grave

Creatures (16)

4 Blood Artist
4 Blood Seeker
4 Hunted Horror
4 Hunted Phantasm

Spells (23)

4 Illness in the Ranks
4 Echoing Truth
4 Mana Leak
4 Ratchet Bomb
3 Turn to Mist
4 Vapor Snag

Sideboard:

4 Duress
3 Leyline of Sanctity
4 Swan Song
4 Thoughtseize

I'm taking the following two this weekend.

27 Island
27 Swamp
4 Treasure Hunt
2 Zombie Infestation

And:

3 Darkslick Shores
2 Drowned Catacomb
7 Island
9 Swamp
2 Temple of Deceit
1 Watery Grave
4 Avatar of Discord
4 Eater of Days
2 Etched Monstrosity
4 Hunted Horror
3 Hunted Phantasm
4 Muddle the Mixture
4 Shred Memory
4 Sundial of the Infinite
4 Torpor Orb
3 Turn Aside
Sideboard:

2 Dismember
3 Echoing Truth
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Spell Pierce
2 Squelch
3 Surgical Extraction

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Talk me out of playing this deck at a GPT :v:

4 Gnarled Scarhide
3 Doomwake Giant
2 Abhorrent Overlord
4 Gray Merchant of Asphodel
4 Herald of Torment
2 Master of the Feast
4 Spiteful Returned

4 Thoughtseize
2 In Garruk's Wake
2 Palace Siege
4 Hero's Downfall
1 Liliana Vess

3 Nykthos
21 Swamp

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Am I stupid for thinking mono-red devotion could be decent again using some new cards? Something like this:

4x Monastery swiftspear
4x Eidolon of the Great Revel
4x Mardu Scout
4x Flamewake Phoenix
4x Fanatic of Mogis
2x Ashcloud Phoenix

4x Lightning Strike
4x Magma Jet
2x Crater's Claws

2x Chandra, Pyromaster
1x Sarkhan, Dragonspeaker
1x Hammer of Purphoros

3x Nykthos
21x Mountains

Just a quick list I threw together to consider the idea, there's a lot of guaranteed damage in those cards that could put someone into a nykthos-fueled crater's claw range. Sideboard could be some mix of arc lightning, searing blood, maybe burn away, whatever else works. Probably needs space for stormbreath, at least in the sideboard. Obvious problem is siege rhino but red has a lot of good fliers right now that go over rhino and might squeeze in enough damage before hornet queen hits. Not sure if stoke is as good in this deck as others, since you're almost always turning the dudes sideways to attack and the magma jets are nice since the deck doesn't have much else in the way of draw fixing. It might not work but as slow as a lot of the 3 color decks are right now I think it could sweep up a few wins.

I'm going to be brewing my own Mono-R dev deck here at some point, but my initial thoughts have me leaning towards a Purphoros-focused built. Being able to dash out Mardu Scout is huge since it gives you repeatable Purphoros entry damage. You can have any 2 red pips + Purphoros out, and for 3 mana, you can dash in a Scout and pop a Phoenix out of your grave for 4 damage before you even attack. Ashcloud Phoenix pops for another 2 damage when when it dies and becomes a morph. It is all fairly synergistic.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mfcrocker posted:

Talk me out of playing this deck at a GPT :v:

Mono Black

You would get run over by Jeskai Tokens.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

GoutPatrol posted:

You would get run over by Jeskai Tokens.

I've pretty much got all the anti-token SB tech I could ask for in black but yeah, it's a rough g1

YoshiStomper
May 13, 2011

The reject.
Has anyone tried doing a R/G Monsters deck yet with the new cards? This is all I can come up with so far, it's pretty janky.

Deck: Monster Devotion Test

//Land
4 Temple of Abandon
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
7 Forest
3 Mountain

//Spells
4 Collateral Damage
2 Frontier Siege

//Creatures
1 Xenagos, God of Revels
3 Terra Stomper
4 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Goblin Rabblemaster
1 Hornet Queen
3 Whisperwood Elemental
3 Flamewake Phoenix
4 Stormbreath Dragon
3 Polukranos, World Eater

//Planeswalkers
2 Xenagos, the Reveler

Display deck statistics

I feel like Xenagod can come out, and maybe a random one of Hornet Queen isn't worth it. Any suggestions? Maybe cut Xenagod and Queen for 2 Nissa?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

TheLawinator posted:

Falkenrath Aristocrat owns, Falkenrath Noble is a 4 mana 2/2 flyer that is garbage. Paying 2 extra mana for a blood artist is not where you want to be since it isn't really any more survivable, bringing it back with Alesha is too narrow for the cost of playing 4 mana inefficient cards.

I'm pretty sure those two cards are the same card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

AlternateNu posted:

I'm going to be brewing my own Mono-R dev deck here at some point, but my initial thoughts have me leaning towards a Purphoros-focused built. Being able to dash out Mardu Scout is huge since it gives you repeatable Purphoros entry damage. You can have any 2 red pips + Purphoros out, and for 3 mana, you can dash in a Scout and pop a Phoenix out of your grave for 4 damage before you even attack. Ashcloud Phoenix pops for another 2 damage when when it dies and becomes a morph. It is all fairly synergistic.

You're right, that is pretty good. Flamewake pheonix can't come back off of goblin scout though, but it can off of ashcloud, fanatic, stormbreath, and sarkhan, or it could off of a dashed scout if you can pump with purphoros too. I'll revise my list later, it was literally something I threw together off the top of my head. Scout/flamwake with purphoros is too good to pass up though.

• Locked thread