Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Is there no way to get scrap metal any more? I've played for 3 days now without getting any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

BlueGrot posted:

Is there no way to get scrap metal any more? I've played for 3 days now without getting any.

Hit any car wreck a few times with a crowbar?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
11 or 12 guys in red flannel and blue motorcycle helmets with an assortment of weapons and car batteries/spark plugs just showed up, played music over prox, stole a vehicle, and then basically all of them were killed by Maniak. Some other guys have apparently figured out a way to bug through the floors of base structures and may be stealing guns out of locked rooms and turning them on the people defending base.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
The thunderdome was great, we should do that again but shower the victor in gifts

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 20, 2015

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
Some people are really god damned determined to glitch into goonbase and log. I think the sheer size of New Detroit is working against us in the early hours of the morning, when there only a few of us on and some people trying to pull out every exploit in the book to get inside.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Played about 15 minutes last night. Picked up a dozen arrows which were floating above zombie corpses. Saw a few zombies in stock model pose floating around and 2 dudes in helmets running around who waved at me. Seems like an early access game to me

Also, is there a way to rebind keys? Change view is on "mouse 4" and my mouse lacks a 4th button :geno:

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 20, 2015

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight

Orv posted:

Anyone get video of said attack?

What killstreak perk do I get for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK0iFerB2LM

Also giving up defending for today, I should of just made an alt and took all the important poo poo out of my crates because I'm a dumb gently caress and guarded the base for 8 hours.

So, after that mess they started glitching inside, the patch of houses on the dirt are super vulnerable because they will relog inside the dirt and jump up into the rooms. My poo poo doesn't load slow so I can't do it.

Also turns out that using shotguns in all 3 slots is hacks and I'll be reported for hacking

Edit: Looking at my HP in the video, that's all kinds of :black101: holy poo poo
If it was reddit guys then the group after was a bunch of people trying to exploit into our town, unless shhhhno1cares is one of them, who's only good at duping excessive amounts of guns and ammo for us by exploiting.

MaNiAk fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 20, 2015

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

We might want to do a more secretive Goonbase now that we know where the spawn locations are. Also a little less "gigantic sprawling slum" because defending that is kind of hard.

eeriepanda
Dec 8, 2009
That was Reddit (they're the blue helmets).

Orv
May 4, 2011

eeriepanda posted:

That was Reddit (they're the blue helmets).

That explains the whole gunned down like geese thing.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

MaNiAk posted:

What killstreak perk do I get for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK0iFerB2LM

Also giving up defending for today, I should of just made an alt and took all the important poo poo out of my crates because I'm a dumb gently caress and guarded the base for 8 hours.

So, after that mess they started glitching inside, the patch of houses on the dirt are super vulnerable because they will relog inside the dirt and jump up into the rooms. My poo poo doesn't load slow so I can't do it.

Also turns out that using shotguns in all 3 slots is hacks and I'll be reported for hacking

This looks fun as hell. I've been really careful about using my shotgun ammo, I didn't even know there were dupe exploits :sigh:

eeriepanda
Dec 8, 2009
Yeah I was Caerr and didn't even know you guys were on that server until after you made me sing on the street. There are maybe 3-5 guys who are good with guns but we had bows/arrows. Sorry for the hackusation your video is legit, dumb people in TS spewing it. I'm surprised you blew up your own cars.

Edit: I came back and stole a shotgun/300 ammo from one of the dead loot bags. (murder rampage from the dam to cranberry to tacotown)

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
That was a group of redditors being formed here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2sya6z/idea_reddit_h1z1_republic/

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Base is currently being raided by 5, well 4 now, guys that are chopping down all the doors with axes and taking everything FYI.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Base is currently being raided by 5, well 4 now, guys that are chopping down all the doors with axes and taking everything FYI.

Yea oh well, there goes about 90 land mines.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

lmao this doesn't surprise me at all, on voice chat I said someone should check 4chan or reddit to see who is forming groups against us.

So yeah, reddit is literally on our server now, we may as well make a PGS thread and pick a new server.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 20, 2015

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

MaNiAk posted:

Yea oh well, there goes about 90 land mines.

It was someone we pissed off cause they were talking over ingame voice about "gently caress these guys, they have killed me so many times" haha

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Hey, it's 9AM EST and two of them are back. They broke every door in the community are and some in the middle, they didn't get into the back areas yet.. I killed them all, but yeah, I can't solo defend this forever. Some people need to get on. Or we need to leave the server. This is dumb. It's the same loving people.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I'm a eurogoon and ingame on Requiem as BlueGrotGoon, dunno how to get to goonbase though.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

BlueGrot posted:

I'm a eurogoon and ingame on Requiem as BlueGrotGoon, dunno how to get to goonbase though.

They are glitch re-spawning so I dont think it will matter anyway. Akumos is doing his best but they keep coming back.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

It was someone we pissed off cause they were talking over ingame voice about "gently caress these guys, they have killed me so many times" haha

Quotes from that reddit:

quote:

Right now a bunch of people are feeling out Requiem server and it feels right so far, some nice people and plenty of murderes, even a corrupt police force in Pleasant Ville.

quote:

once the officers of the law are sorted, we can role play Rambo

At least Blasing's and Hans' work is not going unnoticed

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

What a bunch of carebears >:C

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Ahdinko posted:

At least Blasing's and Hans' work is not going unnoticed

Pleasant Valley Police Department will not stand to let felons and riff raff ruin our beautiful town.

I dont think the current two guys doing this are reddit though, they are ones from yesterday morning and before and are knowledgeable in glitching. Akumos just killed them for 5-6 waves of respawns before they got him.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Akumos posted:

Hey, it's 9AM EST and two of them are back. They broke every door in the community are and some in the middle, they didn't get into the back areas yet.. I killed them all, but yeah, I can't solo defend this forever. Some people need to get on. Or we need to leave the server. This is dumb. It's the same loving people.

That is how these games work and will be the same everywhere you go once you piss off the locals.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hybridfusion posted:

That is how these games work and will be the same everywhere you go once you piss off the locals.

Yup. We are going to build and lose Goonlandia / Mogoondishu / Detroit so many times it's not even funny. We cannot retreat from this server because of fedora wearing redditors. The PVST will be strong and vigilant.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I drove them back for now, apparently, one hasn't been back for 15 mins and I'm destroying the other one. So yeah I single handedly saved your base, thank me later m8s. I had to kill then like 30 loving times myself.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I am in as Sirbloody. I was playing on Antidote with a few friends but I rather switch!

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
Guys you are getting way over attached to stuff in an early access alpha. relax all the reddit idiots did was give us more people to kill. we made goon base way to drat close to one of the more populated towns and its not like its hard to find. don't leave the server we need to make 1 or two smaller bases that aren't huge gently caress off African slums.

detective dic fingers will never let the pubbies take his town from him

also stop talking about base building any magic item making and poo poo in the public thread we need a PGS thread to figure out where to go from here

Gryff
Feb 7, 2012

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

They are glitch re-spawning so I dont think it will matter anyway. Akumos is doing his best but they keep coming back.

What is this? Is there a glitch/hack that causes people to come back to life with their gear after you kill them?

I killed one guy and while I was looting his corpse he reappeared over it and started attacking me, I presume this is what you are referring to?

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Gryff posted:

What is this? Is there a glitch/hack that causes people to come back to life with their gear after you kill them?

I killed one guy and while I was looting his corpse he reappeared over it and started attacking me, I presume this is what you are referring to?

Yeah, if you end task the game quick enough the server doesnt pick it up and your loot drops and then you spawn back in with all your stuff where you were. It started as a way to dupe stuff but got turned into a combat log. Supposedly they are fixing some of the duping with that patch today, wondering if it will include fixing this.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Yeah, if you end task the game quick enough the server doesnt pick it up and your loot drops and then you spawn back in with all your stuff where you were. It started as a way to dupe stuff but got turned into a combat log. Supposedly they are fixing some of the duping with that patch today, wondering if it will include fixing this.

The other side of this is when I found a worn letter and then the game crashed ~30 seconds later. When I got back in I was about two minutes back down the road, with no worn letter :(

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Unless there's another way of duping stuff that we don't know of (and there may well be), fixing one will fix the other.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

iamthehans posted:

Guys you are getting way over attached to stuff in an early access alpha. relax all the reddit idiots did was give us more people to kill. we made goon base way to drat close to one of the more populated towns and its not like its hard to find. don't leave the server we need to make 1 or two smaller bases that aren't huge gently caress off African slums.

detective dic fingers will never let the pubbies take his town from him

also stop talking about base building any magic item making and poo poo in the public thread we need a PGS thread to figure out where to go from here

I'm gonna make a PGS thread. Not going to link it here, just look for it.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Liberatore posted:

Unless there's another way of duping stuff that we don't know of (and there may well be), fixing one will fix the other.

Yeah you can dupe gun ammo, or could because the patch today is supposedly fixing it, by unloading it and dropping ammo on ground while moving to cancel reload and if you did it quick enough server would reload gun and there would be ammo.

All of this is public info by the way as typing h1z1 dupe into google leads you to videos and reddit threads full of how to do it.

FlyingCowOfDoom fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 20, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea guys, the items in our base nice to have, but losing them isn't really a big deal at all

within a few hours we could make a new camp with tons of rabbit traps reasonably close to water, then we could go back to killing pubbies pretty much uninterrupted

just view the items as a way to make dying and coming back more convenient, not as if something we can't bear to lose

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Eonwe posted:

yea guys, the items in our base nice to have, but losing them isn't really a big deal at all

within a few hours we could make a new camp with tons of rabbit traps reasonably close to water, then we could go back to killing pubbies pretty much uninterrupted

just view the items as a way to make dying and coming back more convenient, not as if something we can't bear to lose

Real Men don't need guns. They rip their shirt and combine with a stick to make a bow and arrow.

Then they hunt the least dangerous game: Pubbies.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

suboptimal posted:

I'm gonna make a PGS thread. Not going to link it here, just look for it.

Thread's up. Let's take the goonbase discussion to PGS.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Are we the ones who stopped up the entrance to Zimms with rabbit traps?

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
I don't have a uniform yet and have been killed twice by goon squads - while trying to make my way to goonbase. ugh. please don't kill TheGotHaggis thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Got Haggis? posted:

I don't have a uniform yet and have been killed twice by goon squads - while trying to make my way to goonbase. ugh. please don't kill TheGotHaggis thx

Get into mumble and you (probably) won't get shot.

No guarantees.

• Locked thread