Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Godholio posted:

AF calls those "dorms" now.

:nsavince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

lol, holy poo poo that rules

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Godholio posted:

AF calls those "dorms" now.

:vince:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Here's a thing: 40% discount on any one Trijicon sight or optic through the end of 2015.

e: Maybe it was poorly-worded, but it looks like you may be able to get the discount on:

quote:

a single magnified optic, a single reflex sight, and a single set of tritium night sights for handguns
So maybe all three.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jan 19, 2015

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Here's a thing: 40% discount on any one Trijicon sight or optic through the end of 2015.

If this is real I might finally buy an acog 0_o

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

justice4trayvawn posted:

If this is real I might finally buy an acog 0_o

even at 60% msrp the fuckin acog rco is like 1 grand :suspense:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I forgot about the vet thread

This is my beard, growing it is the only thing I did all winter.

This is a good butt, I like it a lot.

Way2Go Master Bateman on success in paradise

IFAKs go under your shooting arm

k see ya next month

edit: almost forgot: cats are terrible

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I was about to high five that beard but find myself in a frothing rage of disagreement with your stupid cat opinion.

gently caress you.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Cats are poo poo heads. I grew up with cats in the house. Now whenever I go home to visit I sneeze and my eyes itch because even my body is over their poo poo.

My mom's cats. Chill, but still cats:

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
The worst part of having a beard is feeling like I have to take a shower after eating anything. Kind of like taking a gross endless wipe tar dump but in reverse.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zeris posted:

You know that is going to be us someday, right?

I can't wait to send angry forwarded z-mails about the first tranny president to my grandkids through the hypernet.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't wait to send angry forwarded z-mails about the first tranny president to my grandkids through the hypernet.

In holo-hospice, no one can grok your frothing z-mail fwds

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

On American Sniper. The thing I find most fascinating about this movie is how American all this really is. I haven't seen the movie yet, but friends have told me that it is a nuanced study of a soldier struggling with what the brutal work he did abroad. But the thing is basically a re-writing, a narrative fantasy that skirts a more painful truth. Chris Kyle, the real life sniper who this was based on, was pretty much a racist psychopath who didn't really do a lot of personal soul-searching. It seems, from everything that I've read that he was pretty cool with killing lots of brown people, believed wholeheartedly that the US War on Terror was an unequivocal good, and hated Arabs. But both the Academy and US viewers are eating this movie up...( apparently it's breaking all sorts of box office records). Why? Because we prefer the nuanced fantasy to the more painful reality that perhaps the war machine has the effect of producing soldiers who do awful things in our name and whose souls are re-shaped for the worse because of it. American Sniper is an indictment of our own embrace of militarism, and our lack of comfort with honestly examining the results of it.
Just thinking of militarism on this MLK Jr. Day. Have you seen the movie? What do you think?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
source your quotes bitch

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

An illegal immigrant facebook friend from Africa

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

An illegal immigrant facebook friend from Africa

too bad chris kyle isnt around to take care of him :smith:

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

too bad chris kyle isnt around to take care of him :smith:

lol'd

e: much like chris kyle, i too am broken

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
wanting to kill browns doesn't mean you're broken

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Mike-o posted:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Mike-o posted:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cleveland Browns?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So this Man in the High Castle pilot on amazon prime loving owns. Hope they actually go through with the series

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bolow posted:

So this Man in the High Castle pilot on amazon prime loving owns. Hope they actually go through with the series

I'm trying to sing the praises of it in the Hangout. I want to see more too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

gently caress. Start school real soon, a bit more than full time, and not gonna lie I'm pretty nervous/worried. I've been a terrible student all my life and did "ok" my first time around at college. It's nice not having to work full time while going to school full time though. Time to take this poo poo serious. (Actually prob just gonna re-enlist :sweatdrop:)

But really got every reason to succeed. Security, GI bill, etc. So here goes

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 20, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

gently caress, start school real soon a bit more than full time and not gonna lie I'm pretty nervous/scared. I've been a terrible student all my life and did "ok" my first time around at college. It's nice not having to work full time while going to school full time though. Time to take this poo poo serious. (Actually prob just gonna re-enlist :sweatdrop:)

Now that you're older you'll find it a lot easier as long as you keep up with classes and homework.

I did a semester of college before i shipped out to basic and then fit a couple more in before I deployed, and did rather lovely. A lot of it was working full time on top of taking full credits and basically being a shithead.

After my deployment, I went back to school a couple months later and found it insanely easy and felt like a complete idiot for loving around so much beforehand.

Honestly the worst part of college when you're older is dealing with the younger students.

edit: Make a schedule for dealing with studying/homework and stick to it. Since you're not working there's really no excuse for having enough time to get it all done.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 20, 2015

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

gently caress. Start school real soon, a bit more than full time, and not gonna lie I'm pretty nervous/worried. I've been a terrible student all my life and did "ok" my first time around at college. It's nice not having to work full time while going to school full time though. Time to take this poo poo serious. (Actually prob just gonna re-enlist :sweatdrop:)

Same as above, but as long as you treat it more like a job than an excuse to party, school will be easy. I hit the gym in the morning, did work/class all day, and was done with everything by like 7 each night at the latest. I just graduated with 3.8 in civil engineering when I practically failed out of school pre-military. Don't sweat it.

Also, lose the military habit of showing up 15-20 minutes before class starts, you'll be the only loser sitting in class, and you'll feel even worse when a freshman walks in and asks if you're the professor.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Show up as early as you need to be to get a seat next to the professor/the slides on the projector, especially if you wear glasses. Because you're gonna forget one day and let me tell you if anything's frustrating it's not being able to loving see what's on the slides. Or what's being written in half inch lettering chickenscratch on the blackboard

do not skimp on seating, it does literally nothing for you to not be sitting right up front every day

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Show up 15 minutes early, drop your stuff to save your seat farthest from, and with a clear view of, the classroom entrance/egress. Doesn't matter if it's the last day of the semester, someone will try to sit in YOUR chair.

Go to the campus store, pick up enough Rip It(s) to last the 1hr 50mins of class. Have a smoke. 5s and 25s for yoga butts.

Come back, sit down, make small talk for the 5 minutes left before class because you're old and weird and this is probably the only time you'll meet anyone.

Start at least once sentence every day with "When I was in the Infantry.."

Have fun and good luck.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Fister Roboto posted:

Cleveland Browns?

Pretty sure thats on the list of Sainthood qualifiers.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Until I decide to do graduate school with my remaining GI bennies I don't have any responsibilities outside work. I still have goddamn late for class or missing homework dreams. poo poo is whack.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Student vet checklist:

[ ] dip/spitter

[ ] old unit T-shirt or buy one from article 15

[ ] hat with CIB/CAB

[ ] camo backpack, patches

[ ] your boots or google "combat flip-flops" and buy them

[ ] enough GI bill and student vet handbooks that every time you open up, one spills out

In all seriousness the reason these guys are right about sitting up front is so you don't get distracted by 18 year olds in yoga pants. Jesus.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeris posted:

Student vet checklist:

[ ] your boots or google "combat flip-flops" and buy them

Every day of my GI Bill college days.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So this is what upper division is like, 5 people in a class.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Where the gently caress do they find these old physics professors, goddam.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

jfc roly poly rolly backpack kid shut up

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you need a rolling backpack you need to re-examine your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
spicy i hope youre putting your assault pack to good use nowadays

• Locked thread