Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

So I'm pretty burned out on RS3, as made apparent to me by the fact that I can barely motivate myself to stay logged on and I'm playing OSRS again. :v: It's all the little things that Jagex never fixes like the insane startup lag, not recomping lost items that are their fault, endless waves of bugs, etc. etc. basically Jagex being :jagex:

Yeah, the current instability of the servers is basically turning me into a fishing/kilning zombie at this point, because :siren:WHAT IF YOU GET DCED AT GRAARDOR AND LOSE 20M AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:siren:

My one true wish for 2015 is that they'll fix the music player, so it'll stop taking 15 minute breaks between each autoplayed track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
My dungeoneering level is 1, is this bad?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Dungeoneering is basically the best and most entertaining skill while giving out some incredible unique rewards. If you want help getting out of the early levels and into the meat of the skill you could ask in clan chat. FlexMentallo is always eager and ready to help goons with dungeoneering.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

simosimo posted:

My dungeoneering level is 1, is this bad?

You should do a handful of solo floors to unlock complexity 6, C6 dungeons have no exp penalty.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

What does a Runecape "riot" even look like? Is it just a bunch of dumb nerds standing their characters in a town square and spamming chat with incoherent complaints?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

No, you wear pink and blue skirts and use the retribution or redemption prayer to show hate/support for whatever pubbies are rioting for this week..

Runescape riots are loving stupid.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is what a runescape riot looks like

(h/t chundie)

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 19, 2015

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
WE PAY WE SAY

What are commas.

Reoxygenation posted:

You could always hold a tournament in the duel arena and split up the pool so that the lower levels get a bigger prize

I dunno just my two cents

This sounds like the best thing to do actually, thanks. :)

Desuwa posted:

I think the startup lag, if it's the same issue I had, can be fixed by deleting the cache file. I think there's a problem with it getting too large or too old, of course this is something Jagex should at least be able to detect and fix.

The problem with that is it only works for a little bit - and once the lag and rendering from recreating the cache finishes, startup lag just comes back :suicide:

Now, while I'm RS3 burned out, I'm not in such a state for Goonscape/Sims 2 Adventures. Here's another one that's a rootin tootin good time... that is, prepare yourselves for Pootin Tootin Endy!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I think that should be part of the next wave of banner ads.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hajj Podge posted:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I had the slowdown problem on my old laptop; when I switched to playing on my new computer I found installing the client to my ssd helps. Sorry to see you go :(

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

When you told me there was such a thing as death by farts in Sims, I didn't imagine it'd be so great. :allears: Also my house rules, that little blue dresser with the little silver star next to it is the loving cutest thing. I want that in my POH house.

MY DWARF BF
:kimchi:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So just today, I had a thought: Since RuneLabs is due to drop, why don't we make our own terrible ideas? I mean, pubs are probably gonna choke it with their terrible ideas. So why not a goon's terrible idea?

With that, I present this pitch: Alice Does Gielinor, Or Why The gently caress Is She Here Instead Of Screwing Me Out Of My Hard-Earned But Useless Keys*

* Guaranteed to ruin more of Runescape or your money back and ready to fund my next idea.

Overview: Treasure Hunter. Somehow a good venture. But it's boring to watch as everyone opens up a chest to get a star. It's also boring taking a swim in the billions of gold coins that surround the chests, too. So with a want to go out, the mascot Alice enters the really dumb world of Gielinor in order to interact with the filthy money-grubbing peasants intrepid adventurers that seem to plague inhabit it. This is where you come in. The questline is essentially teaching Alice what adventurers do for fun and profit. She grows ever so disgusted and loathsome as you do so, moreso because it might ruin her favorite dress.

Quests 1-3: Basic poo poo. First one's combat-related, and taking place in Lumbridge. Second one's gathering and whatnot, will be in Taverley and Burthorpe. Third one's in the Grand Exchange.

Quests 4-7: Hijinx ensues. Quest 4 forces you to do the barbarian bar crawl again in order to get her to run the course (She doesn't, claiming to have some injury, leaving you to do it.), quest 5 takes you to Tai Bwo to show where the mahogany comes from (get some trading sticks for this bit since she wants you to craft mahogany stuff), quest 6 leads you to the Gnome Stronghold for some good ol' gnome cooking. (Alice gets shitfaced after just one drink.), and quest 7 involves finding where she went. (She's in the elf city somehow.)

Quests 8-12: Bullshit Central. Quest 8 is just getting medicine for her.(Needs 90 herblore to make the medicine, and the reagents are all around Gielinor. Also a puzzle in order to mix the drat things.) Quest 9 involves a tour of the stones. (The stones now have a high failure rate, due to Alice's Berating: A perk that deliberately lowers everything.) Quest 10 involves Morvan. (She forces you into his dungeon for fun.) Quest 11 has Alice bargaining with elves for a crystal keep of her very own. (You have to build it, it's 90 Construction, and it unlocks crystalline dungeons. They cost 1M per room, and do gently caress all..) Quest 12 has Alice being bored of Prfddinas, and she wants to go home. (One of three Grandmaster Quests here. Needs 90 Magic, 91 Construction, 90 Mining, and 90 Agility. Quest only starts when you hit the req's, Agility can't be boosted, and is only needed to survive a scripted magic botch.)

Quests 13 and 14: God dammit why. Quest 13 involves everyone's favorite area: The Elemental Workshop. You are required to gather enough magic bars needed to make delicate little filigrees for useless things. Also some really hard-to-get items. Requires 95 Cooking, 95 Smithing, 95 Magic, 95 Crafting, and 95 Thieving. (The thieving is only for enduring a few things.) Quest 14- AKA the finale- is gonna be the main bullshit quotient. You have to Home Teleport everywhere, then cast "Return To Alice's Keep", a spell unlocked at 98 Magic that uses 5 soul runes and 5 law runes. This is to calibrate Alice's new teleportation device, which you made in 13. THEN, you must use it, resulting in a fuckload of problems. Such as a tear in the rift of time, Saradomin AND Zamorak wizards raiding in anger, champions investigating just what the gently caress is going down with the device, penguins coming in to try to steal the device, and even a few dead characters coming back to make life hell. Like Bandos and the Culinaromancer. Of course, this results in Alice forcing you to fight EVERYONE, since they're ruining her castle with their peasant-like presence. The final result? All champions are dead dead, KGP having to retreat, and generally all the gods are going "What the gently caress" at just what went down. And then she asks you to use it again, this time dragging in the remaining gods and Sliske. Also the Stone of Jas because I lost track. Naturally, you try to pacify the reasonably angry gods. This requires yet another Gielinor-wide fetch quest. And at the end of it all? You come back to a pile of dead gods. Just, a big loving pile of all the gods' corpses. Since your timing is "ever so perfect", you witness Sliske's body being thrown against the corpses. Why? Because he tried to steal Alice's gold. Your reward for doing all this? A small star for the new skill coming out sometime after this quest. You demand more, but she just gets ready to fight. At this point, you now have to fight the rich woman, who touched the stone now. The fight's one-sided, as she hits for 10001 regardless of stats. After that, you're cast into Death's home. Death is just absolutely confused at the events, and feels bad for you. And this is where the questline ends.

Final Rewards (Excluding experience): two bonds, that small star, 25 keys for Treasure Hunter, 25 Hearts of Ice, crystalline dungeons for your home, the gods' clothes as overrides, a new emote, a letter from Jagex that says "Sorry.", and another letter that just says "Come play Treasure Hunter! You can win some Lucky gear!".

Congratulations, adventurer! You just hosed up the lore beyond all repair! Now do it again in Hardcore Ironman mode.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

My fault for being a patriot at sinkholes, I guess.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Hajj Podge posted:

I agree completely. Plus the Zaros comment from that pubbie.^

Professor Oak fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 20, 2015

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I started playing 07 after a friend of mine started streaming a permadeath ironman quest challenge.

I don't want to pay attention to it though, so I started chopping trees and haven't really stopped.

I don't want to upgrade axes because I'll have to click more and pay more attention.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So OSRS has the GE coming now doesn't it? I bet the hardcore folks are loving it!

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I need everyone to support my idea on RuneLabs, please. It's very important for the long-term health of the game and clan as a whole.

edit: oh, supporting isn't even enabled yet. what's even the point

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Instead of Sims idiotic ninja fix, support my grand vision for the future of the game, a new skill where you can go to the Eastern Lands and get exp with Divinations

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It could also serve as another use for planks :downsgun:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Umm excuse me troubadour resting is literally going to be the only good idea to come out of this stupid thing

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

simosimo posted:

So OSRS has the GE coming now doesn't it? I bet the hardcore folks are loving it!

They're also polling whether the GE should be accessible from any bank but it won't pass cause the way they polled it is really stupid.

And:

Simsmagic posted:

Umm excuse me troubadour resting is literally going to be the only good idea to come out of this stupid thing

Because the third submitted idea since this crap opened (genius to release it and have over 1,500 pubbie ideas flood it already without being able to do anything with it, I couldn't think of anything more Jagex) is Elemental Workshop V.

quote:

– The quest should be developed by Mod Doctor, since curatorship has passed from Mod Dylan to him.

Someone is going to meet their untimely fate in a future adventure:

What a pleasant replacement.

I don't see why they can't introduce something like bugzilla instead to manage the hundreds of bugs this game is flooded with.

Content:

:pervert:

Yeah gee I wonder why

A third partner for Endy and Dwarf??

Way to miss out on a cool examine text chance.

Dying101 x Pizza Lady, friends 4 ever

Yes, keep giving me Crystal implings.

:woop:

Third lesser demon kill drops the highest valued drop. Hasn't this happened with some robots and gloves before...?

Apparently someone is talking about me on Reddit.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you're looking for good money and Hunter XP, there is no better time than right now to do GRENWALLS! Grenwalls take 77 Hunter to catch, and if you do the Medium elf tasks you can catch them without using bait. Do your daily Big Chin, buy 300 Grenwall tickets per day, and camp the little boogers. Spikes are up to 900 a pop, meaning each individual Grenwall catch is worth roughly 18k, as they give around 20 spikes per catch (and I think if you put spikes up for 1k each, they'll move, just more slowly). They also give fairly high value herbs on a very regular basis, they drop most of the herbs from Ranarr to Dwarf Weed (sans Wergali, Spirit Weed, and Snapdragon) so you can make bank on herbs too.

Fleece idiot pubbies for large amounts of money by selling herblore supplies at hugely inflated prices! Get 99 Hunter fairly painlessly! My standard kit for baitless Grenwalls is 5 box traps, my stack of quota tickets from Big Chin, Herbicide, and a Bonecrusher. Set your Herbicide to whatever you like, I have it set to murder all of the herbs worth less than like 5k. At 98 Hunter, if I'm actually paying attention and actively grabbing and resetting my boxes quickly, I can do like 200+ catches an hour, which translates to about 4M gold an hour and 220k xp an hour.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

You also get spikes (and Hunter EXP) from divine box traps. Make sure you make one a day and drop it in a high pop area, like w2 or before Sinkholes for best results.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

Apparently someone is talking about me on Reddit.

They didn't say they saw someone talking about you, they said they saw you. Now either that means there is a EconoMax-style Pizza Lady on reddit, or you have been shamefully outed.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

They didn't say they saw someone talking about you, they said they saw you. Now either that means there is a EconoMax-style Pizza Lady on reddit, or you have been shamefully outed.

She might have been shown in a picture or a pubbie posted about her on reddit.

The Great Pizza seems to be fairly popular on W117 so I wouldn't be surprised that pubbies know she exists.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

They said they saw a post about me, being mentioned in the same vein with Pizza Mn. If I were a filthy Redditor, I wouldn't out myself so obviously like this, nerd. :colbert:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

oh god...I'm tempted to play again. But if I did, I'd have to buy bonds in-game for membership because I'm too broke right now to pay for members myself.

If I were to do this, what's the way to get the money for successive bonds that won't make me want to kill myself? I am horrible at bossing.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
You can definitely make enough to pay for membership if you play every day. Follow the goon-guides in the OP to learn how!
The short version is: Vis wax (250-400k), some daily runecrafting via wicked hood (50-120k depending on your skill), divine locations at burthope world 2 (40-60k if you pick valuable resources), farming herbs every couple hours (100k or more per trip if you can do kwuarm or better), and managing miscellania. All that is like, 20 minutes at the start of your daily runescaping and will keep you in enough cash to play forever. You can also plant papayas in every fruit tree patch for 18k per tree harvested, and if you're down to the wire, you can do shop runs like bagged plant 1s, yak hides, plant pots, feathers, and so on. You need to make about 500k a day, but if you do all the daily free money things and don't go blowing it all to train herb/prayer/construction, you can stay afloat just off bonds.

That wasn't terribly short.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Alt you can get a job and work for 30 minutes at minimum wage.

e: Not meant to be disparaging to ppl who for w/e reason can't get a job/enough hrs !!!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I'll try not to disappear due to router issues this time... it's time for a citadel fundraiser/tournament event!!!

:siren:Super Citadel Fundraising Gladiator Event:siren:

In order to raise money for both the citadel fund and give poorer goons in need a chance at increasing their bank, this event taking place at the Duel Arena around Feb 7 30 minutes after reset, will be a chance for rich goons to donate money to watch the gp poors fight each other for their precious donated coin. Richies can participate too, but will be subjected to much lower prize payout.

ENTRY

Post a screenshot of your bank, cash stack, and stats. This will give an idea of how many people are participating so your opponents and potential prize pool can be adjusted, and let me know you plan to participate.

PRIZES

I'm throwing in 50m gp to the prize pool, purely as money for winning. The amount of prize money given to winners will be determined by how much more generous goons donate. To help everyone out who participates, even losers will be given compensation based on their tier and how much is donated, so everyone wins~

DONATING

If you are feeling kind and generous, please donate the money sometime between now and the event, so the prizes can be more concretely determined. You should also state how much you want to give towards the citadel fund directly, and how much you want to go to the prize pool for the contest. If you don't state it, I will decide on myself. Total donations will be listed at the end of the event. Poopsocker, since you recently donated, I will count it towards this event, so please let me know if you wish to adjust some of that to the prize pool instead of the fund!

COMPETITION

Competitors will be divided based on either their combat levels or skills. Again, based on participants, it could be done tournament style, or we could have everyone fight each other once and base winnings on win vs lose streak. Pretty simple, so just bring your best gear to the fight and beat goons to death!

EXTRAS?

If there's time and people are willing, we could have some extra joke contests for other prizes or just fun. This will remain to be seen!!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Read posted:

Alt you can get a job and work for 30 minutes at minimum wage.

e: Not meant to be disparaging to ppl who for w/e reason can't get a job/enough hrs !!!

Holy hell, way to poorshame. :golfclap:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thanks to goons yesterday for letting Radical Laz tag along in dung for the first time. So goddamn clueless but I grabbed the poo poo and ran as best I could :unsmith:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Speaking of dungeoneering, I was going to hit 120 this afternoon, but my computer decided to poo poo the bed, hard. So! After reset, I'll be getting it, so if you want to be on the floor where that happens, be on then!

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.
Hello, I am Pizza Haggis requesting an invite.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

-gladiator fight stuff-

That's my money, combat gear and stats. I should be up for it.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I was browsing through the RuneLabs, finding a few good ideas, a bunch of stupid ideas, a handful of ideas that Jagex would literally never do (like voice chat), and I came across.....this.

loving pubbies. Pubbies never change.

Could be a troll, but given the nature of Runescape's pubbies, I'm inclined to think it's real.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
https://secure.runescape.com/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=eQVKP-4qp20/view-idea?idea=6803

rate my runelabs