Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, here are the latest (and last!) Club Nintendo digital rewards, available until June 30:

Donkey Kong '94 (3DS VC) - 150 Coins
Excitebike (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins
Super Mario Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins
Super Metroid (Wii VC) - 250 Coins
Super Punch-Out!! (Wii VC) - 250 Coins
The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - 200 Coins
Wario Land II (3DS VC) - 200 Coins

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE just announced that PAL-land will finally be getting Kirby Fighters DX and Dedede's Drum Dash DX on February 13. Why they didn't mention that during the Direct, I have no idea.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, here are the latest (and last!) Club Nintendo digital rewards, available until June 30:

Donkey Kong '94 (3DS VC) - 150 Coins
Excitebike (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins
Super Mario Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins
Super Metroid (Wii VC) - 250 Coins
Super Punch-Out!! (Wii VC) - 250 Coins
The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - 200 Coins
Wario Land II (3DS VC) - 200 Coins

Except didn't they say they're gonna have a bunch of downloadable rewards in February? Don't waste your coins now. Wait and see what's coming.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Arm fatigue?
Only if you're holding it wrong.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

ChibiSoma posted:

Except didn't they say they're gonna have a bunch of downloadable rewards in February? Don't waste your coins now. Wait and see what's coming.

Donkey Kong 94 is possibly the best game on the 3DS Virtual Console, so unless they decide to go out with a bang and release something huge for the same price, I'd say that's probably the best bang for your buck.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wario Land II is very good, get this.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tyma posted:

Donkey Kong 94 is possibly the best game on the 3DS Virtual Console, so unless they decide to go out with a bang and release something huge for the same price, I'd say that's probably the best bang for your buck.

Already have it. I wish I hadn't sold my Wii before the WiiU came out. Didn't have the chance to transfer my VC stuff over, and I'd really like playing Shining Force 1 and 2 on the big screen again. :(

Never actually chose a Wii VC game via Club Nintendo. Does it just knock you into Wii Mode, do you have to manually start it, or can you just not grab those if you're on a WiiU?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
You'll have to go to the Wii mode shop channel to enter the code and download the game,and remain in Wii mode to play it.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Can you still "upgrade" your Wii virtual console games to Wii U VC games for like a buck or something?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kaleidoscope posted:

Can you still "upgrade" your Wii virtual console games to Wii U VC games for like a buck or something?

$1 for NES, $1.50 for SNES.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Unless I'm mistaken the "upgrade" only applies to titles you transferred from a Wii system memory, not anything you buy from the Wii shop after the system transfer to the Wii U.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

Really? Well gently caress that noise then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No, it doesn't matter how they get there. You can upgrade a Wii VC game that was downloaded directly to Wii U, it's not strictly limited to transfers.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I wonder what this will mean for platinum rewards for this year.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think the website said they're bringing them forward to April?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Unless I'm mistaken the "upgrade" only applies to titles you transferred from a Wii system memory, not anything you buy from the Wii shop after the system transfer to the Wii U.

Nope, you can still do the upgrade after the fact. Last year I had leftover Wii Shop Channel points that I put towards Mega Man X on the Wii the day it was made available on the Wii U eShop, and the price of the Wii U version dropped to $1.50.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

This is not the news I was hoping to wake up to. I like having monthly digital games, but it sounds like the current NA rotation is the last batch of that if they're going to be there until June. That bit in the NA press release could mean there are more downloadables coming in February along with the physical rewards being added, but it's vague enough that things could go either way.

I hope they can come up with some things I want, because gently caress, I'm sitting on maybe 2000 coins between my current coin balance and codes I was saving for the next platinum cycle but right now they don't have anything more appealing than the Smash poster set.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
They put up Kirby's Pinball Land like 5 times and never put up Kirby's Block Ball...

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have a few codes from Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby that I never redeemed, I guess it's pointless to wait now. Hopefully they put up worthwhile stuff next month

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Arm fatigue?

It's all in the wrist dude. The arm is completely slack.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
Heh, I was saving a bunch of codes to get a head start on platinum status next year. Guess it's time to blow my load.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

Are eShop purchases still earning coins until the cut-off date or is it strictly for codes from boxed copies now?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Funny, I had just been thinking about how I have a bunch of 3DS game boxes still sitting at my parents' house, and how I would need to go over and get them the next time I needed Club Nintendo coins for something. Guess it's time to go ahead and register everything now that I have no reason to sit on these!

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

13/f/cali posted:

I wonder what this will mean for platinum rewards for this year.

Too lazy to go copy/paste from the announcement, unless I was dreaming while asleep last night I think they said it will be a free Wii U or 3DS digital game like last year. For NA, at least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Looks like nobody's getting free Mewtwo in Smash anymore.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Did they say anything more about when they are going to release the "dozens and dozens" of VC games, or is it just "sometime in February?" I'm actually really annoyed about this, but for the first time the monthly game cycle has some titles that I want, like Super Metroid. Those games are obviously there until the end of the first half of the calender year, so I can certainly afford to wait patiently for the big wave. I just wondered if there were any specific details apart from February = lots o' games.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

Did they say anything more about when they are going to release the "dozens and dozens" of VC games, or is it just "sometime in February?" I'm actually really annoyed about this, but for the first time the monthly game cycle has some titles that I want, like Super Metroid. Those games are obviously there until the end of the first half of the calender year, so I can certainly afford to wait patiently for the big wave. I just wondered if there were any specific details apart from February = lots o' games.

"All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February."

That's it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Which alarmist "news" site did you pull that one from?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

greatn posted:

Which alarmist "news" site did you pull that one from?

Well, if Club Nintendo is gone, people won't be able to register new copies of Smash to get Mewtwo free. Also I wasn't 100% serious, calm down.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Still shows up in my "To-Do List" :shrug:.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, if Club Nintendo is gone, people won't be able to register new copies of Smash to get Mewtwo free. Also I wasn't 100% serious, calm down.

Isn't that a limited time deal anyway?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't know, I stopped caring when I couldn't register my copy of Smash 3DS.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know, I stopped caring when I couldn't register my copy of Smash 3DS.

Then by all means, keep speculating.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waffleman_ posted:

I was about to put my foot down

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So when does the pal UK store update?

An earlier post said that the Donkey Kong wii game would be available this week but it's not there yet.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mr E posted:

Still shows up in my "To-Do List" :shrug:.

Based on the context of the conversation, I think it was safe to assume that they were referring to once Club Nintendo actually ends...

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Son of Isaac posted:

"All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February."

That's it.

Fair enough; thought I missed something, but apparently not. I'll sit on my coins for a while and see what pops up. I have some surveys and such that I need to fill out, but once I finish my to-do list I will have nearly 1100 coins to spend. Once everything is up next month, I'll know what's on offer and I can go ahead and use them.

I was really chuffed when I got to Platinum status (buying a 3DS and being given a Wii U last year pretty much did it); I hope that I can still get Earthbound.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cloks posted:

Then by all means, keep speculating.

Jesus Christ, dude, it's just a Pokemon.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Yes, you can still get Mewtwo free before the end of March

God only knows when that DLC is actually coming, but I would assume before Club Nintendo actually expires so they can give it to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus Christ, dude, it's just a Pokemon.

Gotta catch em all, motherfucker.