Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Liver Disaster posted:

playing an mmo fuckin sucks what is this 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

playing an mmo with kb/m fuckin sucks what is this 2005
so tell me now how does eve online work with gamepad :allears:

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

kalstrams posted:

so tell me now how does eve online work with gamepad :allears:

pressing the guide button and playing a better game

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i dont work in excel with a gamepad so idk

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dont play mmos

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Liver Disaster posted:

i dont work in excel with a gamepad so idk

I read an article about them releasing an Elite Dangerous API so you can plug stuff into the game stats; someone replied in the discussion thread (regarding 10s of datapoints for every hyperspace jump and docking) 'But all this is just making it easier to do what successful pilots are already doing in their spreadsheets'

lolled

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my buddy is starting ffxiv which means i will fire it back up on levithan

couldn't make a char on excalibur after all this time but the support site guy told me 'just make a dummy character and have them make a spot for you' which i will try tonight

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I read an article about them releasing an Elite Dangerous API so you can plug stuff into the game stats; someone replied in the discussion thread (regarding 10s of datapoints for every hyperspace jump and docking) 'But all this is just making it easier to do what successful pilots are already doing in their spreadsheets'

lolled
can you link the article? last i remember from frontier was explicitly asking people not to break up the game to extract data, which ended up with people manually mapping stars into spreadsheet to make a tool for pathfinding that does not have severe limitations

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hubris.height posted:

couldn't make a char on excalibur after all this time but the support site guy told me 'just make a dummy character and have them make a spot for you' which i will try tonight

i started on excalibur, got a few levels in, and went back to jenova its so chill there

idk what it is maybe i have to remap the keys for movement or something but it just feels clumsy like
in tera you four way run by wasd and look around/turn/etc just by moving the mouse (which is why i can use the trackpoint and nobody notices)
the controller on ffxiv works the same way where kb/m is w for forward, a for sort of run left, d is for sort of run right, s is for slowly backstep and hold rmb to look around

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

kalstrams posted:

can you link the article? last i remember from frontier was explicitly asking people not to break up the game to extract data, which ended up with people manually mapping stars into spreadsheet to make a tool for pathfinding that does not have severe limitations

Sorry, official forum post, not article:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99437

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nah, it's cool, fd devs are good in terms of frank posting. nice move from them to take reigns of getting the data from client, if they take most of reasonable suggestions

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

kalstrams posted:

nah, it's cool, fd devs are good in terms of frank posting. nice move from them to take reigns of getting the data from client, if they take most of reasonable suggestions

I just want the option of piping the complete L&R side ship info screens onto either separate monitors attached to my PC, or realtime 2-way chat with a tablet touchscreen App (or two of them) so I can build a super-cockpit :cool:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blackula just go on kijiji, im sure some person is selling a lot of games for cheap, even if you just want madden

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

why does the ps vita thread have a banner ad? are they that desperate to get people to buy a vita and keep the platform alive?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

As a Millennial I posted:

why does the ps vita thread have a banner ad? are they that desperate to get people to buy a vita and keep the platform alive?

that reminds me, when was the last post in my pstv thread?

-checks-

oh....

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i guess i could just ask them, it's their fault i'm looking at their dumb thread

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

well, i could just tell you

yes, we are that desperate

please buy a vita

pleeeeeeease :negative:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

blizzard is now selling beta access to their dotalike for loving $40 because hey, everyone else is doing early access right?!

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/heroes-of-the-storm-founders-pack

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ill admit it, my vita gets its miles in for ps chat and netflix lately
when i pick up a ps4 itll do more remote stuff until i can be arsed to play something that isnt ffxiv (which ill be able to play on the vita)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

in case you dont read YVCPOS or the ps4 thread

plex is now officially out in the US, stream all your poo poo!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
if you have ps+ a vita is a good buy

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Yodzilla posted:

if you have ps+ a vita is a good buy

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

how well do the x-wing games control with a controller (xbox 360 or gamecube)?
probably really bad right :(
TIE Fighter plays really well with a 360 controller

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

blizzard is now selling beta access to their dotalike for loving $40 because hey, everyone else is doing early access right?!

and it brings them cash, so, well done blizzard
besides that, while the argument i am going to make does not matter and lmao if you buy into early access/preorders (e: for free game), actual value of invite is a few dollars considering how much things cost in in-game store

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

in case you dont read YVCPOS or the ps4 thread

plex is now officially out in the US, stream all your poo poo!

it already works really well in the browser, but this is good to know

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FOUNDERS

loving sucker all those losers who love hoarding their glory over others

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

srsly can't think of another reason though

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

srsly can't think of another reason though

people spent money to link to gay rear end threads often so im not really that surprised about the vita thing even though buying money to advertise a thread sounds like the dumbest poo poo on the solar system and pluto is already receiving the transmissions of Viva Laughlin from that one nasa project

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

arf whered your av go buddy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

i was banned for referencing the origin story of a smiley

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

BAN 01/19/15 11:21pm ArfJason FYAD poo poo in QCS. Ralp Ralp

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

nigga steve stole it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ArfJason posted:

i was banned for referencing the origin story of a smiley

thats hosed up

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

HotS is pissgarbage. Like insanely horrible even by dotalike standards.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hubris.height posted:

If you can log on in between 6-8am EST you should be able to make one.

Also FFXIV is unironically a good game and has fabulous gay weddings.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

all the wedding screenshots are AMAZING but im not gonna go to a strangers wedding to see one in action so i have to wait for my fc to start RPing more or do it myself

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

do you still get your own little house with a moogle?

in ff11 between jobs i shamelessly spent a fuckton of time in that drat game, it was second to dark age of camelot in capturing that "this is a world that lives and breathes" (similar to UO and EQ)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

idk about the moogle, for now i only have a hotel room but i think since my server's low rate i could buy myself a good sized house or just get a room in the guild mansion

its not the same, you don't get to decorate your free issue room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Liver Disaster posted:

ill admit it, my vita gets its miles in for ps chat and netflix lately
when i pick up a ps4 itll do more remote stuff until i can be arsed to play something that isnt ffxiv (which ill be able to play on the vita)

is there a youtube app yet?

• Locked thread