Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Fart Pipe posted:

I never thought Id think any Lexus would look cool but drat.

Nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Totally needed the good ol' Jeep to tackle those paved roads

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
My buddy shot a cool rolling shot in the snow

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Quality shot. Quality post.
How long is the boom on that rig?! I need to dig mine out.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What the gently caress thats awesome.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

GramCracker posted:

My buddy shot a cool rolling shot in the snow

Other than the plate and plate surround, that legit looks like a manufacturer promo shot. Handjobs all around.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Thanks for the compliments everyone, much appreciated. I wish I could take credit for the shot itself, but I have to give that to my friend Matt who randomly snapped it with his DSLR. Truly one of those "1 in a thousand" shots!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's just s pan?! loving hell. I'm on my phone but it looks like a really good rig shot from here. Goddamn.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Bape Culture posted:

It's just s pan?! loving hell. I'm on my phone but it looks like a really good rig shot from here. Goddamn.

Yup, crazy right?! I drove past him and he had the camera out his window with the neck strap wrapped around his arm. Crazy lucky shot.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Is that an S3? Hell of a photo. He should try selling it to Audi; they'd probably love to edit the plate out and put that up on their site.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
GTV on studs. Should be gone on Saturday.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

After some broheim dickweed totaled my wife's car, I passed her the newer, nicer Prius and bought an older 4Runner.

2000 2WD Limited, 155k. Paid $4800. I've wanted one for a million years and with basic maintenance they will generally run forever.

One owner, minor cosmetic damage.

Putting in an aftermarket trans cooler this weekend to avoid pink milkshake, and going to ride on and on and on and on....

I like it. :3:

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

It's been a long week, felt like taking in some scenery down Highway 88 so I ducked out early and did just that.

Blame Pyrrhus fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 24, 2015

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
lovely cellphone pic of out from of my grandparents place, but it's the first time the STi had been more than 20 miles from home in probably a year. I forget how fun this car is to drive outside of the city to more than just a few meets.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
I've been casually posting here for a long time and didn't know you had an actual non-just-gently caress-around-car. Cool.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Mcqueen posted:

I've been casually posting here for a long time and didn't know you had an actual non-just-gently caress-around-car. Cool.

Yep I'm up to 7 cars and a motorcycle as of now. You should check out my orange thins thread for all of my non bosozoku projects. It is full of new truck stuff right now since I got the bumpers painted today.

I'm not sure if I posted this here of just FB. This pic from right after I got the new truck and contains of all my orange things.

The fiat is dirty and the vinyl is faded after 2.5 years in the AZ sun. It was once the same color as the STi, but it stays in the garage.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Fiat is the DD, right? How is it holding up after 2.5 years and X miles?

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Pillbug
I've seen that Fiat around town here. Is it bad that I recognized it from my lurking in AI?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

GramCracker posted:

Fiat is the DD, right? How is it holding up after 2.5 years and X miles?

No problems in 34,000 miles other than hitting something in the road hard enough to bend the strut and control arm. But I have to say it took it well for how hard it hit.

Linux Nazi posted:

I've seen that Fiat around town here. Is it bad that I recognized it from my lurking in AI?

Hehe only one of its kind. I didn't know there were any other Tucson guys but mafoose.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpxgSJVpXns

Starting up the imp after getting it all taxed, MOT'd, insured and washed. It's all road legal and I'm just having to learn how to drive all over again (manual choke, 50-year-old-not-very-good-synchro issues. also my first RWD and rear engine).

Would an ongoing project car like this be threadworthy? There's a lot of bodywork and weather-sealing that needs doing fairly soon, but other than that it runs perfectly.

e; it's a 1969 hillman imp super (875cc)

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Pillbug

Holdbrooks posted:

No problems in 34,000 miles other than hitting something in the road hard enough to bend the strut and control arm. But I have to say it took it well for how hard it hit.

Hehe only one of its kind. I didn't know there were any other Tucson guys but mafoose.

I could swear I've seen it up here in Phoenix on the 101. Months back.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Linux Nazi posted:

I could swear I've seen it up here in Phoenix on the 101. Months back.

Oh yeah I'm up in phx all the time since my grand parents live up there.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Starting up the imp after getting it all taxed, MOT'd, insured and washed. It's all road legal and I'm just having to learn how to drive all over again (manual choke, 50-year-old-not-very-good-synchro issues. also my first RWD and rear engine).

Would an ongoing project car like this be threadworthy? There's a lot of bodywork and weather-sealing that needs doing fairly soon, but other than that it runs perfectly.

That's pretty cool to see an old Imp given a second life. Does it have the vacuum accelerator mechanism in it, or are there aftermarket cable kits?

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
Bought a $500 Volvo wagon

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Took a drive on a nice summer day over the weekend

300zx summer by Raikyn, on Flickr

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Thats cool as hell. Sounds like it runs great too. Im also wondering about the air powered throttle since I never knew it existed until a couple weeks ago when someone in AI mentioned it.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

You Am I posted:

That's pretty cool to see an old Imp given a second life. Does it have the vacuum accelerator mechanism in it, or are there aftermarket cable kits?

Fart Pipe posted:

Thats cool as hell. Sounds like it runs great too. Im also wondering about the air powered throttle since I never knew it existed until a couple weeks ago when someone in AI mentioned it.

That mk1 imp was fitted with the air throttle as well as an automatic choke. Both those things were dropped in the Mk2 (you can guess why) in favor of a more traditional cable throttle and manual choke setup. Mine is an 'imp super' which is an mk2 imp with the word 'super' scrawled on it in some attempt to make it more sporty sounding.

The engine runs sweet as a nut and is totally original to the car, which is quite rare on a car known for warping blocks. I'll likely write up a thread after work.

GoodbyeTurtles fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 26, 2015

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Its winter post snowed up rides itt

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Torn Quad Jones posted:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

OK

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

loving chavs and their parking lot circlejerks :argh:

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

oh, I thought you said 'salted up rides'.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

triple clutcher posted:

oh, I thought you said 'salted up rides'.

RIP

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Torn Quad Jones posted:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

The question is not "But what the hell are you going to use it for?" - the question is "What CAN'T I use it for?"

:911:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Friar Zucchini posted:

The question is not "But what the hell are you going to use it for?" - the question is "What CAN'T I use it for?"

Winning fuel efficiency contests?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Friar Zucchini posted:

Getting more than 15mpg on the highway?

e:f,b

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

Winning fuel efficiency contests?
Sure, as long as I'm fighting one with the 8.1 or a V10 Excursion :v:

That 6.0 really sips fuel though, about as much as I sip alcohol. (i.e. chugs it) But hey, it goes like a bat out of hell. And yes, I have low standards - the last Suburban I had was about the same on gas but the gas pedal was an on/off switch unless you like to creep around at 20mph.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 28, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Theres a ford explorer under there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Heated underground parking means I lose by default.