Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

As a parent of a two year old girl, I am so sorry.

That's why you have alcohol present and turn it into a drinking game that only you're aware of. Any time you hear tinker in reference to bell/the other tinkerers/etc. take a drink/shot/what have you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nah man I took a drink every time they mentioned blue pixie dust.

I'm still drunk.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

keykey posted:

Haha, fair enough. I'm 6', my wife is 5'5, but the men on her side of the family are like 5'4-5'6. So pretty much midget status by dude standards.
Sad but true. We do fit in race cars and karts a hell of a lot better though.

Shop called, my wheel hubs are done. Guess I'm rebuilding rear axles tonight...should be a greasy mess. He primarily does welding and now I'm thinking about bringing him the headers I have to see if he could make something better. He also does a lot of turbo work :getin:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo. I've made over twenty thousand posts on these forums in the past 14 years.

While I can never run for president because of that, I'm pretty sure that's a notable achievement.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CornHolio posted:

While I can never run for president because of that, I'm pretty sure that's a notable achievement.

Press has too much dirt on you.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
He needs tp for his bunghole.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

He needs tp for his bunghole.

Not even tp can fix that mess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Super haggard super rare jag going through copart in less than an hour and it's only at $200

http://ww2.copart.com/us/Lot/16171411?searchId=1367441357

why does it have to be so far away :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Super haggard super rare jag going through copart in less than an hour and it's only at $200

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress ME gently caress gently caress gently caress.

I was less than an hour from that this weekend.

gently caress

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Powershift posted:

Best Part...

quote:

Primary Damage ALL OVER

WTF How did I not know about that site?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Is there any possible way in which that thing isn't going to end up as a LeMons racer?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Is there any possible way in which that thing isn't going to end up as a LeMons racer?

It's worth over 60 grand restored, there might be enough money in that to actually do it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The outside body work isnt awful, but yeah that car is so far gone. But yeah, lemons racer for sure. Or make it a rat rod.

When do we discuss the ending of the last venture brothers episode?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
People have restored cars from a rusty piece of metal with a vin on it.

This is no where near too far gone.

If anything, the interior build is better than when it left the factory.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

This is no where near too far gone.

If anything, the interior build is better than when it left the factory.

Englishcraftsmanship.txt

Speaking of copart - I have been eyeing the bentley section. If it wasn't such a whore to get parts I would totally own one. Bentley 6.75? :getin:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Englishcraftsmanship.txt

Speaking of copart - I have been eyeing the bentley section. If it wasn't such a whore to get parts I would totally own one. Bentley 6.75? :getin:

Anything special needed to buy a shitbox from there? I need more projects lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

depends on state/car title.

Some states/provinces require you have a dealers license to buy salvage title vehicles. most salvage auctions will still let the public bid on clean title stuff.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Copart and IAAI are the two salvage sites that I've bought all my cars from over the last 20 years, through my dad's dealership. He's retiring and I don't know what I'm going to do. I mean, I'll probably sign up for a public membership but you're restricted from bidding on most cars.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

In California at least a private party can be a "dealer" out of their garage. The guy I bought my last motorcycle from was set up that way -- he'd buy, tune up and resell a couple of cars a month, but that was it. He was able to file all the registration paperwork himself just as if I'd bought the bike from a brick-and-mortar dealer, etc. Look into that?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BrokenKnucklez posted:

The outside body work isnt awful, but yeah that car is so far gone. But yeah, lemons racer for sure. Or make it a rat rod.

When do we discuss the ending of the last venture brothers episode?

Those Jags are awful, stick a LS1 in it.

The special fro Venture Brothers was loving awesome. Season 6 is set up brilliantly

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

The special fro Venture Brothers was loving awesome. Season 6 is set up brilliantly

I thought they were ending VB? :ohdear:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

That's usually old cars worth a poo poo load of money, in the old car world 60k is nothing. I hope it end up as a Chump/Lemons racer.

Sagebrush posted:

In California at least a private party can be a "dealer" out of their garage. The guy I bought my last motorcycle from was set up that way -- he'd buy, tune up and resell a couple of cars a month, but that was it. He was able to file all the registration paperwork himself just as if I'd bought the bike from a brick-and-mortar dealer, etc. Look into that?
It varies by state but I think it's just a case of meet requirements, do some paperwork and hand over some cash to get a dealership license. Friend looked into it last summer but he didn't have enough space so couldn't do it.

Tennessee requirements

quote:

An approved building facility physically separate from all other buildings, with office furniture and a working telephone (cell or mobile phone not acceptable as primary line).
A vehicle display area large enough to fit 15 vehicles.
To meet the sign requirements of a minimum letter height (per ordinance), permanently installed, and visible from the road.
Enough space for 3 parking spots dedicated to customers.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

gently caress snap rings. That is all.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

I thought they were ending VB? :ohdear:

Well we have another season at least :D

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Maybe I could replace my E30 with a 190e?
http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/4850443997.html

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
An auto 4-pot 190E? They're somewhat less than exciting.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Korwen posted:

gently caress snap rings. That is all.

You mean Jesus clips? 'Cause it usually goes like: *ping* "AH JESUS" and then it's gone.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

You mean Jesus clips? 'Cause it usually goes like: *ping* "AH JESUS" and then it's gone.

Take a thin file, and cut grooves into your snapon ring pliers. Problem solved.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

InitialDave posted:

An auto 4-pot 190E? They're somewhat less than exciting.

I'm coming from an automatic eta and I think I've reached my excitement quota for a while

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

rscott posted:

Maybe I could replace my E30 with a 190e?
http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/4850443997.html

THAT PHONE. :vince:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

keykey posted:

THAT PHONE. :vince:

You may not purchase this car unless you can demonstrate prior ownership of a sufficient quantity of power suits, yellow ties, and suspenders.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

gently caress shops...that is all. Are these salvageable or do I need to wait for a set from Germany?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yes, the threads past the locking hole are of much lower importance. A small file should let you straighten them up enough to get a nut on them if you don't have a die the right size.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Either that or a re-threading die should work just fine.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 218 days!)

Someone in contact with Splizwarf please tell him to (re)send me his address so I can send him some rubber booties that I found for his tablet. :3: Thanks.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh my god I cannot wait to get my own place again. You'd think my roomies would know better than to run heater + microwave or multiple heaters, having been repeatedly told that it trips the circuits due to the lovely ancient wiring in this house. Nope. I swear they loving do it at least once a week :argh:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Yes, the threads past the locking hole are of much lower importance. A small file should let you straighten them up enough to get a nut on them if you don't have a die the right size.

keykey posted:

Either that or a re-threading die should work just fine.
drat that's a relief. Friend thinks he has the right size die and he has a thread file as well.

T1g4h posted:

Oh my god I cannot wait to get my own place again. You'd think my roomies would know better than to run heater + microwave or multiple heaters, having been repeatedly told that it trips the circuits due to the lovely ancient wiring in this house. Nope. I swear they loving do it at least once a week :argh:
HAHA roommates don't learn like that, they just learn how to gently caress up things in a new and exciting way.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

HAHA roommates don't learn like that, they just learn how to gently caress up things in a new and exciting way.

God, you don't even know the half of it. You should see the disaster area that is our kitchen some nights. Or the burn marks and carvings on my old coffee table.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

Or the burn marks and carvings on my old coffee table.

...carvings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

...carvings?

Yeeeah. Roomie's g/f decided since she had already accidentally burned it, she might as well just carve her and my roomie's initials in it. Then I pointed out that was my old coffee table and that was kind of a hosed up thing to do.

• Locked thread