Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Scyantific posted:

Info on tomorrow's midseason premiere

Episode 13 is called "The Nuclear Man."

They're bringing the dude from Heroes back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like a kid in a candy store. Flash, Captain Cold and Heatwave are going to do battle on TV tomorrow.

I'm setting my standards to very high!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Scyantific posted:

Info on tomorrow's midseason premiere

Episode 13 is called "The Nuclear Man." And more Clancy Brown! :flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

El hombre Atómica!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Interview with Amell and Garber about playing Firestorm

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Also what's this Justice League cartoon everyone keeps referring to? I've seen some clips of one on youtube but haven't ever caught the show. I may as well internet it and check it out, but which is the best version of the show?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

mcswizzle posted:

Also what's this Justice League cartoon everyone keeps referring to? I've seen some clips of one on youtube but haven't ever caught the show. I may as well internet it and check it out, but which is the best version of the show?

Watch pretty much everything from Batman: The Animated Series up to Justice League Unlimited. It encompasses thirteen years' worth of shows and most of the DC universe.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

mcswizzle posted:

Batman: The Animated Series
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: Subzero
The New Batman Adventures
Superman: The Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker film
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

There are other DTVs for both Batman and Superman, but they aren't very good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mcswizzle posted:

Specifically, there's "Justice League" which is terrible first season and excellent second season, and focuses on more or less the core guys and gals of JLA. Then there's JLU which is two excellent seasons that does episodes about all kinds of superheroes and villains.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Young Justice is fantastic too, and has a lot of Barry, Wally and Bart. Absolutely no reason it shouldn't be on that list.

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

Ville Valo posted:

Young Justice is fantastic too, and has a lot of Barry, Wally and Bart. Absolutely no reason it shouldn't be on that list.

Indeed. Although the last few episodes felt a bit rushed.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Batman: The Animated Series
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: Subzero
The New Batman Adventures
Superman: The Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker film
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

There are other DTVs for both Batman and Superman, but they aren't very good.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll be on the lookout for this stuff.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I also recommend Green Lantern the Animated Series because once you get beyond the CGI art style its really fun and its a shame the terrible Green Lantern film killed it in the long run.

zoux posted:

Specifically, there's "Justice League" which is terrible first season and excellent second season, and focuses on more or less the core guys and gals of JLA. Then there's JLU which is two excellent seasons that does episodes about all kinds of superheroes and villains.
Was the time travel to WWII episode a season 1 two parter? Because that one was excellent.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I also recommend Green Lantern the Animated Series because once you get beyond the CGI art style its really fun and its a shame the terrible Green Lantern film killed it in the long run.

Was the time travel to WWII episode a season 1 two parter? Because that one was excellent.

Yeah I guess except the Nazis invented tech that could handle Superman with ease.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Ville Valo posted:

I was thinking of in-universe, but I absolutely love Young Justice and I am full of regret not mentioning it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mcswizzle posted:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll be on the lookout for this stuff.

Also that list is one long continuity, its just slightly out of order with Batman Beyond appearing earlier than in universe.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

zoux posted:

Yeah I guess except the Nazis invented tech that could handle Superman with ease.
Well they had help from Vandal Savage from the future telling past Vandal Savage how to defeat the allies with future tech

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Well they had help from Vandal Savage from the future telling past Vandal Savage how to defeat the allies with future tech

Superman jobbing to everyone was one of the many problems with JL season one but they fixed it pretty quickly in season 2 and now we are getting way off topic. The point is if you are like "UH, this cartoon sucks" it gets a million times better.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

zoux posted:

Superman jobbing to everyone was one of the many problems with JL season one but they fixed it pretty quickly in season 2 and now we are getting way off topic. The point is if you are like "UH, this cartoon sucks" it gets a million times better.

Yeah, the creators explained it as as a holdover from Superman TAS, since there, they could have Superman get beat up a bit, and then get back up for a heroic turnaround. In JL, they would do the first half, but then normally replaced the latter half with another hero stepping up to the plate, which often left Supes shortchanged.

Though speaking of, looks like the team aimed high on tonight's episode.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zoux posted:

And despite the show becoming very continuity heavy down the road, the entire first season can be flushed like the turd it is and you lose absolutely nothing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

Yeah, the creators explained it as as a holdover from Superman TAS, since there, they could have Superman get beat up a bit, and then get back up for a heroic turnaround. In JL, they would do the first half, but then normally replaced the latter half with another hero stepping up to the plate, which often left Supes shortchanged.

Though speaking of, looks like the team aimed high on tonight's episode.
Not as bad as what happens to Martian Manhunter who I think most of his scenes involves him screaming and getting knocked out because he's a really OP hero

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there a new episode tonight? My guide has New by it at 8pm on CTV.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a new episode tonight? My guide has New by it at 8pm on CTV.

Yes! :flashfap:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Revenge of the Rogues is airing at 8/7c

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Superman and Flash both get pointed out that they're holding back. Manhunter does a number of tricks that involve him losing at first but end up being part of a larger plan.

I think Static Shock is considered accompanying the DCAU, right?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

McTimmy posted:

Superman and Flash both get pointed out that they're holding back. Manhunter does a number of tricks that involve him losing at first but end up being part of a larger plan.

Yeah, he even shows up in an episode.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

McTimmy posted:

I want to say yes but they had an episode where Karl Malone, Steve Nash and some other players were bonafide cyborg superheroes, so I don't know.

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

Yeah, he even shows up in an episode.

There was also a Static Shock episode featuring Batman&Robin and one were he and his sidekick have to fix the JL Watchtower.

englerp fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 21, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

McTimmy posted:

In a weird way. Early on, the show was separate, but then it started being used as kind of a companion series - i imagine since Justice League dealt in mostly 'full time' superheroics (even for the characters with secret identities), whilst Static was lower scale and still had the easy character exploration for teens.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
This is making me kind of hopeful that the live action Blue Beetle show might be re-considered cause the concept trailer for it was actually pretty cool and I love any excuse for some power armor and more spacey stories. He could be the second-strong Green Lantern to Arrow's second string Batman and so on.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

achillesforever6 posted:

Not as bad as what happens to Martian Manhunter who I think most of his scenes involves him screaming and getting knocked out because he's a really OP hero

The one episode where J'onn fights the entirety of the Suicide Squad and just owns them all is great

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, we are back.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
STRAP YOURSELVES ONTO MR COLD'S WILD RIDE, THREAD

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
poo poo they should just use that thing to fight crime.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Okay, that kicked rear end!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
That's a lot of burgers

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wells teasing at getting up, but that whole sequence was awesome

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Stylish as hell.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Holy poo poo Captain Cold is trying to call out the Flash, nice.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Wells teasing at getting up, but that whole sequence was awesome

I missed the opening sequence :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
And we Snart once again. Yessss.