Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
We should all be thanking the creators for there not being any massive Treister Hulk Dongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is Brock's dong uncensored on the season 2 DVDs?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you ain't a fan of big floppy animated dongs you ain't a fan of Venture Bros. :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Adding on to that theory about Billy being a son of Jonas Venture, I've got a pet theory that the Monarch is too. He did get around and the monarchs parents did visit the compound at least once.

It's a long shot for now, but then again I was right about the orb story line being a setup by Molotov and her team.

Edit: I keep forgetting to type out the entire thought before hitting post. I don't catch it during proofreading either. :-/

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

If you ain't a fan of big floppy animated dongs you ain't a fan of Venture Bros. :colbert:

Rusty wasn't

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

RandomPauI posted:

Adding on to that theory about Billy being a son of Jonas Venture, I've got a pet theory that the Monarch is too. He did get around and the monarchs parents did visit the compound at least once.

Yeahhhhh that's going to be awkward

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

We should all be thanking the creators for there not being any massive Treister Hulk Dongs.

Wait for the dvd/blu-ray before saying this for sure.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

axleblaze posted:

Wait for the dvd/blu-ray before saying this for sure.

Nah, Treister's flag got swaddled around his nether regions when he hulked out, there's no way they would spend more than $10 to animate those scenes two different ways.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

RandomPauI posted:

It's a long shot for now, but then again I was right about the orb story line being a setup by Molotov and her team.

I dont think Monarch and Rusty being brothers is a long shot at all - I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I watched it on my phone no problem and I live in Quebec. Maybe phones are a blind spot.

I'm in the UK, so a bit further afield; that's probably why.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I managed to watch it fine without a VPN or anything, I have adblock installed too so maybe it's just as simple as that

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

That was an amazing hour of television. So much payoff from all previous seasons.

Did they hint at Colonel Gentleman's distrust of robots stemming from Vendata or am I forgetting some other robot related shenanigans?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Worked for me in Ireland.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn that was good, so good. The way all the separate plots came together was great, especially seeing yet another Killinger masterplan pulled off to perfection. Ending it with everybody at the funeral humming along to Crash Test Dummies was pretty drat great too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Winklebottom posted:

That was an amazing hour of television. So much payoff from all previous seasons.

Did they hint at Colonel Gentleman's distrust of robots stemming from Vendata or am I forgetting some other robot related shenanigans?

He's an old fashioned kind of guy!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The robot just abruptly saving him as he's trying to make his big dramatic self-sacrifice speech was hilarious.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Winklebottom posted:

Maybe the same reason Archer hates robots.

its probably exactly that.

I mean, its Colonel Gentleman. It definitely has a sexual component.

Electron Sponge
Dec 18, 2006

Mister Wonderful

Sash! posted:

Maybe the same reason Archer hates robots.

its probably exactly that.

I mean, its Colonel Gentleman. It definitely has a sexual component.

Either way, it's a potential exposition point. We'll probably see it in season 11 through the microchips that were implanted in our brains during the Great Singularity of 2027.

I know, that's crazy talk. There's no way we get 11 seasons by 2027.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

We'll be lucky to have 7 by then :sigh:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

The robot just abruptly saving him as he's trying to make his big dramatic self-sacrifice speech was hilarious.
Can you gif that please?

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
In all the hubbub about the Crash Test Dummies song, we seem to have forgotten "THAT TALKING HEAD IS BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Can you gif that please?

Will gif a bunch of stuff in a couple of hours (after the State of the Union) so if anybody wants anything else, just say so.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Rhonne posted:

When the Investors showed up, my first thought was "These guys seem stupidly powerful, how is anyone supposed to stop them?" Then Killinger killed them with ease. :allears:

I like that Killinger is a bad guy but one with *principles*.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh my god, JJ is wearing a little admiral's uniform from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. And his security guys are wearing the same uniforms as the Federation Security goons in Search For Spock. Right down to the Gargantua logo, which looks a lot like the little Federation logo they had on their sleeves.

Also, Hank is going to be the best spy. He beat all the other spies at baccarat.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Does "inadvertently burning down the Venture compound" count as the Monarch's most successful arching attempt? Since that's pretty archvillain-y

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh god, the look on Hank's face as Amber sits on his lap in the spaceplane at the end.

Vira
Mar 6, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

If the video just isnt playing it might not be your region, I had to use a different browser. I'm not sure what add-block add on I have on chrome but it wouldn't play because of it.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Watched this a day late and this is still my favorite thing on TV :allears:.

Watch and Ward always slay me. "I found a cheat code for standing!"

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Does "inadvertently burning down the Venture compound" count as the Monarch's most successful arching attempt? Since that's pretty archvillain-y

I don't know if it was that inadvertent. He said something about how you can't expect him to go to the Venture compound and not do a little arching, and that was a lot of fire.

Maybe the entire place burning down was like a best case scenario, and the worst case scenario was an annoying big fire.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MichiganCubbie posted:

I don't know if it was that inadvertent. He said something about how you can't expect him to go to the Venture compound and not do a little arching, and that was a lot of fire.

Maybe the entire place burning down was like a best case scenario, and the worst case scenario was an annoying big fire.
Yeah I'm pretty sure he set down some gas in that butterfly pattern or something before taking off.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

That was great because any other show that would be a little one-off gag, but right when I was about to forget it happened they cut back to half the compound on fire. Amazing.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Kesper North posted:

Oh god, the look on Hank's face as Amber sits on his lap in the spaceplane at the end.

Totally missed this but I don't doubt it.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

JT Jag posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure he set down some gas in that butterfly pattern or something before taking off.

Oh, he absolutely did, with the gas can that he had. I meant that the compound burning down may have just been a side effect bonus that wasn't planned.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Jerusalem posted:

Will gif a bunch of stuff in a couple of hours (after the State of the Union) so if anybody wants anything else, just say so.

Killinger turning in the chair and saying "not you" obviously.

A last "Go team Venture" V between the two brothers, right before JJ flies away.

Rusty instantly passing out when he's told about his inheritance.

Sovereign in bird form falling to the ground, maybe mix the shot fired in the air with the bird falling down.

Aside from that, use your judgment as always, gifmaster J-Ru.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Is "Chairman Wao's" a reference to The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Angular Landbury posted:

Is "Chairman Wao's" a reference to The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao?

:china:

But yeah, before that I thought it was supposed to be Chairman Wow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Made more gifs than I thought I would, so I figured I'd just link to the upload folder instead rather than post all 25 on the one page.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

Totally missed this but I don't doubt it.

So smug.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Red posted:

1. Dr. Henry Killinger
2. Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
3. Dr. Z
4. Dragoon
5. Red Mantle
6. Dr. Phineas Phage
7. Phantom Limb
8. Watch
9. Ward
It's a safe bet that Trianna's friend Kim will make her reappearance as a Council Member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Oh man, what an episode. I watched it on the Adult Swim site from the UK without even realising it was supposed to be geolocked.

Did anybody else catch that the Monarch and 21 weren't in any danger at all? The autopilot in that rocket would have (tried to) take them to Gargantua 1.

I actually went Aww at the end when Orpheus gave Dean Mr Reachey. :3:

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 21, 2015