Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I am down as hell.

edit: I'm playing Thought Lash, but I'm unsure of the list because I need to test with some cards I normally can't afford to use.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
wanna play with this pile:
4 Plague Spitter
4 Dark Ritual
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Chrome Mox
4 Trinisphere
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Necroplasm
4 Pack Rat
4 Desecration Demon
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
16 Swamp
1 Lake of the Dead
4 Chainer's Edict
4 Hymn to Tourach
SB: 3 Perish
SB: 4 Unmask
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
SB: 4 Mindbreak Trap

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
GottaPayDaTrollToll is already playing Shardless BUG, and everyone's on different lists so far (aww yeah legacy, most diverse format) so here's Shardless Bant. it's kind of niche so i'll probably do a brief deck tech some time before this weekend. (people remember thopter-sword from extended, right??)

Maindeck:
2 Noble Hierarch
3 Stoneforge Mystic
4 Shardless Agent

1 Batterskull
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Sword of the Meek

3 Thopter Foundry

4 Brainstorm
3 Ancestral Vision
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Dig Through Time
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Enlightened Tutor

4 Force of Will
3 Swords to Plowshares
1 Council's Judgment
1 Detention Sphere
1 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Engineered Explosives

4 Flooded Strand
3 Misty Rainforest
3 Windswept Heath

2 Tundra
2 Tropical Island
1 Savannah

1 Karakas
1 Academy Ruins
1 Moorland Haunt

1 Island
1 Forest
1 Plains

Sideboard:
2 Ethersworn Canonist
2 Meddling Mage
1 Containment Priest

2 Flusterstorm
2 Supreme Verdict
2 Rest In Peace
1 Krosan Grip
1 Seal of Primordium
1 Detention Sphere
1 Ancestral Vision
1 Muddle the Mixture

e: decks need lands, most of the time. whoops!

a dozen swans fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 20, 2015

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

dogsupremacy posted:

wanna play with this pile:
4 Plague Spitter
4 Dark Ritual
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Chrome Mox
4 Trinisphere
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Necroplasm
4 Pack Rat
4 Desecration Demon
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
16 Swamp
1 Lake of the Dead
4 Chainer's Edict
4 Hymn to Tourach
SB: 3 Perish
SB: 4 Unmask
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
SB: 4 Mindbreak Trap

:patriot:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I've personally love RUG since it was "Canadian Threshold" with Werebears and poo poo, which is why I'm running it but God bless each and every one of you who had the ability to run anything and still just chose whatever you loved instead of what won the last SCG event.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I used to play WG threshold with bears and MYSTIC ENFORCER baby

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
I've played a total of 3 games of Legacy. Let's do this.

Gonna play D&T or Lands.dec, not sure which. I love the idea of Lands, but seems pretty non-interactive in the couple games I goldfished it.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Wow, we're getting a really great turnout for the First Annual McMagic's Balls Memorial Tournament. :getin:

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I've personally love RUG since it was "Canadian Threshold" with Werebears and poo poo, which is why I'm running it but God bless each and every one of you who had the ability to run anything and still just chose whatever you loved instead of what won the last SCG event.

When I first started playing Legacy, one of my friends blew out on RUG Delver, and I would repeatedly humiliate him with my stupid loving robots. ("How much did you pay for that green guy? Really? Why can't he attack into my two-dollar three drop?") Now I am incapable of playing other Legacy decks, or Modern robots.

Btw, God Bless all of you who will cast an Ad Nauseam against me. You're my brave little soldiers.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Snacksmaniac posted:

I used to play WG threshold with bears and MYSTIC ENFORCER baby

Mystic Enforcer was a beast and I have fond memories of playing WUG Thresh in 1.5 and early Legacy before I switched over to Canadian Threshold like everyone else. I still missed having a giant flying finisher though and creature quality back then was kind of rough so there was actually a point at which I was running 2x Fledgling Dragon (and they weren't always awful!).

Still haven't decided what I'm going to play. I mostly play BUG Delver in real life but with the online format I'm thinking it'd be fun to do something like D&T or Dark Maverick. Or maybe I'll go back to my first love and try to revive Meathooks.dec*.

*probably not

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yeah we have 35 people and therefore 6 rounds!!!!

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

muon posted:

I've played a total of 3 games of Legacy. Let's do this.

Gonna play D&T or Lands.dec, not sure which. I love the idea of Lands, but seems pretty non-interactive in the couple games I goldfished it.

43 Lands/Eternal Garden is neat but if you want a land-based deck with options then check out either Jund Depths (kenneth haas' list is older but still solid) or R(u)G turbo-Depths (blue splash for intuition and tolaria west). D&T is a deck that rewards knowledge of little tricks and niche plays, so if you don't have a ton of experience and don't want to keep a primer open in another window I'd go with your heart and play lands!

(make sure your sideboard has options for fast combo decks. they will crush you if you're not prepared.)

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

If you're gonna play lands play RG lands. I did very well with it at colombus. I can post the list if you need it.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 20, 2015

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

They're actually really really low, native Java apps aren't very taxing on a computer, and the whole thing being open-sourced is encouraging a lot of people to build it up and keep performance low, since they know one of MTGO's biggest barriers is having such high requirements.

Actually, now that you mention it...

:siren: Not every card has been fully implemented on XMage :siren: The full list is here http://ct-magefree.rhcloud.com/stats, you should probably check it to make sure that your decklist will actually work the way you think it will.

That list is giving me an error message, is it working for anyone else? I'd like to make sure Thought Lash works before I play it.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
there's a comma on the end: http://ct-magefree.rhcloud.com/stats

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Chamale posted:

That list is giving me an error message, is it working for anyone else? I'd like to make sure Thought Lash works before I play it.

Looks like it isn't. I don't think they have anything with cumulative upkeep at all...

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

Looks like it isn't. I don't think they have anything with cumulative upkeep at all...

Glacial Chasm works fine.

Most of the cards that are relevant for legacy work unless it's some super obscure card that never sees play. You can implement it yourself though if you know java or just post on the x-mage forums requesting it.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Glad I stuck with Delver and not my jank miracles build, considering Luminesce isn't implemented.
:negative:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This is just like my Drafna's Restoration deck that I can't play on Magic Online :(

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

I think I've got a deck that all the cards are implemented for. I'm in.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

a dozen swans posted:

GottaPayDaTrollToll is already playing Shardless BUG, and everyone's on different lists so far (aww yeah legacy, most diverse format) so here's Shardless Bant. it's kind of niche so i'll probably do a brief deck tech some time before this weekend. (people remember thopter-sword from extended, right??)
I would be pretty cool if everyone was on different decks. My heart tells me to play doomsday, but I might do something else just to be different.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Can I still get in on this?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Still haven't bothered to download or figure out XMage but if we're not starting right away then gently caress it I'm staying in. Probably playing this budget POS that I'm trying to build in real life but I haven't decided yet-

Name: Police State
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
9 Plains
2 Karakas
4 Ballyrush Banneret
3 Captain of the Watch
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Chrome Mox
4 Daru Warchief
4 Enlistment Officer
4 Field Marshal
2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
1 Precinct Captain
4 Preeminent Captain
4 Suppression Field
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Sideboard:
3 Ethersworn Canonist
3 Council's Judgement
4 Kor Firewalker
4 Rest in Peace
1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

E: Or Leylines :jiggled:
E2: Commander Eesha and Holy Light aren't on XMage, so I switched things around a bit.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 24, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

always be closing posted:

Can I still get in on this?

you're in

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Thanks!

ill be playing Pox

e- updated list!

e2- for real this time

always be closing fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 25, 2015

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Yeah sure. I'm bringing Martial Law, aka Soldier Tribal:
e: Son of a bitch I leave this window open for awhile while I do something else and someone else brings essentially the same thing.

2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
4 Daru Warchief
4 Captain of the Watch
4 Enlistment Officer
4 Field Marshal
4 Preeminent Captain
4 Ballyrush Banneret
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Chrome Mox
4 Suppression Field
8 Plains
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
2 Karakas

Sideboard:
1 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Rest in Peace
4 Leyline of Sanctity
3 Oblivion Ring
3 Armageddon

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League
Gonna go with Joe Lossett's Miracles:

1 Dig Through Time
4 Terminus
2 Entreat the Angels
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 Scalding Tarn
1 Spell Pierce
2 Arid Mesa
2 Relic of Progenitus
3 Vendilion Clique
1 Venser, Shaper Savant
4 Counterbalance
4 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Flooded Strand
1 Mountain
2 Plains
5 Island
2 Counterspell
4 Brainstorm
3 Force of Will
2 Pyroblast
2 Karakas
2 Swords to Plowshares
2 Tundra
1 Volcanic Island

Sideboard
1 Containment Priest
1 Wear
2 Flusterstorm
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Baneslayer Angel
1 Venser, Shaper Savant
1 Pithing Needle
2 Pyroclasm
1 Counterspell
1 Hydroblast
2 Swords to Plowshares

lonequid fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 26, 2015

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I'd like to play, and in honor of the original challenge I'll play a deck with maindeck chains, WB Parfait. I'll get a list together soon.

PERPETUAL IDIOT fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 21, 2015

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I'm going to get crushed by all these random rear end piles where Stifle/Wasteland is useless and it's going to be a blast.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I'm in with ANT.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Someone should make a gangtag for top 8.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The winner should get this or something similar.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
How the gently caress are none of the Delver or Burn decks playing Taylor Swiftspear? Tay Tay kicks so much rear end.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Partial Octopus posted:

Someone should make a gangtag for top 8.

make it say "officially better than mcmagic"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kraus posted:

How the gently caress are none of the Delver or Burn decks playing Taylor Swiftspear? Tay Tay kicks so much rear end.

:goons:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Oh I will be, believe me. It's my favourite creature of all time.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Just be glad I'm not bringing my murdergoats/breakfast burrito mashup deck.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yo how long do I have to post a list because I'm not sure what I want to play if we're not restricting ourselves to just cards we own

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
if people can, i'd say get lists in by the end of the weekend, but if people have schedule issues that require that they need more time we can be flexible

but if we can get started by next week that'd be swell

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I'm still figuring out XMage and don't have any clue what to play, but I'd like to participate in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
CLOSING REGISTRATION

we have 44 people so 6 rounds of swiss. i'll get pairings set up and posted after everyone has posted a deck list, and then we'll have a week to play games. like i said above if people can get poo poo finalized by the end of the weekend that'd be great, but post if you need more time bc life.

44 people means 22 matches each week which is a lot to do commentary for so i'm wondering if we should just have people post vids they record and then have people commentate on whatever matches they thought were cool, or pick a couple matches each week to live stream and do live commentary, or something else. anyone (particularly people interested in doing commentary) have any thoughts?

please check the OP if you posted you were going to play and make sure you're in the list/make sure if you've posted your decklist that i linked it in the OP because i'm using that as my master list to track how many people have submitted lists.

e: Auralsaurus i got you

• Locked thread