Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Enchanted Arsenal is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

LtSmash, even though I haven't played around with Signature Weapon yet, there's on major suggestion/piece of advice I've been meaning to put out there: I think you should quit trying to tie it to a specific instance of a weapon. It seems that 99% of the problems you've mentioned stem from trying to do that. It's simply something Skyrim won't do well. You might just want to make it a specific weapon BaseID.

In fact, I think it'd be a cooler idea to take it a little further than that: one of the oblivion mods I use (Basic Primary Needs) identifies certain statics it interacts with by the file path of the mesh. I think that'd be a really neat, flexible way to do it. (For the record, I didn't like how SW in NV tied you to one specific instance of a weapon either.)

I know it changes the concept of the mod a bit, but I really think you'd have far less of a headache with it this way, and then you'd have time to implement my ASIS suggestions. :)

I'm not sure what you would prefer it to do. Modify all of that kind of weapon or modify whatever weapon you used and carry over from weapon to weapon? It would sorta suck if upgrading your steel sword suddenly made every bandit hit like a truck. It would also make some of the more interesting effects much harder or impossible to do. And being carried to each new weapon as you find em would turn it into basically just another kind of perk.

But it actually doesn't modify the specific weapon you have since that's basically impossible in skyrim. What it does is give you a dummy weapon (added in the esp) and then copy all the stats, textures, and models to the dummy weapon type and then modify all of the dummy type based on how you upgraded it. The reason Fina couldn't temper it was because it wasn't the same weapon that the tempering recipe was for. As I said I worked out a fix for that and its just a matter of putting it together. And ASIS will get done slightly before the sun cools to a lump of coal so signature weapons isn't gonna throw it off schedule in the long run.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

I'm not sure what you would prefer it to do. Modify all of that kind of weapon or modify whatever weapon you used and carry over from weapon to weapon? It would sorta suck if upgrading your steel sword suddenly made every bandit hit like a truck. It would also make some of the more interesting effects much harder or impossible to do. And being carried to each new weapon as you find em would turn it into basically just another kind of perk.

But it actually doesn't modify the specific weapon you have since that's basically impossible in skyrim. What it does is give you a dummy weapon (added in the esp) and then copy all the stats, textures, and models to the dummy weapon type and then modify all of the dummy type based on how you upgraded it. The reason Fina couldn't temper it was because it wasn't the same weapon that the tempering recipe was for. As I said I worked out a fix for that and its just a matter of putting it together.

(or you could just make all the effects on the player, not the weapon.)

Edit: I have to say, that's a drat clever way to do it.

quote:

And ASIS will get done slightly before the sun cools to a lump of coal so signature weapons isn't gonna throw it off schedule in the long run.

Good, because I have plans that week.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

LtSmash posted:

But it actually doesn't modify the specific weapon you have since that's basically impossible in skyrim. What it does is give you a dummy weapon (added in the esp) and then copy all the stats, textures, and models to the dummy weapon type and then modify all of the dummy type based on how you upgraded it. The reason Fina couldn't temper it was because it wasn't the same weapon that the tempering recipe was for.

While that is an interesting way of doing things, the Fallout NV version worked was basically how Agents of GO! suggested. Have the bonuses be perks on the player that had a condition that limited them to the weapon or the unique version if the weapon had one. I do like your way since Skyrim does not have weapon degradation and does not have same concept of uniques that Fallout NV had.

The dummy weapon idea does give me an idea on how to create a multi ring mod but I'm not sure if it will work with user enchanted rings.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Has anyone tried out a mounted casting mod before? I found a couple that do this on the Nexus but both look old and sketchy.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

delta534 posted:

While that is an interesting way of doing things, the Fallout NV version worked was basically how Agents of GO! suggested. Have the bonuses be perks on the player that had a condition that limited them to the weapon or the unique version if the weapon had one. I do like your way since Skyrim does not have weapon degradation and does not have same concept of uniques that Fallout NV had.

The dummy weapon idea does give me an idea on how to create a multi ring mod but I'm not sure if it will work with user enchanted rings.

Perks would allow for some of the features but others would be really hard or downright impossible. Weapon speed for instance would use the same perk as other attack speed perks which get incredibly janky if you have two or more, just ask Seorin about making them work in SPERG. Changing the weight (changing stamina use) or reach of the weapon wouldn't be doable at all without modifying the base weapon type which would change NPC weapons as well as any others you had in your inventory. And the fancy onCrit or onKill effects would have to use the apply spell on weapon hit perk entry and you can again ask Seorin about that since Skyrim only allows one spell to be applied per attack and there are several vanilla perks using it already.

With recent SKSE versions you can do anything to player made enchantments that you can with a normal one, including getting it off of an item or applying it to another one.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Are there any mods that make the whole blood drinking thing while being a vampire a non issue? Can't seem to find any decent blood vial mods on nexus at least.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Do you have Dawnguard? I seem to remember it adds potions of blood, but not sure... if it does, just whip up a mod to make them buyable.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
To my understanding those are limited.
Edit: Seems like theres one mod that lets you craft them but the incridient is human hearts and why would I want to go around killing humans as a vampire. Also I don't want to bother with alchemy. Where is that creepy nurse from vampire masquerade that sells blood packs when you need him. :cry:

Iretep fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 20, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly it shouldn't be that hard to make a merchant mod that adds them to certain merchant lists.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

LtSmash posted:

Perks would allow for some of the features but others would be really hard or downright impossible. Weapon speed for instance would use the same perk as other attack speed perks which get incredibly janky if you have two or more, just ask Seorin about making them work in SPERG. Changing the weight (changing stamina use) or reach of the weapon wouldn't be doable at all without modifying the base weapon type which would change NPC weapons as well as any others you had in your inventory. And the fancy onCrit or onKill effects would have to use the apply spell on weapon hit perk entry and you can again ask Seorin about that since Skyrim only allows one spell to be applied per attack and there are several vanilla perks using it already.

With recent SKSE versions you can do anything to player made enchantments that you can with a normal one, including getting it off of an item or applying it to another one.

I'm all for working around engine bugs and working off a dummy weapon would have made the NV version a bit simpler.

If the latest version of SKSE does have a way of transferring user created enchantments that would make things easy.

delta534 fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 20, 2015

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Iretep posted:

Are there any mods that make the whole blood drinking thing while being a vampire a non issue? Can't seem to find any decent blood vial mods on nexus at least.

I'm been using Better Vampires for my bloodsucker, makes the whole experience more interesting, plus you have the option to feed and bottle from both live people and corpses. Doesn't add it's own funky blood bottles either, just uses the blood potions from Dawnguard so no problems about compatability.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Seconding Better Vampires. It turns vampirism from a chore into something worth doing. If I had to pick 10 mods and use nothing else, it would be in that list.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

delta534 posted:

I'm all for working around engine bugs and working off a dummy weapon would have made the NV version a bit simpler.

If the latest version of SKSE does have a way of transferring user created enchantments that would make things easy.

Its just the ObjectReference/WornObject.get/setEnchantment() for user created instead of Weapon/Armor.get/setEnchantment() for those set in the esp. I'm pretty sure ObjectReference/WornObject will return the Weapon/Armor enchantment if it has one instead of a user made one but its worth double checking. I think enchantments might be one of the things Skyrim will write into the save game but most other changes will be erased on exiting skyrim. They do persist across game save and loads so long as the program isn't quit so if you make a change on one character and load another the changes will still show up so setting things on save load is a potentially important thing.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

LtSmash posted:

Its just the ObjectReference/WornObject.get/setEnchantment() for user created instead of Weapon/Armor.get/setEnchantment() for those set in the esp. I'm pretty sure ObjectReference/WornObject will return the Weapon/Armor enchantment if it has one instead of a user made one but its worth double checking. I think enchantments might be one of the things Skyrim will write into the save game but most other changes will be erased on exiting skyrim. They do persist across game save and loads so long as the program isn't quit so if you make a change on one character and load another the changes will still show up so setting things on save load is a potentially important thing.

I will have to play around with it and see what it can do. I know that your signature weapons mods does not copy user enchantments though.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Folks who have tried both, how does PerMa compare to SPERG?

Barely 3 or 4 hours into the game with vanilla perks and I already see the need for an overhaul mod.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bouchacha posted:

Folks who have tried both, how does PerMa compare to SPERG?

Barely 3 or 4 hours into the game with vanilla perks and I already see the need for an overhaul mod.

PerMa is a comprehensive skills/perks/combat mod. SPERG is a lightweight, minimally conflicting skills & perks mod. You'll have to do more work to set up PerMa as well.

Basically, if you're just looking to improve the game's leveling, skills, and perk systems, go with SPERG, and then add other independent modules for combat improvement.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

It's mod troubleshootin' time again. Trying to get vanilla warpaints as facepaints for racemenu working, but no matter what I do, the only thing that shows up under bodypaint>texture is 'default'. Help?

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Davoren posted:

It's mod troubleshootin' time again. Trying to get vanilla warpaints as facepaints for racemenu working, but no matter what I do, the only thing that shows up under bodypaint>texture is 'default'. Help?
Are you hitting T?

RaceMenu's UI is an atrocity, which I hope is a Skyrim limitation and not intentional design.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Oh wait I browsed into the textures folder of what got installed and I think it is working! It just doesn't seem to have all the cool ones from the screens that got posted, are they still to be added?

Edit: or maybe I'm thinking of a different mod, whatever!

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

delta534 posted:

I will have to play around with it and see what it can do. I know that your signature weapons mods does not copy user enchantments though.

Ugh I did it for another mod and I guess I forgot to add it to SW too. Added to the list.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Is there a mod that shadows the eyes or otherwise obscures them? The skull mask helmet in Immersive Armors looks pretty neat, but it looks weird to me to have normal eyes sticking out from behind it. There's a lot of mods that open up the eye ports of closed-faced helmets, but I can't find something that does the reverse.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I think Eyes of Beauty has an all-black option for the eyes, calls it demon or some such. Could showracemenu and switch to that when you want to hide them?

Edit: Also Blindfolds of Skyrim has a black version in there, and I think you can wear them with helmets.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 21, 2015

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Can anyone recommend a mod that modifies kill moves? Or at least removes the ones for ranged combat? There's a bunch on the Nexus and most of them talk about how they've added a bunch of new gory slow motion death shots.

Far too often the game decides to trigger kill cams in the middle of combat, so I get to see a glorious shot of me completely missing an enemy and slowly reloading my crossbow, while they turn my face into hamburger meat for 10 uninterrupted seconds. :( I just wanna shoot dudes with a crossbow from relative safety.

The melee ones are fine for the most part.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

Can anyone recommend a mod that modifies kill moves? Or at least removes the ones for ranged combat? There's a bunch on the Nexus and most of them talk about how they've added a bunch of new gory slow motion death shots.

Far too often the game decides to trigger kill cams in the middle of combat, so I get to see a glorious shot of me completely missing an enemy and slowly reloading my crossbow, while they turn my face into hamburger meat for 10 uninterrupted seconds. :( I just wanna shoot dudes with a crossbow from relative safety.

The melee ones are fine for the most part.

VioLens is what you're looking for.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Scyantific posted:

VioLens is what you're looking for.

Thank you! This is perfect!

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Immersive Creatures is really doing its job with the spawn difficulty cranked up. I must have killed a good twenty Draugr Deathlords in Shroud Hearth Barrow, plus loads of Scourges and a Scourge Lord. Finally a challenge at high levels!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Davoren posted:

Oh wait I browsed into the textures folder of what got installed and I think it is working! It just doesn't seem to have all the cool ones from the screens that got posted, are they still to be added?

Edit: or maybe I'm thinking of a different mod, whatever!

They're under facepaint. Select one, select one of the "Default" listings and hit "T". I made that mod, if you need any other help with it.

Lurker Above
Jun 17, 2014

Iretep posted:

To my understanding those are limited.
Edit: Seems like theres one mod that lets you craft them but the incridient is human hearts and why would I want to go around killing humans as a vampire. Also I don't want to bother with alchemy. Where is that creepy nurse from vampire masquerade that sells blood packs when you need him. :cry:

On my last vampire character, I used Blood Barrels Dispense Blood, which lets you get as many blood potions as you want from the barrels of blood that are everywhere in Castle Volkihar.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Oh god, Draugr Overlords can used Marked for Death now. :gonk:

Speaking of Draugr, does the conclusion of Forbidden Legends ever actually work properly for anybody? I got problems with having to fight Sigdis twice, Sigdis not teleporting back to his spot after being defeated, long delays where nothing happens in between Gauldurson spawns, and at one point my followers tried to attack Gauldur, rendering the quest unbeatable. The next attempt I used Leader's Teleportation to keep all my followers in the back of the room, but Gauldur had to kill the Black Book fire wyrm (I killed Sigdis with Fire Breath) that rose from Sigdis' corpse before he could do his thing, because it attacked him. And of course I couldn't get a good view of the cinematic where Gauldur reforges the amulet because I was all the way on the other side of the room to keep them out of aggro radius.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

What exactly does Dual Sheath Redux add that Equipping Overhaul doesn't have? I keep reading the descriptions and it sounds like DSR is a more involved process. I thought maybe the patcher would make it more compatible with other weapon/armor mods but EO says it's compatible already.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

The Nexus followers section is a pool of toxic filth so can people recommend followers who have unique personalities, opinions, and reactions to things you do or that happen around them? Basically the more like a Fallout New Vegas follower, the better.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Vilja is pretty good, she will comment on your quests, things you've done, areas you're in, etc. Can be annoying with how often she talks but you can tell her to talk less.

Brhuce Hammar.

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010

Tanbo posted:

Vilja is pretty good, she will comment on your quests, things you've done, areas you're in, etc. Can be annoying with how often she talks but you can tell her to talk less.

Brhuce Hammar.

Vilja is interesting because obviously there was a lot of skill that went into developing her, but the quest design is the most obnoxious I've ever seen-1,000 superflous steps for each and every quest. Is this typical of fan made quests in Skyrim?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Woolie Wool posted:

The Nexus followers section is a pool of toxic filth so can people recommend followers who have unique personalities, opinions, and reactions to things you do or that happen around them? Basically the more like a Fallout New Vegas follower, the better.

Arissa and Inigo. Technically Sofia too, but I hate her voice actress.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Woolie Wool posted:

Interesting NPCs adds several very good NPCs, including a large number of followers that are considerably more interesting than the ones in vanilla and 8 or so "Super Followers" that have comments for a really gigantic amount of things, including locations, quests, etc. Many of the regular followers have quests and ALL the super followers either have their own quest or are involved in the big overarching quest of the mod. They're all pretty drat well voice acted too.

It also adds a very large number of NPCs to talk to out in the world who have interesting things to say, but don't necessarily need you to do anything for them. I can't really play without INPC anymore, a lot of the followers are just really fun to have around and such.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Woolie Wool posted:

Brhuce Motherfuckin' Hammar, the best follower.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Interesting NPCs adds several very good NPCs, including a large number of followers that are considerably more interesting than the ones in vanilla and 8 or so "Super Followers" that have comments for a really gigantic amount of things, including locations, quests, etc. Many of the regular followers have quests and ALL the super followers either have their own quest or are involved in the big overarching quest of the mod. They're all pretty drat well voice acted too.

It also adds a very large number of NPCs to talk to out in the world who have interesting things to say, but don't necessarily need you to do anything for them. I can't really play without INPC anymore, a lot of the followers are just really fun to have around and such.

I'll add to the interesting NPCs, been using one of those *super followers* and the Rumarin one has had a comment or two on practically every dungeon, cave, enemy, quest and incredibly minor details I've come across, a decent amount even funny.

Although you will probably want to end up not talking to half of the regular *interesting* npcs with overly long winded backstories, but they can sometimes be nice to stumble upon in a really remote area.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'll add to the interesting NPCs, been using one of those *super followers* and the Rumarin one has had a comment or two on practically every dungeon, cave, enemy, quest and incredibly minor details I've come across, a decent amount even funny.

Although you will probably want to end up not talking to half of the regular *interesting* npcs with overly long winded backstories, but they can sometimes be nice to stumble upon in a really remote area.

Yeah the regular NPCs can be kinda hit or miss, but I find they tend to hit more often than they miss. But when they miss, they sure miss. And they do tend to be annoyingly long-winded about stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Agents are GO! posted:

They're under facepaint. Select one, select one of the "Default" listings and hit "T". I made that mod, if you need any other help with it.

Yeah, I found them, I think the problem was I was misunderstanding what comes in the mod. I saw you postin' screens of like the oghma infinium page on the back, and the shadowmark on the forehead and thought those were in this pack!

• Locked thread