Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

well adaptive circuitry took off already, none left on the market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

well adaptive circuitry took off already, none left on the market

MY TIME TO SHINE, I have 60 mail messages of expired auctions and they're all adaptive circuitry

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is it a switcheroo? Where Jawa scrap will be the big win? Because I thought getting jawa junk for scoring less, and possibly getting rep items on bullseye weird.

Also I hope Market Certs are still obtainable. I just got to 10!

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
So how is the story of the new Revan dlc thing? Good, bad, meh? What is it even about?

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

drkeiscool posted:

So how is the story of the new Revan dlc thing? Good, bad, meh? What is it even about?

Thought the story was pretty meh and nonsensical, myself.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
It turns out when you kill a Revan he splits in two or something idk

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

drkeiscool posted:

Pretty planets, the side stuff is interesting the first time, some cool NPC models. Story is very meh, plot twist at the end that I am sure noone expected Emperor is alive and behind everything, again.

Hitting 60 is a real bummer. The new operations are hard for pubbies, and appearently for goons as well. Temple of Sacrifice 8m was bugged when I did it with my guild, the undertaker was impossible because of a cross puzzle mechanic. Haven't tried Ravager, but I hear it's mechanics heavy. The 55's are either instant kills or walk in the park, the 50 can be done with a regular flashpoint group, even on hard and nightmare.

I don't think I'll ever get out of 186 gear on my characters, especially my tanks.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

drkeiscool posted:

Generic doomsday cult that somehow has Jedi Masters and Sith Lords alike rubbing shoulders without explanation.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

Generic doomsday cult that somehow has Jedi Masters and Sith Lords alike rubbing shoulders without explanation.

But... Revan is good at least, right? I mean, after Bioware went through the trouble of rendering his redemption meaningless, they made up for it by making him some super badass villain, right?

... Right?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

drkeiscool posted:

But... Revan is good at least, right? I mean, after Bioware went through the trouble of rendering his redemption meaningless, they made up for it by making him some super badass villain, right?

... Right?

No.

Now prepare for a 5,000 word essay from a couple of spergs in this thread as to why the story for Shadow of Revan isn't on par with Moby Dick

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

drkeiscool posted:

... Right?

Yes.....

.....and no.

If you found that answer pretentious, get ready to be disappointed by the story.

The main thing I didn't like about the story was that it was yet another excuse to ignore the whole "massive war between republic & empire" thing that they set up with the base game by giving the factions an excuse to team up together against yet another greater threat or whatever.

I don't care if you wrote yourselves into a corner bioware, you're a triple A studio, pay someone a lot of money to write yourself out if it!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

My biggest problem with the story is its all set up, no pay off. Taking on Revan and his gang of super bff best pony friends wasn't really a monumental task, in fact it was kind of a beatdown. Meanwhile all the setup about the Emperor and what his actually coming back would do to the Empire and the side quest for Warrior where you blow up the Hands droids, is interesting, but nothing comes of it.

Also Lana should've been a companion so I can have my space waifu a healer that isn't Quinn.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eimi posted:

My biggest problem with the story is its all set up, no pay off. Taking on Revan and his gang of super bff best pony friends wasn't really a monumental task, in fact it was kind of a beatdown. Meanwhile all the setup about the Emperor and what his actually coming back would do to the Empire and the side quest for Warrior where you blow up the Hands droids, is interesting, but nothing comes of it.

Also Lana should've been a companion so I can have my space waifu a healer that isn't Quinn.

You are me. I really liked that space lesbian.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

but what of Jedi Jesus from KOTOR II ???

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Just dropped 99 tokens in my slot machine, got nothing but rep items, no junk of any colour and no markets certs. I think the bat has been swung rather hard at this one.

198 tokens dropped, got 1 green scrap item. If that's "considerably reduced" I hate to think how rare the walker will be.

Burt fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 21, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Take it with a grain of salt since it's from a random dude on the BW boards but apparently, these are the new slot machine odds:

quote:

Lose - New: 45% / Old: 25% - Difference +20%
Win Token - New: 20% / Old 20% - No Change
Win Small Trophy - New: 16.999% / Old: 10% - Difference +6.999%
Win Medium Trophy - New: 13% / Old: 8% - Difference +5%
Win Large Trophy - New: 4.5% / Old: 5% - Difference -0.5%
Win Scavenged Scrap - New: 0.2% Old: 10% - Difference -9.8%
Win Droid Parts - New: 0.15% / Old: 10% - Difference -9.85%
Win Jawa Junk - New: 0.1% / Old: 10% - Difference -9.9%
Win Cartel Certificate - New: 0.05% / Old 2% - Difference -1.95%
Win Imperial Mount - New: 0.001%
Win Republic Mount - New: 0.001%

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The level 60 PvP gear is ugly. :(

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hulk Smash! posted:

Take it with a grain of salt since it's from a random dude on the BW boards but apparently, these are the new slot machine odds:

Bah I liked getting all those cartel certs.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

Bah I liked getting all those cartel certs.

The price of female Twi'lek dancers is already rising on the GTN.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You know this guild is only concerned about the price of male twi'lek dancers.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

did your lekku get caught in your pants or are you just happy to see me

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Second Sun posted:

I agree, but I think she's space bisexual. :( Same for Theron.

It would even have been a perfect fit, dumping Skadge on Rishi and getting Lana as a replacement melee tank.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cythereal posted:

I agree, but I think she's space bisexual. :( Same for Theron.

It would even have been a perfect fit, dumping Skadge on Rishi and getting Lana as a replacement melee tank.

She's a sorc not an assassin. Then again, Satelle Shan is apparently a healer shadow.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hobbesmaster posted:

She's a sorc not an assassin. Then again, Satelle Shan is apparently a healer shadow.

I never saw a drat thing in that fight with Revan clearly enough to understand who was doing what. So many flashy lights and particle effects and none of them meant a goddamn thing while whittling down Revan's giant sack of HP and taking basically no damage. I'm still not entirely sure what you're supposed to do during the ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION phases, either. I thought Lana was a Juggernaut.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Cythereal posted:

I never saw a drat thing in that fight with Revan clearly enough to understand who was doing what. So many flashy lights and particle effects and none of them meant a goddamn thing while whittling down Revan's giant sack of HP and taking basically no damage. I'm still not entirely sure what you're supposed to do during the ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION phases, either. I thought Lana was a Juggernaut.

The fight is pretty much rigged so you can't die in it. You literally don't have to even pay attention to it except the two phases where everyone gets thrown to the outside. Then you just have to match the glowing orbs with the circle under the people's feet (Satele will have a purple one, Lana a white). Free the healers first (Satele and Lana) and then do the rest at your leisure.

It would be interesting if they did end up adding new class roles - a Shadow healer spec, but focusing on constant battle regeneration rather than big heals like Satele. Would be a nice change from the Tank/DPS/Healer straight roles.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
For anyone recently returned, how is this? I'm tempted enough to figure out getting back into my security key protected account and see that I had 3000 cartel coins saved up, but nothing more than that.

I'd probably play this like a single player for what its worth...is there anything recommended to do with cartel coins?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Campbell posted:

For anyone recently returned, how is this? I'm tempted enough to figure out getting back into my security key protected account and see that I had 3000 cartel coins saved up, but nothing more than that.

I'd probably play this like a single player for what its worth...is there anything recommended to do with cartel coins?

OP is still mostly up to date, it will recommend Rocket Boost which is a for sure.

Although, with 3.0 out, someone should probably consider making a new OP since Savarra seems to have vanished into thin air.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

You make one. You've got the time now that you're not playing anymore :colbert:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

You make one. You've got the time now that you're not playing anymore :colbert:

I've been gone so long, who knows what's changed!

Edit - I probably can next week if no one else wants to. Most of the parts will stay the same, just need to update for 3.0

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Medullah posted:

The fight is pretty much rigged so you can't die in it. You literally don't have to even pay attention to it except the two phases where everyone gets thrown to the outside. Then you just have to match the glowing orbs with the circle under the people's feet (Satele will have a purple one, Lana a white). Free the healers first (Satele and Lana) and then do the rest at your leisure.

It would be interesting if they did end up adding new class roles - a Shadow healer spec, but focusing on constant battle regeneration rather than big heals like Satele. Would be a nice change from the Tank/DPS/Healer straight roles.

Having a Bear Shaman esque healer would be awesome. If you didn't play AoC Bear Shamans were a melee class with a big hammer that beat the poo poo out of enemies while providing regen effects to their allies. It was awesome.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Second Sun posted:

Confirmed from poking around, both Lana and Theron are bi. The only gay NPC in all of TOR is Lord Cytharat. The flirts with those two from Forged Alliances and SoR get pretty funny if you're the opposite faction.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I wonder how well multiboxing this game will work.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

I wonder how well multiboxing this game will work.

Poorly, since everything is phased.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

Poorly, since everything is phased.

Why would that matter? As long as all of your characters are in a group it will be fine.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Who can place decorations on the ship? I donated a slot machine but someone needs to place it.

Also I'm guessing we're not even going to try and raid tonight. (Hell, who is even left?)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Who can place decorations on the ship? I donated a slot machine but someone needs to place it.

Also I'm guessing we're not even going to try and raid tonight. (Hell, who is even left?)

I think Oedzi is the only one left who can decorate with me and Carb gone. :(

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

why is the guild dying

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

why is the guild dying

Nobody is sticking around for the end game which means theres no core for the guild.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

lets turn this trainwreck right around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
That's not how trains work

• Locked thread