Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I did it in Training so it totally counts. You can check records to see who you missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Stallion Cabana posted:

Do Training Final Smashes not count as the Final Smashes for the 'view every character's Final Smash'?

I thought I did all of them but apparently not?

Yeah, I just got that challenge by going through everybody in practice mode. Maybe you have to let the final smash wear out? Like if you get a landmaster and die, it doesn't count...maybe?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Toon Link is OP

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Is there a way to get all the final smashes with each character a quick way? I turned all the items off except the smash ball and even put it on high and I'd be playing a match for like 5 minutes and smash ball didn't even show up. Is there a faster way I don't know about?

edit: nevermind. didn't know you could spawn items in training mode

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 20, 2015

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Is there a way to get all the final smashes with each character a quick way? I turned all the items off except the smash ball and even put it on high and I'd be playing a match for like 5 minutes and smash ball didn't even show up. Is there a faster way I don't know about?
Do a training match with each character. Spawn a smash ball. Use a final smash attack. In Records (under vault) there is a count of how many times each character has used a final smash, so you can see who has 0.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I've fought really good Mario players that just trap me in their punches and I have no idea how to get out of them. They do this uppercut move with him like 4 or 5 times in a row and I swear it's impossible to get out of it, and then follow it up with a kickflip. Mario aint no joke

They're also terrifying when it comes to you trying to get back on screen, cause his downward punch if he gets you off stage will gently caress up your day

Downthrow > Uptilt lets you get like 3 or 4 hits in at low percentages, and then once you knock them away you chase into the air

Fireball spam can force people into approaching you from a bad position and his attacks are just solid all around

His Down B is much better than before, you can mess up some recoveries with it

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

SeANMcBAY posted:

Anyone have any good tutorials for Jigglypuff?

Jigglypuff is my goto butcher machine.

Things I have found that work well:

Hop a lot. It's faster than running and I seem to get much better control.

Roll into sleeps. Preferably when someone screws up a grab or is dumb enough to turn their back to you and start a drawn out move.

Make sure to squat repeatedly just because.

Learn to swivel back and forth really fast to perform a cool dance.

Smash Side A Seems to be the easiest kill weapon.

Side B has good priority (although it seems most of Jigglypuff's moves have good priority) and devastates shields.

Taunt. FFS this is really important. If you're finishing a match with any taunts left, you're loving up badly.

And most importantly, the sun hat is the most fashionable hat.

President Kucinich fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 20, 2015

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I just had a wonderful set of like 7 games against someone, we both changed characters every game and never repeated one. I felt a bit bad about my pikachu, though, I played keepaway with thunderjolt against their Shulk and didn't lose a stock, it was probably not much fun. My Jigglypuff was not on its game though. Went for 4 rests and missed every single one. I didn't even have it in me to taunt during that game :(. Also, the flower is the best, the sun hat looks ugly.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

ShadeofBlue posted:

Also, the flower is the best, the sun hat looks ugly.

Enjoy taking a missile to the face because the sun got in your eyes. Stupid.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-6oRB4ABo

Some mighty heinous poo poo going on in your video game Sakurai

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-6oRB4ABo

Some mighty heinous poo poo going on in your video game Sakurai

Dude's an rear end in a top hat but also I laughed every goddamn time I heard him yell "HOO. HAH"

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShadeofBlue posted:

Also, the flower is the best, the sun hat looks ugly.

*HOO HA's you*

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I really like playing as meta knight

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Making money in spectate is easier than I thought. You just pick a 10.0 guy with a green arrow in a 4 man free for all and statistically it's impossible to not come out way ahead.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have like 800k in gold.

Amiibos are nice to me

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
jigglypuff tutorial:

space shff'd bairs, sometimes do non-shff'd bairs. fairs are also alright. Pound breaks shield very quickly and sends people over you, use it as a mixup.

Rest when they suck at spacing or if they roll.

That's literally all you need to know about puff.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

APEX tournament organizer removed from position for harassing underage girls.

In other news Splatoon will be playable at APEX and maybe a surprise visit from Reggie. :thumbsup:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hell yeah!

edit: Uhhhh, err, I mean about Splatoon

double edit: from a cursory google search, it seems that this APEX guy plays Sonic and Marth in various super smash brothers, from the two videos on youtube i saw, so I think something has been proven today about those characters/

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 20, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

When I started reading up on this creep, I had already braced myself for sexual harassment stuff, but I was blindsided by the story where he made visiting Japanese players ride in the back of a U-Haul to get to the event.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Supercar Gautier posted:

When I started reading up on this creep, I had already braced myself for sexual harassment stuff, but I was blindsided by the story where he made visiting Japanese players ride in the back of a U-Haul to get to the event.

What is up with the smash community and people riding in the back of vehicles? Didn't someone here once tell a story about them being in a car that had M2K voluntarily sleeping in the trunk of said vehicle while it was going somewhere?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
M2K also crashed at someone's house and proceeded to jizz in the blankets they gave him, so I think that's more just M2K being a gross weirdo than anything else.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

RyokoTK posted:

M2K also crashed at someone's house and proceeded to jizz in the blankets they gave him, so I think that's more just M2K being a gross weirdo than anything else.

But everybody seemingly knows about that. From reading things it seems like almost nobody knew about the various things Strife had been doing for years.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
pac man is now top tier

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oh neat, training mode combos.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtHus57AKI

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

He always was

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm pretty pleased because I've successfully recreated Saffron City, Pirate Ship (the sea is lava), and Sector Z (way bigger than Corneria).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Szmitten posted:

I'm pretty pleased because I've successfully recreated Saffron City, Pirate Ship (the sea is lava), and Sector Z (way bigger than Corneria).

I've done this for Corneria and Hyrule castle when my friends weren't satisfied with Smash 4's stage hazard plagued maps.

I tried Peach's castle but holy gently caress is it hard to sync up the moving platforms, and I feel like I need a ruler to draw the shapes symmetrically.

How do you deal with making the blastzones roughly match the original map? I want to work on that and I have no idea how.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

TheKingofSprings posted:

I tried Peach's castle but holy gently caress is it hard to sync up the moving platforms, and I feel like I need a ruler to draw the shapes symmetrically.

If you press X you activate a snap-to-grid mode. You don't need to draw the lines, you can just tap in dots and it'll draw the straight lines for you.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

If you press X you activate a snap-to-grid mode. You don't need to draw the lines, you can just tap in dots and it'll draw the straight lines for you.

I know about those, I'm still poo poo at getting everything to match Peaches castle tho :v

And the blast zones and offscreen zones aren't very clear

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

melee and smash 4 are both going to be at EVO this year

http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/20/evo-2015-lineup-announcement-show-now-streaming-live/

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I can't wait for the toxic cesspool that is the FGC to whine about it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

well boys, the line has been drawn. pick your game, we're going to war. the Competitive Tryhards of melee versus the epic Funhavers of Smash 4. The battle of the century.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

mabels big day posted:

well boys, the line has been drawn. pick your game, we're going to war. the Competitive Tryhards of melee versus the epic Funhavers of Smash 4. The battle of the century.

I'm not going to Evo, but I support the troops so I'll do what I can by taking a firm stance in the comfort of my home.

ahem.

Melee.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Lmao you think the pro smash 4 players are doing it for fun

I mean there's that but also a big bag of money

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Are we not brothers in smashing??? Can we not smash, Melee and Wii U, side by side...? (no project m, lol)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Smashing for money is one of the most dishonorable things you could do.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The reddit thread on this is pretty funny. It's all posts saying things like "gently caress THIS poo poo" "RIP MELEE. gently caress." and lots of calling the people running EVO... sellouts? Along with "EDIT: NEVERMIND!!" on every single one of those same posts

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

people who thought melee was not going to be at EVO are mentally insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I can't wait for the toxic cesspool that is the FGC to whine about it

shoulda seen all the comments made in the ten minutes between Smash 4 being announced and Melee being announced

• Locked thread