Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

So, I, uhh... :stare:

Fucker unloaded some autocannon into me while I was cowering behind a rock taking cover from artillery, and hit every single shot at probably an 80 or more degree angle (assuming 90 degree is parallel). It was still surreal to see so many bounces off a tank that has armor only slightly stronger than wet tissue paper.

Wait, when the hell did I get a 48% WR in the Lorr? I hate that tank, I thought It would be way worse.

Rorac fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
So if that's a mistranslation, what am I doing wrong for SPG 8 then? I've counter-batteried a few enemy arties that weren't visible with the Lefh105 but no luck with the mission.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

223 pen :eyepop: Thanks for the tip.

Just note that it has a really really flat trajectory and that the APCR shells love to hit tracks, bounce randomly, and because of the trajectory you should aim slightly more forward with your rounds. I used the AMX 105 for the light kill mission and something else...it is a strange beast that works best in tier 6 games where your pubs don't melt in 5 seconds.

Edit:

Zanziabar posted:

So if that's a mistranslation, what am I doing wrong for SPG 8 then? I've counter-batteried a few enemy arties that weren't visible with the Lefh105 but no luck with the mission.

SPG 8 is to deal 1k to Heavies. SPG 9 is hit a moving target, and SPG-10 is to take out an enemy arty. (fixed. Apologies)

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 21, 2015

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

SPG 8 is to kill TDs. SPG 9 is hit a moving target, and SPG-10 is to take out an enemy arty.

That mission text is misleading as poo poo then. The mission text for SPG 8 is for an enemy vehicle, not specifically a tank destroyer. Is there anything else I need to know about that mission?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Whoo! Made it into the Boats beta!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The important part of this battle begins at 13:30.

The lovely Matilda on the other team uploaded the same replay. It's not like he did anything clutch other than drive a Matilda.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Holy crap.

I didn't even expect to get selected, I just casually logged in this morning and tried to register after reading a post on the thread, but I thought I missed the window.

Captain Blaargh posted:

Whoo! Made it into the Boats beta!

:hfive:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Zanziabar posted:

That mission text is misleading as poo poo then. The mission text for SPG 8 is for an enemy vehicle, not specifically a tank destroyer. Is there anything else I need to know about that mission?

Oh my apologies. SPG 8 1k damage to heavy tanks. Secondary is to kill a heavy tank (SPG 7 is the TD mission). I did it with the LEFH as well.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

The only arguments against it are from historical nerds since M4s and Tigers real life whatever, and from people who think +2/-2 matchmaking makes wargaming more money.

Unfortunately people at Wargaming fall into both of these categories.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So to clarify, those who where in the last botes weekend are automatically in the current weekend too, And you will also get alpha access if your name is drawn from the arbitrary hat before open beta

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Those who were in the last botes weekend can already download the new client. Everyone who can should do so.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Stevefin posted:

So to clarify, those who where in the last botes weekend are automatically in the current weekend too, And you will also get alpha access if your name is drawn from the arbitrary hat before open beta

Its official? There's a boat weekend coming up? :sotw:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

notwithoutmyanus posted:

gently caress no. :getout:.

This is called being wildly retarded/gassing yourself with xyklon b, not a guideline to having fun. I'm not referring to chat being off, specifically about not using xvm.

Also, AI is a hell of a lot smarter than the average pubbie just based on consistency. Even a bot at 41% isn't necessarily going to shoot it's teammates.

The thing that always pissed me off was shitter platoons. Glancing at the wn8's and individual win rates and realizing that your top 3 heavies are all 41% and in a platoon together was the absolute worst way to start a match. Then of course you'd notice them dying right away, and that flank melting down, and oh god damnit I loving hate this stupid game.

But now, with wn8 off? The match just starts, a flank melts fast, and you die. You end up in the same place, sure, but it's more peaceful. Serene, even.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm gonna sink some botes this weekend. :toot:

Most are probably going to be my own, but still.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The thing that always pissed me off was shitter platoons. Glancing at the wn8's and individual win rates and realizing that your top 3 heavies are all 41% and in a platoon together was the absolute worst way to start a match. Then of course you'd notice them dying right away, and that flank melting down, and oh god damnit I loving hate this stupid game.

But now, with wn8 off? The match just starts, a flank melts fast, and you die. You end up in the same place, sure, but it's more peaceful. Serene, even.

But if you have XVM on you will know which flank will fold ahead of time, and might be able to do something about it. Even better, you know WHO TO BLAME. Encouraging these idiots to kill themselves, uninstall, remove their genitalia before they pass their substandard genes on, etc is a cheap and entertaining way to pass the time while between arty reloads, for example.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Zanziabar posted:

It's your session stats mod, it's making the wrong mission text appear for some of the missions. Reup your yasenkrasen or whatever and you should get the right ones.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

So Fluff/Renhanxue how much of a NDA did you have to sign for Wargaming. Any sweet goon-exclusive news that you can share in the future with us?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Help me i am addicted to teamkilling. I killed two dudes in my M12 earlier and didn't turn blue, then it took me FOUR more teamkills in different games, turning blue each time (one of them on the enemy cap!) before I finally got banned.....for one hour.

Teamkilling is too fun.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hellsau posted:

Help me i am addicted to teamkilling. I killed two dudes in my M12 earlier and didn't turn blue, then it took me FOUR more teamkills in different games, turning blue each time (one of them on the enemy cap!) before I finally got banned.....for one hour.

Teamkilling is too fun.

You are beyond help at this point. Once you realize how easy and fun it is to team kill, there is no going back. The trick is to do so without getting yourself banned all the time. 1 hour may not be much, but it gets annoying when it happens all the time.

Take the 30 second timer to find a likely candidate to troll. The regular pubbies you tend to troll will most likely do fine. Find something to insult them about (Should be easy) and as soon as you can, shoot them once, maybe twice. Often enough, they will start shooting back at you until they either kill you, or get banned for team damage. The feeling is even more rewarding.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Might as well turn the map off, too. Hell hit V and be TruePubActual, you're almost there anyway.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Might as well turn the map off, too. Hell hit V and be TruePubActual, you're almost there anyway.

Hitting V and playing blind is really loving fun and I wish there was a game mode for it.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Hitting V and playing blind is really loving fun and I wish there was a game mode for it.

War thunder's new simulator mode special event deal. No markers on anything, not even map markers.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Thank you goons who I lucked into getting on my team on Redshire, you helped me complete the LT-8 personal mission where I had to cap.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

OSad posted:

Holy crap.

I didn't even expect to get selected, I just casually logged in this morning and tried to register after reading a post on the thread, but I thought I missed the window.

:hfive:

What's long, black and full of seamen? You this weekend! I look forward to ramming my Cleveland into your ship.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

demonR6 posted:

What's long, black and full of seamen? You this weekend! I look forward to ramming my Cleveland into your ship.

:holymoley:

Meet you in the ocean, savage!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

OSad posted:

:holymoley:

Meet you in the ocean, savage!

I can't to shoot my hot loads into your long hard bote.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Working on the heavy mission to deal 1k damage and then capture a base. Prokhorovka comes up, I go up on our side of the tracks, deal a lot of damage and move into the cap. All that is left on the enemy team is a single Super Pershing sitting up on the hill, bunch of people are taking shots, but most are bouncing or doing less then a 100. Timer counts hit, hits base captured so I take a pot shot him, he was facing me at a angle, shot somehow nails his side, knocks off 400 health and a teammate finishes him off. Turns out cap points don't count if you kill the enemy tank even after it says you've won. If I hadn't pressed a button, easy money, but no, had to be stupid.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Ugghh, the Achilles' upgrade tree.

Sure, I had the top gun researached from before. But to mount it, I need the better turret, and to research the better turret I need to research a completely superfluous, strictly inferior gun that's proprietary to the tank.

I just.... why? :psyduck:

EDIT: The tank's a helluva lot quicker than I remember from the test server, though. It's more maneuverable than the Hellcat now, at least.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 21, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CitizenKain posted:

Working on the heavy mission to deal 1k damage and then capture a base. Prokhorovka comes up, I go up on our side of the tracks, deal a lot of damage and move into the cap. All that is left on the enemy team is a single Super Pershing sitting up on the hill, bunch of people are taking shots, but most are bouncing or doing less then a 100. Timer counts hit, hits base captured so I take a pot shot him, he was facing me at a angle, shot somehow nails his side, knocks off 400 health and a teammate finishes him off. Turns out cap points don't count if you kill the enemy tank even after it says you've won. If I hadn't pressed a button, easy money, but no, had to be stupid.

Are you sure about that? I am almost certaint i received capping points in some matches despite the match ending with all tanks destroyed. But i could be wrong.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Is there some way to combine mods from the Aslain and OMC mod packs? There are some really nice features in both that I'd like to get my hands on, but just running one installer after the other doesn't work.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Dalael posted:

Are you sure about that? I am almost certaint i received capping points in some matches despite the match ending with all tanks destroyed. But i could be wrong.
He's talking about the personal mission that requires getting a win by base capture. If the last enemy tank is destroyed the game counts it as a win by extermination, even if the base was fully captured first.

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.
Sounding the Horn. PBFAG goons be on every night possible 8 EST+ so we can shoot tanks. All hands on dick.

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.

Uranium 235 posted:

Thank you goons who I lucked into getting on my team on Redshire, you helped me complete the LT-8 personal mission where I had to cap.

I literally was yelling in TS3 and not paying attention the entire match.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

Valle posted:

It's your session stats mod, it's making the wrong mission text appear for some of the missions. Reup your yasenkrasen or whatever and you should get the right ones.

Thanks mate, updated the YasenKrasen and worked like a charm.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

KonigRasnake posted:

Sounding the Horn. PBFAG goons be on every night possible 8 EST+ so we can shoot tanks. All hands on dick.

Why would you want to do that?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Jaguaratron made the most clutch shot in his 261 to win us the game. It was pretty amazing to watch!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Do arty tracers still exist? I've spent like five games trying to get a counter battery shot for this stupid loving SPG mission and have yet to see literally a single tracer, despite generally spending the entire game staring at the usual places pubtillery goes.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So I have been playing this on the Xbox 360 console and I know it's nerfed to poo poo and retarded but I was trying to talk a new roommate into installing this on his monster water-cooled box, and was wondering if there's a post or anything I should point him to with a list of mods etc he should get set up ahead of time, while he watches me play the lovely version on my poorbox.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Magres posted:

Do arty tracers still exist? I've spent like five games trying to get a counter battery shot for this stupid loving SPG mission and have yet to see literally a single tracer, despite generally spending the entire game staring at the usual places pubtillery goes.

They do, they just appear for a really short amount of time. Unless you install a mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

mmkay posted:

They do, they just appear for a really short amount of time. Unless you install a mod.

Is it like a fifteenth of a second or something? In one game I spent a solid 4-5 minutes staring at a bush where arty got spotted later in the game (and of course I RNG-whiffed my shot to kill him)

Really tempts me to install a tracer mod so I can get this stupid mission, I apparently just cannot see unmodified tracers at all.