Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

YF19pilot posted:

A palate cleanser, as this is something I would probably totally do if I got back into 40k:

Does anyone have a source or DiY for this? I see land raider tracks and a Leman Russ glacis but I wonder if the rest is scratchbuilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Why not do both? Kill something and then stick it to a base.

I should start a blog.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Z the IVth posted:

Does anyone have a source or DiY for this? I see land raider tracks and a Leman Russ glacis but I wonder if the rest is scratchbuilt.

Apparently, Land Raider tracks and "a few other GW bits...the core is built out of Legos with plasticard..." to paraphrase. Someone has asked him about a template, but it looks like the creator is looking to sell rather than share. He's working on an "A2" version of the turret and is looking to reduce GW parts; supposedly comes from some SD papercraft M1 Abrams model.

A link to the A2 turret build:
http://commissar.proboards.com/thread/18408/m1-cerberus-tank-turret-works

Oh, he calls it the "M1 Cerberus" if that helps track down a WIP of this.

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.
See, I look at that and it's just close enough to the obvious real world inspiration of a desert camo modern tank to look like a Duplo/Tonka toy version of said tank. It doesn't help that the commander's "pistol" is bigger than a breeze block.

The actual painting is really good though.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

It looks like something from Advance Wars.

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Fearless posted:

It looks like something from Advance Wars.

Great, now I can't unsee that.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Joe_Richter posted:

Build one, paint it solid red. Build another, paint it solid blue. What other colors were there?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

YF19pilot posted:

Build one, paint it solid red. Build another, paint it solid blue. What other colors were there?

EXCUSE ME, it was Orange and Blue.

And Yellow, Green and Black.

But really if you want the Advance Wars minis game you should play Dust Tactics since thats about as close as you're gonna get with the RPS style matchups and big square grid movement.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Joe_Richter posted:

Any time!

dernwiththesickess
Aug 7, 2014

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

It looks so ashamed.

"I have brought dishonor upon my family."

Germ
May 7, 2013

Huh. It looks like the fingerprints of whoever created dickdingo the rapedog are embedded into the sculpture itself. Pretty sure the creator will be arrested soon. Should have worn gloves while making that atrocity.

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

YF19pilot posted:

I wanna do a couple Advanced Wars Flames of War armies now actually.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Germ posted:

Huh. It looks like the fingerprints of whoever created dickdingo the rapedog are embedded into the sculpture itself. Pretty sure the creator will be arrested soon. Should have worn gloves while making that atrocity.

i don't think making gross minis is a jailable offense

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Small Frozen Thing posted:

i don't think making gross minis is a jailable offense

It is in Obama's America

:911::orks:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Improbable Lobster posted:

It is in Obama's America

:911::orks:

Speaking of America (or maybe France).

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Look at that mascara, definitely French.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Attestant posted:

Speaking of America (or maybe France).

Or Great Britain
or Austrailia
or Russia
or...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_White_and_Blue

(Probably America, though, because we're the country most likely to be that tasteless)

Goddamn, why do so many countries use the exact same color scheme?!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Paper Kaiju posted:

Goddamn, why do so many countries use the exact same color scheme?!

Maybe it's one of the official color schemes in the canon? :v:

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Holy poo poo, for some reason I can't stop laughing at that.

It's loving awful, but I'm in stitches anyway.

Please help.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Copyright. Please don't steal.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

That's it. I'm unleashing the super flu.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

That Imperial Knight looks familiar.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Why is it always MLP? where are all the Ben-10 conversions? Or Pokémon out something else cool?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

starkebn posted:

Why is it always MLP? where are all the Ben-10 conversions? Or Pokémon out something else cool?

Something something autism crossover something something

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Part of me wants to hate the MLP marine army, but it is so well painted...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like the cloud bases the assault marines have

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

This is so amazingly terrible that I can't stop looking. Like, the model is put together well and it's not just some insanely out of proportioned head slapped on but rather about the right size and sculpted into the body well, the painting is good, and the basing is great. It's got a legitimate amount of skill put into it but it's talent that is completely wasted on the awful.

It's like the Nazi Guard, only more autistic. And worse as you also know there is a 100% chance the owner masturbates to it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Vermintide posted:

That Imperial Knight looks familiar.

i picture the guy finishing the last model then placing it on the table with the rest. he takes a photo of it, uploads it to the internet, and prints himself a copy.

then he takes a masonry drill with a good long bit, and places it to his temple.

the police arrive a week later. the photo of the models is spattered with dried blood. "dangit chief, that's the third one this year"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Exinos posted:

This is so amazingly terrible that I can't stop looking. Like, the model is put together well and it's not just some insanely out of proportioned head slapped on but rather about the right size and sculpted into the body well, the painting is good, and the basing is great. It's got a legitimate amount of skill put into it but it's talent that is completely wasted on the awful.

It's like the Nazi Guard, only more autistic. And worse as you also know there is a 100% chance the owner masturbates to it.

Check out his DA. He's got a whole Circle army - golems and the little tree things, all scratch-build to resemble ponies, done very well from a modeling standpoint. As you said, a waste of talent.

BTW, how can you tell the Nazi Guard dude doesn't :fap: to his little Hitlers? :v:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

FirstPersonShitter posted:

i picture the guy finishing the last model then placing it on the table with the rest. he takes a photo of it, uploads it to the internet, and prints himself a copy.

then he takes a masonry drill with a good long bit, and places it to his temple.

the police arrive a week later. the photo of the models is spattered with dried blood. "dangit chief, that's the third one this year"

You mean because of how much that would have cost at GW prices, and how they're going to nerf friendship in the edition of 40k?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

These are on my local kijiji. The ad says: "Best offer or trade. 14 Chaos miniatures painted to a very high standard. Make an offer for cash or, will trade for Warhammer or other stuff."

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Saalkin posted:

These are on my local kijiji. The ad says: "Best offer or trade. 14 Chaos miniatures painted to a very high standard. Make an offer for cash or, will trade for Warhammer or other stuff."

"Very high" standard is like "arm's-length" standard. They look good if you are very high.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

id buy em, they look neat like 90s toys or something. but i wouldnt pay a lot of money. maybe like £10

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

starkebn posted:

My guess is that the creator deduced that MLP Space Marines will cause exponentially more rage than Pokemans Space Marines. If I was so inclined to put that much effort into something for that motivation, I would pick MLP, too.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

starkebn posted:

Those aren't cool either tho.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The answer is that bronies, for whatever loving reason, can't keep their interests to themselves, but have to inject it into everything else. I think it's a persecution complex based on the fact that teenaged (and young adult) men who watch a little girl's cartoon inevitably get laughed at, whereas being obsessed with a little boy's cartoon / videogame gets brushed over - see Transformers, Pokemon, Adventure Time, etc. (Not that that excuses them for being loving creeps, but the non-creepy ones don't do this sort of poo poo so nobody pays attention to them. Yes, this is a tacit admission of guilt.)

Also, the Venn diagram for 'manchildren', 'unironic 40k fans' and 'Bronies' might as well be a circle.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

homerlaw posted:

Those aren't cool either tho.

I don't know, a tyranid army of affectionately crafted individual pokemon would be pretty rad.

For all the wrong reasons.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Gamerofthegame posted:

I don't know, a tyranid army of affectionately crafted individual pokemon would be pretty rad.

For all the wrong reasons.

Someone post that one goons Shedinja Nid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

starkebn posted:

Pokemon, you say?

Bonus points:

Granted the squig is pretty cool. I could see converting those into demented jigglypuffs or something with good effect.