Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I wonder who was president in 2008. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

evilweasel posted:

I think the goal is to make sire to take credit for the economy before Republicans can try to do it.

Also boehner also didnt clap for jobs, that communist.

Kind of how the PS2 became a next-gen console "before" the Dreamcast did?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Moniz has a Prince Valiant haircut lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love Obama trying to take credit for lower gas prices. As if it's not a supply and demand issue across the world.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Thanks for $2.50 gas, President Gingrich

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Nick Soapdish posted:

WOOOOOOO! USA! NUMBER 1!

god bless

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

Yes. It's in the prepared remarks.

yes, but not really:

quote:

We may have different takes on the events of Ferguson and New York. But surely we can understand a father who fears his son can’t walk home without being harassed. Surely we can understand the wife who won’t rest until the police officer she married walks through the front door at the end of his shift. Surely we can agree it’s a good thing that for the first time in 40 years, the crime rate and the incarceration rate have come down together, and use that as a starting point for Democrats and Republicans, community leaders and law enforcement, to reform America’s criminal justice system so that it protects and serves us all.

That’s a better politics. That’s how we start rebuilding trust. That’s how we move this country forward. That’s what the American people want. That’s what they deserve.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

evilweasel posted:

I think the goal is to make sure to take credit for the economy before Republicans can try to do it.

Also boehner also didnt clap for jobs, that communist.

boehner is giving the most tepid disparaging golf claps i've seen

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

he should have picked a family who got shafted and didnt bounce back and could say "yep this is yalls fault"

Colbert would say they didn't love America enough. :colbert:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Look at this metrics-focused guy, 100,000 highschool graduates from poo poo programs ain't wotth 10,000 graduates from quality

7of7
Jul 1, 2008
Next I want to talk about another couple, she was just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. He, a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit.

/fox news: "Obama alienates Detroit voters by claiming South Detroit exists"

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Talking about low gas prices as optimistic is funny because in Oklahoma its mostly just people freaking the gently caress out about low gas prices ruining businesses.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Our gas prices are lower than ever"
thunderous applause
"And we are seeing a higher rate of graduation from high school!"
indifferent polite applause

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
"More Americans finish college than ever before" meaning your degree is pretty much worthless.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

vyst posted:

I love Obama trying to take credit for lower gas prices. As if it's not a supply and demand issue across the world.

Tell that to the chucklefucks who hang it on him at $4/gal.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

stone wall of republicans at that health care comment

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
:lol: cut to GOP when PPACA is mentioned :lol:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

vyst posted:

If they're going to blame him for high prices, might as well take the credit for low prices.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Hell yeah, lay some obamacare on us

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

vyst posted:

Insert the politoon of Obama and the gas lever.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

vyst posted:

Where's that cartoon that explains folks think the Pres has a GAS and ECONOMY lever he pulls all day.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Obamacare

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

vyst posted:

well Republicans blamed him for high gas prices so why not take credit for the opposite :shrug:

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!
That cut to Booker was awkward and hilarious.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

If they're going to blame him for high prices, might as well take the credit for low prices.

Yea this is true.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
10 million more people with health insurance!

*keep sitting because am old, angry white guy*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's good news, people :haw:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I love the breakdown of standing vs sitting for ACA

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Jiro posted:

Pres isn't gonna lay a finger on Ferguson or New York is he? :(

He framed the SotU as a discussion about the values at stake behind the policy. He's gonna say black people are people and a grand call of "RACE BAITING" will tear through the republican party.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I want to change this God drat avatar/username already

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Troll so hard

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

WINKIE GIF THAT WINK

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
ahahaha who are those 16 republicans who stood or clapped

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

olin posted:

"More Americans finish college than ever before" meaning your degree is pretty much worthless.

Hey now, degrees are worth something! They're worth thousands of dollars in loan debt!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

blunt for century posted:

boehner is giving the most tepid disparaging golf claps i've seen

He assumes those are Obama's favorite kind of claps.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

My Imaginary GF posted:

Look at this metrics-focused guy, 100,000 highschool graduates from poo poo programs ain't wotth 10,000 graduates from quality

exactly, he's not counting chicago's schools

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"This is good news people."

*mic drop*

S of the U over.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rocks posted:

yes, but not really:

That's........not surprising and very disappointing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quandary posted:

Talking about low gas prices as optimistic is funny because in Oklahoma its mostly just people freaking the gently caress out about low gas prices ruining businesses.

Those red states that rely on oil money are gonna be hurtin when this goes on for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol

• Locked thread