Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
When I was a dumb idiot teenager with no clue how to progress without banging my head against rhinomen and robots in the desert, I was spending a lot of IP on grenade to use the HSR Hedgehog 23 Throwing Grenade. It was a button to do more damage, in a time before we had the special attacks from Shadowlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

MrBims posted:

When I was a dumb idiot teenager with no clue how to progress without banging my head against rhinomen and robots in the desert, I was spending a lot of IP on grenade to use the HSR Hedgehog 23 Throwing Grenade. It was a button to do more damage, in a time before we had the special attacks from Shadowlands.

I remember those days. How about this? Ever level up boating or driving? Those vehicles are the biggest pile of poo poo... I used to float around in the Tir moat...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
DASknadads Implants.

Scroll through shop. Try remember what shiny needs to go in chest, what shiny needs to go in right arm.

Let shop restock

Forget everything

Repeat

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How is grouping nowadays?

The reason i stopped playing was because when my doc hit 216 they nerfed inferno missions so that they no longer needed docs, so i went from getting instant teams any time i wanted to never getting teams any more.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Floob posted:

I remember those days. How about this? Ever level up boating or driving? Those vehicles are the biggest pile of poo poo... I used to float around in the Tir moat...

Actually, if you're really really lucky you can find one of these in a crate in a mission. The drop rate is vanishingly small though.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone with the ability to combine clusters with implants going to be around in the next hour or so? Got a pile of stuff waiting for a kind goon to combine.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You definitely need an NT.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 21, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also, if you have SL, you may wish to check out symbiants; some of them are a lot better than implants depending on your level. If you havn't done the syndicate brain quest, see if you can find someone to help you with it, it's very much worth having.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

-Troika- posted:

Also, if you have SL, you may wish to check out symbiants; some of them are a lot better than implants depending on your level. If you havn't done the syndicate brain quest, see if you can find someone to help you with it, it's very much worth having.

UUUUUUUGHHHH that quest

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

killstealing posted:

UUUUUUUGHHHH that quest

AO in a nutshell. Reinstalled and will be giving the game another shot for nostalgia sake tonight. In as ahmeni but I have no idea what happened to my chars after the server merge.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

ahmeni posted:

AO in a nutshell. Reinstalled and will be giving the game another shot for nostalgia sake tonight. In as ahmeni but I have no idea what happened to my chars after the server merge.

At least for mine, they tacked on a -1 to the name and set them inactive.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Ineptitude posted:

How is grouping nowadays?

The reason i stopped playing was because when my doc hit 216 they nerfed inferno missions so that they no longer needed docs, so i went from getting instant teams any time i wanted to never getting teams any more.

I don't see any sane group doing 220 hard inferno missions and refusing a doc. Even though doc isn't mandatory for those, one makes it a hell of a lot safer. 220 easys though, yea... if you don't have proper weapons then a doc would be dead weight since the 220 dude who pulled the mission is most likely hogging all aggro and doesn't need heals for it.

Docs are still worth their weight in gold for all the loot oriented high end group content though. Raids? Check. Inf dynas? Check. DB instances? Check. Quest lines like DB? gently caress yes please come please don't leave me please I'll kill myself. Alb? Check. Alappaa? Check. Dreads? Check. etc etc.

e: Also, I'd like to note that there are now many high exp daily quests. You could hit 220 without ever grouping.

For daily quests you got;
PvP daily in Borealis. Doesn't include PvP, one of the selectable missions is simply tower targeting at tower field.
Solo PvM daily in Rome. Trivial.
"Group" PvM daily in Rome. At high level you can select a daily for killing prisoners in Milky Way. Again, trivial.
Alien daily solo or group mission in Rome. Great alien exp on that, easy ride to alien level 30.
DOJA chip daily in SL. DOJA chips are drops from certain mobs in SL, turned in at Jobe Research.

(I don't know where clan dailies are from. Rome is where you pick up Omni ones.)

Fewd fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 21, 2015

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How much extra treatment can I gain when trying to squeeze in implants?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Tai posted:

How much extra treatment can I gain when trying to squeeze in implants?

As a froob? Off the top of my head implants and stat buffing aside
expertise +20
med suit +74
SFA from doctor +80
biomech cloak http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=142646
treatment library http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=161770
treatment rifle +10 http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=124147
treatment clinic in shops +100

A lot more if you sub :shepface:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
oooo sheet. This might be tight. Think I need like 630 treatment...

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

QL 125 implants would give 135. Small amounts you can always trickle by buffing intelligence, sense and... I dunno, whatever the treatment attributes were.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
Oh god I have no idea what any of my shadowlands and AI stuff does but my 130 fixer is back. It appears my nice trader and doctor are on another account though, which is kind of disappointing.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

Anyone with the ability to combine clusters with implants going to be around in the next hour or so? Got a pile of stuff waiting for a kind goon to combine.

Try to assemble a couple of them and get the required skills, I might have enough points in it on my Engineer, and even my MA might be high enough based on base stats.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
The daily mission I run every day is in Old Athens just down from the hill. There is even a sign pointing to it that reads "Clan Missions" or something close to that. I run that every day and get a level every other day. The one it had me on yesterday sent me all over creation to hand out leaflets... Takes maybe 20 minutes by grid and whompa, and be careful when you cross sides to get those bards :)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Floob posted:

Try to assemble a couple of them and get the required skills, I might have enough points in it on my Engineer, and even my MA might be high enough based on base stats.

Gave that a shot and I'm not even close to being able to do it. Skill requires 567 on a QL 125 cluster. Plus, I have a few clusters higher then that so It could end up needed 600 ish NP.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

QL 125 implants would give 135. Small amounts you can always trickle by buffing intelligence, sense and... I dunno, whatever the treatment attributes were.

This is a very important piece of information, that is often overlooked. On my Engineer I need Matter Creation and Time and Space to cast the highest robot. Those skills are affected mostly by Intelligence, but also a little by Stamina and Agility. IT may seem crazy but I try and keep those skills maxed even though they are blue, and I can squeeze into a new robot all the quicker. To check the stats that make up a skill just click on it and look at the bottom description. For example Treatment is 50% Intelligence, 30% Agility and 20% Sense.

There are a ton of things that can boost treatment. I just looted and then sold a QL200 docoholics ring the other day. I don't have a lot of equipment that can help, but I do try and keep at least one med suit that can be lent out.

While we are on the subject of obtainable items, the most important one that everyone can acquire is the clan token board. http://auno.org/ao/tokenboards.html Max that out as soon as you can! IT's amazing what that thing gives for stats at the end. I know the sub version was recently augmented to add even more, and it is very nice to work on while you are doing missions anyways. The tokens can also be farmed, but I don't remember where I did that...

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

Gave that a shot and I'm not even close to being able to do it. Skill requires 567 on a QL 125 cluster. Plus, I have a few clusters higher then that so It could end up needed 600 ish NP.

We must have someone with that skill. I will check back when I get home and see how you made out. If we need it, I can just bump up my NP on my MA. I think its up to 400 on its own... I have a million unused skill points right now, so not a bad idea to bring it up a couple hundred levels. Weren't we just talking about wasting points? :)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Good dam I wish I had a million spare so I could have decent nano skills.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

Good dam I wish I had a million spare so I could have decent nano skills.

Title capped for a while now. I probably should see when my skills open up again.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Floob posted:

Title capped for a while now. I probably should see when my skills open up again.

Dunno what that means but yes you should!

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

Every few levels you get capped. One of them is level 15 I believe. You max out some skills and you cannot add more until you reach the next level. I think 150 is one of the title caps and I have been gathering points since then :)

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Man, this game almost ruined my degree back when I was a student. Did lots of tower fights, was raiding The Beast, hit the credit cap, had maxed tradeskills etc. Good times!

Could be fun to play a little casually again. Back when I played (Shadowlands and the start of Alien Invasion) you were pretty much screwed if you played Trader for example. Also, so classes like Bureaucrat where really boring and useless, except for leveling where everyone wanted one in their group. Some classes also couldn't solo anything. How is the class balance now?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Probably still bad !

There's a few goons starting from level 1. You can sub and make yourself some uber twink god or just Froob it out.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Tai posted:

Title Capped means that you have maxed out the IP that is possible to place in a skill until your next "title". You could also think of these as what "tier" your character is in.

Every time you level up your skills increase in cap, up to a certain point in that "title". For example you are leveling a soldier, every level your assault rifle skill cap increase by 5 points, letting you spend your IP to increase assault rifle 5 times. However, at level 11 you can no longer place any more IP in assault rifle until you hit the next title at level 15, at which point the caps start increasing again. In this title your skills cap at around 35.
If i recall correctly you got a new title (and increased caps in all skills) at level 15 (caps at 35), 50 (caps at 70ish), 100 (caps at 125ish), 150 (caps at 165), 190 and 200 (your caps increase for every level after 200, but you dont get a new title every level)

The good thing about this is that you can with good conscience place IP in skills that are less useful or that you don't see any immediate benefit from (For example the map skill) without feeling that you aren't growing at your full potential.

The rule of thumb when i played was to max your abilities every level, then your weapon skill, then treatment, then all the initiatives, then filler skills. You can also save up IP for the next title but this isn't very useful as you get more IP for a levelup the higher level you are, and skills cost more IP to level up the higher they are.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Some titles are notoriously tight on IP though

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

The good thing about this is that you can with good conscience place IP in skills that are less useful or that you don't see any immediate benefit from (For example the map skill) without feeling that you aren't growing at your full potential.

You should never put points into map navigation. Use implants or whatever to get the maps and upgrades you can, but never waste points in it. Map navigation is the one skill you can't IP reset later on.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

You should never put points into map navigation. Use implants or whatever to get the maps and upgrades you can, but never waste points in it. Map navigation is the one skill you can't IP reset later on.

I never thought of that... I do love my upgrades, but never thought about it as a skill that locks you in. Good wisdom here!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Do I need to remove all armour before removing and adding implants?

I wouldn't mind resetting my IP. Do I need to be nekkid of every implant/armour piece also?

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
Any suggestions or guides on how to get Clicksaver to work these days? There seems to be multiple branches of the software now since the original author abandoned it.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Can I unload 2 concrete cushions onto someone? I need some quick cash to get my subway team able to run abmouth.

Edit: nvm, thanks ks

Conskill posted:

Any suggestions or guides on how to get Clicksaver to work these days? There seems to be multiple branches of the software now since the original author abandoned it.

Mishbuddy

MrBims fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 22, 2015

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

MrBims posted:

Can I unload 2 concrete cushions onto someone? I need some quick cash to get my subway team able to run abmouth.

Mishbuddy

how much do you need I can log on my guy, I have 14m on me

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 22, 2015

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
KS gave me way, way more than I wanted so next the five people to ask can get a million, on the condition that you aren't rich already.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Hi I could use a million on ElBrak, could finally get some implants and fill up on nanos.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

ahmeni posted:

Oh god I have no idea what any of my shadowlands and AI stuff does but my 130 fixer is back. It appears my nice trader and doctor are on another account though, which is kind of disappointing.

I logged in my 152 fixer. I am so goddamn confused what any of the crap in my bags is for.

But turns out I can almost self-cast GA3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Fewd posted:

I know i put some IP in map navigation, but don't remember why. Maybe to be able to use the item that showd Omni on the minimap? (I played Clan)

• Locked thread