Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I know we've had about a million "I can't believe no one said episode xxx" posts but I seriously cannot believe no one said "Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's rear end".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Flowers for Charlie has to be in my top 5 or 10.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I know we've had about a million "I can't believe no one said episode xxx" posts but I seriously cannot believe no one said "Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's rear end".

It would be in my top 20 somewhere, it was dang close.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Mac and Charlie Die needs more love

What's your bean situation?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore is probably my favorite. GET IN THE GODDAMN CAR YOU FAT FAT rear end, FAT FAT rear end

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nasboat posted:

Mac and Charlie Die needs more love

That lovely grenade gets me every time

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

That lovely grenade gets me every time

Charlie just pulling out teeth does it for me.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Charlie refusing to be in the car crash and the look/thumbs up he gives Mac before he takes off is incredible

the entire opening scene in front of the parole board is incredible

the wedding dress, the poppers, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOORGY"

Dennis refusing to burn the duster. Mac's mom falling asleep watching Mama's Family at the memorial service.

Charlie being fully ready to set himself on fire. Charlie not being able to figure out the stick and bindle. "LET'S PICK THE ONE WHERE WE DON'T DIE."

Charlie giving Mac the poppers while he's walking and firing shots from the gun!!!

it very well may be my favorite ep of Sunny ever

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

That is a two-parter and therefore should not count, you bozos.

If I am put on the spot, I always say Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack is my favorite, but it is impossible to choose.

Derv1sh
May 24, 2005

Oh, come on, don’t leave your Uncle Teabag hanging

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

but it is impossible to choose.

This.

I've just rewatched Mac and Dennis Break Up. The cats in the wall and Dennis and Mac's weird codependency are brilliant. But the line from Sweet Dee: "Wow, there's a lot of cats back here." Just kills me every time.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

The "problem" with this show is that there are so many great episodes that it's easier to put together a "worst episodes" list than try to figure out which are best.

I nominate "The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation." I tend to skip that one.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Loucks posted:

The "problem" with this show is that there are so many great episodes that it's easier to put together a "worst episodes" list than try to figure out which are best.

I nominate "The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation." I tend to skip that one.

Season 1.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Derv1sh posted:

This.

I've just rewatched Mac and Dennis Break Up. The cats in the wall and Dennis and Mac's weird codependency are brilliant. But the line from Sweet Dee: "Wow, there's a lot of cats back here." Just kills me every time.

That and the Gruesome Twosome

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Loucks posted:

You have to be kidding, right? The Duster, pirate vs private, the microbrew, Charlie's girlfriend?

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Spoeank posted:

You have to be kidding, right? The Duster, pirate vs private, the microbrew, Charlie's girlfriend?

I'll give you The Duster, but the rest of that isn't top tier Sunny for me. Note that the bar is set really loving high given the quality of the rest of the show.

And Season One is tough to judge too harshly because the show was finding its footing. Still, what other show would unflinchingly give us "niggers hanging from the rafters" with a hard R and have it actually land instead of just turning into yet another example of shock comedy bullshit?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Frank Gets an Intervention is my favorite episode, by far. It has some of my favorite lines ("Block the wind, I'm gonna' roast this bone!", "She's just MASHIN' it!"), and seeing Frank hitting rock bottom into depravity is just ridiculously entertaining.

Although I have to say seeing Frank in the last episode right before he goes out of the drinking contest is probably one of my favorite moments of his now.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
I was trying to come up with my favorite episode per season to watch and it starts getting really tough in ones like season 3 or 8 where there are so many good ones.

But below is a list that could be completely different tomorrow in some instances.

Season 1
Charlie Wants an Abortion

Season 2
Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare

Season 3
The Gang Dances Their Asses Off

Season 4
Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life

Season 5
The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention

Season 6
The Gang Buys a Boat

Season 7
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Season 8
Frank's Back in Business

Season 9
Mac Day

This doesn't necessarily mean they are the "best," just my favorites to rewatch a million times.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
My least favorite episodes are probably Frank's Brother and Dennis Gets a Divorce.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Intervention was definitely my favorite on a second watch. Think I'm gonna watch it again now.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Waltzing Along posted:

Intervention was definitely my favorite on a second watch. Think I'm gonna watch it again now.

You're just mashin' it now

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Spoeank posted:

So, you saw me eat that hot pocket I found in the garbage?

Any thoughts on that?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
me trash, you beer.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

armoredgorilla posted:

My least favorite episodes are probably Frank's Brother and Dennis Gets a Divorce.

It's weird, everyone I watched Frank's Brother with enjoyed it... but it seems to be one of the most hated episodes online. Worth watching just for Shady Nasty's.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's weird, everyone I watched Frank's Brother with enjoyed it... but it seems to be one of the most hated episodes online. Worth watching just for Shady Nasty's.

Its just one long narrative with no real funny parts and the whole payoff scene at the end that could have redeemed the episode wasnt funny at all.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I actually thought a lot of the jokes landed, I just couldn't give a poo poo about any of the characters because they weren't the gang. I think the original idea of the gang being old school cops in the club would have helped it a lot

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
I feel like Frank's Brother is that one awful, unexplainable episode that demonstrates how good the rest of the show is. It's truly horrendous, and I'd put it below any episode in the Frank-less Season 1.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Frank's Brother is actually pretty drat good.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This. Maybe it doesn't hold up as well as the others, but it's still really drat good and I like it.

Cocaine Tester for the Columbians in the 70s is an amazing dream job. Also, 70 year old Danny Devito playing 14 year old Frank Reynolds. And pulling it off.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
My favourite episodes constantly changes but "Mac Day" had the best off-screen gag when Dee and Dennis talk about how they just got a lecture about the evils of homosexuality from Mac and how he had an erection through the entire speech.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The musical is the best episode

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Waltzing Along posted:

Was that the episode where Frank was told there was a fire at the bar, so he runs in with his pistol drawn?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hughmoris posted:

Was that the episode where Frank was told there was a fire at the bar, so he runs in with his pistol drawn?

Yes.

Man...that episode is so funny. The bit with Mac and Frank walking down the street just kills me. Frank flipping out at Mac being right next to him.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Kick? Yes. Kick in? No that door is solid, which is the good news. The bad news is the window is not.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Hughmoris posted:

And then they they surround him and yell at him:

Dee & Dennis: Intervention! Intervention!
Charlie: Whoop! Whoop!
Charlie & Dennis: You're trapped! You're trapped! You're trapped!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I did like it a lot better the second time I watched it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
What smash cut to the title card do you guys think is the best?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Sweet Dee Gets Audited
Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like Mac and Charlie die. After their blackmail tape fails its just silence, a parole stamp, and then the title card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sweet Dee Gets Audited
Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire