Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Wind Waker is a part of the season 2 DLC pack.

I would no joke buy however much dlc it would take for them to add Groose. Bring on a season 2, Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Internet Kraken posted:

The baton doesn't even sound right or play Wind Waker songs. Its bullshit :mad:

I still like using it though.

it's the wind waker. it wakes winds

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
People using season pass in this thread like video game companies ever release more than one "season" of dlc

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wild Knight posted:

People using season pass in this thread like video game companies ever release more than one "season" of dlc

Nintendo has done it before though? Like they did it with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

It's a fact there adding Groose

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I dunno about more DLC after the boss pack, at a certain point the team has to move on to another project, whether that's Hyrule Warriors 2 or MegaTen Warriors or whatever else TK has planned. I'd think that once they're done with what they've already announced they're done completely.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
WHERE IS THE TRIDENT NINTENDO?! WHERE?!

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]

ImpAtom posted:

Nintendo has done it before though? Like they did it with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Did they? It felt like it was all one "season," or at least that it was all available by May or so when the game was released in February. They also didn't bundle it all and let you buy everything, just three maps at a time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I enjoy playing as twili midna when grinding reward maps 1 because having imp midna cheer her on is the biggest ego stroke ever.

Speaking of which, will Young Link talk?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I enjoy playing as twili midna when grinding reward maps 1 because having imp midna cheer her on is the biggest ego stroke ever.

No, silly, Tatl will do all the talking for him.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm guessing they'll reuse the Proxi soundbyes but the box will be labelled either Navi or Tatl.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

oh man i hope it's tatl, what a sassy fairy

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if it's Tatl due to Link apparently attacking her with a sword in his musou :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wild Knight posted:

Did they? It felt like it was all one "season," or at least that it was all available by May or so when the game was released in February. They also didn't bundle it all and let you buy everything, just three maps at a time.

Fire Emblem: Awakening came out in Japan a significant time before it came out in the US. It had multiple seasons of DLC because of this.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Ohhh that makes more sense.

Though to be fair, I think that's still an anomaly because I can't think of any other game released in the past five years that actually did have more than one "season" of DLC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wild Knight posted:

Ohhh that makes more sense.

Though to be fair, I think that's still an anomaly because I can't think of any other game released in the past five years that actually did have more than one "season" of DLC.

Borderlands 2 did as well, although not with a second pass. It is pretty rare though, yeah.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I just heard that the DLC is releasing this thursday, was there a announcement I missed or is it just speculation?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I just heard that the DLC is releasing this thursday, was there a announcement I missed or is it just speculation?

29th in Japan and Europe, 5th in US

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

29th in Japan and Europe, 5th in US

Ah, little lame but oh well.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

jivjov posted:

I dunno, while skull kid seems like a no-brainer, what exactly would he do? His primary gimmick, loving with the moon, is already covered in spades by this game. Not that they couldn't just invent a new move set for him, but you get what I mean, right? I honestly would have wanted to see the Happy Mask Salesman...I can think of like 8 different combos that could be done with different masks, and his lack-of-transition-animation movement style would be SUPER surreal in this game.

I would've been fine with just a Lana costume that was a full reskin, her build/moveset is already pretty good for skull kid.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So hey is Twili Midna the only character that has specific vs lines on another character?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i'm glad. midna deserves to get those jabs in

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So hey is Twili Midna the only character that has specific vs lines on another character?

Nah I've seen a few. It seems like they only have a chance of replacing the generic I'm fighting someone line though.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Where the hell are the skulltullas? Oftentimes they appear on the map but are nowhere to be seen when I go there, and there's nothing to bomb. Nobody else seems to have this problem. Lots of people asking how to make them appear, but I can't even find the dammed things. I just run in circles like an idiot and throw bombs at walls until they flee.

What am I missing that's really obvious?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Duck of Death posted:

Where the hell are the skulltullas? Oftentimes they appear on the map but are nowhere to be seen when I go there, and there's nothing to bomb. Nobody else seems to have this problem. Lots of people asking how to make them appear, but I can't even find the dammed things. I just run in circles like an idiot and throw bombs at walls until they flee.

You don't always have to bomb things to find them, they're usually just sitting out in the open

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors_Gold_Skulltulas

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Duck of Death posted:

When you get close to them, the music fades out and the Skritch-skritch noise from OoT/MM starts taking over. Oh, and they're not at the center of the spiderweb thing on the map. They are just somewhere in that area.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

that noise scared the poo poo out of me as a child, and likely contributed to my deep fear of spiders

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.

jivjov posted:

When you get close to them, the music fades out and the Skritch-skritch noise from OoT/MM starts taking over. Oh, and they're not at the center of the spiderweb thing on the map. They are just somewhere in that area.

Usually in the most inconvenient/out of the way place, possibly up a ledge.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's a decent number. Link gets the lion's share, as far as I can tell. Zelda and Darunia (why?) have unique cheerleader messages at 1,000 kills for Link, off the top of my head. Ghirahim has unique fight intro and fight victory messages with him, too.
Imp Midna also informs Zant that she's going to have his head when they meet up, and I think Zant has something to say in the reverse situation.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Are those "purple skills" (the ones that require all three tiers of all weapons to begin unlocking) worth it? I've about got the Adventure map completed, I just need a few more tier 3 weapons for various underleveled characters, so the process is a pain in the rear end. I wanted to unlock those purple skills before getting too deep into Master Quest and Twilight map, but if they aren't worth it, gently caress it I'll move on.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Master Sword shoots lasers once you unlock that 25k skill.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Excels posted:

Master Sword shoots lasers once you unlock that 25k skill.

No, the Master Sword always shoots lasers at full health, the 25k skill just boosts its attack power to 500.

I'm not sure how worth it the 25k skills are in general, but I've been slowly unlocking them for lack of anything else to do while I bash my head against the TP maps over and over. Thankfully you only really have to unlock them once per weapon and then just shift the skill around as necessary.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

enojy posted:

Are those "purple skills" (the ones that require all three tiers of all weapons to begin unlocking) worth it? I've about got the Adventure map completed, I just need a few more tier 3 weapons for various underleveled characters, so the process is a pain in the rear end. I wanted to unlock those purple skills before getting too deep into Master Quest and Twilight map, but if they aren't worth it, gently caress it I'll move on.

It increases the weapon's base power to 300, same as the Master Sword. If the weapon has 5 stars it gets buffed to 450 total base power. It usually isn't worth it IMO.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, a third-tier weapon only gains 30 power from the ability. Worth it to unlock the master sword and any 1 or 2-tier weapons you really like the look of enough to use despite lacking ability slots, but not otherwise.

In other news, I finally tried out the dominion rod. HOLY SHITBALLS this thing is fun. If not for Twili Midna hitting people with a bridge and the craziness that is the great fairy, I'd nominate the rod's special attack for the best move in the game. I just did a pop-smack on twelve Fi, and it felt so good.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

kvx687 posted:

It increases the weapon's base power to 300, same as the Master Sword. If the weapon has 5 stars it gets buffed to 450 total base power. It usually isn't worth it IMO.

Ahh, OK, that's pretty crap. Thanks.

Some of these "A" rating weapons I still have left to collect are super far off, as in I take upwards of 15,000 damage, or take nearly a half hour to complete. Some of these characters aren't even that underleveled, either; Darunia is in the high 60's and he does jack poo poo damage to buffed Shield Moblins. Likewise, the one that forces Lana's summoning ring is tortuous.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, a third-tier weapon only gains 30 power from the ability. Worth it to unlock the master sword and any 1 or 2-tier weapons you really like the look of enough to use despite lacking ability slots, but not otherwise.

In other news, I finally tried out the dominion rod. HOLY SHITBALLS this thing is fun. If not for Twili Midna hitting people with a bridge and the craziness that is the great fairy, I'd nominate the rod's special attack for the best move in the game. I just did a pop-smack on twelve Fi, and it felt so good.

I hope you yell "HOME RUN!" every time you do it like a normal person.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

If not for Twili Midna hitting people with a bridge.

Does anyone have any clue *why* Twili Midna smacks people with a bridge? Is there some lore thing from Twilight Princess I'm forgetting or is there a bridge just because why the hell not?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Correnth posted:

Does anyone have any clue *why* Twili Midna smacks people with a bridge? Is there some lore thing from Twilight Princess I'm forgetting or is there a bridge just because why the hell not?

Midna can make a piece of bridge teleport later in the game to help you cross in two (maybe three, it's been awhile) locations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Never forget the Eldin Bridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.