Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

i never had access to anything. i was nice to people, i helped gather things, im not an autist and the illuminati (lol) gave me things i asked for. sorry this method of organization bothers you.

however, everyone getting angry at newbies to h1z1 can get hosed with a rusty rake though. seriously, calm down and take a newbie under your wing. help another nerd out.

idk, I though it was you/satan and one other guy who had access, maybe that was just satan and maniak? But yeah you've been helpful/maniak has been helpful, it was just a little obnoxious being told by <3-4 people no one else can be trusted even when I would personally be protecting their rooms all night/morning when no one else is on and had just put a bunch of duped ammo up in the chests for us to use. I don't think there is ever going to be a time when something like that doesn't annoy people. Unless you can imagine yourself handing over all of the good loot to me and letting me pick 2 other people to have access to it to hand out, it's a little retarded to expect me to be alright with others deciding to do the same. People are going to feel alienated by that kind of poo poo because it moves from community storage to Great Leader ration room. It'd honestly have bothered me less if those people just declared they had their own private stashes and they were willing to dupe good gear for goons, but instead it was more like.. well we've moved everything useful into a specific room a handful of us have access to, we'll let you pick something out if you behave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Chill out, dickwad.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Akumos posted:

idk, I though it was you/satan and one other guy who had access, maybe that was just satan and maniak? But yeah you've been helpful/maniak has been helpful, it was just a little obnoxious being told by <3-4 people no one else can be trusted even when I would personally be protecting their rooms all night/morning when no one else is on and had just put a bunch of duped ammo up in the chests for us to use. I don't think there is ever going to be a time when something like that doesn't annoy people. Unless you can imagine yourself handing over all of the good loot to me and letting me pick 2 other people to have access to it to hand out, it's a little retarded to expect me to be alright with others deciding to do the same. People are going to feel alienated by that kind of poo poo because it moves from community storage to Great Leader ration room. It'd honestly have bothered me less if those people just declared they had their own private stashes and they were willing to dupe good gear for goons, but instead it was more like.. well we've moved everything useful into a specific room a handful of us have access to, we'll let you pick something out if you behave.

I was on the fence about this game but if this is how the goon group is going to operate then gently caress that.

V - well that sounds reasonable...

The Shep fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 22, 2015

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

No one has any idea what Akumos is talking about. I think he is upset that every Goon isn't giving him the passwords to their rooms in the Goonfort so that he can rifle through all their stuff.

We had one communal setup at first but as things expanded people were picking rooms for themselves with their own passwords so that everything would stop instantly disappearing into the Goon masses or get robbed by pubs and I guess that's too exclusionary for him. I think we have a "dupe" room which basically no one has access to with an extra copy of everything so that if we accidentally run out of X thing we have a backup that no one can touch. Somehow this becomes "GOON ILLUMINATI IS loving ME".

His solution is apparently to set up his own room somewhere and not give anyone the password. :v:

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 21, 2015

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I was on the fence about this game but if this is how the goon group is going to operate then gently caress that.

Same here, it seems "goon drama ruins all our games" is still a thing...

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?
41MB patch is out and servers are starting to come back online

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

No one has any idea what Akumos is talking about. I think he is upset that every Goon isn't giving him the passwords to their rooms in the Goonfort.

We had one communal setup at first but as things expanded people were picking rooms for themselves with their own passwords so that everything would stop instantly disappearing into the Goon masses or get robbed by pubs and I guess that's too exclusionary for him.

His solution is apparently to set up his own room somewhere and not give anyone the password. :v:

lmao what? A few people literally setup a room they called "dupe room" and specified only a few people had access to protect goons from their own stupidity. This room had all of the useful guns/ammunition, and people had to ask permission to come inside and get their gear. To be fair there were enough people giving out the useful loot but it was still kind of awkward to have been duping for the camp one day and the next day I come on a few people declared themselves the only trustworthy people enough to horde the important items. It's honestly a super pointless debate at this point anyway because there is SO much loving duped gear/ammo out there that anyone can get you a set now to make your own stash, but the idea of it initially kind of threw me off because people were self appointing themselves the overseers of the camp, keeping the lowly peons away from their precious shekels.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 21, 2015

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Akumos posted:

lmao what? A few people literally setup a room they called "dupe room" and specified only a few people had access to protect goons from their own stupidity. This room had all of the useful guns/ammunition, and people had to ask permission to come inside and get their gear. To be fair there were enough people giving out the useful loot but it was still kind of awkward to have been duping for the camp one day and the next day I come on a few people declared themselves the only trustworthy people enough to horde the important items.

Yeah I edited my post a sec ago since you are trying really hard to find insidious goonfucking where there isn't any. The "dupe room" is just a room with a copy of everything important because we keep accidentally running out of stuff so we need a backup. That's all that's happening. All the other rooms are private stashes people have.

No one stole away all the good loot to hide it from you- it all got used up so people had to go to the dupe room and make new stuff.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
the best part is, i helped akumos setup his own stash of duped goods at goonfort two or three days ago just so he'd stop crying in mumble about it. i guess someone looted it all in a game about looting and here we are, typing about goonfucking or something. :cripes:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

the best part is, i helped akumos setup his own stash of duped goods at goonfort two or three days ago just so he'd stop crying in mumble about it. i guess someone looted it all in a game about looting and here we are, typing about goonfucking or something. :cripes:

Yeah and this is part of the reason it annoyed me, I wanted to get my own set of gear so I could self-sustain instead of begging for loot and I had to listen to you being a condescending shithead the entire time because I was trying to explain why I just wanted one box of my own copies. You helped me but you were really obnoxious in the process, it was very audibly obvious you were annoyed by me for no reason. I don't want to deal with that poo poo, and it's why I thought you had access.

Apparently the people questioning if this is how the group operates are correct, because you're now admitting that me simply wanting access to a set of gear so I can self-sustain is "crying".. yeah, I'm sure glad we had to setup that system, I love that you forced me to ask permission for gear so you can make fun of me for asking for gear. :pwn:

Akumos fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 21, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just stop, please. Back to discussing this bad zombie video game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
No don't stop.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
my last post on the matter: akumos, i only started messing with you after the 4th time you said "well i feel like i should have [atleast 100 words describing your special snowflake setup]." you were talking over a mumble channel of about 15 other goons also trying to communicate and someone had to placate you or suffer your autism. i wasn't even being all that rude about it but okay, whatever.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

my last post on the matter: akumos, i only started messing with you after the 4th time you said "well i feel like i should have [atleast 100 words describing your special snowflake setup]." you were talking over a mumble channel of about 15 other goons also trying to communicate and someone had to placate you or suffer your autism. i wasn't even being all that rude about it but okay, whatever.

I can stop after this too, but I don't really remember that at all, I'm pretty sure at the point we were doing that it was late into the night and people were pretty much done doing things. We were all just sitting around camp doing nothing, I wasn't interrupting important conversations, pretty sure that's just some imagined story. It's not like I asked you to log over to another character while you were raiding a camp and wouldn't shut up about it while others were coordinating something, there was nothing loving going on and you were still being a shithead about it. I probably repeated myself a few times because I wanted to explain my reasoning for making you go through the effort of duping gear for me, I didn't want it to seem pointless, I wanted to make it clear from that point I'd be keeping my own loot in check and wouldn't have to bother anyone else, god knows I didn't want to have to loving deal with people being whiny about me just talking about it anymore. Unfortunately this was before I knew you could just drop poo poo and relog, at this point we were still shooting each other in the head, otherwise I'd have just grabbed a bit of each and stopped talking and duped myself everything.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 21, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
I am going to remove your spine and make of it a stew.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Stop duping!

Or stop crying about losing your duped items!!

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
I wonder if zombies can have autism...

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Why the gently caress is "autism" being redefined as "talking about any topic in-depth/analyzing an issue"? I get that it's funny to say sometimes but it feels like you seriously have to pretend every thread is some GBS shitposting thread now or you're autistic.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Akumos posted:

Why the gently caress is "autism" being redefined as "talking about any topic in-depth/analyzing an issue"? I get that it's funny to say sometimes but it feels like you seriously have to pretend every thread is some GBS shitposting thread now or you're autistic.

While I agree that Games is going to poo poo in a handbasket, you're clearly taking this too seriously.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey wow 20 new posts in the thr:yikes:

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

This is a cool game and duping is for lame os. Make a bow and hunt the most dangerous game

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Why buy this game when you can just log into mumble/read the forums to enjoy a game with goons.

(I'm probably still going to buy the game later)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Stop, you're tearing yourselves apart before they add the fishing!

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Holy poo poo this nerdrage over communal loot in an Alpha Early Access game is so loving good.

Most likely after sleeping bags are implemented Goontana is going to became less "giant Dick shaped tower for us to ERP in" and more Shantytown. Every goon wants their own stash so no goddamn newbie immigrants can steal their water bottles while they jack it to a poster of Ayn Rand. It doesn't change that we will still meet up to keep the peace of Pleasant Valley.

Relax nerds. None of this poo poo right now is sustainable or matters. Sorry a goon triggered your inferiority complex. Go shoot a pubbie.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
This is why all I do is hunt Goons.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Haroshia posted:

Go shoot a pubbie.

Words of wisdom, Lloyd my man. Words of wisdom.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Floridiot posted:

This is why all I do is hunt Goons.

Most Spastic Game.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
Hunting goons is very worth while. One goon can be rendered into nearly one year of lamp oil.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That's quite a lot of words for I'm taking my dupes and going home.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
On a related note I really don't see why you guys think it is necessary to stay up all night and defend the base from endless waves of reddit glitchers. I understand you don't want to lose your hard-fought dupes but reality is people will always be attacking us while we sleep. No one should be required to be on 24/7 watch, its just impossible.

We appreciate the effort for sure and it made some great 8 vs 1 youtube videos, but I don't think any one would be mad if you just called it a night like the rest of us.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Prophecy120 posted:

On a related note I really don't see why you guys think it is necessary to stay up all night and defend the base from endless waves of reddit glitchers. I understand you don't want to lose your hard-fought dupes but reality is people will always be attacking us while we sleep. No one should be required to be on 24/7 watch, its just impossible.

We appreciate the effort for sure and it made some great 8 vs 1 youtube videos, but I don't think any one would be mad if you just called it a night like the rest of us.

Keep what you need to have on your character when you log, use your stash as temporary storage for when you are actually out in game doing things.

Don't expect your little house on the prairie won't get broken into, because it will. Building a foundation high off the ground is paramount if you want to avoid people glitching into your base, but this won't help against someone who has 5 minutes to waste bashing your door down with an axe.

e: also, why is Akumos complaining about not having his own stash of dupes when gear basically means nothing right now? who cares, just get a shotgun and shoot people.

Kevlar Beard fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 21, 2015

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Did they add competitive fishing in the last update

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Hey Akumos, tip for the future. Goons are generally fun cool people, if you're nice to them and just do what you can without whining that will 99% of the time get you more than you could ever want in a game like this. If you beg for handouts and make forums drama constantly nobody is going to want to do things for you.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
If you wanna make stuff a bit more secure against axe nerds, put a few rows of punji sticks in front of your door. They will have to stand on them to axe it and you can just walk over them for minor damage.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Clearly you guys need some sort of DKP system.

On another note I bought this game last night and I played for 2 minutes with the yellow circle thing before I gave up. So I hope to share my 'tism with you guys soon.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

snodig posted:

Did they add competitive fishing in the last update

can I dupe ur fish plz

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

kcer posted:

can I dupe ur fish plz

No I am very protective of my early-access alpha items that's going to be wiped once a week.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
It's pretty obvious my problem is with people self appointing their cliques the overseers of goon camps, not items. It just happens that as soon as duping was discovered, every useful gun was immediately shoved into their personal storage to be duped for them to hand out to people when they felt like it, instead of continuing to supply the community chests, even though goons would sit around all day defending them. Yeah, people would take too much poo poo out and waste it, but more people could've just started duping to spam more full chests of gear in there instead of playing dictator simulator where one guy is controlling the most important room in the base and deciding who gets to have gear or not. Basically what I'm saying is, what the gently caress was the point of gathering goons if they're just going to horde everything to hand out? It seemed like it was supposed to be a community effort to defend and share, there was a point where they literally had people form a single file line to take gear and be checked for what was being carried out. It was like the loving apocalypse TSA.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Okay yes, results are in you're autistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

lol, my experience was: "I need some good stuff", "Okay, here you go!"

• Locked thread