Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Molybdenum posted:

I'd probably use a storm crow playmat. I don't think the joke is funny, but the nerd reactions would be worth it.

No one would care. You are all way more embarrassing than people joking around about a boring card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Now a sexualized storm crow playmat is what you really want.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

BrokenKnees posted:

Now a sexualized storm crow playmat is what you really want.

brb commissioning Steve Argyle to do anthropomorphic storm crow playmat.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I want a non anthropomorphic one

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Storm Crow x Sorin x Jace

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Speaking of Storm Crow (that dumb joke started on Gatherer comments, right?) has the rating and commenting worked on Gatherer at all for the last year?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Entropic posted:

Speaking of Storm Crow (that dumb joke started on Gatherer comments, right?) has the rating and commenting worked on Gatherer at all for the last year?

Nope

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Which is the shittier magic joke: Storm Crow, or Chimney Imp (broken because he untaps for free)?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yawgmoth posted:

Which is the shittier magic joke: Storm Crow, or Chimney Imp (broken because he untaps for free)?

Storm Crow is always the worst joke.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Having actually opened many packs with Storm Crows, not to mention lots of Squires, I can tell you that it was not funny at all to 15-year-old me.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The answer is neither; people getting irate about a dumb joke and obsessing over how unfunny it is will always be more annoying than the dumb joke itself.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

a dozen swans posted:

Force of Will is from Antiquities, and is the best card. Accordingly, any blue card, which you can pitch to it, is (stick with the logic here) also the best card. Even that lovely blue common flyer from the same set.

Add time and a telephone game and you have, like, the closest jokes get to undeath

FoW is from Alliances. It is, however, the best card.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

I actually run Chimney Imp in my Shirei EDH deck. People have literally scooped to him hitting the board.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I prefer magic jokes to be nicknames like when Skithrex was always called Skittles and whenever I drafted Galvanic Juggernaut it was Big Jugs and so on. Moonsocks, anime jace, etc etc.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I prefer magic jokes to be nicknames like when Skithrex was always called Skittles and whenever I drafted Galvanic Juggernaut it was Big Jugs and so on. Moonsocks, anime jace, etc etc.

I've gotten so used to calling Savage Punch "Bear Punch" I forget sometimes it's not the actual name of the card.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I will stand by the fact that Skrillex is the better confidant unlike that other weirdo.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Yawgmoth posted:

Some of us have been untapping the pImp since 2003. That's a legacy, man.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Entropic posted:

I've gotten so used to calling Savage Punch "Bear Punch" I forget sometimes it's not the actual name of the card.
I do not know a single person who refers to Butt Fight by its actual name.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Grey Merchant is still Gary to everyone I know.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Chill la Chill posted:

I will stand by the fact that Skrillex is the better confidant unlike that other weirdo.

You know, Skrillex was never banned from sanctioned Magic.

Ramos posted:

Grey Merchant is still Gary to everyone I know.

Gary will always be Garruk.

I have some pretty dumb nicknames. I like to pronounce Daze like it's Italian (sounds like Yahtzay,) Brianstorm, Dr. Shaman, Ms.Villainess, and of course my 2nd favorite Innistrad block creature..... Mascara Wurm. And when I attack with Dark Confidant I like to say "Skrillex drops the beats." :v:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I acknowledge whether my theros Gods are gods by saying stuff like "nylea's a dude."

I also call Swiftspear "soulful-eyed Asian chick staring off into the distance"

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

kizudarake posted:

I also call Swiftspear "soulful-eyed Asian chick staring off into the distance"

It's Taylor Swiftspear heathen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone going down the Tasigur Whip rabbit hole?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

mcmagic posted:

Anyone going down the Tasigur Whip rabbit hole?

Currently testing him as a 2-of.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Balon posted:

Currently testing him as a 2-of.

I think you want him in a Sidisi shell, not a constellation one.... Could be wrong about that though...

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

mcmagic posted:

I think you want him in a Sidisi shell, not a constellation one.... Could be wrong about that though...

That's exactly what I'm testing him in.

e: He's a method to dig for whip before you have a whip. If you have a whip on the board he doesn't serve a lot of purpose aside from being a body and trying to get fuel in to your yard.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Madmarker posted:

It's Taylor Swiftspear heathen.

She should be blonde and also not using her spear to arch her back to stick her tits out, then.

Now excuse me while I tell my TC including 5 color burn deck that "we are nevere ever ever getting back together."

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Chill la Chill posted:

I like the composition of the new Dark Confidant a lot better but not the actual, like, guy in it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Balon posted:

That's exactly what I'm testing him in.

e: He's a method to dig for whip before you have a whip. If you have a whip on the board he doesn't serve a lot of purpose aside from being a body and trying to get fuel in to your yard.

He's' awesome in any late game stall. How many TC are you playing? I was even thinking of one of dead drop or 3x TC just because delving bad cards out of your GY makes him so much better. If you're playing Torrent Elemental even more so.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mcmagic posted:

He's' awesome in any late game stall. How many TC are you playing? I was even thinking of one of dead drop or 3x TC just because delving bad cards out of your GY makes him so much better. If you're playing Torrent Elemental even more so.

I like Tasigur for his cheap body :heysexy:, but I don't see him seeing much play. I played Sultai in one of my pre-releases and basically had the perfect set up for him.
Turn 7 board stall.
10 non land cards in my grave
Tossed him out for 1 delving out all the chaff leaving a Villainous Wealth, Sultai Charm, Dig Through Time (yes, it was a pretty sweet pool), Wooly Loxodon, and Abomination of Gudul. I activated him 3 times over the next two turns and each time, he popped one land and one dud early drop into my grave.

Granted, you get far more chances in constructed to sculpt the top of your deck and grave, but 4 mana is a huge tempo loss to pick up a Sylvan Caryatid or Satyr Wayfinder out of your grave.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I've been goldfishing 2x Torrent Elemental in my Sidisi Whip deck and it seems like a ridiculous beater of a card. Whipping it out is almost always a lethal swing or near to it, and being able to delve it -> bring it in is amazing. And of course being immune to banishing light et al. is just sprinkles on top.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Entropic posted:

The answer is neither; people getting irate about a dumb joke and obsessing over how unfunny it is will always be more annoying than the dumb joke itself.

This happens far less than the number of people who won't stop "the cake is a lie"-ing this into the ground.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Okay, so I'm not actually missing anything in regards to Stormcrow being something dumb and forced. Thanks!

I'm not sure if I wanna run U/B control or Sidisi Whip with Tagisur now. :ohdear:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

AlternateNu posted:

I like Tasigur for his cheap body :heysexy:, but I don't see him seeing much play. I played Sultai in one of my pre-releases and basically had the perfect set up for him.
Turn 7 board stall.
10 non land cards in my grave
Tossed him out for 1 delving out all the chaff leaving a Villainous Wealth, Sultai Charm, Dig Through Time (yes, it was a pretty sweet pool), Wooly Loxodon, and Abomination of Gudul. I activated him 3 times over the next two turns and each time, he popped one land and one dud early drop into my grave.

Granted, you get far more chances in constructed to sculpt the top of your deck and grave, but 4 mana is a huge tempo loss to pick up a Sylvan Caryatid or Satyr Wayfinder out of your grave.

I think he'd see play even w/o the the non-delve text.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rinkles posted:

I think he'd see play even w/o the the non-delve text.

Yeah but the delve text makes him work a lot better.

You can delve him out and get rid of all the choices your opponent would rather be making for his ability, like say, a mana dork.

Edit: I can't read

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 21, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Count Bleck posted:

You can delve him out and get rid of all the choices your opponent would rather be making for his ability, like say, a mana dork.

Except my point was that unless you can perfectly control the top of your deck, you're not guaranteed poo poo. Hell, one thing I forgot to mention in my example up there was that I also had Frontier Siege out, so his ability only really cost me 2 mana. And it still didn't net me anything backbreaking.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Count Bleck posted:

Other way - he was saying "4/5 legendary 5B Delve" is playable. Which, y'know, I think I agree.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

mcmagic posted:

For the same reason I've tested Tasigur I'm actually testing DTT rather than cruise. You NEED the whip, and if you don't have it then games are painful.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Tiago, Bob, Young Peezy, Goofy, and (sigh) Stoneforge Mystic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

Except my point was that unless you can perfectly control the top of your deck, you're not guaranteed poo poo. Hell, one thing I forgot to mention in my example up there was that I also had Frontier Siege out, so his ability only really cost me 2 mana. And it still didn't net me anything backbreaking.

"I had Azure Mage going in the control mirror and activated it 8 times in a game. It never drew me a relevant spell and I ended up losing. Azure Mage actually doesn't do anything."

• Locked thread