Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

How is Lightning Returns?

It is good, but you might as well wait until it comes to steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

was the evil within really bad?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bobnumerotres posted:

No.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

No... It was loving horrible!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was the new wolfenstein good? It seemed fuckin cool

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

impsensus (imp consensus) is that it's one of like 3 decent games to come out in the latter half of 2014 and the rest of the games that came out at that time were so poo poo that it was just really really good in comparison

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
isnt that just your opinion lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Is the Lufia 2 remake on the DS any good? Local store has a used copy.

I really enjoyed 2 on the SNES and the Ancient Cave took up way too much of my time.

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 21, 2015

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Is Elder Scrolls Online worth buying now that there's no sub to pay?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

:whitewater:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yes

you shoot nazis on the moon and have emotions

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

hey guys, no one was playing the epic Skyrim Online game, so they made it free. must be good right?

Dec 26, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

wouldnt take you long to see for yourself

(no)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I really enjoyed 2 on the SNES and the Ancient Cave took up way too much of my time.

they turned it into a lovely arpg with grinding and terrible platforming. stay far far away.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's completely changed and not for the better.

Hope you like generic action RPGs.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

No Such Thing posted:

they turned it into a lovely arpg with grinding and terrible platforming. stay far far away.

Phantasium posted:

It's completely changed and not for the better.

Hope you like generic action RPGs.

Thank you. I shall stay far away and just use the romhack that fixes a few of the bigger errors if I want to play it again.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Bobnumerotres posted:

hey guys, no one was playing the epic Skyrim Online game, so they made it free. must be good right?

It's not free, you still have to buy it. There's just no monthly sub anymore.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Thank you. I shall stay far away and just use the romhack that fixes a few of the bigger errors if I want to play it again.

U e MoV T Cave is cool

i would want one that fixed all the glitches that harmed the game without fixing goofy stuff like that and 3y kingdom

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It was vastly better than anyone expected it to be. Idk how much it costs on steam right now but I'd say buy it for around $30-40

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone said "Sparkster is like Sonic except not bad" is this true

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
new wolfenstein is a GOOD GAME

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Sparkster is a novel game but the only thing it shares with sonic is being a platformer rodent who can go fast in bursts. The remake is not as good in my opinion and the sequel changes a lot of stuff up.

D4 is a decent mystery adventure game (take that as the faint praise it is) that is surprisingly good with Kinect. You'll still use a controller mind you. If you dig point and click and supernatural mysteries that very badly want to be creepier and more surreal then they are its a must download for free this month.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is hunniepop good?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

Is hunniepop good?

It keeps showing up on my Steam and I read some of the user reviews and it sounds kind of flat. Like you just memorize likes/dislikes and then play some match 3 game. Some people said the writing was okay? I don't know. It sounds pretty meh for a dating sim but I've never really played one so I have no frame of reference.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It was vastly better than anyone expected it to be. Idk how much it costs on steam right now but I'd say buy it for around $30-40

It seems rad but it's still 60 dollars on steam for some reason, I'll be waiting for the next sale

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Blackheart posted:

Rocket Knight Adventures is good.

The two different games called Sparkster are not as good.

The 2.5D game called Rocket Knight is okay.

None of them are like Sonic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So Update on D4: Lol this game is never going to be finished and it ends on a cliffhanger so early you can't make heads or tails of the story. Sorry, Swery, nobody has a Bone and gives a poo poo about this game.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
unless ur playing crusader kings 2 it's a bad game.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
i'm on the 3rd phoenix wright game and it's bad so far. are the apollo justice or miles edgeworth games fun?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

MPLS to NOLA posted:

i'm on the 3rd phoenix wright game and it's bad so far. are the apollo justice or miles edgeworth games fun?

I didn't play aj, but I kinda liked the edgeworth games, the first one at least. they were super easy, but it's a nice diversion from pw since people treat the protag like he's competent.

I understand that a lot of people don't care for the investigation games, tho.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

MPLS to NOLA posted:

The third one is the best, IMO. It has kind of a slow start but cases 4 and 5 are super epic. Apollo Justice isn't bad but it doesn't live up to the rest of the series and in the overarching plot Phoenix really overshadows Apollo. The Edgeworth games are fun but it starts to get a little contrived towards the end of the first one.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
The edgeworth games are presented more like point and click adventures. Still the same linear storytelling though, with obligatory flashback case, so ymmv if phoenix wright is already wearing thin. You rarely actually step inside a courtroom and most of the gameplay is investigating crime scenes and trying to deduce the culprit.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

is super motherload a good game to play one player? i like tunneling in games but i don't know if it's real coop heavy or what.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

i'm interested in playing an smt game, but i'm not interested in persona. which would imp zone recommend?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

liquid courage posted:

i'm interested in playing an smt game, but i'm not interested in persona. which would imp zone recommend?

Either Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne if you can snag a copy or Shin Megami Tensei 4 if you want an easier experience with a lot more quality of life improvements*

*Map of Tokyo Neighborhoods not included, hope you like learning rough geography well enough to visit someday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you stop playing SMT4 for any reason for longer than a day or two you're guaranteed for be get lost, just fyi. Also play persona, what the hell is wrong with you.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

If you stop playing SMT4 for any reason for longer than a day or two you're guaranteed for be get lost, just fyi. Also play persona, what the hell is wrong with you.
as soon as someone mentioned high school sim bit, i lost interest. sounds dumb as hell. digital devil saga looks like it might be more my speed, i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

I've never played persona and have never seen anything remotely convincing. Sell it.

• Locked thread