Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

forge posted:

Goon Illuminati hasn't voted yet, please stand by!

We have voted. You don't get to know the result.

In all seriousness, we spent hours doing tedious rear end duping in this buggy game so those who just wanted to roll out as a pack and purge the town could, and we had a loving blast doing that. The duping room and master copies were simply so we could keep supplying everyone with whatever they needed or wanted, so they could enjoy the game in its current state as all the loot was.. nonexistent. If you're upset about everything disappearing, it's because we would break ammo into stacks, but people would take all the stacks, and within minutes 10k+ rounds for the .223 were gone, and over 1500 shotgun shells were gone. People would grab poo poo, run out, die, repeat.

That was the point of the locked room. So we always had copies to make more. I gave 6 people the code to the door, and we always let people in, and we made sure at least one of us was there to let people in constantly. This limited how quickly everything would disappear.

If you have issues with people self-appointing or people giving orders and others following them, then go elsewhere. If we self-appoint and give orders to organize anything and people want to follow, it shouldn't bother you. Unless you want to be the leader. If so, then lead.

But you can't, because the Goon Illuminati has decided.

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Wow, how dare you guys decide to do anything while I'm at work.

MY VOTE MATTERS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
fish

eeriepanda
Dec 8, 2009
How are you guys glitching walls/gates w/o relogging?

Edit: Oh wow, all the plebs left (Reddit). They moved servers due to QQing about the wall glitch exploit. I'll keep my small crew about to fight you guys but I was hoping the larger pleb group would stay to have sheep to kill.

eeriepanda fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 21, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

eeriepanda posted:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Wait they were complaining about glitching?

eeriepanda
Dec 8, 2009

Orv posted:

Wait they were complaining about glitching?

I think you give them too much credit if you think they were glitching your base. Probably some Russians. Besides, everyone knows the coords to the GoonBase 2.0. You like Tacos.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
redditors are dumb whiny babies who make things a much bigger deal than it ever actually is so im not surprised

lots of people to kill on the server yet though

Orv
May 4, 2011
True enough.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

eeriepanda posted:

Edit: Oh wow, all the plebs left (Reddit). They moved servers due to QQing about the wall glitch exploit. I'll keep my small crew about to fight you guys but I was hoping the larger pleb group would stay to have sheep to kill.

If you mean the base we raided just a little while ago I ran in what looked like an open hole in the wall and shotgunned the two people defending inside. Then as the others came up behind me they were like "how the gently caress did you get inside???" because they were stopped at a gate that I couldn't see and therefore could pass right through. I waited while they hacked down the gate then we hacked our way inside the rest of the way with axes.

eeriepanda
Dec 8, 2009

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

If you mean the base we raided just a little while ago I ran in what looked like an open hole in the wall and shotgunned the two people defending inside. Then as the others came up behind me they were like "how the gently caress did you get inside???" because they were stopped at a gate that I couldn't see and therefore could pass right through. I waited while they hacked down the gate then we hacked our way inside the rest of the way with axes.

Yeah I figured it was a bug with the game. Sometimes player structures don't load for me either. These guys are QQing that you're all hackers and exploiters, loving plebs. Anyhow they're all off the server, great raid on Zimms then. I hope you guys caught it on video.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I am taking full credit for running Reddit off our server. Thanks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

:agreed:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So is the game just chock full of pubbies to murder?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Yes.

Protip: when killing pubs out in the wilderness, yell at them to put their hands up with F2. That way you can kill them easier.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

Slightly less pubbies now.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

So, they pushed us out of our base, we regroup and push them out of theirs and they leave the server? Shameful.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I imagine there will still be a queue at nights though, so around 200 people on at any given time

(I've been too busy to hop on the last night or two though - so this might not be the case)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also a reminder again - don't care about your stuff

do you have a gun and ammo? sweet - go hog wild with that poo poo
do you not? make a bow, maybe make a spear and kill pubbies and take their stuff

or at least hurt them really badly so someone else kills them

its the circle of life

eeriepanda
Dec 8, 2009

Google Butt posted:

So, they pushed us out of our base, we regroup and push them out of theirs and they leave the server? Shameful.

They're kinda a cluster. Like that goon earlier that whined about moving server... imagine a whole group of them. I'm staying on Requiem though with a few others repping the blue helmet.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

eeriepanda posted:

They're kinda a cluster. Like that goon earlier that whined about moving server... imagine a whole group of them. I'm staying on Requiem though with a few others repping the blue helmet.

Huh. I mean pub stomping is fun and all, but it's also fun to have a rival group around. You should convince them to come back.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
If I wanted to be a weird loner and kill pubbies would I get poo poo from goons or would I get a free pass?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

If I wanted to be a weird loner and kill pubbies would I get poo poo from goons or would I get a free pass?

I don't think anyone cares, but if you expect to not get shot on sight by goons, make sure you're in the Mumble.

eeriepanda
Dec 8, 2009

Google Butt posted:

Huh. I mean pub stomping is fun and all, but it's also fun to have a rival group around. You should convince them to come back.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd be a rival group and we'd see a war going on. (I'd still bet on goons winning that, but at least it'd be fun).

edit: alternatively they're playing on little hotel if you want to go do an away mission to roll them there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

man you should play and just, like, do whatever you want

goons won't give you poo poo if you don't want to share

the only thing is, we kill pretty much everyone we see including sometimes goons because there is the cry of "IS X A GOON?"

and if you aren't in there and the few goons who know you for a goon for a fact don't respond, they just will think you are a pubbie and kill you

so basically just get on mumble if you want to not be killed on sight by goons because there isn't really a good way to tell

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

There are some other groups like the one I have been calling the Cranberry Crew. It's 4 or 5 dudes and they exclusively hang out in you guessed it, Cranberry.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I played with a few goons Monday night, cracked some jokes and shot a couple pubbie scavengers. They called me a human being in retaliation

:feelsgood:

If that sounds like a good time buy this game

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Eonwe posted:

also a reminder again - don't care about your stuff

do you have a gun and ammo? sweet - go hog wild with that poo poo
do you not? make a bow, maybe make a spear and kill pubbies and take their stuff

or at least hurt them really badly so someone else kills them

its the circle of life

In the brief time that I got to play this the other day, beating down bow-wielding pubbies with a branch was pretty effective.

Also, I'm amazed at some people getting worked up about gear in a game where you are likely to die several times in a session and also in a game where everything will probably be wiped a billion times. :shrug:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Had some more time to play this. I found a town and went into a police station. While I was checking weapon lockers, someone sneaked behind me and shot an arrow at me. Missed, resulting in me hitting him with a stick while he took aim again. He dashed upstairs and I gave chase. Right as I closed in on him, he shot me in the face with an arrow. If this sounds familiar to anyone, I was shirtless and only looking for a good time.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Stringbean posted:

Had some more time to play this. I found a town and went into a police station. While I was checking weapon lockers, someone sneaked behind me and shot an arrow at me. Missed, resulting in me hitting him with a stick while he took aim again. He dashed upstairs and I gave chase. Right as I closed in on him, he shot me in the face with an arrow. If this sounds familiar to anyone, I was shirtless and only looking for a good time.

Games > H1Z1: Shirtless and looking for a good goon time

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
ITT: People mad about loot when you can literally PVP as effectively with a bow compared to any projectile weapon.

I never had a problem getting gear from Maniak, satan, or anyone else, all I had to do was ask if I needed something. I also brought back parts we needed for duping, because the system worked.

You just have to keep an open heart and mind -- EVERYTHING I stored in camp got used by other goons but unless it was on my character, I thought that was the point of goonionism. I stored it precisely because I didn't need it at the time, and re-equipping after dying takes exactly 45 seconds.

I think people put too much emphasis on the base. If basing was needed in H1Z1 for personal reasons, we'd all have towers like we did in Rust, where we had communal stuff set up and no one cared. TBH, if Satan and maniak want to spend hours duping gear for loving everyone, just be grateful, take your handouts, and get back to killing pubbies.

Manufactured drama in games with goons is stupid, especially when, lets be honest, leading content with goons (speaking from experience) is such a loving thankless job, made insufferable by an ever present autistic, vocal minority posting on threads and crying on mumble when 98% of goons are having fun with each other. So if you don't like things in camp, you can raid with me, or kindly just gently caress off and make your own ghetto and run it your way.

I'm also sad if reddit is totally gone. I was hoping for some major competition and farming.

Oh well.

:toot:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

If bases aren't important, let's have reqium be our home and continually chase reddit down on whatever sever they're on.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Stringbean posted:

Might have been me. I spawned on the roof and got jumped by two guys, then another that showed up after i cleared them out.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
Forward Operating Base Rosebud rear end in a top hat is operational.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

We charged a base in the middle of the gigantic flat open area in the middle of The Villas Development all screaming and firing guns at the 10 guys in there. They scattered all over. It was amazing.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.

automaticswim posted:

In all seriousness, we spent hours doing tedious rear end duping in this buggy game so those who just wanted to roll out as a pack and purge the town could, and we had a loving blast doing that.

According to the redditors, this is the reason they left.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I didn't see them throwing away the gear they looted off of goons because it was duped. That's just sad, and I here I thought redditors had thicker skin than this.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

They spent what, 3 hours glitching into Detroit? I can't muster any sympathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Where at?

• Locked thread