Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
Turns out it's an issue with FolderIcons crashing whenever you go into landscape mode. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
drat, Slices is just about the best tweak there is out there. Easily worth the 2$ if you have more than one account in, well, anything.

It's a per-app profile manager so that you can easily juggle multiple accounts in any apps you've got.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wasn't Slices an app?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I asked this before but I got nothing. Gonna ask again in case any things changed.

Is there an alternative to infinidock that works with a 6+ in landscape mode?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Are there tweaks available that make notifications pause media player audio rather than make the main audio stream quiet and then talk over it? Navigation directions, especially repetitive ones, ruin podcasts.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

GutBomb posted:

Are there tweaks available that make notifications pause media player audio rather than make the main audio stream quiet and then talk over it? Navigation directions, especially repetitive ones, ruin podcasts.

God I would love this as well.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
What's the word on battery life with just a few of the regular tweaks installed? Got an iPhone 6+ and this is the longest I've left any iPhone stock at all.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Apollo posted:

What's the word on battery life with just a few of the regular tweaks installed? Got an iPhone 6+ and this is the longest I've left any iPhone stock at all.
No noticeable difference here, but I'm simply a "it generally lasts me through most of the day if I use it regularly" kind of guy rather than a "it dropped 6% in the past 30 minutes while driving to work AAAAHHH WHATS GOING ON??????" kind of guy. :shobon:

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Is there a lockscreen theme that looks as awesome/minimalistic as typophone for iphone 6?

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Did we ever get a mac jailbreak for OS 8.1.2? Last I had heard it was PC.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

derekcooper posted:

Did we ever get a mac jailbreak for OS 8.1.2? Last I had heard it was PC.

Pretty sure one just came out yesterday or today but I can't vouch for it. Haven't been following things lately.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

spongeworthy posted:

Pretty sure one just came out yesterday or today but I can't vouch for it. Haven't been following things lately.

Just to save y'all from looking too hard:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/01/18/jailbreak-ios-8-1-2-pp-jailbreak-mac/

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Is there an app that will allow me to send texts using using a keyboard stroke? Having to press send after typing messages is bullshit.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Isn't send a keyboard stroke?

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
He's talking about using a bluetooth keyboard. There's no send key

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Irealsms had a cool feature to send texts. I think it was double tap enter. Hasn't been updated since like ios5 :/

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

iKeyWi was updated to version 3 for ios 8 but it doesn't support iPads and iKeyWi HD doesn't seem to be getting the same treatment. Can I get a recommendation for a good replacement?

The appstore version is garbage, don't recommend that. In fact, don't recommend any official appstore third party keyboards. The way ios handles it is bad. I just want a (or a few, whatever) nice jailbreak tweak.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
ReturnToSender allows sending via the enter button on quick reply, not sure about anywhere else.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Totally new to jailbroken iphone. The reddit threads helped get me there but now I'm like.. what are the best things to check out right now? It seems tweaks/apps move so quickly its hard to keep up with what's cool to check out or do.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Check out my recentish posts in this thread. Tage is by far my favorite

The big one for most is f.lux. Bitesms as well but it isn't updated yet.

Also for me the ones I list below and facebooknoneedmessenger and swipeselection and noslowanimations

Ok I highly recommend checking out tage If you liked zephyr or Auxo 2. There's a 3 day trial but it's like $2 otherwise. Not sure how it'll work with the new Auxo (whenever it comes) looks like it's one or the other

Virtual home is also pretty great. Anyone with a 5s or up should check it out.

Showcase is also another really simple but great tweak (Shows keyboard letters as lowercase when applicable)

And of course flip control center if you haven't used that before

Mobius also works and is free. It's like wraparound. http://repo.tylercasson.com/

Also apparently a bitesms update is coming

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/10/...s-8-update.html

Christoff posted:
Tage (like zephyr for multitasking)
Möbius (go left on first app page to go to the last and vice versa)
Bloard (dark keyboard)
Cylinder (like barrel)
Betterfiveicondock
Detailedbatteryusage (doesn't show anything abnormal)
Virtual home
Flipcontrolcenter (add or remove toggles from the swipe up thing)
Zeppelin (change carrier logo)
Noslowanimations
Showcase (show lower case on keyboard when applicable)
Swipeselection (move keyboard cursor left or right by swiping on the keyboard. Highly recommend)
F.lux
Springtomize 3 (haven't enabled anything yet)

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 21, 2015

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Is there any sort of folder icon app that actually works on 6+? FolderIcon crashes in landscape mode and CustomFolderIcons crashes consistently when opening certain folders.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Not an Anthem posted:

Totally new to jailbroken iphone. The reddit threads helped get me there but now I'm like.. what are the best things to check out right now? It seems tweaks/apps move so quickly its hard to keep up with what's cool to check out or do.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/tag/jailbreak-apps-tweaks/

This is my go-to for a curated look at new tweaks as they get released. Their showcase videos are very useful

Keep in mind that you don't need to keep adding new tweaks. If you're happy with your set up, no need to add to the pile. I only install tweaks if I'm deliberately looking to fix an annoyance or some new app does something completely amazing. My JB set up is very lean.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Jailbreaking really only works in the other direction. You should only JB and install apps if you know what it is you want to change or fix.

Coming in here and asking for what's hot is running your hand through hay hoping to get pricked by the needle.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Zigmidge posted:

Jailbreaking really only works in the other direction. You should only JB and install apps if you know what it is you want to change or fix.

Coming in here and asking for what's hot is running your hand through hay hoping to get pricked by the needle.

Main one was tethering but I didn't know what there was to offer... not sure why you're so negative considering this is the "iOS jailbreaking thread"

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Not an Anthem posted:

Main one was tethering but I didn't know what there was to offer...

Depends on what you like. There's various emulators, bluetooth connections for things like PS3/4 controllers, lockscreen tweaks, visual tweaks (so many visual tweaks)...

A good place to start, to be honest, is just by pulling up Cydia and hitting "Featured"; most of the regular recommendations tend to show up in there sooner or later.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Not an Anthem posted:

not sure why you're so negative considering this is the "iOS jailbreaking thread"

There really wasn't a hint of negativity to his post. I'm not sure why you're so sensitive.

I like Bars. And I like Barrel. And iCleaner Pro. And GhostPrefs for Snapchat.

And holy poo poo, IntelliscreenX is loving cool as hell. Plus it comes with messages plus! And plus you get this bad rear end app switcher functionality. It's like three apps in one, a great value.

With the app switcher, you slide down from the top left of the screen for a menu of your open apps. Tap on one and it slides on top of the current one. after that when you press the home button, you're taken to the previous app you switched from! It's really slick, you can stack as many apps as you'd like from what I can see.

You can also permanently affix an app to the slide down menu by tapping and holding and dragging an icon above the white line. It will always appear there. Pretty loving bad rear end app right there.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is backgrounder or an equivalent still around? I like using youtube as a music player, but I need to be able to use other apps while YouTube runs in the background.

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

Anyone know of a good caller ID toggle? I use my personal mobile for work calls and need to turn off my caller ID when I do. I used to use sbsettings but haven't found an alternative.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Settings.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
I just bought my new iPhone 6 and I'm unsure if I should Jailbreak it or not, I'm afraid it'll become slower and slower like it happened with my iPhone 4s, and it stayed like that even after a reset, but jailbreak has so many useful functions. Is there a Jailbreak for ios 8 out though? On the OP there's only the 7 ones.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

NyxBiker posted:

I just bought my new iPhone 6 and I'm unsure if I should Jailbreak it or not, I'm afraid it'll become slower and slower like it happened with my iPhone 4s, and it stayed like that even after a reset, but jailbreak has so many useful functions. Is there a Jailbreak for ios 8 out though? On the OP there's only the 7 ones.

You should be fine. Jailbreaks are completely reversible. I'm guessing you aren't attempting to overclock your iPhone and your previous experience may be just a hardware defect in the phone. I have a launch iPhone 6 that I've jailbroken and I've had no performance issues at all. Obviously YMMV, but I can't believe a jailbreak would cause issues like you describe after removing it unless you are messing with processor overclocks which is really unnecessary. Just google taig iOS 8 jailbreak to jailbreak.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

NyxBiker posted:

Nah bro, if anything a jailbreak will help if you install things to speed up animations (springtomize is my favorite way of doing it because it includes a bevy of other fixes). Just don't overload it too much with tweaks and you'll be fine. It's very easy to get carried away.

The OP is hopelessly out of date. There is a jailbreak for the latest version 8.1.2 found here: http://www.taig.com/en/

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Does anyone know where the folder is located with the photos/videos from my message? I'm having an issue with my 6 and need to setup as a new phone so that Apple can diagnose an issue. I'm not JB'ed at the moment but I'll do it to save MMS (unless there's a different way).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It took a lot of Google fu and weeding out the bullshit but I remember there was a windows program that could pull your text/mms. It had a trial or limit I think. Or if it's worth it to you to buy it

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

It took a lot of Google fu and weeding out the bullshit but I remember there was a windows program that could pull your text/mms. It had a trial or limit I think. Or if it's worth it to you to buy it

I've used DiskAid (they might have rebranded as iMazing?) for a long bit to extract specific items from iOS backups. It's got limits on the trial version, but it's well worth it.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
The iMessage database is 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28 in an iTunes backup but I'm not sure if it contains your photos or not.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

I've used DiskAid (they might have rebranded as iMazing?) for a long bit to extract specific items from iOS backups. It's got limits on the trial version, but it's well worth it.

This program was specifically for texts/mms and organized them all nice and neat like

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

This program was specifically for texts/mms and organized them all nice and neat like

iBackupBot

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Are there any good resources for Groovylock themes? I almost want to start my own site hosting them it's so frustrating.

Though the designs I've seen so far, woof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

tesilential posted:

Is backgrounder or an equivalent still around? I like using youtube as a music player, but I need to be able to use other apps while YouTube runs in the background.

I wanna know this too. Havnt found one easily.

• Locked thread