Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think people were holding out for the better poster designs to arrive. Like, the Robin/Lucina newcomer artwork is the best of the bunch and people would probably snatch up a poster of that.

this one is really good but i like shulk's more. really hope they do another set with those two and greninja's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Also, since Rainbow Curse is purposefully made with the Gamepad as its priority, I wonder if what we'll see on the TV shows more of the level or if it'll just be 1:1.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So Prime Trilogy is coming out on the 29th? Totally missed the announcement for that. For the original version, were you forced to use motion controls for Prime 1/2? Will I have to break out the sensor bar if I want to play it at all on my Wii U?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oxyclean posted:

So Prime Trilogy is coming out on the 29th? Totally missed the announcement for that. For the original version, were you forced to use motion controls for Prime 1/2? Will I have to break out the sensor bar if I want to play it at all on my Wii U?

Yes you need motion controls but you can use your gamepad as a sensor bar. You know that darker black strip at the top of the gamepad that runs parallel to the screen? That turns on when in Wii mode or when pointer controls are needed and functions as the sensor bar.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
Walmart is rapidly selling out of that deal. I couldn't secure one fast enough.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

noirstronaut posted:

And gameXplain has uploaded the first world or some levels from it!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZLCn6eOKOyHg_kBpyzdJH0H7B4vbIkrk&spfreload=10

Jesus Christ that is a blasphemously good looking game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Artix posted:

Wasn't all the Ocarina "offensive" stuff changed in V1.1, which was made in Japan before 1.0 even released in NA/Europe to begin with? Whatever the reason was, it was probably an internal thing, not because some soccer mom flipped out.

I have the golf cart of OoT and it has all the offensive stuff in it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is today the last day for :10bux: galaxy 2?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You missed my point, the gold cart is 1.0, what I'm saying is that stuff was changed in 1.1, which was in production in Japan before the 1.0 gold carts released worldwide.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

ChaosArgate posted:

Yes you need motion controls but you can use your gamepad as a sensor bar. You know that darker black strip at the top of the gamepad that runs parallel to the screen? That turns on when in Wii mode or when pointer controls are needed and functions as the sensor bar.

Doesn't the Wii U already have its own sensor bar? Or is the one in the gamepad specifically built for the Wii?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Although early carts were manufactured and released with those elements, the build that made changes to stuff like the Fire Temple music was actually dated before the game's launch date. It was all tweaked pre-release, which means those changes weren't in response to any outcry.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The blocks in OoT didn't get changed until the rereleases, it was the original Fire Temple music that had Quran verses in it that they changed originally, and this conversation is retarded.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

homeless snail posted:

The blocks in OoT didn't get changed until the rereleases, it was the original Fire Temple music that had Quran verses in it that they changed originally, and this conversation is retarded.

There's green blood in the Greatest Hits version! I dunno about the blocks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The music in Rainbow Curse sounds seriously great, if the early levels are any indication.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The golf cart of Ocarina of Time

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Awesome! posted:

is today the last day for :10bux: galaxy 2?

Yes, I believe so!

I hate how tempting the offer is. I can loving see my copy of Galaxy 2 right now, why do I want to buy it again?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Hello here is every difference between every revision of OoT ok https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Program_Revision_Differences

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

jivjov posted:

I'm fairly certain that that makes it not a swastika, but rather a different symbol. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but it being mirrored makes it mean something entirely different.

Neo Rasa posted:

A swastika is reflected and at a 45 degree angle though so it's not quite identical to a manji/Legend of Zelda map. I really did like how they just had it in there though, it was how I learned the difference because as a seven year old kid I'd be like "why does this have the German symbol in it." I remember at one point seeing like a charge of similar symbols from different cultures that developed independently of each other too.

This is from last page but I figured it would be useful to clear this up. All of these things are swastikas under the original Sanskrit meaning of the term (which simply referred to the shape itself, which appeared in any number of positions and orientations on clothing, books, pottery, etc.). Eventually the symbol made its way into Buddhism which in turn made its way to East Asia, where certain orientations of the symbol came to mean specific things (i.e. life and death in the case of the manji). The Nazi party used the swastika because they saw it as an Aryan symbol (and, according to some theories about the origins of the Vedic people, they were right).

So while all of these symbols bear their own particular meaning depending on which culture they hail from, it's still correct to call them swastikas.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Wii U General Discussion: Let's talk about the swastika

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kurtofan posted:

Oh my god, Kirby and the Rainbow's intro is adorable :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo2Q5kzB3jc

I love how Kirby's motivation is that his apple was turned to stone and he can't eat it. :3:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It's been well known and well documented that Nintendo hates the Jews.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Louisgod posted:

It's been well known and well documented that Nintendo hates the Jews.

wario is an offensive caricature

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Translated the comic from earlier :3:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kurtofan posted:

The music in Rainbow Curse sounds seriously great, if the early levels are any indication.

Sounds like a Shogo Sakai job (the Mother 3 guy).

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Sounds like a Shogo Sakai job (the Mother 3 guy).

I think it is. I got some strong Mother 3 vibes from 1-3.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think I may have accidentally thrown out my Wii U Pro Controller :negative:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

....impressive

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I think it might have toppled off my desk into my garbage pail, and then when I emptied the pail out into a shopping bag, I didn't see it and I threw the bag down the chute :smith:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's better when you just leave it up to our imaginations

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'm really super bummed-out and I hope it turns up somewhere and I don't have to buy a new one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

also if there's a chute there's probably a dumpster to dive through :v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Awesome! posted:

also if there's a chute there's probably a dumpster to dive through :v:

I don't think I'm that desperate. I'm on the 21st floor of a 30-floor building, there's almost no chance that it survived the fall (if my theory is correct and it's not in a weird drawer somewhere).

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't think I'm that desperate. I'm on the 21st floor of a 30-floor building, there's almost no chance that it survived the fall (if my theory is correct and it's not in a weird drawer somewhere).

I bet you'd find at least 2 pro controllers in 21 floors worth of trash.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Nintendo hardware is famously durable, it's not completely out of the question.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

I think it might have toppled off my desk into my garbage pail, and then when I emptied the pail out into a shopping bag, I didn't see it and I threw the bag down the chute :smith:

this is how i lost my favorite Gumby toy when i was 8

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I took my star fox 64 nintendo power player's guide onto a boat once and never saw it again, im 95% sure it fell into the Pacific Ocean

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

RyokoTK posted:

Nintendo hardware is famously durable, it's not completely out of the question.

i bet it's fine since it was surrounded by trash. this guy is just a baby who doesnt want to get a little dirty.

let me tell you something friend, if mario dropped you down a trash chute by accident he drat sure would jump down after you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wild Knight posted:

I took my star fox 64 nintendo power player's guide onto a boat once and never saw it again, im 95% sure it fell into the Pacific Ocean

I think the dolphin that found it actually went on to create a wii emulator

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Wild Knight posted:

All I can picture now is Dory finding it randomly swimming around saying ANDROSS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You should definitely dive into the trash because a Gamepad goes for the same price as a refurbished Wii U.

Separately, do Kirby games ever have stories? I'm playing Canvas Curse right now and I'm pretty sure there was no mention of any story at all, but I am having fun.

• Locked thread