Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

The pre nup is probably 200 pages I don't think she is a gold digger.

No, I'd agree, "gold digger" is not that most accurate word to describe her and her intentions. I would simply go with "fame", or as my favorite Amazon tag for her first book put it, "Finally I'm famous!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
They eventually got rid of the custom Amazon tags, which is a shame as some of them were hilarious.

It hasn't stopped people uploading custom images to the reviews of the book though, some of them are amazing. (Click 'See All Customer Images') - http://www.amazon.com/Oh-My-Dog-Choose-Nurture/dp/1439160295

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Just to the conversation about Howard's gay turn around, here is a recent quote from the NYTimes:

"The pace of change on same-sex marriage, in both popular opinion and in the courts, has no parallel in the nation’s history."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Just to the conversation about Howard's gay turn around, here is a recent quote from the NYTimes:

"The pace of change on same-sex marriage, in both popular opinion and in the courts, has no parallel in the nation’s history."

It's true, AxeManiac was 100% right when he talked about how blatant homophobia was still OK in the mainstream in the 1990s.

That's a pretty quick turnaround in terms of civil rights.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Artie was born to be a sidekick. He's absolutely awful on his own.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I miss Debbie the Pet Lady, she was the last legit wack packer to join the show. Now we got this fake poo poo like Monotone Matt, ugh.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

It's true, AxeManiac was 100% right when he talked about how blatant homophobia was still OK in the mainstream in the 1990s.

That's a pretty quick turnaround in terms of civil rights.

I'd also argue the same turn around happened with Robin Williams, because there was a point before he started doing some really good movies roles that he was just a manic, unfunny mess of himself. He was turning into a Richard Simmons style over the top guest you would just shake your head at. I would have said around the same time he was not funny, and he was one of my favorite actors (after I saw him in one hour photo and Fisher King and he stopped doing coke and calmed down a bit).

I still don't buy Howard's Robin like recalling of wanting to call him and make amends like a day before he killed himself.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

CortezFantastic posted:

Artie talked about the show, I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbLz45-9yNc

e: a few things after listening. Artie sounds awful. He is really unfunny and whoever his crew is are obviously yes men. He is lying about quitting

He is suuuuuuper boring by himself. He needs a sidekick or two.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Hearing Gary bomb on the divorce roast is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_0VRHh-fwY

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

"Special thank you for all who attend: Q&A following the show" aka Jackie's going to wheel out his piece of poo poo mugs and t-shirts.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That font. It's like they never left the show.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
The Riding On Coattails Reunion Tour: Oh God We're Both So Broke

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Too bad Gary Garver evaporated. It'd be kind've funny to send him to the show and have him ask John insulting questions.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

kylej posted:

"Special thank you for all who attend: Q&A following the show" aka Jackie's going to wheel out his piece of poo poo mugs and t-shirts.

March 21st... 1998?

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

kylej posted:

This is way too close to where I work to pass up.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I just looked at Stuttering John's twitter account :cripes: I can totally believe he was a writer on Leno's lovely Tonight Show.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Holy poo poo you weren't kidding.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Kind of disappointing interview with Larry David a couple weeks ago. Robin kept interrupting and Howard wasn't much better.

The interview Larry did on Kevin Pollak's Chat Show was pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em96X9k3lTo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

kylej posted:

My god how old is that photo of Jackie

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I was watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on Netflix the other day, and was very surprised to see Robin in an episode. Late season 4, it's when Will falls asleep drunk and has a dream that ghosts tell him not to drive drunk, or something. She's one of the ghosts.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I was watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on Netflix the other day, and was very surprised to see Robin in an episode. Late season 4, it's when Will falls asleep drunk and has a dream that ghosts tell him not to drive drunk, or something. She's one of the ghosts.

Well I mean we all know that the Fresh Prince was just a rip off of Howard Stern's High School Years.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

White jew in black high school would have been a ratings hit!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Former Human posted:

Kind of disappointing interview with Larry David a couple weeks ago. Robin kept interrupting and Howard wasn't much better.

The interview Larry did on Kevin Pollak's Chat Show was pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em96X9k3lTo

Was he combative? Howard's father loves the hell out of Seinfeld, so Howard probably wanted to show him up. Has Howard watched his show yet or is he still pulling the "I don't watch shows" bit?

People of earth, how are you not watching Curb? Larry David is awesome, it is a fun show!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Has Jim Breuer been on since his dad died? I can only imagine his life has gotten ten times less lovely.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So Artie had a cameo in a SNL digital short that was cut from last week's show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMlr11pJow

I wonder if that's a non alcoholic beer he's holding.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

Was he combative? Howard's father loves the hell out of Seinfeld, so Howard probably wanted to show him up. Has Howard watched his show yet or is he still pulling the "I don't watch shows" bit?

People of earth, how are you not watching Curb? Larry David is awesome, it is a fun show!

I didn't think Robin was interrupting or that Howard was combative whatsoever. I'm a huge Seinfeld/Curb fan and thought it was a really good interview, probably better than when LD was on the B.S. Report a few weeks back. If you're a fan of Seinfeld or CYE you'll really enjoy it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah the BS Report Larry David was disappointing. He seemed kind of distracted.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Remember in Artie's last book he makes mention that one person really treated him bad after his meltdown. I never would have guess who it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCSXWas6Nj8

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Remember in Artie's last book he makes mention that one person really treated him bad after his meltdown. I never would have guess who it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCSXWas6Nj8

Wow this is insane. I wonder what his reasoning was for that?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Waaah, a comedy guy laughed at my self-inflicted psuedo-depression that stemmed from having too much money to spend on heroin and gambling, waaaaaah

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Wow, Artie sounds absolutely horrible. It's like he's got a hosed up throat, and he's just forcing words out. I want to clear my own throat, but feel like it'd hurt more than anything, like I had a cold or something.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Waaah, a comedy guy laughed at my self-inflicted psuedo-depression that stemmed from having too much money to spend on heroin and gambling, waaaaaah

Seriously the irony of Artie being pissed at anyone for laughing at his misfortune is almost too much to bear.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Artie specifically addressed that point. It wasn't just a guy poking fun, that's fine, it was this weird overly-intricate long running joke that no one was laughing at that seemed specifically orchestrated to destroy a friendship.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

a cop posted:

Artie specifically addressed that point. It wasn't just a guy poking fun, that's fine, it was this weird overly-intricate long running joke that no one was laughing at that seemed specifically orchestrated to destroy a friendship.

Artie's jokes are just jokes, and people shouldn't be offended by them. But when somebody jokes about Artie or his saintly mother, he loses his poo poo.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

Artie's jokes are just jokes, and people shouldn't be offended by them. But when somebody jokes about Artie or his saintly mother, he loses his poo poo.

His mother that he loves, and also forced to shovel the driveway in the wintertime because he was too hosed up on heroin to get out of bed.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Didn't Artie already participate in Sam Simon's Bitter Half thing on Stern in which he played an exaggerated, self-deprecating version of himself, along with numerous potshots about his relationship with his ex girlfriend? There's no real way of telling without seeing the offending script, but it sounds like it's in the same vein of stuff he's already done with Sam.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The only thing you should be mad at Sam Simon for is enabling that leech Ralph. Otherwise the dude seems cool.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

The only thing you should be mad at Sam Simon for is enabling that leech Ralph. Otherwise the dude seems cool.

Yeah I always thought an insanely rich celebrity like Sam Simon would just have a rotating selection of smoking hot broads living in his huge mansions leeching off him. Not an ugly chick like Ralph.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The Bitter Half was one thing, that was back in 06 and happened just before (or around) the first heroin revelation. Doing it after someone tries to commit suicide is another thing altogether.

Obviously we would have to see the script to know if Artie is exaggerating or not, also Sam might not have been fully in the loop regarding Artie's condition. Sam always seemed like a stand up guy and I hope him and Artie can patch it up, especially with Sam being at death's door.

(I would have put money on it being Stuttering John, either leaking private info to the press or taking advantage of the situation to try and get himself back on the Stern show )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The Bitter Half was one thing, that was back in 06 and happened just before (or around) the first heroin revelation. Doing it after someone tries to commit suicide is another thing altogether.

Obviously we would have to see the script to know if Artie is exaggerating or not, also Sam might not have been fully in the loop regarding Artie's condition. Sam always seemed like a stand up guy and I hope him and Artie can patch it up, especially with Sam being at death's door.

(I would have put money on it being Stuttering John, either leaking private info to the press or taking advantage of the situation to try and get himself back on the Stern show )

Nah Stuttering John seemed to make more bank with Leno than he could from being on Stern for 100 years.