Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Baylor is playing NAIA school Huston-Tillotson tonight, for whatever reason.

How does that happen, especially in the middle of the season? Wouldn't your players be better off just having the day off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tulsa hosting Memphis tonight. The UConn win was huge, but the Memphis win would be more satisfying, and they may not get a better chance at it.

While together in C-USA, Tulsa went 1-15 against Memphis; the lone win was in 2011 against the worst Memphis team since Kenpom started measuring. It wasn't any coincidence that Tulsa only got back to the NCAAs once Memphis left the conference; the Tigers pretty much were a lock to win the automatic bid every year—even that 2011 team won it.

Now they've been thrown back together in the AAC, and Tulsa's actually a better team, by the numbers. A win would get that monkey off the back, as well as preserve a spotless conference start.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
And another Illin guard down. An IU player evidently detached his retina. Out 1-2 weeks.

What a dumpster fire.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

elentar posted:

Baylor is playing NAIA school Huston-Tillotson tonight, for whatever reason.

And Baylor is losing 5 minutes into the game...

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
purdue has won 10 of their last 11 against illinois, is that right? hot drat, that's crazy. hope we can keep it up tonight

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It appears that Huston-Tillotson is still beating Baylor, now with 6 minutes to go in the first half. What a hilarious upset that would be...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I dislike the basketball team I cheer for.

e: I mean, I know Missouri is loving awful but don't lose to A&M by double digits unless Acie Law comes back you fucks.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 22, 2015

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tulsa ends up winning by 18 and the game wasn't even really competitive the second half.

6-0 now in the AAC, though the schedule's really backloaded. Could be 10-0 when SMU comes to town in February.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

I dislike the basketball team I cheer for.

e: I mean, I know Missouri is loving awful but don't lose to A&M by double digits unless Acie Law comes back you fucks.

Five loving years.

It's happened. I actually feel sorry for Mizzou fans.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

It appears that Huston-Tillotson is still beating Baylor, now with 6 minutes to go in the first half. What a hilarious upset that would be...

baylor is resting 2 starters. gathers just set the big 12 rebound record and might beat the school record as well (26 is where he is now, 27 is baylor record).

im not sure why they scheduled this, but its a local texas college so hopefully they got a nice payday

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

ESPN doesn't even have a logo for Huston-Tillotson. What a ridiculous game to schedule in the middle of conference season, there's got to be a story behind it.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

ESPN doesn't even have a logo for Huston-Tillotson. What a ridiculous game to schedule in the middle of conference season, there's got to be a story behind it.

probably took a page from sec football and wanted a midseason break.

also gathers got the baylor and big 12 record with 29 rebounds.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Eltoasto posted:

Best guess I have heard is that Drew wanted to keep the normal game preparation rhythm going during their bye so they scheduled a total bodybag rather than sit idle.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anne frank fanfic posted:

also gathers got the baylor and big 12 record with 29 rebounds.

"Gathers" owning the rebounding record sounds like something out of a Mel Brooks movie.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Great end to the Purdue-Illinois game. Two great passes from Nunn, Hill buried a 3 at the end to give us a lead, 32-30 over Purdue at halftime.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
purdue fell apart that last two minutes with our back up PG in.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
That was p. cool.

Our free throw shooting is bordering on the absurd.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

That was p. cool.

Our free throw shooting is bordering on the absurd.
Need to dribble drive more and make better use of it!

I'm pretty excited that Hill/Nunn/Tate/Black will have 2 more years (theoretically) to play together. Sky's the limit there, we'll know exactly what we have with Groce by the time that soph class graduates.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Thoguh posted:

Best guess I have heard is that Drew wanted to keep the normal game preparation rhythm going during their bye so they scheduled a total bodybag rather than sit idle.

So it's actually way odder than that. Like, odd to the point that Samuel L. Jackson was nearly involved.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I hope you're loving happy for this poo poo Rice. 1-5 in the drat mountain west

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

elentar posted:

So it's actually way odder than that. Like, odd to the point that Samuel L. Jackson was nearly involved.

Cool. They played well or baylor has some work to do, or both.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

elentar posted:

Well, that certainly isn't what I would have guessed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern would be ok if they would stop going for dozens of minutes without scoring points, imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at collins just loving going ballistic at a missed goaltend

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol at collins just loving going ballistic at a missed goaltend

Yeah that was definitely a goaltend. I can understand the refs missing that one though, hopefully OSU's "just have Russell shoot" offense can pull this one out :ohdear:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

russell is unfair

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Which team wants to lose the most

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kittenmittons posted:

Which team wants to lose the most

the answer is always northwestern

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I hope Russell passes up millions of dollars to come back next year when we have a decent big man.

heh

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern has lost every game but wisconsin like this, jesus

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Indiana cannot miss right now. :getin:

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...

Hello Towel posted:

Indiana cannot miss right now. :getin:

I think IU could be in trouble. They shot lights out and Maryland is right there with them.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Scrode posted:

I think IU could be in trouble. They shot lights out and Maryland is right there with them.

Yeah. :smith:

But we'll see.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Terps are incapable of starting a game or a half without giving up a 9-0 run in the first minute or two

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Man, IU is just insane from 3 tonight.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Okay, I'm starting to believe we can actually win this.

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...
Insane night for Blackmon, Yogi, and Williams. Tough to beat when all 3 of those guys are on fire.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

7 threes for Yogi. Crazy. :woop:

Time to head down to Kirkwood.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Wayne Tinkle made a deal with the devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jesus Christ Virginia... they held Georgia Tech to 28 points. The third team they have held to under 30 this season.

edit: and all three of those teams are top 150 kenpom, so it wasn't against completely dogshit teams.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 23, 2015

• Locked thread