Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

its always depressing to be around for the final days of a goon guild in a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hobbesmaster posted:

Nobody is sticking around for the end game which means theres no core for the guild.

I'm around, I've just switched to playing a Republic character since the endgame in TOR remains boring as hell. Shelved my bounty hunter until the next expansion.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Why is the goon guild dying? I'm not on your server but is it because you're struggling with the raids? Underlurker is bugged at the moment and seems to be where people get stuck but there are ways to get through it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Why would that matter? As long as all of your characters are in a group it will be fine.

Sure but to advance the story you'd need to complete the phase on every character you're multiboxing which would require a lot of micromanagement

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Why is the goon guild dying? I'm not on your server but is it because you're struggling with the raids? Underlurker is bugged at the moment and seems to be where people get stuck but there are ways to get through it.

TNG really wasn't much of a raiding guild. For a while we had a group of 7-8 who would regularly show up for our "progression" raiding. Unfortunately, the majority of that group left at the end of last year to FF14, or real life, or presumably got trapped in a library when studying. We were struggling the last few months getting a full 8 with our regular 6-7 on, so with half that group gone, there just isn't a raid force on.

The guild isn't (well wasn't...since I'm a dirty quitter) dying, it's just always been a guild of "Alright, I hit 55/60, time to make a new character and level an alt! Okay, I have 4 characters that are max level, time to go play something else."

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

maybe I can bribe new people to play or keep playing

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I wonder how well multiboxing this game will work.

You can't run two instances of the client so you'd need a second comp or ISBoxer.

I multiboxed a friend's account to get the PvP Location achievements since nobody on Harbinger seemed interested in legitimately working on them. There's otherwise really no reason to multibox in this game.

I recently canceled. I got 8/20 55's to 60 and got to 7/10 on the new HM Ops but lost interest. Quite a few progression guilds seem to be stagnating. I've done NiM DP/DF/SnV/etc to death so those certainly aren't keeping me around.

PvP was keeping me going but Ranked is dying and anything short of fabled cross-server tech is just a band aid, there's absolutely no news of any new WZ's, and I do not agree with the direction the devs are taking the meta with the Discipline system.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm at a point where I only ever really log on if someone posts "hey let's raid" since I'm kind of burnt out on everything else there is to do in the game now. How much of a pain is it to play like that in preferred status? Kinda hard to justify paying $15 a month for a game I only play a couple times a month.

Also I started playing ff14 ("thanks," oedzi) and want to free up the budget for that

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

ok lets all go play ff14 then

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm at a point where I only ever really log on if someone posts "hey let's raid" since I'm kind of burnt out on everything else there is to do in the game now. How much of a pain is it to play like that in preferred status? Kinda hard to justify paying $15 a month for a game I only play a couple times a month.

Also I started playing ff14 ("thanks," oedzi) and want to free up the budget for that

Remember you can't raid as preferred without a weekly pass

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

ok lets all go play ff14 then

Way ahead of you, dude.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

Way ahead of you, dude.

convince me in 2 sentences or less to play ff14 and ill buy it tomorrow

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

convince me in 2 sentences or less to play ff14 and ill buy it tomorrow

You can play every class as one character since your class is determined by your equipped weapon.

Also there are catgirls.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ainsley McTree posted:

Emptyquotin dis

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

ok well oedzi what server are you on, let's just pretend the next 2 months of me playing swtor happened and came to the inevitable conclusion

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

Way ahead of you, dude.

Get me a trial referral or w/e this poo poo looks complicated.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Remember you can't raid as preferred without a weekly pass

Yeah I knew about that one, but those are on the GTN right? Any other big limitations? I know there's a credit cap too...can't remember what else.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I knew about that one, but those are on the GTN right? Any other big limitations? I know there's a credit cap too...can't remember what else.

Yeah they're on the GTN the last time I looked for 450k, and your credit cap is 350k. So how the gently caress do you get them? When I canceled I flirted with staying preferred just for occasional drunken fun but after I read the limitations I just said gently caress it and uninstalled. When I decide to come back (which is probably a long time down the road) I'll just resubscribe.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Yeah they're on the GTN the last time I looked for 450k, and your credit cap is 350k. So how the gently caress do you get them? When I canceled I flirted with staying preferred just for occasional drunken fun but after I read the limitations I just said gently caress it and uninstalled. When I decide to come back (which is probably a long time down the road) I'll just resubscribe.

You can buy the things that let you get more credits out of escrow. So if you're using the GTN you'd pay quite a premium for that last 100k (maybe 200k or more) but you could do it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

You can buy the things that let you get more credits out of escrow. So if you're using the GTN you'd pay quite a premium for that last 100k (maybe 200k or more) but you could do it.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Thumbtacks posted:

You can play every class as one character since your class is determined by your equipped weapon.

Also there are catgirls.

There are catgirls in SWToR too...

Just sayin'...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

A big problem for SWTOR endgame for me is that I play for the story, and that obviously stops at end game. Course to make it worse, pretty princess gear comes from Cartel Packs mostly instead of raids or dungeons. So like yeah leveling is great, but there's no reason to care to be max level aside from increasing your numbers/farming credits for cartel pack gear.

FFXIV catgirls are far more animu, making them superior. :japan:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Story used to be endgame to give it more value, but then SoR happened with Jesus Bot and yeah. Your opinion on whether it was for better or worse, but I hate when story is locked behind raids and I don't have latest gear to run them for chance of not dying at dirty glance.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

A big problem for SWTOR endgame for me is that I play for the story, and that obviously stops at end game.

This would be the biggest reason I'm not playing my bounty hunter anymore. Finished the story for this expansion, now playing a different class through their story.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

GuyUpNorth posted:

Story used to be endgame to give it more value, but then SoR happened with Jesus Bot and yeah. Your opinion on whether it was for better or worse, but I hate when story is locked behind raids and I don't have latest gear to run them for chance of not dying at dirty glance.

Oh Jesusbot is amazing. I'm more just saying I play SWTOR for different reasons than other mmos. Largely relating to the cool sounds lightsabers make and the fact that I am a horrible Bioware fan.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

Oh Jesusbot is amazing. I'm more just saying I play SWTOR for different reasons than other mmos. Largely relating to the cool sounds lightsabers make and the fact that I am a horrible Bioware fan.

One of my wish list items for the game is a Jesusbot version of all the old operations, just to let non-raiders see the cool environments and bosses Bioware cooked up.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I wonder if you could solo EV (with the exception of the puzzle boss)

Not sure you can solo the council in time

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Thumbtacks posted:

I wonder if you could solo EV (with the exception of the puzzle boss)

Not sure you can solo the council in time

It doesn't let you enter ops alone.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
you can enter it with a second person and then have the second person leave, i think

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

you can enter it with a second person and then have the second person leave, i think

They'd have to still be in the group. We duod all the 50 ops on story mode, was pretty fun actually.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think that all the raids have some mechanic at some point that requires a second person anyway, don't they? Not that it matters if you physically can't be in a raid by yourself anyway but I want to prove that I know things too!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Well for what it's worth, what I've seen of FFXIV doesn't much appeal to me and I've only got one level 60 so far so I'm sticking with TOR. Also if someone else wants to play this instead of another junk MMO, here's another referral link:

http://www.swtor.com/r/wc6Db8

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Can I get an invite? Character's Esthi.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think that all the raids have some mechanic at some point that requires a second person anyway, don't they? Not that it matters if you physically can't be in a raid by yourself anyway but I want to prove that I know things too!

Yep, EV has pylons, KP has the Fabricator, EC has minefield, TFB has Operator 9, S&V has the city invasion, etc

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

I'll need an invite too whenever someone is on with privs. Character name is Kamdeer.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

maybe I can bribe new people to play or keep playing

I'm open for bribes. Especially in the form of armor mods!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It would help if they made more endgame content other than "here's two ops that are bullshit hard", gave more rep rewards, made the game itself not run like poo poo, made gsf anything but a gunship danceoff, and publically flogged people who whined about story in an MMO.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 22, 2015

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It would help if they made more endgame content other than "here's two ops that are bullshit hard", gave more rep rewards, made the game itself not run like poo poo, made gsf anything but a gunship danceoff, and publically flogged people who whined about story in an MMO.

Hey now, there's also some bullshit hard mode flashpoints!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The HM flashpoints aren't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Someone just recommended me to take slicing, biochem and diplomacy as a good way to earn fast credits. Is this true?

• Locked thread