Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Spoonful of Bromide is just a crazy person that's obsessed with Shredded Moose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

UniqueLikeMonique posted:

Hey guys, me and my friend do a gag webcomic and we decided to make one about the X-men's sex lives. Enjoy. (Also :nws: for boobies.)

http://imgur.com/JGboNPm

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I laughed, I don't get the last frame though. Keep up the good work!

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
So with the new discussion on Secret Wars, how does this bode for the X-Men? What are the odds that it will just be restarting things from scratch with a lot of "meh" storylines?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
With Bendis's books selling really well, I highly doubt much change will happen currently. The X-Men probably won't get as much focus in the editorial mandate event comics of the future, which means more meh X-Men events from Bendis and the X crew.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SublimeDelusions posted:

So with the new discussion on Secret Wars, how does this bode for the X-Men? What are the odds that it will just be restarting things from scratch with a lot of "meh" storylines?

Pretty much 0.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The reveal of who Harry actually is in the last issue of X-Factor was really cool and I hope more is done with it! Sad X-Factor is over. Question: When did the Maestro take over 2099?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SublimeDelusions posted:

I really don't think you'll see too many changes with the X-Men. Maybe a version of Wolverine will be back and we'll see an end to the Schism sometime soon, but Bendis has laid down groundwork for something like the Trial of Hank McCoy and Cyclops' new romance with Tempus and young Jean's new powers and so on.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

Question: When did the Maestro take over 2099?

I know Miguel was just running around in 2099 in Spider-Verse like a month ago, so maybe it's in a yet to come issue of Spider-Man 2099 and David just kind of spoiled his own other book? Otherwise I have no idea.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

The reveal of who Harry actually is in the last issue of X-Factor was really cool and I hope more is done with it! Sad X-Factor is over. Question: When did the Maestro take over 2099?
It certainly never came up in the original 2099 comics way back when.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Little Mac posted:

It's just the setup for Secret Wars. It's going to be the "Future Imperfect" one.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I really don't think you'll see too many changes with the X-Men. Maybe a version of Wolverine will be back and we'll see an end to the Schism sometime soon, but Bendis has laid down groundwork for something like the Trial of Hank McCoy and Cyclops' new romance with Tempus and young Jean's new powers and so on.

I can only imagine, even though Hank McCoy has gone around in secret blowing up worlds, that he's going to be tried for some lame rear end Bendis reason.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

There's also the fact that G Willow Wilson has been obliquely hinting at maybe writing some unannounced title she can't talk about that maybe involves the same team as her current four issue X-Men run. :allears: also, Black Vortex will have only just wrapped up right before Secret Wars. And the time displaced original kids are still hanging out in the Ultimate universe. ...

It feels like it'd be really weird to lay all that stuff out, and particularly to lay it all out right now when we're only months away from Secret Wars. I guess I am just agreeing that I don't think too much is gonna happen to the X-Mem.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

In the latest Legendary Star-Lord, Kitty decides to basically move in with him and become a space-bum, gently caress all them responsibilities and being a professor. Can I just say that reads really drat out of character? I wonder if it's just going to be for couple months until the big event coming up or if the other X-books will even notice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jeez Kitty are you really so eager to get stuck on a flying space missile all over again.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SublimeDelusions posted:

I firmly believe that when Secret Wars* is over, and the multi verse is fixed, Earth 616 will go back to normal. Except all the mutants end up on their own separate universe, for reasons. Also the Fantastic 4 will be there too. Just so Marvel can keep the Fox Movie properties separate to allow Marvel to focus on their 100% owned IP's.

*= Can I just say that Secret Wars is a dumb name for a Marvel event story. We had the 1984 Secret Wars and Bendis did his mini series Secret War in the 2000's.
I would have preferred it if they gave it a distinct name. Even something different like Secret Wars IV: A New Hope or Secret Wars: Battleworld.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Why not just call the event "Battleworld". That seems pretty :black101: and more epic than "Secret Wars". There's gotta be a connection to the old event that'll become more obvious (probably the Beyonder).

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kaleidoscope posted:

Why not just call the event "Battleworld". That seems pretty :black101: and more epic than "Secret Wars". There's gotta be a connection to the old event that'll become more obvious (probably the Beyonder).

Spider-Man teaching him how to poop on the toilet held terrible consequences...

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
gently caress it, they've already got the O5 here, why not bring Chuck along too? Good idea, Eva.

This is all running close enough to the 'don't call it a reboot' that I can almost buy this poo poo in a way. Almost.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The Question IRL posted:

I firmly believe that when Secret Wars* is over, and the multi verse is fixed, Earth 616 will go back to normal. Except all the mutants end up on their own separate universe, for reasons. Also the Fantastic 4 will be there too. Just so Marvel can keep the Fox Movie properties separate to allow Marvel to focus on their 100% owned IP's.

*= Can I just say that Secret Wars is a dumb name for a Marvel event story. We had the 1984 Secret Wars and Bendis did his mini series Secret War in the 2000's.
I would have preferred it if they gave it a distinct name. Even something different like Secret Wars IV: A New Hope or Secret Wars: Battleworld.

When you're essentially breathing new life back into previous event properties that Marvel has had in the past decade, it seems more than appropriate to use the same name that inspired it in the first place. Comic runs are restarted all the time with the same naming scheme, and this is going to be a soft-restart of the marvel u.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

gently caress it, they've already got the O5 here, why not bring Chuck along too? Good idea, Eva.

This is all running close enough to the 'don't call it a reboot' that I can almost buy this poo poo in a way. Almost.

So they're probably going to use the healer to bring everyone back from the dead, Xavier is gonna do whatever to Matthew and then be like "Hey Scott it's cool you were right and don't worry about having killed me" and that'll sort of settle everyone being mad at him down, then he'll peace on back to the past.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bendis "Everything's getting reset, so I'll just kill everyone."

Spiderman And the Xmen continues to be awesome. Sauron trying to kiss Shark Girl was terrifying though.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Sentinel Red posted:

I did not see this coming. I'm cool with the X-Men being batshit bonkers, though. But I'll be really surprised if Triage can bring people back from incinerated skellingtons if Mega-Matthew can't. My guess is that Charlie X and the O5 go back in time courtesy of Eva and unfuckulate poo poo from the past. My guesses are traditionally way off though. I'd love the result to be a new O5 series set in the 60s.

Also I really liked the panel of Emma screaming.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Matthew probably can, he just doesn't know how.

I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be that being angry made Emma able to use her psychic powers, or if it was all Matthew though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Matthew probably can, he just doesn't know how.

I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be that being angry made Emma able to use her psychic powers, or if it was all Matthew though.

Pretty sure it was her anger.

I will say this arc has felt like it's been going on forever though. Like, this started 3 events ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wolverine is still alive.

The comic he died in came out 3 and a half months ago.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I was just telling someone that the last 7 issues of Uncanny X-Men have taken place over I would say roughly a day. I like Uncanny, but my gently caress the glacial pace is killing me right now.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I know Miguel was just running around in 2099 in Spider-Verse like a month ago, so maybe it's in a yet to come issue of Spider-Man 2099 and David just kind of spoiled his own other book? Otherwise I have no idea.
(with regards to spiderman 2099)
I read somewhere that something he did in the past changed 2099. The next issue of spiderman 2099 deals with it. Well the next few do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

I was just telling someone that the last 7 issues of Uncanny X-Men have taken place over I would say roughly a day. I like Uncanny, but my gently caress the glacial pace is killing me right now.

Everything since opening the will has been like an hour or so.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
And now I suppose we never will find out what's in that goddamn will now that Chuck's not even dead anymore.

Maybe Charles and the O5 can just go be the time paradoX-Men, separate from both other factions once all this is over. Hell, at this point, Wolverine can join them since he's stuck in this time warp where he is alive in Bendis-ville yet has been dead in every other corner of the Marvel Universe for months now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

Everything since opening the will has been like an hour or so.

Christ its like reading Naruto all over again

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Is anyone reading the Storm book? How is it?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Mahasamatman posted:

Is anyone reading the Storm book? How is it?

It is aggressively bland.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It is aggressively bland.

Unfortunate, but true.

In happier news: http://www.theouthousers.com/index....campaign=buffer

Bendis is leaving!!!

EDIT: We probably still won't find out what Xavier's will said by that point.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Wow whoever wrote that article is dumb as poo poo. I'm kinda interested to see what they do with them next though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Here is a much better one http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=59025

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
drat, you were fast with that avatar, bobkatt!

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Soonmot posted:

drat, you were fast with that avatar, bobkatt!

So fast he missed punctuation between Boomerang and respect.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh thank god, I can finally start getting X-Men comics again. I've been missing those books for a while now, but I keep hearing how horrible his run is. I even stuck through the Land art, but haven't heard anything good about this Bendis arch.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Thank god. Bendis' run is seriously one of the worst comic runs I've read in recent memory and I was worried he'd stay a lot longer.

I think that his comment that "I've written the X-Men and now I can move on" really encapsulates why his run is so bad. Bendis had way more clout than ideas and his entire run just felt like him writing because he wanted that feather in his cap, and not because he had an actual story he wanted to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I haven't hated all of Bendis' X-Men run. All-New was consistently pretty good, I think. At the very least it was better than his latter-day Avengers run. But yeah it's been time for a new writer for a long-rear end time. He really wasted all the potential with Scott that Gillen set up in those last few issues of his run. UXM was generally pretty loving bad, though I do think Bachalo takes some of the blame for that too.

• Locked thread