Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
God drat Cahill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
jesus we are so hosed when he retires

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

we would be so lost without timmy

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
WE DON'T DESERVE YOU TIMMY

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Get hosed, get absolutely hosed

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I love this team and this country, holy poo poo

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good lord we'd be hosed without Timmy Cahill

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Do we have to blackmail Timmy to keep playing forever

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
:siren: the most dangerous scoreline :siren:

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
yessssss c'mon burns

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Arquebus posted:

Christ, it's like we only remember how to play after scoring the first goal, we're doing fantastic now except for Bresciano's crap long shots

Agreed, except it's when anyone scores. We just sleep until that happens.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Nice work from Ryan there

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Is Newcastle the ground with the giant sauce bottles?

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Nah, that's Central Coast. Don't think it's being used for the Cup at all.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is Newcastle the ground with the giant sauce bottles?

Canberra has those too, and a giant McDonalds M.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Arquebus posted:

Nah, that's Central Coast. Don't think it's being used for the Cup at all.

drat it all :smith:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

How many people fit into the Newcastle ground? Seems a really odd place to hold a semi-final

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

webmeister posted:

How many people fit into the Newcastle ground? Seems a really odd place to hold a semi-final

only 20k because they can't sell the hills

Basically everyone assumed the tournament would be a complete disaster and the NSW government paid the most to host games so the FFA took it to mitigate losses

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Adnar posted:

Basically everyone assumed the tournament would be a complete disaster and the NSW government paid the most to host games so the FFA took it to mitigate losses

what a joke lol

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Adnar posted:

Sweet. Look forward to the final at North Sydney Oval!

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That owned thanks for loving up against Korea because now I have seen Cahill score a bicycle kick live. My life is complete

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Awesome second half and that first goal...was watching it down the pub and the place went off

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I stood up and screamed WHAT at the TV

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Shmoses posted:

I stood up and screamed WHAT at the TV

I did the same and woke up the kids.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

dj_pain posted:

I did the same and woke up the kids.

i yelled "GET hosed GET ABSOLUTELY hosed" and woke my upstairs neighbors

webmeister posted:

It's going to be Cahill bailout again isn't it :smith:
:unsmigghh:

e: also, hi thread! i'm here for the asian cup. i don't have a team to follow automatically in the a-league because i'm taswegian and as in any sporting competition in this country which isn't cricket, hobart/tassie isn't represented so i have to wait until some north island team grabs my attention and subsequently allegiance (as the demons and rabbitohs have done in the two major hand-and-football leagues). y'all can help me out by advising me as to why i should go for your local mob.

Divorced And Curious fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 22, 2015

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
go for the victory cause they fuckin own, melbourne city are a pile of poo poo and we have the most vibrant fan activity in this thread

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shmoses posted:

go for the victory cause they fuckin own, melbourne city are a pile of poo poo and we have the most vibrant fan activity in this thread

:agreed: we are the only team with fans, join us

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Also I voted Greens and I think we have a mutual facebook friend so you pretty much owe me this

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You should be a western sydney fan because they are needing new ones now the bandwagon lost a wheel.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Absolutely Victory. They even play matches in Tasmania and run the Victory league, give it a Google.

Also as others have said, yes we have the most fans in real life and here on the forums, meaning that whenever we lose the thread melts the gently caress down as we all try and get and entire page of drunken screaming to ourselves.

Or you could be a wanderers fan, they don't have any reps on here and frankly we all enjoy making GBS threads on them whenever anything happens with them at all

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Troisi is dogshit, Bresh was rubbish and Mile was very off the pace. Whoever our opponents are in the semi-finals, we're going to have to play a lot better than that. Credit to Sainsbury, he was very good. Timmy reaffirmed his status as an absolute legend, a few of the players could take lessons from his dedication and heart on the field.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Follow the team that has the best marquees and the best jimmy rustling supporters
Sydney FC

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Mustafa posted:

Troisi is dogshit, Bresh was rubbish and Mile was very off the pace. Whoever our opponents are in the semi-finals, we're going to have to play a lot better than that. Credit to Sainsbury, he was very good. Timmy reaffirmed his status as an absolute legend, a few of the players could take lessons from his dedication and heart on the field.

Mile was a lot better in the second half when he wasn't under as much pressure, but yeah he really needs to step up in the next game. We are so hosed when Cahill actually retires

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Come and support Sydney FC because we're the only club with any class and respectability and you get to lord over all the trolls in Wanderers shirts every time they choke and lose yet again.

We also have the best colours of all the clubs.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

:agreed: we are the only team with fans, join us

t:mad:

Go for Adelaide United, their red colours are ideologically correct. And as a Tasmanian you should be familiar with the east coast making GBS threads on Adelaide much like they do Hobart.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

If you choose Victory you should flay yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Come sup from the holy sauce bottles and follow the Mariners.

The flavour of BBQ compels you.

• Locked thread