Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Return of Guigino's!

At least he isn't sat on the wobbliest chair in Philadelphia!

YESSSSS waiter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dennis missing the point again.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This has got to be one of the darker episodes they've ever done. Like darker than "The Gang Broke Dee"

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

That right there should have been the premiere. Fantastic.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They must have had a poo poo allotment for this episode or something.
Or is just not a big deal of TV anymore?
I remember it was big back when that South Park episode came out.

Am I old and out of touch now?

They've always been pretty liberal with the "shits," but I think this is the first time I've heard a "gently caress" on a Sunny episode, aside from the DVD-only Christmas special.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lester Shy posted:

They've always been pretty liberal with the "shits," but I think this is the first time I've heard a "gently caress" on a Sunny episode, aside from the DVD-only Christmas special.

He didn't say gently caress.

If Dennis is living with Dee because of the fire, where is Mac living.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

drunken officeparty posted:

Mac did. He said "what the gently caress are we gonna do now?" right after Charlie landed his joke about Ohio and they went into a huddle. I ran it back a few times to make sure because it stuck out to me.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

that ep was great and had three moments that I had to rewind and watch multiple times because they were so funny (Frank saying "I'm Frack. poo poo." and blowing the whistle; 'looks like the spider caught herself a fly' and 'hey, are you the whore who bangs everybody?')

also I thought Mac said gently caress but I didn't go back to see, it definitely stood out though

e: how did I forget "you convince yourself that you’re tough, and that you’re straight." "I am tough."

e2: did anyone else wonder why Dennis was over at Dee's place? does he live there because they burned up his apartment in the season finale?

nasboat fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 22, 2015

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

drunken officeparty posted:

If Dennis is living with Dee because of the fire, where is Mac living.

With Frank and Charlie. There's room for four on that bed, as long as you look out for the Turd Mergers.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

This episode was balls out hilarious.

Hi Ladies! I'm Frak.

poo poo.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lester Shy posted:

Mac did. He said "what the gently caress are we gonna do now?" right after Charlie landed his joke about Ohio and they went into a huddle. I ran it back a few times to make sure because it stuck out to me.

Wow I didn't even notice that. I thought they were talking about Frank mispronouncing his name.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wasn't just me that heard a 'gently caress' then. Might've just been mishearing, but interesting if it wasn't. First time in a non-premium cable show? Would make sense for Sunny or South Park to get that accolade. Fun episode, I always get nervous whenever Dennis starts losing the plot though. Never know what heinous act he might commit!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's actually pretty hard to make out exactly what Mac says there cause he an Frank are talking over one another, he's definitely saying 'what the ... are we gonna do now' could be 'gently caress' but it actually sounds censored to me, like the beginning of the word is muted out.

It's always pretty funny to me that Sunny doesn't use the word 'gently caress' but most people would probably never notice that cause they just use their own lingo and make everything sound as crass as it should. 'Banging', 'Pounding off' etc etc, censorship can't even slow these guys down.

Good episode, very dark, as many have already noted. Dennis has been very gloomy so far this season, the cameo by the Waiter in Guginos made me very happy. Also: "You convince yourself that you're tough, and that you're straight" -"I am tough".

Derv1sh
May 24, 2005

Oh, come on, don’t leave your Uncle Teabag hanging
That was one of the funniest episodes they've done for a while. Some great lines and Dennis losing it is always gold. Should've been the season opener.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

We can't talk about snakes. We can't talk about smells. What else is there?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I think that was easily the most laughs from an episode for a long time

The bird lady
The troll man
The dirty one
The gay one

and Henry the dog

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It astonishes me that every time the gang think of a way of bringing the bar into the equation for whatever scheme, it always manages to pack the place out and become a success. Which they then ruin through their own selfishness and stupidity. I'd love to see a Yelp or TripAdvisor page for Paddy's Pub.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Did anyone else notice Dennis stole a bunch of the other guys' shares of the night's take?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ratjaculation posted:

The bird lady
The troll man
The dirty one
The gay one

I was waiting to hear someone refer to Dennis. I guess he's the zero.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It astonishes me that every time the gang think of a way of bringing the bar into the equation for whatever scheme, it always manages to pack the place out and become a success. Which they then ruin through their own selfishness and stupidity. I'd love to see a Yelp or TripAdvisor page for Paddy's Pub.

They're probably down to zero stars.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

FadingChord posted:

They're probably down to zero stars.

ITS A FIVE STAR BAR.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

For all that is holy, please someone make the Dennis lean into the picture on last nights episode

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

ok

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

DNova posted:

Did anyone else notice Dennis stole a bunch of the other guys' shares of the night's take?

No but hahaha holy poo poo that's great I never would have noticed if you hadn't said anything but it was so blatant

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

goldblums eyes posted:

Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom got me good.

Yeah, that was an amazing title card smash cut.

My favorite all-time ep is probably The Gang Wrestles for the Troops, it's one of my go-to's to introduce people to the show.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I liked the episode but I really wanted more of Frank, Charlie and Mac perfecting their game. They were the highpoint for me. Really hoping for an episode where Mac joins the Gruesome Twosome.

I rate this episode a solid 4.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Me too. 4 thumbs up.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
This was a drat good episode. For a show in it's tenth season it can still crank out episodes that would fall in the 'better half' of the series.

It was a nice "sequel" episode to the Dennis System. And I like how the show has a DEEP well of callbacks, it never uses them as a crutch to become annoying/overused.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Also: "You convince yourself that you're tough, and that you're straight" -"I am tough".

My favoriet part.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I decided to give the show another chance after having not watched it seasons 8 and sesons 9. I remember season 8 I think it was where the show really took a turn for the not as funny as it used to be. I skipped out on season 9 but so far season 10 has been pretty good - should I go back and watch season 9 or was it one of the bad seasons like they had new writers or something?

Just wondering if this season is so far way better than the last or worth goin gback and watching. Thanks.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Meowbot posted:

I decided to give the show another chance after having not watched it seasons 8 and sesons 9. I remember season 8 I think it was where the show really took a turn for the not as funny as it used to be. I skipped out on season 9 but so far season 10 has been pretty good - should I go back and watch season 9 or was it one of the bad seasons like they had new writers or something?

Just wondering if this season is so far way better than the last or worth goin gback and watching. Thanks.

Much like every season- I find it can reach HIGH and LOW.

If you just had to watch 5 episodes:

1 . Gang Breaks Dee
2. Desperately Tries to Win an Award
3. The Gang Saves the Day
4. Mac Day
5. Mac and Dennis Buy a Time Share or Flowers for Charlie

The rest are just ok-mediocre.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Gang Breaks Dee is like episodes 1 through 5 if you had to watch 5 episodes from last season though. It's perfect

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

CaptainHollywood posted:

Much like every season- I find it can reach HIGH and LOW.

If you just had to watch 5 episodes:

1 . Gang Breaks Dee
2. Desperately Tries to Win an Award
3. The Gang Saves the Day
4. Mac Day
5. Mac and Dennis Buy a Time Share or Flowers for Charlie

The rest are just ok-mediocre.

You could have just listed 6 episodes it's not like he specifically asked for 5 or anything

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Season 9 is very good, watch it. Season 7 or 8 or whichever had the Dennis gets married episode and Frank's brother, that was kind of a low point. Since then however things have been up!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I really enjoyed the wade boggs episode and Dennis scream at the end of the new episode last night was phenomenal. I'll check out those ones from Season 9 if you got any good ones to point out as well let me know since I really do enjoy a good episode just the bad episodes make me shy away from trying to watch anymore as soon as I hit a snag. TYhank you

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Meowbot posted:

I really enjoyed the wade boggs episode and Dennis scream at the end of the new episode last night was phenomenal. I'll check out those ones from Season 9 if you got any good ones to point out as well let me know since I really do enjoy a good episode just the bad episodes make me shy away from trying to watch anymore as soon as I hit a snag. TYhank you

if you need any more help watching the tele-vision machine let us know please and thank you

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My favorite episode was the Gang hits the road. That episode had me in stitches the first time. From dennis knocking the biker over, to dee pissing in the jar and throwing it on mac, to the guys in the back passing out when the wicker furniture burns up. I also liked when the gang went to the jersey shore, because hey, everyone loves getting ripshit on ham.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Spoeank posted:

The Gang Breaks Dee is like episodes 1 through 5 if you had to watch 5 episodes from last season though. It's perfect

I remember people loving it when it first aired but I've never been a fan of this episode v:shobon:v

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I guess, then, the joke's on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zotix posted:

My favorite episode was the Gang hits the road. That episode had me in stitches the first time. From dennis knocking the biker over, to dee pissing in the jar and throwing it on mac, to the guys in the back passing out when the wicker furniture burns up. I also liked when the gang went to the jersey shore, because hey, everyone loves getting ripshit on ham.

TREES?? everywhere TREES?!!??