Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man Elements is getting crushed. Not sure that Reignover will get Rengar again anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

Replace Wickd with Kev1n or Freddie.

I don't know man, I think I might be replacing Shook and Wickd. I realise that Shook can be an absolute beast, but he's nowhere NEAR consistent enough.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

*buys randuins vs liss+xerath+annie*

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I just grabbed Reignover for fantasy because apparently I put my eggs in the wrong Korean Hype basket. This is only one game, but Steelback has a score of 4/0/12, and having a no-death ADC on an AD that doesn't have some kind of dash or self peel is really loving impressive.

e: lmao at Huni using an ability to get over the gate he could have just walked through.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 22, 2015

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i talk poo poo about wickd all the time but i think shook hosed up bigger here

wickd was getting next level camped but still almost killed huni or got insane allins and trades against him every time. with some proper prescence from shook he could have destroyed that lane, he was still exerting massive pressure even while behind

and it's 33 minutes into the game and shook still has 0 MR against a double AP team

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Febiven is xerath ult scripting / Elements is not xerath ult dodge scripting

They havent dodged a single ult charge

Edit: Yea as much as I like making fun of Wickd he was making GBS threads on Huni as Irelia. He would trade 75% of Huni's health for almost none of his own with only a phage while having a 30 cs lead in lane. Shook did nothing on the map pretty much. Their one good early game play was getting the first dragon.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Good showing for a completely new team.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

febiven is unreal with those ults

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Invalid Validation posted:

Good showing for a completely new team.
No, this is a great showing. Elements went to World's with all of these players, FNatic is going in with one remaining player and it's for all purpose, a brand new team.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
This is a good start to the season, already shaping up to have both EU and NA's last split first place teams be total poo poo this split. :allears:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

With only 18 games theres a lot more risk for alliance/elements to do their usual bullshit during the first half of the season

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

This is a good start to the season, already shaping up to have both EU and NA's last split first place teams be total poo poo this split. :allears:
Ziggs isn't in meta anymore and there's a whole lot more Koreans so hopefully EU never has anymore 1 hour siege games anymore.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Flameingblack posted:

Ziggs isn't in meta anymore and there's a whole lot more Koreans so hopefully EU never has anymore 1 hour siege games anymore.

EU LCS will still find a way to be boring. They got the best ADC EU and managed to become a worse team in spite of him. :psyduck:

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
I love that in the year 2015, I tune into EU LCS only to find Wickd playing Irelia.

I'm torn between trying to rip on Wickd for only playing one champion, versus ripping on enemy teams for not banning Irelia. Then again I guess you don't really want to go against CLG.eu with only two bans. I just don't understand it. I didn't see too much of the early game, and obviously they didn't have a problem with it since Wickd was 3/11 or whatever , but from what everyone is saying it's because he got camped and surprise surprise, was drawing more than his share of pressure/effectiveness on Irelia.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

EU LCS will still find a way to be boring. They got the best ADC EU and managed to become a worse team in spite of him. :psyduck:
You can't blame botlane for that. Shook never even attempted to stop the bleeding top lane, he might as well have been AFK that whole game as Wickd gets camped top while Froggen hopelessly plays a support mage Mid he can't carry from.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Flameingblack posted:

You can't blame botlane for that. Shook never even attempted to stop the bleeding top lane, he might as well have been AFK that whole game as Wickd gets camped top while Froggen hopelessly plays a support mage Mid he can't carry from.

They seem like a team that's desperately in need of coaching and a better draft phase. They seem to be mechanically sound but then draft bad teams (for example, losing to Kabum! because they picked a zero waveclear team into a Jinx) and they need a top laner who is good at more than one champion at the LCS level.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Woah jeez I didn't expect Reignover to have better English than Yellowstar

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

Picking the Lulu after trying to ban out febiven was especially confusing to me

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
Also why did Alliance change names? This poo poo is confusing enough, and then they picked a name that keeps making me think of a support who got relegated to obscurity like two years ago. And now Curse and Curse academy are different team names too.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Jackie D posted:

Picking the Lulu after trying to ban out febiven was especially confusing to me

yeah, froggen should have picked something he could carry from. he's a really good xerath, i feel like if they first picked it febi would have had almost nothing to play.

also, marvel at the beauty of shook's build

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

mushi posted:

Also why did Alliance change names? This poo poo is confusing enough, and then they picked a name that keeps making me think of a support who got relegated to obscurity like two years ago. And now Curse and Curse academy are different team names too.

Riot's way or solving the "Alex Garfield actually owns two LCS teams" issue was to have Alex Garfield rename both of his teams.

Yeah, I don't think anyone knows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mushi posted:

Alliance and Evil Genius had to change their names because they were owned by the same company, so they both split off.

Curse (The company) wanted to sponsor multiple teams through Curse Voice, so their E-Sports division split off and merged with Liquid (The owner of Team Curse) to form Team Liquid
Curse Academy had to be sold off because no one organization can own multiple teams in the LCS, so they were rebranded too.
Team Liquid has another little sister Challenger team, Liquid Academy.

Lovechop posted:

yeah, froggen should have picked something he could carry from. he's a really good xerath, i feel like if they first picked it febi would have had almost nothing to play.

To be fair, the Sivir and Rengar were really big threats too, but he should have been a whole lot more worried about the mages.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

lmao

I think these are the lowest CS totals i have seen since the fastpush meta. Were there any lane swaps?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kori was my first mid pick and he's apparently been replaced. GG. Hype train derailed. MYM's new mid laner reminds me of Ocelote without a scarf.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flameingblack posted:

To be fair, the Sivir and Rengar were really big threats too, but he should have been a whole lot more worried about the mages.

rengar was full tank and all their engage was incredibly bursty AP, and he's jarvan lol

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I just don't understand what the Lulu was supposed to be FOR. Usually if you do a double-shield comp like that (janna/lulu) you have a protect the X, but Rekkles was on Graves and Wickd was on Irelia so there's no one on the team who NEEDS that much shielding, they just needed more damage out of their midlane.

Target banning Febevin instead of just picking one of those mids for Froggen to carry with was weird.

I can't blame Wickd for this, he got camped and Shook built terribly and didn't countergank for him even when he was crushing Huni in lane.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

mistaya posted:

I just don't understand what the Lulu was supposed to be FOR. Usually if you do a double-shield comp like that (janna/lulu) you have a protect the X, but Rekkles was on Graves and Wickd was on Irelia so there's no one on the team who NEEDS that much shielding, they just needed more damage out of their midlane.

Target banning Febevin instead of just picking one of those mids for Froggen to carry with was weird.

I can't blame Wickd for this, he got camped and Shook built terribly and didn't countergank for him even when he was crushing Huni in lane.

Yeah Wickd did very well in lane and if Shook didn't afk after his one gank they could've completely shut down the toplane. But terrible play from Shook in both gank patterns and item build combined with a bad champ pick for Froggen lost them the game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don't care about the ban rate for these teams, just fix your overlay Rito. If I cared I'd find that info on Reddit.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

H0R0 puts the Korean Hype Train back on track and this train has no breaks. CHOO CHOO READY FOR THE OLAF

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why was kori replaced i was excited for the eulcs for the first time damnit rito i should have expected this

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Jesus christ Mimer's Renekton :aslol:

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

GreyPowerVan posted:

why was kori replaced i was excited for the eulcs for the first time damnit rito i should have expected this
Pretty sure he's one of the many dudes with visa issues. He'll be back

Also

Firebert posted:

Jesus christ Mimer's Renekton :aslol:
I don't know why he kept going in for trades vs Jax after his first death

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kori is European, they're just "testing out a new midlaner" while "Kori's status is still in the air" so it sounds kind of like they want to replace Kori for some reason.

e: Quickshot you're not allowed to say stomp!!

Routah
Feb 6, 2012
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/kori-blizer300-lcs/

Kori is most likely gone gone.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I'm not sure if Giants are way better than I thought, or if the midlaner switch hosed over MYM.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MYM shouldn't have replaced so many members at once. Quickshot had to correct himself by calling these games "Controlled" instead of "stomps"

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

MYM shouldn't have replaced so many members at once. Quickshot had to correct himself by calling these games "Controlled" instead of "stomps"

That's what they get for depending on a drama-magnet midlaner like Selfie/Kori

mushi
Oct 13, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

Alliance and Evil Genius had to change their names because they were owned by the same company, so they both split off.

Curse (The company) wanted to sponsor multiple teams through Curse Voice, so their E-Sports division split off and merged with Liquid (The owner of Team Curse) to form Team Liquid
Curse Academy had to be sold off because no one organization can own multiple teams in the LCS, so they were rebranded too.
Team Liquid has another little sister Challenger team, Liquid Academy.
Interesting. So wait, is EG now Gravity? I'm looking at the games for NA LCS and I literally don't recognize half of the teams, and I feel like I watched the relegation and expansion tournaments. Winterfox? Impulse?

Also, I love that prolly is involved somehow. He has the best poo poo-eating grin no matter what. Also important questions about having a coach: will Lemonnation still need to carry his notebook around, or will their coach have one? Or will they break out a groundbreaking second notebook?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
drat, pr0lly looking sharp and continues to be the best looking man in League of Legends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It amazes me that no matter what they do to Lee Sin, he is always a top pick/ban.

• Locked thread