Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

New highly good ui setup, it's way too much fun setting these up. The world section is just large enough to 1click between yak hide and bank if you angle it right :>.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

All 99s? I dunno. I might let em hit. :heysexy:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Bank 29: HolyWrenchie

HolyWrenchie's Royal Crossbow getting obtained with regular antifire and poo poo DPS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFYBd9qEm0g

Bank 30: Mcclay

Convo excerpt 100% said by Mcclay and not me:

And with that, I think I have to call it quits for bank cleaning for now. These were two completely crammed banks back to back, and even with using everything to do it faster than when I first started, it still takes a lot of time. I'm going to write a bank cleaning guide instead and post it hopefully in a few.

A social butterfly~

...Who was the first to inform me of a Crystal impling *wheeze*ing and *huff*ing that I caught successfully! I paid 500k bounty for it.

Haha nerd

Bungh0 is in OSRS

Aaaaand..

First spin of the day, Lucky Armadyl Chainskirt. That makes 3 lucky items since December.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

In OldSchool related news, today's patch notes are up.
  • Snake boss got its drop table nerfed, predictably
  • 200 Extra bank spaces added
  • Ava's devices now fetch arrows regardless of where they land (firing over rocks doesn't prevent pickup anymore)
  • Maple logs inventory icon reverted to RS Classic graphics to prevent illiterates from falling for yew log/maple log scams
  • Varrock west bank northern door added in anticipation of forthcoming Grand Exchange update
Some upcoming news on the OldSchool F2P servers is set to be announced on the twitch stream on Sunday (3PM EST, 8PM GMT). Presumably, OSRS is getting the trial period for new F2P accounts expanded beyond two weeks, or lifted entirely.

Upcoming updates (in rough planned release-date order):

Some new ideas being kicked around/worked on/briefly mentioned in the weekly livestream include a hellhound boss, abyssal scimitar, and how to implement coinshare/lootshare. For last week's Q&A, check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4mQc5uN4VY. This week's OSRS developer livestream begins in 15 minutes (Noon eastern, 5pm GMT?), on http://www.twitch.tv/runescape.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Soulhunter posted:

yew log/maple log scams

:wtc: People are falling for that? And here I thought they could right-click to get a better view of it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Soulhunter, literally every time you post about OSRS I just see this

and immediately become disinterested

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

How Rude posted:

Soulhunter, literally every time you post about OSRS I just see this
I see nothing wrong with that, it's obviously a properly designed walking cane. :colbert:

widespread posted:

:wtc: People are falling for that? And here I thought they could right-click to get a better view of it.
Between being able to right click the item on the first screen, a flashing :siren:WARNING SOMETHING GOT REPLACED:siren:, and the second screen where the items were displayed in text form, I really don't know how people were getting scammed but whatever I guess. Some folks just rush through trades/don't pay attention and I doubt an inventory icon swap will help those types much.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Soulhunter posted:

Between being able to right click the item on the first screen, a flashing :siren:WARNING SOMETHING GOT REPLACED:siren:, and the second screen where the items were displayed in text form, I really don't know how people were getting scammed but whatever I guess. Some folks just rush through trades/don't pay attention and I doubt an inventory icon swap will help those types much.

I kinda wanna see a mod post that's essentially "STOP loving RUSHING TRADES AND LOOK AT WHAT YOU'RE BUYING BEFORE YOU TRADE GOD DAMMIT." Because ya gotta force pubs to a new change.
I'd laugh instead if this got the scammers to stop and assume the buyers are smarter now.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

widespread posted:

Don't underestimate the idiocy of pubbies.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

WOW GREAT GAME LOVING IT

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
it seems like 07scape is quickly becoming like half-broken 2012scape instead

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so, 2012scape

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Much like taxes, I thought it was time to do Smoking kills after much pushing myself. I have to wade through 4 required quests before even getting to it apparently.

Although the first two are noob quests with Ozan, and I gotta say they've really done a number on quests. Quite amazing that this is in a browser [even though I use the client]. The last time I quested it was lovely text overhead in the same dull RSC locales.

Seeing Al Kharid actually looking like an Aladdin town was really cool. I remember the A.K Palace guards were just normal dudes in purple shirts and iron med helms. Bravo RS. Dare I say I was mildly immersed and enjoying it?!

I don't mind quests if they're like this, especially if it's just combat. It's when I look at a wiki and see dumb skills and item requirements [Like Smoking kills]. Just give the items in the quest and let us roll with it!

Maybe I need to find a list of all of the noob quests I haven't done, spend some time blitzing through them and maybe I won't run into many roadblocks for future medium/long quests.

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 23, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/membership-price-changes---1st-march-2015?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

quote:

:siren:Membership Price Changes - 1st March 2015:pcgaming:

In November, we announced that we would be increasing the price of membership for new members and those who've been unsubscribed for more than 14 days.

Today, we can confirm that this will come into effect on the 1st of March 2015. You can find the new pricing below:
US, UK, EU, AU and CA membership prices

The price of Bonds will also increase:
US, UK, EU, AU and CA Bond prices

Once the price rises, each Bond will be redeemable for 14 days of membership, 195 RuneCoins or 15 Treasure Hunter Keys. The price rise will not affect the RuneCoin cost of Solomon’s Store items.

$9.49 and €8,49 for a month. 6$ for a bond, RIP 7 mil bonds, I should've bought more than two.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Holy poo poo, Magic Trees make the worst sound.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Spergminer posted:

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/membership-price-changes---1st-march-2015?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

$9.49 and €8,49 for a month. 6$ for a bond, RIP 7 mil bonds, I should've bought more than two.

If it means more solid content, cool by me. Still cheap as chips for the amount of game you get. Esp when doing other stuff.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Spergminer posted:

Themata fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 23, 2015

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Themata posted:

Bungh0 is in OSRS

:lol:

Lmao @ Aussies paying over 11 bux a month for this game. And I thought Canadian dollars were an unpopular currency.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Gonna get 12 month premium solely for the 150k Loyalty Points, need muh Pennance Aura

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Terces posted:

:lol:

Lmao @ Aussies paying over 11 bux a month for this game. And I thought Canadian dollars were an unpopular currency.

You forgot about the Australia Taxtm for example at one point it was cheaper to fly to America to buy the adobe creative suite even if you count accommodation and stuff.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Swicky posted:

Gonna get 12 month premium solely for the 150k Loyalty Points, need muh Pennance Aura

that is a solid choice for it, I spent 12 bonds on a portion of membership then bought the rest with real money so I got about a year's worth of membership for only 46 bucks and all the benefits included.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Welcome to Swickys i can do math but because spreadsheets do it for me post!!!!!

My calculations to get from 53 (heh) to 99 herblore. I would have done to 94 or what ever for boosted overloads, but the way i look at it i can get to 96 with extremes, and then go from 96 to 99 by spending only 17million, giving me a bunch of overloads for bossing and extremes for slayer.

BUT WAIT, MY AMBITIONS ARE EVEN HIGHER

Gotta get dat yak. Once again, i can get to 96 and be set for life, but hey it's only an extra 4k charms, i don't mind doing it and it will get my high range/defense gathering them. Also the secondaries are pretty much the easiest, cheapest high level secondary to get.

GOTTA PAY THE PIZZA MAFIA BACK THOUGH :colbert:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
My spreadsheets look fantastic and organised, no one question me on that ~~~~~

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Swicky posted:

GOTTA PAY THE PIZZA MAFIA BACK THOUGH :colbert:

Reading this in Charlie's voice made way too much sense

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
"The gang pay back the Pizza Mafia"

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Swicky posted:

"The gang pay back the Pizza Mafia"

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Spergminer posted:

So maybe stockpile before March 1st, then burn through them as the price rise hits.

In unrelated news, you guys need to try out the Sinister Keys. They're used for a chest from 2002. Said chest has consistent herb drops that are all worth more than the key itself. Catch is, you need 49 Agility, fair amount of health, and possibly a Beast of Burden to really cash in on allegedly dead content.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
So as we know, goons are horrible and messy (except me) when it comes to their banks and cleaning it is always... a chore. You know that saying. Give a goon a Pizza Lady and she will clean their filthy clogged banks. Give a goon a cleaning guide and their banks will probably still be filthy poo poo cause they're goons but maybe slightly less while still requiring Pizza Lady's services!

Partially it can be blamed on how archaic the inventory and bank system is. There's so many little things they could do to make keeping it clean easier but no, barebones bank for a playerbase that can barely wipe their own asses. Typical Jagex!!

Enough of that, here's what some of you nerds were waiting for!

:byob1: Pizza Lady's Bank Cleaning Guide :byob1:

General Cleaning Tips (for filthy nerds)

- GET RID OF QUEST ITEMS AFTER IT'S OVER. Seriously. You don't need all those scraps of paper, books, and whatever other garbage the game requires you to use. Throw them out after your're done with it. The only real exceptions are the mourner gear for the awful elf quests, the monkey greegree for Monkey Madness, and the speaking amulets for ghosts, cats, monkeys, and camels. You might as well toss quest weapons if you don't ever use it cause that's just a waste of drat space.
- DECANT YOUR POTIONS. Please stop leaving all your 1 dose, 2 dose, 3 dose, 4 dose, 5 dose, and 6 dose potions and flasks everywhere. Your bank isn't your computer desk, just because you leave half sipped cans of Mountain Dew and Pepsi everywhere, don't do this for your Super Attacks and Super Defence.
- USE ONE OF EACH TELEPORT TYPE ONLY. Like your potions, you should not have 5 different slots used up each for your Games Necklaces, Rings of Dueling, and dragonstone teleports. Either burn through one of each teleport item or dump it. I can only imagine the number of transportation passes you have lying around.
- SELL WEAPONS AND ARMOUR AS YOU LEVEL UP. Unless you need older sets because you roleplay on World 42, get rid of old sets of weapons and armour, jesus christ. You don't need those leather gloves and bronze hatchets at level 82 attack and defence. That or put them into boxed sets if you're so desperate to hoard so only one inventory slot takes up dust instead of 20.
- CLEAN HERBS, SELL SEEDS. You do not need both grimy and clean versions of herbs you can clean. If you don't plan to clean the herbs, sell the drat things. If you're high level herblore, sell all the drat guams, tarromin, marrentill, and harralander you'll never ever loving touch. Same for seeds. Get rid of all the farming seeds that you will never plant and grow successfully, just like you do with your regular seed.
- ORDER ITEMS BY QUANTITY. If you're not sure how to organise certain items, try doing it by how many you have. It's not a perfect way to do it, but it's a simple way to order things, and looks nicer than random numbers everywhere.
- PUT AWAY poo poo IN YOUR POH. Do you have stuff that could go in your Player Owned House? Do you have Level 42 Construction? Do- okay no if you answered yes to both you don't have a loving excuse. This means you can have both a Menagerie and a Costume Room. PUT ALL YOUR poo poo AWAY THERE. The good news is, you can buy the highest level storages for the Costume Room. For some reason, Jagex being Jagex, the names are not straightforward for some of the mahogany poo poo - so if you want the costume box, magic wardrobe, armour case, etc., you have to type stupid poo poo like m'gany and g'ny or some poo poo. Here you lazy bastard - this is what goes in the costume room! If you're one of the dweebs with a shitload of 99's and you buy all the stupid capes, get a gilded cape rack at the very least. Capes are the fedoras of Runescape, at least keep it classy and keep it all in one place.
- DESTROY DIANGO ITEMS. Almost all Treasure Hunter and holiday items can be destroyed and sent to Diango. Right click it and see if it has the Destroy option. If it does, click it, and see if the item will be destroyed to Diango. Most of the time it is. The rubber chicken is a weird one cause it has a drop option, but goes to Diango anyway which makes you wonder - would it be possible to drop trick the rubber chicken in front of him?? Anyway, get rid of all your stupid junk.
- DITCH TOOLBELT ITEMS. Remember how in Runescape 2, if you forgot your tinderbox and went to Eagles Peak, you were utterly hosed? Runescape 3 might have gone backwards by removing some vital little features cause Jagex is stupid turd, but the toolbelt is one of the best updates ever, as it stores all the useless general store type items so you never need to use precious bank space to store it and forget it again. Most items are already in your toolbelt, so if you have knives, chisels, tinderboxes, moulds (these you should try to add to toolbelt first to make sure it's on there), dump em. You never need them again. Watch, chart and sextants are toolbeltable, so do that. The spade is iffy. Some quests are still dumb and may require one in your inventory cause obviously you can't use one that you have on your belt, haha, of course, makes sense. Ropes are the same, but once you get through most quests and get to the Kalphite Queen, and find the Agility Pyramid shortcut, you'll probably never need a rope ever again.
- GET RID OF THE BUCKETS OF poo poo. Yes, I know, you need the buckets of literal turds in your bank because you might use your Camulet teleports :qq:. Oh wait you don't, please remove the buckets of poo poo, as well as any glass shards you may have in there. You know I'm referring to you. Yes you, you weeaboo.
- BOXED SETS. Boxed sets are there to help you save space, so please use them when possible~ You can make them at the Grand Exchange by right clicking bankers and choosing the Sets option. The set system itself is counter-intuitive because Jagex doesn't have intuiton, but you'll fumble through every time.
- STOP HOARDING FISH. Unless you plan on having a neat orderly pretty collection, get rid of the drat food that heals only 200 HP when you have 99 Constitution. You're never going to eat it so sell the rotting thing to some pubbie.

And finally, perhaps the most important tip of all:
- PUT THINGS BACK RIGHT AWAY. You know how you get that e-mail, text or voice message and you think, I'll reply to that later, and then end up putting it off? Same poo poo happens with your bank! If you have a designated spot to put things in, do it right away instead of dumping it all into the first tab. It literally only takes seconds, and yes, the bank system is super poo poo and should allow you to have designated spots for items, but we all know Jagex has more important things to do, like fixing typos and turning bugs into 'features', because why would improving on the very thing we touch every single time we play frequently be important right? Just put it away right way. You don't even have the excuse that you 'don't have time' - you're playing Runescape.

With that said, here is one way to use your tabs to order your bank:

Tab 1 can be your junk tab or things you plan to use and be done with right away, or quest items, so you know to toss that out. It could also have a few things you use quite frequently or doesn't have a place to go. Don't let this tab fill up too much, or you know your bank is turning into messy poo poo.
Tab 2 can be your 'main' tab - money, gems, summoning charms, ores, basically a raw materials tab with a few extras.
Tab 3 can be your Runes tab - all things related to Runecrafting, and if you desire, magic staves that you'd only use for high alching (Mindspike saves you from having all four basic elemental staves as it can switch to all four at any time).
Tab 4 can be your Food tab. Anything edible and cooking related can go here.
Tab 5 can be your Combat tab. The thing with Combat tabs are goons tend to hoard every weapon and armour they come across. I suspect it's cause they rub their bodies all over it to mark it with their scent. The way I like ordering it is Ranged Ammo, Rings/Necklaces, Melee Weapons/Armour, Magic Weapons/Armour, Ranged Weapons/Armour, All and Hybrid Armour, Dungeoneering Rewards. I'm not sure :wtc: happened on this day, but I should go back in time and smack the Pizza of Feb 2014 for this poor excuse of a combat tab.
Tab 6 can be your Potions tab. I like to make rainbows out of them because rainbows own. :rory:
Tab 7 can be your Farming/Hunter tab. Herbs, seeds, tertiaries, and implings can ideally go here. As you can see, I liked ordering things by quantity, if it wasn't herbs, seeds and implings.
Tab 8 can be your Slayer helmet/teleports tab. Things that generally don't fit anywhere else can go here, as well as quest items that are useful after the quest and not total garbage, as well as certain Treasure Trails items.
Tab 9 can be your Divination/cosmetics tab. You can put all your energies in order, as well as pretty flowers and sombreros, and skilling gear that's relevant at the moment.

Of course, this is just one way to sort things and order it, but I find it the easiest. If your bank is still quite empty, start setting up a system now, or you'll become a hoardy messer. This is my bank as it stands now:

You can condense it when you really want to, you just need to get over the mindset of 'maaaybe I'll need this' no you really don't, please toss/sell it. Other than a select few, most goons don't even notice most of the things I've dumped to be missing. You won't miss it either! You'd also not have a typical goon/pubbie bank. Do you want to have a bank messy like pubbies??? Of course not!

Now stop whatever you're doing, whether that's harvesting wisps from the super fun blazing fast xp skill of Divination, or the incredibly exhilarating, fast paced afk Agility training, and clean your bank. :-) Please. :-) Seriously. :-) Else I will hack you, sell everything you have, and leave nothing but a cash pile and several pizzas.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Optional Guide:

Have Pizza Lady do it

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Poonerman posted:

Optional Guide:

Have Pizza Lady do it

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,461,65557196

As requested by chat - a pubbie is very upset about the relleka east wall shortcut.
:tipshat:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Terces posted:

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,461,65557196

As requested by chat - a pubbie is very upset about the relleka east wall shortcut.
:tipshat:

Honestly I wish instead of making a path they did an agility obstacle. Why? Because agility is nearly loving worthless with little to no gain for the extreme grind. More shortcuts please. Alternatively, remove agility from the game.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Add in a new skill solely for building more places for you to use agility.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

A few things: If you're high level keep Darklight for tormented demons, Korasi's sword, Blisterwood staff/scythe, basically keep all quest items you can use to efficiently kill enemies.
- Jewellery with 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, whatever charges can be noted and given to Murky Matt the pirate at the Grand Exchange. He'll decant them all into the highest charge, so for a 3 and two 6 charge games necklaces you'll get a full 8 charge and a 7 charge necklace.
-:siren:DON'T DESTROY DIANGO ITEMS WITH CHARGES IN THEM:siren: Do not waste your 100*50000 GP or lose out on 10k prayer bxp because you forgot to decharge a treasure hunter thingy. Check 'em before you wreck 'em.
-If you have done all quests, throw your ropes away. Keep a spade (at least in the tool leprechaun, because Jagex still hasn't fixed the glitch where you NEED to use an item spade to get a fruit tree seed back with a Scroll of Life.
-Don't keep one of each div energy in your bank unless you're powertraining, you dorks.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Hoard everything

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Swicky posted:

Hoard everything

Wisdom here.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

I bet kari would rather die than sort out my bank

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I'll sort your bank for you.

Slots used: 0/468

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

SleepingPizza posted:

I bet kari would rather die than sort out my bank

start by throwing out the lovely seeds you never use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Jagex ONLY sells 11 bank boosters? gently caress!