Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Zombies are dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBK3IWkYyM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
No we aren't. We're brain-deficient, you bigot.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I appreciate and respect the Boat kind however.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Wazzit posted:

I appreciate and respect the Boat kind however.

What about rainbows?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Zombee /= Zombie

Exo Zombies is going to rule.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Took advantage of the holiday sale and got CoD AW + season pass on my xbone. I'll probably send a request for an invite in the Boys clan if there's any space left, my gt is BobbyBeaudoin.

Also decided to play blops 2 on 360 again since I p.much skipped it due to lag issues, it's refreshing seeing people use all kinds of different guns. I'm getting sick of having to deal with the ASM1 in AW at all times.

Edit: I never thought about doing hardcore, that sounds like a great idea, plus it'll allow me to level the mk14.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 21, 2015

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've been playing exclusively hardcore since no one has been on when I'm playing, and the fact that every gun is viable is fairly fun. Got my first 15 gun-killstreak too, but got killed by an ally assault drone. I loving hunted that guy down and TKed him til I got booted for that, ugh.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Took advantage of the holiday sale and got CoD AW + season pass on my xbone. I'll probably send a request for an invite in the Boys clan if there's any space left, my gt is BobbyBeaudoin.

Also decided to play blops 2 on 360 again since I p.much skipped it due to lag issues, it's refreshing seeing people use all kinds of different guns. I'm getting sick of having to deal with the ASM1 in AW at all times.

Edit: I never thought about doing hardcore, that sounds like a great idea, plus it'll allow me to level the mk14.

Lol did you bother reading the thread first?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I like that new laser gun

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I have high hopes for the gameplay patch next week. Condrey has been alluding to not heavily nerfing anything but instead relying on buffs to alter the weapon balance.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Javes posted:

I have high hopes for the gameplay patch next week. Condrey has been alluding to not heavily nerfing anything but instead relying on buffs to alter the weapon balance.

I'm still utterly baffled as to why they buffed the EM1, it was not exactly feeble to begin with.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nighthand posted:

I've been playing exclusively hardcore since no one has been on when I'm playing, and the fact that every gun is viable is fairly fun. Got my first 15 gun-killstreak too, but got killed by an ally assault drone. I loving hunted that guy down and TKed him til I got booted for that, ugh.

What guns do you prefer for Hardcore? I've been rotating between the damage buffed versions of the SN6, AK, Ameli, and the ASM1 Reckless.
I have the +1 damage MK14, but it's still crap even in HC.
I want to like the burst-fire weapons, but the Pro-Pipe is the only one I have with a damage bonus. :geno:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've been grinding camos for the LMGs. The EM1 with an ACOG and heat sink was pretty good and hilariously rage-inducing (2/3 games had someone end it with "THAT loving LASER GUY, THAT'S BULLSHIT MAN")

Then I swapped to the Pytaek and even with no perks and no attachments I've been doing 25-35 kills a game in dom, typically while winning. I'm 2 kills short of gold, then I can add stuff to make a real class and see how insane it gets.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Nighthand posted:

I've been grinding camos for the LMGs. The EM1 with an ACOG and heat sink was pretty good and hilariously rage-inducing (2/3 games had someone end it with "THAT loving LASER GUY, THAT'S BULLSHIT MAN")

Then I swapped to the Pytaek and even with no perks and no attachments I've been doing 25-35 kills a game in dom, typically while winning. I'm 2 kills short of gold, then I can add stuff to make a real class and see how insane it gets.

It's quite good, and I don't even hate the irons now.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Me either, now that I've gotten used to them, but I still think I'll swap to something else. Maybe Thermal just to grind the kills for the calling card, or something. Or maybe I'll get frustrated with how much I hate thermal scopes in these games and drop it after two games.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Shannow posted:

I'm still utterly baffled as to why they buffed the EM1, it was not exactly feeble to begin with.

It doesn't "fire" as fast on consoles.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Merry Marauder posted:

It doesn't "fire" as fast on consoles.

It was pretty poo poo on consoles. Then, on 360 at least, it got an absurd buff that put it head and shoulders above everything else.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Nighthand posted:

The thermal is really good for grinding the head/longshots, but yeah it's a pretty solid gun.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Definitely gonna hold off on buying the DLC until I know I can instantly play the maps without a hassle. I learned my lesson after Ghosts map pack #2.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Hey guys Ghosts wasn't all that bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Just horribly boring with worse maps than MW3. At least Extinction was good.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I really hope the poverty box gets the system hack update thing, hate that goddamn skull in my face.

Also zombies looks cool.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Wait, they still haven't removed the skull from system hack on the old consoles? Is High Moon studios trying to be worse than Beachhead or something?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

Wait, they still haven't removed the skull from system hack on the old consoles? Is High Moon studios trying to be worse than Beachhead or something?

There's a glitch on solar that gets you on top of the skybox. So yes.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Wazzit posted:

Good to see the cycle is continuing with every CoD game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Uh, isn't the tradition to say it's better than the current game?

Also, I don't recall anybody doing that with CoD3, World at War, or MW3, so it can't really be a tradition.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Besides, this game is good and fun. Only problem is the laughable gun balance.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mister Macys posted:

Also, I don't recall anybody doing that with CoD3, World at War, or MW3, so it can't really be a tradition.

People definitely went back to MW3 after BLOPS 2, especially when it first came out and wasn't working right. World at War is the outlier in this situation because people went "Uh, COD4 is a better game" and played that instead of WaW.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Besides, this game is good and fun. Only problem is the laughable gun balance.

Play Hardcore.

:iia:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Good to see the cycle is continuing with every CoD game.

Except nobody is playing Ghosts.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Except nobody is playing Ghosts Xbox 360.

I think I found the reason.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Play Hardcore.

:iia:

Hardcore sucks.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Black Ops sucks.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Black Ops sucks.

Galil's fired.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The unbeliever cannot harm those who keep the faith of Him who is called Mason.

BLOPS is great. :jihad:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Can we just start treating Ghosts like Caddyshack 2 and pretend that it never happened?

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

Hardcore sucks.

Look how wrong you are. LOOK!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

DJCobol posted:

Look how wrong you are. LOOK!

Nah. I'm right.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Mister Macys posted:

did MW3 have a support class? if so then i loved MW3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Mill Village posted:

poo poo.. nobody is playing anything at the moment.

• Locked thread