Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Captain Invictus posted:

Matt, please, for the love of christ, don't play, mock, talk about, or even mention Huniepop in any SBF stuff. Don't give that incredibly creepy developer guy any more attention than he's already gotten, negative or otherwise

I don't know what that is. Did one of us mention it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

I don't know what that is.

the newest thing to get flustered about on the internet

edit: do not bring any attention to this amazingly weird and strange thing that you won't believe exists even when you see it with your own two eyes

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 22, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah, it's some new dating sim similar to that Sakura Spirit and such crap that's been showing up on Steam and the like, I think it's one of the top sellers right now. Dude who made it posted a video of his "research" for the game, wherein he goes around creeping on random strangers. There was some other pretty gross stuff they were doing, I forget exactly what, but just everything around it is bad.

Minorkos posted:

the newest thing to get flustered about on the internet

edit: do not bring any attention to this amazingly weird and strange thing that you won't believe exists even when you see it with your own two eyes
It's almost as if asking him not to talk about a pretty reprehensible game/developer on a small internet forum thread so that it's not exposed to the tens or hundreds of thousands of people who listen to them and watch their videos is exactly why I asked it here!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 22, 2015

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

It's almost as if asking him not to talk about a bad game on a small internet forum thread so that it's not exposed to the tens or hundreds of thousands of people who listen to them and watch their videos is exactly why I asked it here!

I agree, we should definitely not be talking about HuniePop the videogame that is too hosed up to exist.

edit: i saw you call me an idiot so now i'm definitely bringing up huniepop at the water cooler tomorrow

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
"Please don't bring up this thing I'm going to bring up and post a whole bunch about out of loving nowhere!"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Kins posted:

"Please don't bring up this thing I'm going to bring up and post a whole bunch about out of loving nowhere!"
If two posts comprised of like half a dozen sentences is "a whole bunch" to you, you're probably incredibly stupid

Minorkos posted:

I agree, we should definitely not be talking about HuniePop the videogame that is too hosed up to exist.

edit: i saw you call me an idiot so now i'm definitely bringing up huniepop at the water cooler tomorrow
I said you're an idiot because massive hyperbole in lieu of an actual argument to trivialize what I'm saying is the worst sort of shitpost, dude

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
While the other dude is being a complete dickbag, he has a point. If something shouldn't get press in your opinion, you keep quiet about it yourself. Tell people "yeah, you probably shouldn't give this more attention than you already did" if it comes up, but don't bring it into light. Kinda counterproductive.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

While the other dude is being a complete dickbag, he has a point. If something shouldn't get press in your opinion, you keep quiet about it yourself. Tell people "yeah, you probably shouldn't give this more attention than you already did" if it comes up, but don't bring it into light. Kinda counterproductive.
The reason I brought it up in the first place is because Liam or whoever might see it and talk about it for a laugh without knowing that the developer is a creepy weirdo, and I would rather not have him get more exposure if possible.

Off the top of my head there's the "field research" video which is cringeworthy in less than a minute before I turned it off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFipODZte9I

If this is all some masterful troll work and this video was all a setup, then nevermind I guess

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I hope SBF turns into a huniepop-focused website giving us all the latest and greatest in the world of huniepop

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I dunno, Liam or Pat might bring it up in the next podcast. I can't control that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

I dunno, Liam or Pat might bring it up in the next podcast. I can't control that.

Train Zach to attack anyone that mentions huniepop. That might work. If we hear pained screams on the next podcast we'll know if it happened.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Liam's days are numbered in that case

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Reading your posts you reek of desperately wanting to let everyone know how "in" you are with this nonsense issue no one's ever heard and apparently all I should know or care about it is your moral indignation. I don't give a gently caress. Stop trying to censor my SBF, thanks.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I know a guy that could get you a reeeeal good deal on some Battle Royale style collars.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

beep by grandpa posted:

Reading your posts you reek of desperately wanting to let everyone know how "in" you are with this nonsense issue no one's ever heard and apparently all I should know or care about it is your moral indignation. I don't give a gently caress. Stop trying to censor my SBF, thanks.
These reactions are hilariously overboard for a couple fairly innocuous posts.

No more huniepop talk then, by your command. Instead, I'll ask this: how many more SMRPG episodes will there be before Liam uses the Y button?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

These reactions are hilariously overboard for a couple fairly innocuous posts.

No more huniepop talk then, by your command. Instead, I'll ask this: how many more SMRPG episodes will there be before Liam uses the Y button?

At least 3.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

A part of be thinks they shouldn't record some many videos at the beginning so we don't have to wait 9 videos for them to correct a simple mistake, but than I realized that seeing people in the comments loosing their poo poo over simple mistakes for 9 videos is way funnier.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 22, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Matt you should do HuniePop for a Machina episode. Seems right up there with some of the other bad poo poo you've played.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Matt you should do HuniePop for a Machina episode. Seems right up there with some of the other bad poo poo you've played.

It'd be perfect for a Creepy Anime Bullshit episode.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

KaosMachina posted:

It'd be perfect for a Creepy Anime Bullshit episode.

It'll be up there with the AutoBlow 2.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can't say that I've got enough cred in the anime dating sim community to have a well reasoned, nuanced opinion about HuniePop-Gate 2015 like some posters but I also support a machinima vid, SBF spoilercast and merch.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

beep by grandpa posted:

As somebody who knows fuckall about Huniepop beyond seeing show up on Steam and instinctive going "No", my atrocity tourism gland is effectively piqued.

Is this some sort of weird reverse-marketing gimmick? :aaa:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

beep by grandpa posted:

Can't say that I've got enough cred in the anime dating sim community to have a well reasoned, nuanced opinion about HuniePop-Gate 2015 like some posters but I also support a machinima vid, SBF spoilercast and merch.
It's almost as if I dropped it so as not to derail the thread further. Way to be super pathetic and try to keep dragging it out

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

It's almost as if I dropped it so as not to derail the thread further. Way to be super pathetic and try to keep dragging it out

Your posts crying about it being talked about are 100x worse than the game itself.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Your posts crying about it being talked about are 100x worse than the game itself.

Posting about posting, dude. Chill out.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Can we poll who actually knew or cared about his game until it was mentioned?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Radio Paranoia posted:

Can we poll who actually knew or cared about his game until it was mentioned?

We'd rather not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still disappointed that you guys did Guilty Gear so early because you didn't get to show off Leo who is the loving bomb.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm still disappointed that you guys did Guilty Gear so early because you didn't get to show off Leo who is the loving bomb.

That is just a good excuse to play it again.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
That creepy dude should make any type of creepy game he wants. I also think that The Zaibatsu can talk about anything they want as well.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Matt

Outside of video games, do you have any other hobbies? Like darts, golf, snowboarding, bicycling, etc?
E: After posting I realize this comes across as rude lol. I was throwing darts though and thought "I wonder if any of the zaibatsu throws darts? Or what hobbies they like besides vijeo games"

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 22, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

goldblums eyes posted:

Matt

Outside of video games, do you have any other hobbies? Like darts, golf, snowboarding, bicycling, etc?

Punisher

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Good god. How are BOTH Liam and Pat so dense that their reaction to everything in that first section of Pipe Vault screaming "loving RUN YOU IDIOTS" is to do something that would be such obviously bad design if that was how it was intended? I'm flabbergasted.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You are sounding alot like the dark souls people.

Stop it if I were you.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Everyone attacking that one dude for saying "don't talk about this thing on the podcast" made me sad :(. This thread has gone on a long streak without having an accident, and then everyone tripped into the cow grinder.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

TriffTshngo posted:

Good god. How are BOTH Liam and Pat so dense that their reaction to everything in that first section of Pipe Vault screaming "loving RUN YOU IDIOTS" is to do something that would be such obviously bad design if that was how it was intended? I'm flabbergasted.

I almost stopped watching after he started failing the jumps. Ughh

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 22, 2015

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Shindragon posted:

You are sounding alot like the dark souls people.

Stop it if I were you.

Yes, Super Mario RPG and Dark Souls are basically the same level of complexity.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TriffTshngo posted:

Yes, Super Mario RPG and Dark Souls are basically the same level of complexity.

Nah, these complaints are similar levels of obnoxious tho. Geez. You guys are becoming the Giant Bomb thread.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Dias posted:

You guys are becoming the Giant Bomb thread.

No, that's still Invictus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Perfect Potato posted:

No, that's still Invictus

Stupid callouts after something has been dropped is quite Giant Bomb thread, I think.

On a note that isn't please stop being assholes I'm loving the continued storytelling in the SMRPG descriptions.