Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Jonny 290 posted:

dudes that are all "so let me lay it down for you here's how the biz works" and have intimate details of the tipping and scheduling systems skeeve me out

I hope I'm done with stereotypical bachelor parties so I don't have to go back to strip clubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jonny 290 posted:

dudes that are all "so let me lay it down for you here's how the biz works" and have intimate details of the tipping and scheduling systems skeeve me out

strippers are people too and its entirely reasonable to treat them like people and talk about their job

(only outside of the context of buying drinks/dances, of course)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

PCjr sidecar posted:

strippers are people too and its entirely reasonable to treat them like people and talk about their job

(only outside of the context of buying drinks/dances, of course)

During one bachelor party, an acquaintance was trying to get this one dancer to do all sorts of things but she just wanted to talk about her dog and show pictures of it off her phone. Then she would talk about her boyfriend and other issues that she had. Now this acquaintance found it highly annoying, I found that it was a good time to get some insight on the lives of marginalized people since you never get to hear their stories.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

sonatinas posted:

I hope I'm done with stereotypical bachelor parties so I don't have to go back to strip clubs.

I wanna do what that one football coach did, go to a paintball range and optionally beat an entire team of 9 year olds while you're there

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
last bachelor party I went to we went to indoor gokarting which was fun.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

misread as "indoor gokuing"

Apr 7, 2003

admins, please change my name to GOKU CONSIDERED HARMFUL

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Citizen Tayne posted:

GOKU CONSIDERED HARMFUL

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Citizen Tayne posted:

GOKU CONSIDERED HARMFUL

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shaggar posted:

last bachelor party I went to we went to indoor gokarting which was fun.

last bachelor party i went to ended up at a strip club, where the groomsmen paid the strippers to get the groom up on stage, give him a dance, and then spend the second song punishing him and literally tearing the elastic band off of his underwear

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mine was at a huge cabin in the ozark hills, we ate mushrooms and had a john henry canoe race, then somebody threw a bottle of whiskey at my brother and we played poker and old dnb all weekend

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

mine was at a huge cabin in the ozark hills, we ate mushrooms and had a john henry canoe race, then somebody threw a bottle of whiskey at my brother and we played poker and old dnb all weekend

that sounds pro as gently caress, man

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Citizen Tayne posted:

GOKU CONSIDERED HARMFUL

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shaggar posted:

yes I cant wait to watch the irs spend more money than it gets trying to prosecute individual uber drivers.

prosecutions are rare and expensive
manual audits are rare and expensive
automated audits are extremely common and profitable

a bunch of dudes will just get letters in the mail demanding thousands of dollars in back taxes
(15.4% self-employment plus ~$15k in un-witheld income taxes, if uber's outlandish claims about driver income are true)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

When I first started here, a bunch of dadly colleagues invited me to hit the Tilted Kilt with them. they harassed the poor waitress and jokes about how they could "buy her." men in their 40s and early 50s. it was gross and shameful.

Did you at least treat her respectfully and give her a pained "I'm sorry" expression when someone said something gross

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

vodkat posted:

if only this was a gay version of hooters in which really buff guys walk around in tiny kilts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYBA1GQf5WQ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

computer parts posted:

I wanna do what that one football coach did, go to a paintball range and optionally beat an entire team of 9 year olds while you're there

That sounds pro

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i love davos

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

i love davos

i am cradling my smartphone in my arms, singing to it softly

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

A ton of poo poo that strip clubs do with their not-employees is illegal as all hell but the women have to just take it because nobody is going to stand up for strippers and even if they took it to court there's the near certainty that a jurist would be biased against them.

Same with house cleaners, but they unfortunately often have an added racism and/or immigration status clusterfuck going on as well.

in irvine a while back there was a case where a cop was basically talking this one stripper. he ended up (in uniform) pulling her over on her way home and raping her. the defense strategy, which worked, was that she was asking for it being dressed like that.

it's one of the reasons that i do not live in irvine even though that's where the office is.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Pinterest Mom posted:

i love davos

lol throw eric schmidt in a pit with no food for a week and a half, then throw him an anroid

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

computer parts posted:

jim harbaugh and it was laser tag

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

i love davos

eric schmidt is a tremendous piece of poo poo

bill gates is a better man than he could ever hope to be

Apr 7, 2003

Eric Schidt loll

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

qirex posted:

carl icahn is an old school corporate raider where he buys enough of a companyto make a nuisance of himself then demands that they immediately do things that will make the stock go up with no consideration for the future of the company beyond him making money in the next 2-8 quarters

in this case the thinking is that ebay isn't growing any more but paypal is so splitting them up will turn paypal into a stock market rocketship
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2014/09/30/ebay-and-paypal-to-split-carl-icahn-and-elon-musk-wish-comes-true/

that guy is a fuckin prick

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

sounds like mine except for a small cabin on lake superior, and beers and booze instead of mushrooms. and a bonfire on the beach instead of canoe whatever. and no whiskey bottle throwing.

so i guess not like mine at all except for the cabin and the poker. :shrug:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah that's pretty much his thing, he tried to do it to apple and after they did a big [but not as big as icahn wanted] dividend they told him to gently caress off and did a split instead

he was basically telling apple to give all their cash to shareholders

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

qirex posted:

yeah that's pretty much his thing, he tried to do it to apple and after they did a big [but not as big as icahn wanted] dividend they told him to gently caress off and did a split instead

he was basically telling apple to give all their cash to shareholders

isn't that a completely idiotic idea given that they got big discounts by buying whole runs of parts in cash well in advance? there must be a better medium between give all cash to shareholders and amazon's every penny of profit gets reinvested strategy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Enderzero posted:

isn't that a completely idiotic idea given that they got big discounts by buying whole runs of parts in cash well in advance? there must be a better medium between give all cash to shareholders and amazon's every penny of profit gets reinvested strategy

his response was "it's cheap to borrow money now, do that instead"

like I said he buys a stock with a price he wants in mind and he recommends any activity that gets him closer to his sell point at which point he doesn't need to care about the future of that company

he was one of the biggest backers of yahoo selling to MS which would have been a disaster for both companies but he would have got his $40 a share so he didn't give a gently caress

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

you guys are makin me happy Ive never set foot in a titty bar

unrelated

Elder Postsman posted:

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

wasn't icahn vocally on herbalife's side when they were massively shorted a couple years ago?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

he was one of the biggest backers of yahoo selling to MS which would have been a disaster for both companies but he would have got his $40 a share so he didn't give a gently caress
yahoo really should have taken that deal though

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

people like carl icahn should be put into camps.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Elder Postsman posted:

:godwin:

i mean corporate raiders what are destroying everything, not jews.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FMguru posted:

yahoo really should have taken that deal though

jerry yang shooting that down is one of the only instances of the management of a publicly traded company honestly trying to protect its employees

if they'd gone through with it there wouldn't even be a yahoo office in the bay area anymore

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

the talent deficit posted:

wasn't icahn vocally on herbalife's side when they were massively shorted a couple years ago?

yep

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

it wasn't a bad bet because IIRC herbalife owns the government of whatever state it's run out of and it's not like pyramid schemes get shut down often

still gently caress that guy

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Elder Postsman posted:

a good chunk of the world's richest people are jewish by nazi rules iirc

makes u think :frog:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Munkeymon posted:

it wasn't a bad bet because IIRC herbalife owns the government of whatever state it's run out of and it's not like pyramid schemes get shut down often

still gently caress that guy

california?

you are probably thinking about utah and orrin hatch. for whatever reason utah is filled with bullshit snake oil companies and orrin hatch was a huge defender of them in the senate. thankfully he is gone now.

lol nutritional mlms are such bullshit. here is one literally selling tap water for about $120 per gallon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the CA DMV has told drivers they should register their vehicles as commercial

• Locked thread