Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
So there's an early show and a late show in my city. I assume I should buy tickets to the late show to avoid most of the younger crowd, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Drunk Tomato posted:

So there's an early show and a late show in my city. I assume I should buy tickets to the late show to avoid most of the younger crowd, right?

It won't help as much as you think it does, but yeah, it'll help a bit.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Drunk Tomato posted:

I missed the NYC show which apparently was this past Friday and I didn't even know about it. I was mildly upset, but your post makes me realize - the majority of the crowd is probably Tumblr-ites, isn't it?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BJPaskoff posted:

I missed the NYC show which apparently was this past Friday and I didn't even know about it. I was mildly upset, but your post makes me realize - the majority of the crowd is probably Tumblr-ites, isn't it?

yeah it would really suck to be in an audience with people who post in a different online nerd community than the online nerd community that you post in

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Earwicker posted:

yeah it would really suck to be in an audience with people who post in a different online nerd community than the online nerd community that you post in

I walked around the block instead of waiting for the doors to open in front of the theater because the people waiting in line were literally talking about their Cecil slash fiction.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

TheJoker138 posted:

I walked around the block instead of waiting for the doors to open in front of the theater because the people waiting in line were literally talking about their Cecil slash fiction.

Yes, god forbid they like a thing in a different manner than you like the thing.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

When I went to the Oslo show there was a girl dressed up as the faceless old woman that secretly lives in your house. It was pretty great.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bairfanx posted:

Yes, god forbid they like a thing in a different manner than you like the thing.

Talking about how they want different characters to rear end gently caress each other in public goes a bit beyond this, but ok.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

TheJoker138 posted:

Talking about how they want different characters to rear end gently caress each other in public goes a bit beyond this, but ok.

I mean I'm not offended that other people like this thing differently, I just would prefer to not to be listening to weird stuff like this if I can help it. Same reason I'll cross the street to avoid some poor mentally ill soul shouting curses and death threats.

Anywho... Latest episode was really great. Cecil's diction during the call was so perfect. The Weather was the best IMO since the Eliza Rickman song. The funny thing is that I searched the band name (fault lines) on Google Play, and it came up with a few albums. I listened, and... Turns out there is some awful scream-metal band with the same name. So beware.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

I had friends like this in high school (ie the only people who would actually talk to me). I never understood it. It's like they have no sense of shame. Two or three of them even went to a yaoi (gay japanese cartoons) convention a state over and one proudly displayed a tote bag that literally just said "yaoi" on it around school when she got back.

Edit: Ah, sorry, I just realized that this is quickly heading into a derail and we have other threads for this sort of thing.
Carry on with the on-topic stuff.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 21, 2015

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Drunk Tomato posted:

The Weather was the best IMO since the Eliza Rickman song. The funny thing is that I searched the band name (fault lines) on Google Play, and it came up with a few albums. I listened, and... Turns out there is some awful scream-metal band with the same name. So beware.

Yeah, it looks like they don't have that much of a presence beyond their website. Hopefully Night Vale got them some exposure because they were great.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Any idea when the recording will be available?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Woohoo, last year was fun and this year is going to be just as good. Gonna get dose tickets.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Already got my tickets for Philly :toot: But I wasn't able to get in on presale for Dallas tickets :argh:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Kazy posted:

Already got my tickets for Philly :toot: But I wasn't able to get in on presale for Dallas tickets :argh:

Ah, you're one of the many who live within easy driving distance of Philly and Dallas.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

maxnmona posted:

Ah, you're one of the many who live within easy driving distance of Philly and Dallas.

I'm from Texas and have family there, but live in Philly. I introduced my cousin in Texas to the show and he really loved it, so I was hoping to get him tickets. :v: (but yes I actually drive from Philly to Texas when I visit)

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Things are more like they
are now than they ever were before.
I've made the drive from Dallas-->St Louis (played a show, hit the road at 1:00 am and drove all night/day)-->Philly (for a show with Unknown Hinson).

Moral of the story: Don't be an idiot when booking your own tour just to get in on a decent bill.

Also, preparing my browser to get the Dallas tickets.....

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I was worried that I might have to drag my father along because I'm unfamiliar with the area and the entire show he would be like "I don't understand, what's going on?" but thankfully that won't be necessary. Ten minutes left. :f5:

Edit: It has nothing to do with how well things in the show are explained, sometimes he just has a hard time following stories. I had to explain to him what was happening in those commercials where it starts like a movie and then one guy says "we have to move this to the other room" because he is actually a person watching the movie.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 23, 2015

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Snagged my Houston tickets, this is gonna be an awesome birthday gift. Looking forward to seeing you all live!

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Neptune Theatre in Seattle is claiming not available to public until 12 for my fellow Seattle-ites

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Things are more like they
are now than they ever were before.
If you want tickets for the Dallas show, go here: http://c3reserved.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php

C3 Concerts hasn't added the "buy tickets" link to their site yet.

I was able to snag the front center section, row H!

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Grabbed myself and my family tickets for the show in DC. Looking forward to it!

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Got tickets to the Clearwater show. So glad there's finally gonna be shows in Florida.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Colander Crotch posted:

Neptune Theatre in Seattle is claiming not available to public until 12 for my fellow Seattle-ites

That's right, tickets are on sale at noon duder

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Drunk Tomato posted:

That's right, tickets are on sale at noon duder

The website was saying 10 am since it was announced. Thus my comment.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Colander Crotch posted:

The website was saying 10 am since it was announced. Thus my comment.

Member presales started at 10am yesterday. A lot of venues have mandatory member presale things.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Well I guess I was just not paying attention enough. Either way, I got my tickets for the 9:30 show, and am looking forward to seeing you guys.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
After having a minor heart attack from Ticketmaster IP blocking me on my computer, I used my phone and was able to grab a ticket for the LA show! I can't wait!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Totally forgot tickets went on sale today. Went to buy tickets for the Ks show and it's almost sold out. Thats crazy.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Kinda bummed there's no NYC show this time around, but I guess Glenwick PA is close enough for me in central NJ. Any particular reason you're not hitting up NYC again, besides Librarian just being there recently?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Rose Spirit posted:

Kinda bummed there's no NYC show this time around, but I guess Glenwick PA is close enough for me in central NJ. Any particular reason you're not hitting up NYC again, besides Librarian just being there recently?

I would be absolutely shocked if there is not an unannounced anniversary show in NYC being lined up for June - possibly to record the script being taken on the road right now. (Or possibly another new one.)

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Rose Spirit posted:

In the last 15 months we've done 8 shows in NYC. (Not to mention the regular other live things we do there, with another one coming this March http://www.symphonyspace.org/event/8480/Literature/selected-shorts-emwelcome-to-night-vale-em) If you missed us there, that's on you.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

I would be absolutely shocked if there is not an unannounced anniversary show in NYC being lined up for June - possibly to record the script being taken on the road right now. (Or possibly another new one.)

Prepare to be shocked.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

maxnmona posted:

Prepare to be shocked.

:(

Oh well then!

Best of luck with the tour. Guess I'll need to check out what's availiable secondhand in New England closer to the date.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

maxnmona posted:

In the last 15 months we've done 8 shows in NYC. (Not to mention the regular other live things we do there, with another one coming this March http://www.symphonyspace.org/event/8480/Literature/selected-shorts-emwelcome-to-night-vale-em) If you missed us there, that's on you.

That is totally reasonable, I guess was just spoiled that we got so many shows here in the first place. (I've seen two of them!) Please ignore my whining that the universe has stopped being convenient for me specifically.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Grabbed a ticket for the Bloomington, IN show. :toot:

But, uh, did you guys know that the day of the show is Indiana University's graduation day? The town could be a bit hectic that night.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

maxnmona posted:

Prepare to be shocked.

I eagerly await something that may or may not happen in June in NYC especially since last June's NYC was goddamn fantastic. Assuming I can get tickets which may be an even bigger issue this year than it was last year.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Slaan posted:

Grabbed a ticket for the Bloomington, IN show. :toot:

But, uh, did you guys know that the day of the show is Indiana University's graduation day? The town could be a bit hectic that night.

Our Minneapolis show last year was across the street from the All Star game and next door to a Flaming Lips concert. It'll be fine.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

a big fat bunny posted:

I eagerly await something that may or may not happen in June in NYC especially since last June's NYC was goddamn fantastic. Assuming I can get tickets which may be an even bigger issue this year than it was last year.

What's happening this June in NYC is we're resting after a two month tour and I'll be getting married. You won't be able to get tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

We are going to go right down through the midwest around the peak of tornado season and I am going to record a tornado.