Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

You're right, that is pretty good. Flamewake pheonix can't come back off of goblin scout though, but it can off of ashcloud, fanatic, stormbreath, and sarkhan, or it could off of a dashed scout if you can pump with purphoros too. I'll revise my list later, it was literally something I threw together off the top of my head. Scout/flamwake with purphoros is too good to pass up though.

Well, yeah. My example with dashing the scout assumes you already have 3 devotion on board including Purphoros since Purphoros triggers Ferocious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
4x Monastery swiftspear
2x Eidolon of the Great Revel
4x Mardu Scout
4x Flamewake Phoenix
4x Fanatic of Mogis
2x Ashcloud Phoenix
2x Stormbreath Dragon
2x Purphoros, God of the Forge

4x Lightning Strike
4x Magma Jet
2x Crater's Claws

2x Chandra, Pyromaster

3x Nykthos
21x Mountains

Adjusted the list a bit, moved 2 eidolons and hammer to the sideboard. Whats your opinion on the numbers?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't really like Magma Jet, it's a bit slow. Instead I was thinking Dragon Mantle could be a good fit for MRD. It gives you +1 devotion, replaces itself, helps trigger heroic and combined with a flyer it gives you another way to do mad damage with Nykthos.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
this dumb mill deck:

Deck: Mill

//Main
4 Retraction Helix
4 Jeskai Ascendancy
4 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Thassa's Ire
4 Kiora's Follower
4 Market Festival
4 Villainous Wealth
4 Altar of the Brood
4 Returned Centaur
4 Opulent Palace
4 Thornwood Falls
4 Temple of Mystery
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Rugged Highlands
4 Tranquil Cove

Display deck statistics

win conditions:
1) jeskai+sylvan+creature with helix
2) ire+land with two market festival+follower
3) land with two market+follower+ascendancy+creature with helix

goal is to cycle altar/ire to charge villainous wealth to x=60 or cycle altar/ire using a second altar

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

4x Monastery swiftspear
2x Eidolon of the Great Revel
4x Mardu Scout
4x Flamewake Phoenix
4x Fanatic of Mogis
2x Ashcloud Phoenix
2x Stormbreath Dragon
2x Purphoros, God of the Forge

4x Lightning Strike
4x Magma Jet
2x Crater's Claws

2x Chandra, Pyromaster

3x Nykthos
21x Mountains

Adjusted the list a bit, moved 2 eidolons and hammer to the sideboard. Whats your opinion on the numbers?

I wouldn't even bother running Swiftspear, honestly. There aren't enough prowess triggers in the deck to make her worth it. I would try to get the mid-game section of the deck as consistent as possible. And the double devotion given by Eidolon is pretty necessary. In fact, I would probably splash white just for Chained to the Rocks (and sideboard enchantment removal) since it is more efficient removal, and you'll need to squeeze as much out of recurring Flamewake as possible. Maybe something like this:

4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
4 Mardu Scout
4 Flamewake Phoenix
1 Hammer of Purphoros
4 Ashcloud Phoenix
2 Purphoros, God of the Forge
4 Fanatic of Mogis
2 Sarkhan, Dragonspeaker
1 Chandra, Pyromaster
4 Chained to the Rocks
4 Lightning Strike
1 Harness by Force/Mob Rule
2 Crater's Claw

4 Nykthos
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Temple of Triumph
12 Mountain

Edit:

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't really like Magma Jet, it's a bit slow. Instead I was thinking Dragon Mantle could be a good fit for MRD. It gives you +1 devotion, replaces itself, helps trigger heroic and combined with a flyer it gives you another way to do mad damage with Nykthos.

Dragon Mantle may be a good answer if you don't want to splash white. Being able to slap it on a Flamewake for Nykthos fueled firebreath isn't the worst thing in the world.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 20, 2015

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

AlternateNu posted:

I wouldn't even bother running Swiftspear, honestly. There aren't enough prowess triggers in the deck to make her worth it. I would try to get the mid-game section of the deck as consistent as possible. And the double devotion given by Eidolon is pretty necessary. In fact, I would probably splash white just for Chained to the Rocks (and sideboard enchantment removal) since it is more efficient removal, and you'll need to squeeze as much out of recurring Flamewake as possible. Maybe something like this:

4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
4 Mardu Scout
4 Flamewake Phoenix
1 Hammer of Purphoros
4 Ashcloud Phoenix
2 Purphoros, God of the Forge
4 Fanatic of Mogis
2 Sarkhan, Dragonspeaker
1 Chandra, Pyromaster
4 Chained to the Rocks
4 Lightning Strike
1 Harness by Force/Mob Rule
2 Crater's Claw

4 Nykthos
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Temple of Triumph
12 Mountain

Yeah I was just trying to consider the lack of t1 plays, though I guess that isn't unusual in the current standard. Splashing for chains is also a possibility and I'm a huge fan of that card, though with so many fliers I wasn't sure it was necessary and with enough hasty fliers and unavoidable damage I was thinking the goal would be simply to put the opp in burn closeout range. Temples do provide another t1 option though.

I don't like dragon's mantle outside of sligh though, with more midrange creatures it's a lot easier to lose value getting 2-for-1'd by a downfall. Jet is a little slow but it does kill monastery mentor and soulfire grandmaster, both of which I expect to see a bit of in the next few weeks while people try to figure out how good they are.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't like dragon's mantle outside of sligh though, with more midrange creatures it's a lot easier to lose value getting 2-for-1'd by a downfall. Jet is a little slow but it does kill monastery mentor and soulfire grandmaster, both of which I expect to see a bit of in the next few weeks while people try to figure out how good they are.
I don't think that's too much of a concern outside of a U/B control matchup. Against a deck like this almost no-one can afford to sandbag removal and leave 2-3 mana open every turn. Plus you probably want to play it on the phoenixes a lot of the time anyway, which would still be just a 1 for 1 even if interrupted.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
So are warriors going to be a 'thing' now? Some friends and I have been brewing and have come up with a list that looks something like this:

2x Battlefield Forge
4x Bloodstained Mire
4x Caves of Koilos
4x Mana Confluence
2x Mountain
3x Plains
3x Swamp
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

2x Sorin

4x Mardu Woe-Reaper
4x Bloodsoaked Champion
3x Sightless Brawler
4x Chief of the Edge
4x Battle Brawler
3x Mogis's Marauder
3x Brutal Hordechief

4x Murderous Cut
2x Crackling Doom

2x Mardu Ascendency

In testing it's proven to be explosive when it goes right but absolutely limp when it goes wrong. It reminds me a lot of the mono-black aggro deck I was running just after Khans where the wins I pulled off were swift and vicious but the losses were just facing down hopeless odds.

The ascendency, as laughable as it may be, is in there to combat Anger of the Gods which was a huge problem in testing. Upping the number of creatures helped with a Hordechief on the board too, especially because it creates throw-away creatures to use with his active.

Surprisingly it dealt with things like midrange and whip really well, as Woe-Reaper is basically maindeck hate for whip and Hordechief's active blanks Midrange's big butts.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

YoshiStomper posted:

Has anyone tried doing a R/G Monsters deck yet with the new cards? This is all I can come up with so far, it's pretty janky.

Deck: Monster Devotion Test

//Land
4 Temple of Abandon
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
7 Forest
3 Mountain

//Spells
4 Collateral Damage
2 Frontier Siege

//Creatures
1 Xenagos, God of Revels
3 Terra Stomper
4 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Goblin Rabblemaster
1 Hornet Queen
3 Whisperwood Elemental
3 Flamewake Phoenix
4 Stormbreath Dragon
3 Polukranos, World Eater

//Planeswalkers
2 Xenagos, the Reveler

Display deck statistics

I feel like Xenagod can come out, and maybe a random one of Hornet Queen isn't worth it. Any suggestions? Maybe cut Xenagod and Queen for 2 Nissa?

I don't like Nykthos in these types of decks, it's hard to reach a point where your devotion to Green pays off when you're also playing a bunch of Red creatures like Flamewake Phoenix, Rabblemaster, and Stormbreath. The colorless mana makes it harder to play Courser and Flamewake Phoenix on curve, and makes the T2 Rabblemaster much less likely. Speaking of which, you need to fit 4 Elvish Mystic in this deck. I'd shave a copy of Whisperwood Elemental, the 2x Frontier Siege, and Xenagod. Replace the Collateral Damage with Wild Slash, and I'd cut the Terra Stompers for Nissas and a third Xenagos.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm now exploring 2 brews in modern, both using sac outlets reusable dudes lik Bloodghast, with one also recalling dudes with Alesha. Might there be a place for Bridge Gro Below in there? Both will probably run Liliana OTV, the red may get Faithless Looting too.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Entropic posted:

So UB control with a couple of Silumgar as a finisher and 4x Crux of Fate has to be a thing now, right?

I'm going to be trying SIlumgar and Crux, though not 4X crux and a few vaults still. Also running one Pearl Lake still and one Ugin. Unfortunately, I work until 7:30 the next two Fridays, so I'm only going to get to test in in random pickup games at the shop, which usually means testing against Team Small Child, High school dudes who can only afford budget brews, or the EDH crowd, which rarely tells me what I want to know about a deck.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been running this:

Deck: Green Hydra

//Main
4 Sylvan Caryatid
2 Elvish Mystic
2 Nylea, God of the Hunt
2 Bow of Nylea
2 Naturalize
2 Hunter's Prowess
4 Karametra's Acolyte
2 Heroes' Bane
2 Hooded Hydra
18 Forest
3 Archetype of Endurance
3 Nylea's Disciple
4 Hornet Nest
2 Hydra Broodmaster
2 Sedge Scorpion
2 Mortal's Resolve
2 Genesis Hydra
2 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx

//Sideboard
2 Feed the Clan
2 Incremental Growth
2 Defend the Hearth
2 Hunter's Ambush
2 Mistcutter Hydra
2 Solidarity of Heroes
2 Fade into Antiquity

Display deck statistics

Any suggestions?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Run 4x Mystic.

Do you really need Naturalize in the main?

Get rid of Feed the Clan unless your goal is to lose slightly later than you normally would.

Edit: if you like playing with the Hornet Nest maybe look into Setessan Tactics or some other fight cards depending on what you can find (Hunt the Weak, Savage Punch). I'm not a huge fan of Acolyte. How about Voyaging Satyr? It works really well with Nykthos.

odiv fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 21, 2015

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Any suggestions?
Deck name should be "hungry hungry hydras".

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
And yeah, get Naturalize out of the maindeck. Run Raclamation Sage instead. 4 Elvish Mystic. Consider Voyaging Satyr, because it can untap Nykthos when you're going off.
Karametra's Acolyte isn't great, you'd rather just cast a thread with GG in its cost to make nykthos better. Run all 4 Nykthos. Mortal's Resolve isn't great. In a ramp deck like that you don't want to be keeping up your mana, you want to be tapping out to empty your hand onto the board. They can kill some of your creatures, but you're counting on having more creatures than they have removal spells anyway. And you want creatures that give you immediate value. I'd consider Polukranos (hey, he's a hydra!), hornet queen (will get you hornets way more reliably than hornet nest), and from the new set, Whisperwood Elemental.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
If you need the life gain, Nylea's Disciple is better than feed the clan, and your deck needs Setessan Tactics so bad it isn't funny. And 3 Archtype of Endurance seems a bit much. Defend the Hearth/Hunters Ambush both seem out of place as well. Whisperwood Elemental seems like a nice anti wrath insurance.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, I didn't suggest Polukranos because I figured it might not be there due to budget. Obviously if you can, get some of those and some Coursers of Kruphix. Mmm, green mana symbols.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Only 20 lands? I mean. I know Mana Dorks! and all, but how do you ever not just die if someone just nukes your field?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

odiv posted:

Run 4x Mystic.

Do you really need Naturalize in the main?

Get rid of Feed the Clan unless your goal is to lose slightly later than you normally would.

Edit: if you like playing with the Hornet Nest maybe look into Setessan Tactics or some other fight cards depending on what you can find (Hunt the Weak, Savage Punch). I'm not a huge fan of Acolyte. How about Voyaging Satyr? It works really well with Nykthos.

The Acolyte's been working great for me. Good potential for T1 mystic T2 caryatid T3 acolyte T4 hydra

I'll get tactics in

Bugsy posted:

If you need the life gain, Nylea's Disciple is better than feed the clan, and your deck needs Setessan Tactics so bad it isn't funny. And 3 Archtype of Endurance seems a bit much. Defend the Hearth/Hunters Ambush both seem out of place as well. Whisperwood Elemental seems like a nice anti wrath insurance.

I've got three disciples for GG devotion and to tide me over in case poo poo gets real early.

odiv posted:

Yeah, I didn't suggest Polukranos because I figured it might not be there due to budget. Obviously if you can, get some of those and some Coursers of Kruphix. Mmm, green mana symbols.

yup

Polukranos is like $7.50 and coursers are $11.75

AlternateNu posted:

Only 20 lands? I mean. I know Mana Dorks! and all, but how do you ever not just die if someone just nukes your field?

I thought rule of thumb is two mana creatures = 1 land: I've got 12

Anyway, incorporating suggestions:

Deck: Hungry Hungry Hydras

//Lands
16 Forest
4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx

//Spells
2 Bow of Nylea
2 Hunter's Prowess
2 Setessan Tactics

//Creatures
2 Archetype of Endurance
4 Elvish Mystic
2 Genesis Hydra
2 Heroes' Bane
2 Hooded Hydra
2 Hornet Nest
2 Hornet Queen
2 Hydra Broodmaster
3 Karametra's Acolyte
3 Nylea's Disciple
2 Nylea, God of the Hunt
2 Sedge Scorpion
4 Sylvan Caryatid
2 Voyaging Satyr

//Sideboard
2 Incremental Growth
2 Defend the Hearth
2 Hunter's Ambush
2 Mistcutter Hydra
2 Solidarity of Heroes
2 Fade into Antiquity
2 Naturalize

Display deck statistics

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
First pass at my Moder Aristocrats/Alesha deck:

Deck: Modern Aristocrats - Mardu Matriarchy

//Spells
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Liliana of the Veil
4 Faithless Looting

//Creatures
4 Champion of the Parish
4 Bloodsoaked Champion
4 Cartel Aristocrat
4 Bloodghast
3 Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
2 Avalanche Riders
4 Falkenrath Aristocrat
3 Dark Confidant

//Land
4 Marsh Flats
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Godless Shrine
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Blood Crypt
2 Plains
4 Swamp
1 Mountain
1 Cavern of Souls

//Sideboard
4 Lingering Souls
3 Kataki, War's Wage
2 Fiend Hunter
3 Blood Moon
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Display deck statistics

Need to try it out to figure some things out. Should Lingering Souls be maindeck for Affinity matchups? How about Fiend Hunter for general creature removal, and Thalia for general disruption?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I thought rule of thumb is two mana creatures = 1 land: I've got 12

That's only a decent rule of thumb if trying to maintain a standard curve (and are playing with an EDH deck). Not if you're trying to ramp into big stuff quickly. And it certainly doesn't take into account mana dorks that cost 4. Seriously, you need at least 23 lands (I really recommend 24), and you need to drop the Acolytes for more Voyaging Satyrs.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As a challenge to myself I'm trying to build a Modern monocolored "budget" deck for each color, the idea I had for the white deck is this goofy Turbofog deck-

Deck: MonoW Turbofog

//Lands
2 Ghost Quarter
1 Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
18 Plains
2 Reliquary Tower

//Spells
2 Blind Obedience
4 Dawn Charm
3 Elixir of Immortality
3 Font of Mythos
4 Holy Day
4 Howling Mine
2 Isochron Scepter
4 Leyline of Sanctity
4 Pollen Lullaby
3 Riot Control
4 Temple Bell

//Sideboard
2 Disenchant
3 Ethersworn Canonist
3 Path to Exile
4 Silence
3 Tormod's Crypt

Display deck statistics

Any suggestions? The sideboard is mostly stuff I have lying around. I'm also not sure how much non-Fog defense to run.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Now that Golgari Grave-Troll is unbanned in Modern, I wonder if there is a deck to be made around it. One thing I was thinking about is how many cards is it possible to dredge in one turn, since dredge's biggest weakness is it rolls over and dies to graveyard hate. Fortunately most of the hate is Relic or Rest in Peace or Bojuka Bog, so it comes in to play at sorcery speed, so I was looking to see how many cards you can successfully dredge at the end of your opponent's turn, and I think the answer is probably Careful Consideration, along with Hedron Crab + fetches, and an active Enclave Cryptologist. When all those narcomoebas and Bloodghasts come out of your graveyard, I think Greater Gargadon and Viscera Seer are probably the best sac outlets in modern. If you have multiple copies of Bridge from Below in your graveyard, you should have enough 2/2 zombies on your turn to kill your opponent, and if not, you probably also have a 9/7 with haste. If necessary you can add a couple copies of Unburial Rites and Bridge from Below. If you aren't playing against any hate, you can start dredging earlier, but against graveyard removal, I'm looking to dump half my deck into my graveyard on about turn 4, at the end of my opponent's turn, minimizing the number of opportunities they have to take out your win condition. A VERY tentative list would look something like:

Deck: Modern Dredge

//Main
4 Polluted Delta
2 Watery Grave
1 Blood Crypt
5 Island
4 Flooded Strand
4 Steam Vents

2 Street Wraith
3 Bloodghast
3 Narcomoeba
2 Enclave Cryptologist
3 Phantasmagorian
3 Stinkweed Imp
3 Greater Gargadon
3 Viscera Seer
3 Hedron Crab
4 Golgari Grave-Troll

4 Bridge from Below
3 Thirst for Knowledge
4 Careful Consideration

Display deck statistics

Other cards I am considering: Ideas Unbound, Dark Deal, Thought Scour. Anybody have any thoughts?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

C-Euro posted:

As a challenge to myself I'm trying to build a Modern monocolored "budget" deck for each color, the idea I had for the white deck is this goofy Turbofog deck-

//Lands
2 Ghost Quarter
18 Plains
2 Reliquary Tower

//Spells
2 Blind Obedience
4 Dawn Charm
3 Elixir of Immortality
3 Font of Mythos
4 Holy Day
4 Howling Mine
2 Isochron Scepter
4 Leyline of Sanctity
4 Pollen Lullaby
3 Riot Control
4 Temple Bell

//Sideboard
2 Disenchant
3 Ethersworn Canonist
3 Path to Exile
4 Silence
3 Tormod's Crypt

Display deck statistics

Any suggestions? The sideboard is mostly stuff I have lying around. I'm also not sure how much non-Fog defense to run.

Any reason for the pollen lullaby over safe passage?

Also pardon my ignorance but how does this kind of deck even win?

Other than forcing your opponent to shoot themselves in the face out of boredom...

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Based on the cards I see there, you win by mill. The version of this deck I saw at a local PPTQ was running Luminarch Ascension as the win condition.

Any particular reason for Tormod's Crypt over Rest in Peace?

Also, the deck's sideboard and plan in general seems pretty weak to Twin, maybe you'd want 2-4 Torpor Orb in there as a way of stopping the combo, although I guess you're probably just dead in the water against Twin because they'll get to draw 2-3 cards a turn because of the nature of your deck and can kill you as soon as they find a Shatter effect or a Cryptic Command.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah the wincon is drawing your opponent out and stalling with Fog effects, plus Leyline and Prison in this case. Elixirs to make sure you don't mill out first (also lifegain for when you do take a hit). I think Lullaby is better than Safe Passage here because the Leylines protect you from non-combat damage for the most part, and Lullaby buys you an extra turn if you win the clash. Plus you can stick Lullaby on a Scepter.

Boco- no RIPs because they don't play nice with Elixir, though I suppose my opponent is always going to draw first off of a Mine or Font so maybe it doesn't matter? Plus Ghost Quarters to pull an extra card or two from their library. Torpor Orb is a good idea and I have two laying around to put in (probably in place of some Silences), I've actually never encountered Twin playing at my LGS so I'm not sure what their answers are to Fogs and Ghostly Prison.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Answer to fog is swing next turn, answer to prison is bounce with cryptic then attack.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Molybdenum posted:

Answer to fog is swing next turn, answer to prison is bounce with cryptic then attack.

In theory you have so many fogs and are drawing so many cards that you can just play another fog. Also Blind Obedience is an answer to the Twin combo(although, again, it can be bounced by Cryptic). If you can get your board of Howling Mines set up in time I think this deck beats Twin, dunno if it can do that though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
That's the idea, but I wish there were one or two more Howling Mine-likes at 3 mana or less. The first version I came up with ran blue for Dictate of Kruphix (3 mana Mine) and Jace's Erasure (faster clock), I might transition to that once this list gets built.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Have you tried Temple Bell?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

It looks like it's in the list already. What about that one from Avacyn Restored? The book that gets counters and draws cards for each player...I can't think of the name...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dungeon Ecology posted:

It looks like it's in the list already. What about that one from Avacyn Restored? The book that gets counters and draws cards for each player...I can't think of the name...

Otherworld Atlas, and it's much too slow compared to something like Temple Bell.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

C-Euro posted:

Otherworld Atlas, and it's much too slow compared to something like Temple Bell.

It's the Grindclock of Howling Mines.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Temple Bell has the downside of being shut down by Stony Silence, though I'm not sure if that's realistically an issue with Turbofog.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Walking Archive could also work, although its a creature.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

C-Euro posted:

//Lands
2 Ghost Quarter
18 Plains
2 Reliquary Tower

//Spells
2 Blind Obedience
4 Dawn Charm
3 Elixir of Immortality
3 Font of Mythos
4 Holy Day
4 Howling Mine
2 Isochron Scepter
4 Leyline of Sanctity
4 Pollen Lullaby
3 Riot Control
4 Temple Bell

//Sideboard
2 Disenchant
3 Ethersworn Canonist
3 Path to Exile
4 Silence
3 Tormod's Crypt

Display deck statistics

Never run Holy Day when Ethereal Haze exists

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=ethereal+haze

Lieutenant Centaur fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 23, 2015

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

There's someone you had a deal with in SA mart that wants to talk to you.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

If it's me you're talking about he PM'd me. Thanks though.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Went 5-0 at FNM with Boss Sligh updated for Fate Reforged; I didn't have Shaman of the Great Hunt on hand at the time, so I slotted back in a copy of Rabblemaster and it worked pretty well (though I was lucky to have a copy of Hammerhand on hand 90% of the time), though I still plan to test Shaman now that I traded for one.

What really surprised me, however, was Goblin Heelcutter. It fit nicely into the deck's curve and didn't compete with other one-drops like Frenzied Goblin did, and Dash allows it to avoid stuff like Crux of Fate, End Hostilities, Drown in Sorrow, and Anger of the Gods, in addition to taking out a blocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Posting the Legacy Dragon Combo deck I'm tweaking because I could really use some feedback on it.

3 Worldgorger Dragon
4 Careful Study
4 Brainstorm
4 Entomb
4 Animate Dead
4 Dance of the Dead
3 Intuition
2 Pact of Negation
1 Snapcaster Mage
2 Tropical Island
4 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea
2 Island
1 Swamp
2 Verdant Catacombs
3 Flooded Strand
4 Force of Will
4 Lotus Petal
2 Cunning Wish
2 Gitaxian Probe
1 Dig Through Time
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 Thoughtseize
SB: 1 Flusterstorm
SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 2 Pithing Needle
SB: 1 Abrupt Decay
SB: 1 Wipe Away
SB: 1 Pact of Negation
SB: 1 Stroke of Genius
SB: 1 Intuition

Goal of the deck is to loop an Animate Dead variant and Worldgorger to get infinite mana, then either use Entomb, Brainstorm, Cunning Wish, Intuition, Dig, or Snapcaster Mage to get a line of play going that will win. If I can't win that turn, then the game just draws and I try again.

E: Some big things I'm wondering about:

How many lands should I be running? Is 18 too many with the cantrips and Lotus Petals when I need to hit 3 mana at most? Should the singleton Dig be cut? How many Petals would be ideal? Would it be better to cut Probe for Ponder to allow for more known information in my hand when making mulligan decisions? Should I have more than 2 Pacts? Would cutting 1 copy of an Animate Dead variant be something to consider?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 25, 2015

• Locked thread