Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I do not use that, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Agents are GO! posted:

SPERG has two issues with its installer: it doesn't put the Uncapper.ini in the proper place, and it doesn't automatically move the DLC patches out of the optional folder.

This fact along with a short step by step tutorial on how to fix the problem manually after installing SPERG is worth putting in the OP since so many people come to this thread and end up using SPERG.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
What are your favorite magic mods? I like SPERG, but the game desperately needs more spells, which SPERG doesn't really provide, and I'm worried that other mods that add spells might combine with SPERG's scaling mechanism to throw the game balance completely off the rails.

Also I installed a bunch of mods and got a really cool modified Lesser Ward spell for the Restoration tree that essentially acts as a hypothetical Bound Shield. What mod did that come from? I'm guessing Immersive Armors? Are there stronger variants of it?

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

Heavy neutrino posted:

What are your favorite magic mods? I like SPERG, but the game desperately needs more spells, which SPERG doesn't really provide, and I'm worried that other mods that add spells might combine with SPERG's scaling mechanism to throw the game balance completely off the rails.

Also I installed a bunch of mods and got a really cool modified Lesser Ward spell for the Restoration tree that essentially acts as a hypothetical Bound Shield. What mod did that come from? I'm guessing Immersive Armors? Are there stronger variants of it?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16225/

Don't forget the compatibility patch.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Heavy neutrino posted:

Those wards are from SPERG.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This sounds pretty good. I will probably try it the next time I want to focus on casting.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Chief Savage Man posted:

I'm looking through my list and honestly can't remember which one it was. I'm of the 'install thirty mods at once, hope for the best' school of modding.

Maybe somebody else here recognizes the effects?

:catstare: + :catdrugs: indeed - I think I need that for myself, as I'm a horrible skooma/moon sugar hoarder every time I play.

And 37 points of Stamina isn't enough for my LEETLE FRIEND. :black101:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do any weapon mods have one-handed hammers? I think my next character will be an itinerant smith and I want him to smash heads with his work tools. I thought about just giving him a warhammer but I don't really like playing 2H.

I'm not using any mods that add weapons currently, just that one that makes swords less fat and clunky so I'd preferably want to use one that gets along with that.

fake edit: I found this, is this pretty much it or are there other options?
One Handed Warhammers

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

MaliciousOnion posted:

I used to get rainbow polygons, as well as other graphical glitches. I figured out it was because I had set AA and AF to off in the main SkyrimPrefs.ini but hadn't realised Mod Organizer uses its own SkyrimPrefs.ini file, which needs to be changed through MO.

Huh. Okay, the Project ENB installation said nothing about disabling AF. Doing that didn't kill off the polygons, but it kept the game running long enough to make a default Nord:

:stare: Uh, well at least I think it's a Nord. Looks like it IS my ENB, as the game looks fine without it. With it enabled, though, I started seeing this when I spawned in:

It changed depending on the angle I was looking at (things I looked at directly would generally be loaded), and eventually I CTDed.

I have two suspicions:
1: Since the things further from my cursor were generally the things that would unload and simply pointing at them would usually reload them, maybe there's some Depth of Field issue that I need to figure out.

2: Prior to this install, I had been running an ENB in the past (I think an old version of Project?) which I later installed the speedhack over. Did the same for this one since, unless there's a method I'm unaware of, MO can only apply things to the Data directory. How should I go about clearing out my old ENB stuff? Do I need to wipe my Skyrim directory to be sure I got everything?

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

What graphics card are you using?

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Shadowlz posted:

What graphics card are you using?

It's pretty new: an R9 280X 3GB. I have 12 gigs of DDR3 1600 and I'm running on an i5 4590. Updated my drivers, too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Xavier434 posted:

This sounds pretty good. I will probably try it the next time I want to focus on casting.

Grab Spectraverse and Dwemertech from the same dude. If you don't feel like doing short yet awesome quests for awesome new spells, there's a no quest version of each.

I also cannot stress how awesome Thunderchild (a shout mod by the same dude) is. It makes a shout focused character doable.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Kraven Moorhed posted:

It's pretty new: an R9 280X 3GB. I have 12 gigs of DDR3 1600 and I'm running on an i5 4590. Updated my drivers, too.

That's definitely enough power - I'm using lower specs across the board and I'm running fine with DoF enabled. Old drivers, too.

Are you launching through MO? Your SkyrimPrefs.ini should have the following changes:

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

How do you install the compatibility patch using Mod Org? Just install both and load it after the main patch? Just want to make sure I don't break everything

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Heavy neutrino posted:

How do you install the compatibility patch using Mod Org? Just install both and load it after the main patch? Just want to make sure I don't break everything

Yep.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

Do any weapon mods have one-handed hammers? I think my next character will be an itinerant smith and I want him to smash heads with his work tools. I thought about just giving him a warhammer but I don't really like playing 2H.

I'm not using any mods that add weapons currently, just that one that makes swords less fat and clunky so I'd preferably want to use one that gets along with that.

fake edit: I found this, is this pretty much it or are there other options?
One Handed Warhammers

Heavy Armory has mauls, which are basically one-handed warhammers.

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
IIRC, Weaponizer adds combat hammers, which are one-handed. They don't look much like hammers a smith would use, though.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

How exactly is ASIS fiddly?

There's a ton of mods that you have to add to it's exceptions list or it bugs out. I like to install, make a wrye bashed patch, then play.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks for the suggestions! I'd looked at Heavy Armory before but just wasn't that interested in adding spears and whatnot and looks like Weaponizer also adds that kind of stuff. This mod came up when I searched for hammers as well and they're all just a little more extensive than what I was hoping to find. I was kinda hoping to run across something that let you swing around the clutter hammer as a weapon (or something styled like it).

edit: found exactly that with a more general search.

Tools and other clutter as weapons:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58769/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32370/

Stand-alone, unenchanted hammers:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31495/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50412/

And for something totally unrelated the team bow shooting in this mod sounds like fun if you run with a posse.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 23, 2015

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

There's a ton of mods that you have to add to it's exceptions list or it bugs out. I like to install, make a wrye bashed patch, then play.

Which is exactly why I made, and recommended earlier, this.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

MaliciousOnion posted:

That's definitely enough power - I'm using lower specs across the board and I'm running fine with DoF enabled. Old drivers, too.

Are you launching through MO? Your SkyrimPrefs.ini should have the following changes:

This did the trick: turns out the installation instructions on the Nexus page skipped like half of those, which were causing all my weird issues. Thanks a ton!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Thanks for the suggestions! I'd looked at Heavy Armory before but just wasn't that interested in adding spears and whatnot and looks like Weaponizer also adds that kind of stuff.

I like the idea of adding spears to the weapons available, but it seems pretty dumb when there are no spear-use animations and they get used like swords or something. Supposedly a few people were working on adding spear animations, but I don;t know how that's going. It's supposedly very hard to add new, additional attack animations (or something) for some reason.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I saw something that added a polearm animation in place of the greatsword animation which uh...seems like a poor solution since you still end up with a weapon class with a funky animation.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Thanks for the suggestions! I'd looked at Heavy Armory before but just wasn't that interested in adding spears and whatnot and looks like Weaponizer also adds that kind of stuff. This mod came up when I searched for hammers as well and they're all just a little more extensive than what I was hoping to find. I was kinda hoping to run across something that let you swing around the clutter hammer as a weapon (or something styled like it).

You could also try Unlocked Grip, which will let you swing vanilla warhammers with one hand. You'll probably take massive penalties to speed and damage, though.

GunnerJ posted:

I like the idea of adding spears to the weapons available, but it seems pretty dumb when there are no spear-use animations and they get used like swords or something. Supposedly a few people were working on adding spear animations, but I don;t know how that's going. It's supposedly very hard to add new, additional attack animations (or something) for some reason.

There's a mod called Character Behaviors Enhanced that's trying to get around that problem. It's still a work in progress, though, and last time I checked, the new animations only worked in third person (though they've said they'll eventually make them work in first person).

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Is there a mod that adds maces suitable for a paladin character, with a "holy" theme? Ideally like Vicious Swords, only maces.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

How exactly do I add SPERG as an exclusion to ASIS? I see a section in the ini for ModExclusions and PerkModExclusions. Do I add all the SPERG patches too?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If I alter respawn time with a bashed patch to a lot of nines, it rolls over to -10000.00. I assume this is "never respawn", but does it also stop the regular corpse despawner from running? I want to despawn corpses normally, just prevent every single respawn anywhere in the world.

(There's a poorly described mod that separates all the timers out, so I know it can be done, but I don't know if it's a native thing.)

e: And totally unrelated, would it be possible to make a mod that makes pickpocketed items count towards the Thieves Guild Bedlam jobs? It only counts Steal and not Pickpocket, and it also seems to not count stealing from some containers, but not all. There doesn't seem to be any mod out there that does that - only one that lets you alter the total amount needed for the job.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 23, 2015

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

After installing Apocalypse Spells and the SPERG compatibility patch, my game consistently crashes whenever I try to open up the world map screen. I have a pretty light cocktail of mods -- all the unofficial patches, SkyUI, SPERG, Immersive Armors, Immersive Patrols and Apocalypse. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Which is exactly why I made, and recommended earlier, this.

But it doesn't mention excluding SPERG. I thought about using the improved inis, but just decided to turn off perks altogether in ASIS, so it only adds more enemies. Left everything else vanilla, I think. No bashed or merged patch. Will that make my game suck, and if so, how?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Heavy neutrino posted:

After installing Apocalypse Spells and the SPERG compatibility patch, my game consistently crashes whenever I try to open up the world map screen. I have a pretty light cocktail of mods -- all the unofficial patches, SkyUI, SPERG, Immersive Armors, Immersive Patrols and Apocalypse. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

I just created a new Mod Organizer profile with exactly the same mods, load order and skyrimprefs.ini settings, and it stopped :psyduck:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Bouchacha posted:

How exactly do I add SPERG as an exclusion to ASIS? I see a section in the ini for ModExclusions and PerkModExclusions. Do I add all the SPERG patches too?

Install the Improved ASIS INIs and don't worry about it.

Gorgar posted:

But it doesn't mention excluding SPERG. I thought about using the improved inis, but just decided to turn off perks altogether in ASIS, so it only adds more enemies. Left everything else vanilla, I think. No bashed or merged patch. Will that make my game suck, and if so, how?

:shepicide: Okay, all new folks. My improved ASIS INIs are designed for two things:

1.) Out-of-the-box Compatibility with every mod they can be, including SPERG and all other overhauls.
2.) To add as many new spawns as possible over the vanilla ASIS INIs. The vanilla ASIS INIs are set up only for vanilla no-DLC skyrim, and very conservatively at that. You'll get very few new spawns with the vanilla INIs compared to mine.

poo poo, even the current author of ASIS recommends trying my INIs. Also, even if you don't use ASIS or my INIs, you should have a merged patch. It's simple as hell and prevents headaches.

Edit: Not trying to put words in LtSmash's mouth. Just getting a little frustrated with all the "How do I fix ASIS problem Agents are GO! fixed months ago?!?!" posts. :smug:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 23, 2015

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Woolie Wool posted:

Is there a mod that adds maces suitable for a paladin character, with a "holy" theme? Ideally like Vicious Swords, only maces.

Something you might want to check out that I just found myself is Bound Elemental Weapons. Adds 50 cost bound weapon spells for each of the elements as well as light and dark.

"Sun (Light) Weapons are leveled with your Restoration skill, as well as increase your restoration magic when used and cast."

One of the weapons is a one handed morningstar. There's also Bound Mage and Paladin Armors by the same author.

"-Sun Aura to deal 5 Sunlight dmg to the undead in combat range
-Immunity to disease
-Paladin's shield (Solar Shield) can bash the undead with an explosion of sunlight!"

Both require Dawnguard for the sun spell attributes.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

I think I have my mods finally set up (lol) and everything seems to be running well. The weapon damages feel normal, but I noticed that the stats are scaled weird. Armor ranges from 20-40 but weapons are 1-4. So a Steel Sword will say 2 damage, and a helmet will say 16 armor. Again, punching a bandit in the face with a giant axe does what looks like appropriate damage, I just don't know why my weapon stats got so squished.

I have morrowloot set up, sperg, loot and degradation, and god knows what else. I don't want to spam the thread with my gigantic load order, but does anyone know which popular out there does this to weapon and armor stats? I didn't change up my mod set up except add appropriate compatibility patches and tightening it up, so I'm stumped as to what caused this change.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I was really thinking of a physical mace, not a spell (especially since my paladin has no points invested in Conjuration.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Bouchacha posted:

I think I have my mods finally set up (lol) and everything seems to be running well. The weapon damages feel normal, but I noticed that the stats are scaled weird. Armor ranges from 20-40 but weapons are 1-4. So a Steel Sword will say 2 damage, and a helmet will say 16 armor. Again, punching a bandit in the face with a giant axe does what looks like appropriate damage, I just don't know why my weapon stats got so squished.

I have morrowloot set up, sperg, loot and degradation, and god knows what else. I don't want to spam the thread with my gigantic load order, but does anyone know which popular out there does this to weapon and armor stats? I didn't change up my mod set up except add appropriate compatibility patches and tightening it up, so I'm stumped as to what caused this change.

I can't really tell why this would happen just based on load order. Actually, my first thought is that it might be a skill issue. I think that the displayed value of armor protection and weapon damage factors in your relevant skill, but even then, I don't think you could have a One-Handed weapon skill so low it takes 75% of a steel sword's damage away...

If I were in your position, this is where I'd open op TES5Edit and see what conflicts there are for the weapons.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

GunnerJ posted:

I can't really tell why this would happen just based on load order. Actually, my first thought is that it might be a skill issue. I think that the displayed value of armor protection and weapon damage factors in your relevant skill, but even then, I don't think you could have a One-Handed weapon skill so low it takes 75% of a steel sword's damage away...

If I were in your position, this is where I'd open op TES5Edit and see what conflicts there are for the weapons.

Yeah after posting I tried launching with some esp disabled, couldn't narrow it down, then re-enabled the esps, and now somehow the problem seems gone. I wonder if I just got some errant skill status effect which knocked all my poo poo down somehow. Who knows! Skyrim modding.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Install the Improved ASIS INIs and don't worry about it.

poo poo, even the current author of ASIS recommends trying my INIs. Also, even if you don't use ASIS or my INIs, you should have a merged patch. It's simple as hell and prevents headaches.

Its true. Agent's inis are really thorough and cover tons of mods. The basic ones were really meant to be a basic starting place since Plutoman (the original ASIS author) figured neither he nor anyone else could hope to keep up to date with the popular mods so he wasn't even gonna try. Agents are go! proved :spergin: overcomes all and made INIs that cover everything but a goon could want. I haven't checked if they support the weird fetish mods but I'd give it a 50/50.

And yeah make a merged patch. It makes mods work together much better and is simple to make. 1) Open your load order in tesVedit and wait for it to say done. 2) Right click in the left window and choose other > create merged patch. 3) Press okay then name it something like Merged Patch and hit okay again. 4) wait for it to finish then quit and save it.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

LtSmash posted:

And yeah make a merged patch. It makes mods work together much better and is simple to make. 1) Open your load order in tesVedit and wait for it to say done. 2) Right click in the left window and choose other > create merged patch. 3) Press okay then name it something like Merged Patch and hit okay again. 4) wait for it to finish then quit and save it.

From what I read you're supposed to deselect your bashed patch from the TES5Edit load, and then delete the Leveled Items list from the merged patch before closing TES5Edit and saving it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, this too, unless you're not using a Bashed Patch. If you are, you want it to manage all leveled list merging.

LtSmash posted:

Also, to anyone doing this for the first time: it's tedious and boring but if you feel like taking the time, it's possible to build on this by manually resolving any conflicts this does not catch (which will likely be quite a few). This guide is for the New Vegas version but they're similar enough to be compatible, you want chapter 4: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38413/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Complete Crafting Overhaul is especially likely to have its changes reverted by other mods.

• Locked thread