Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

buzmeg posted:

One does storyboarding okay, but Murata just has an insane sense for "show, don't tell". It's the differences between the two that really stand out.

In the latest chapter, it's page 21 where Saitama is just standing there after the attack and then the camera pulls back for the big reveal. And simply doesn't mention it and moves on.

Sheer brilliance.

Well, there's a little tell, but its done the best way it could be - after Saitama has chewed Fubuki out for not getting what it means to be a hero, so it ends up framed as a demonstration, rather than explaining after the fact. But yes, that he just does it so naturally is what makes it work so well.

That's part of the charm of the series really. It may examine and critique the concept of a superhero, but it understands them better than most these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just ended up going to another site

daannnngggg

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tollymain posted:

Are half of the pages just not working for anybody else? :(

New version was put up so all the old links lead to nothing.
Current version is here

KoB
May 1, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

Well, there's a little tell, but its done the best way it could be - after Saitama has chewed Fubuki out for not getting what it means to be a hero, so it ends up framed as a demonstration, rather than explaining after the fact. But yes, that he just does it so naturally is what makes it work so well.

That's part of the charm of the series really. It may examine and critique the concept of a superhero, but it understands them better than most these days.

Saitama is drawn at his most badass explaining what a true hero is/does, and when his power is shown hes back to regular ol' Saitama.

Its not the beard hero on the outside, its the Hero on the inside.

One of the few Heroes that Saitama has acknowledged is a weak C-Class with the strength of a normal dude, but he acknowledged Licence-less Rider as a true hero.

KoB fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 23, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Did the second most powerful esper on Earth just pull a box cutter?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't think she's quite that powerful

anyway sometimes you just gotta shank a fucker you know

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There was a lot of boob jiggle in that chapter.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
That chick's clothes are loving painted on, Jesus.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Prison Warden posted:

OnePunchman pays tribute to superhero comics on every level.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
As a black person I'm gonna have to agree with the pewds assessment of this chapter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Voted Worst Mom posted:

As a not-black person I'm gonna have to agree with the pewds assessment of this chapter.

This is me

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Prison Warden posted:

it's as borat would say "very ncie"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Were there tears in Fubuki's eyes on one page?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Yes, there were tears.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

There was a lot of boob jiggle in that chapter.
Tatsumaki must be as jealous as hell.

Alternate link, mangapanda sorry.

http://www.mangapanda.com/onepunch-man/62

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I hope we get to see more Tatsumaki simply because she and Saitama are cut from the same cloth. The cloth of being super powerful and also poorly drawn most of the time.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So maybe I'm reading the flow wrong but she's going at him when the the two others fighting go behind her, catching her off guard, and Saitama just instantly steps in the way to protect her even though milliseconds earlier she was trying to cut his face? The lines of the explosion read like that.

Because it looks like that to me and I just really like the fact that you can 100% be behind Saitama doing stuff like that and he is just the best.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My favorite bit is how between panels the wind direction does a 180 so her skirt goes from dramatically blowing in the wind behind her to hugging every curve of her rear end and legs

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

My favorite bit is how between panels the wind direction does a 180 so her skirt goes from dramatically blowing in the wind behind her to hugging every curve of her rear end and legs
See

Prison Warden posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

So maybe I'm reading the flow wrong but she's going at him when the the two others fighting go behind her, catching her off guard, and Saitama just instantly steps in the way to protect her even though milliseconds earlier she was trying to cut his face? The lines of the explosion read like that.

Because it looks like that to me and I just really like the fact that you can 100% be behind Saitama doing stuff like that and he is just the best.

You're not wrong, that's literally what happened.

Also

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah thats what I thought happened too.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

It's not out of character or anything.

Eej posted:

I hope we get to see more Tatsumaki simply because she and Saitama are cut from the same cloth. The cloth of being super powerful and also poorly drawn most of the time.

She shows up a bunch in the next story arc.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, Sonic Speed is S-class level of power, right? And his only concern is beating Genos so he can challenge Saitama?

God this manga is just too good. I really hope we get another "DEATH" pulled punch from Saitama towards Sonic like during his big fight with Genos just to end the constant fighting and Sonic goes "huh. Well I'm done"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Her dress only gets skin-tight when she uses her powers to create wind, which is a nice touch. And really, can you blame Murata? He has had approximately 0 chances to draw attractive women thus far in this manga. An artist who likes to draw women isn't exactly unusual.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

And really, can you blame Murata? He has had approximately 0 chances to draw attractive women thus far in this manga.

Sonic sort of counts?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pentyne posted:

So, Sonic Speed is S-class level of power, right? And his only concern is beating Genos so he can challenge Saitama?

God this manga is just too good. I really hope we get another "DEATH" pulled punch from Saitama towards Sonic like during his big fight with Genos just to end the constant fighting and Sonic goes "huh. Well I'm done"

Speed Of Sound Sonic (lol) isn't even a hero so it's kinda hard to tell what his level would be. From what we've seen now he certainly doesn't have S-level strength if he couldn't take Genos. Though, the only fights I can remember him losing was that sea monster [Was it a king too?] because he was saving someone else's life and got acid on him and Saitama.

mr. stefan posted:

Sonic (lol) sort of counts?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

oh my gosh Genos's smug face when he realized she was targetting Saitama for hazing was hilarious

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Indeed.

It's interesting to see how her design has changed from where we first saw her:

Mainly her boobs are bigger and her clothes are tighter.

Also this:

Man just wants to draw sexy ladies.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Not gonna lie I totally did think Speed of Sound Sonic was a woman for the longest time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

pentyne posted:

Hard to say as we haven't seen much of his fight with Genos, but he's gotta be at least high A-rank if he can hold his own against an S-rank hero. He also did pretty good again'st the Sea King who defeated 2 S-ranks.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Davinci posted:

Not gonna lie I totally did think Speed of Sound Sonic was a woman for the longest time.

He literally has child bearing hips and a stereotypical lady ninja haircut, its totally intentional

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He got punched in the balls in his first appearance, how could you ever think he was a woman?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

He didn't get balltapped until the very end of his first appearance and groinshots hurt like hell for chicks too.

e: like now that I think back on it, aside from saitama's dialog the whole scene is framed like the punchline to a joke where sonic having balls to be punched in is the big reveal that he's actually a dude.

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 23, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Sonic got sent to super homogay prison for men which a super homogay hero used as his private harem.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Sonic is S Rank in power. Lowest of the S Ranks is Mr. Rapey Prisoner guy and Sonic completely unarmed is about as strong as him. Armed, well he is going up against genos who so far hasn't landed and hits on him which is kind of a big deal.

Also remember when Sonic slipped out of his clothes while fighting the sea kings "I'm wet prepared to get WRECKED" mode? and went streaking to go get some drat weapons to kill the big loving fish? no tits there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Indeed.

It's interesting to see how her design has changed from where we first saw her:

Mainly her boobs are bigger and her clothes are tighter.
She should change her outfit to something like her sister's.
And vice versa.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I read through this manga yesterday and today.

This is the best manga.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Speed of Sound Sonic(:lol:) is greater than S-rank in speed but lower than most of the S-ranks in everything else, at least that is my impression. I think he would be pretty powerful with the right weapons, though who knows, maybe he already is, does he ever pull out that sword of his?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Speed of Sound Sonic(:lol:) is greater than S-rank in speed but lower than most of the S-ranks in everything else, at least that is my impression. I think he would be pretty powerful with the right weapons, though who knows, maybe he already is, does he ever pull out that sword of his?

Didn't he use it on his first fight with Saitama, in which Saitama just grabbed it? Not at home to read through and check it.